Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #1  

Default Soups?

Hi! Two questions.

First, how are the LAWL soups? I actually want them more for cooking (to replace the "Cream of" soups in some recipes (unless you have a better idea of course! )

And second, are we able to eat any of the canned soups out there? I really like soup this time of year and have been missing it.

Thanks!
Monica in IL
mommyof2gals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:18 AM   #2  

don't really know how LAWL soups are, but i knwo some use them in recipes, but not just to have as is.

I think most soups would be way to much salt and very hard to count so I would say off hand only homemade soups would work where you know what went into it.

we can have chicken broth and the like (low sodium) so soup it home can work, just play with it.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #3  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I have tried the LAWL chicken soup before and it was good. I added pieces of chicken to it. I mentioned once at the COD that I was going to lunch to have soup and a salad and I was told to skip the soup...too much salt.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:50 AM   #4  
Britt/LAWL~Red

The best thing for soups is to make them yourself. The canned even if you can find low-sodium (i have yet to find any) is still gonna have more than we should have. If you can make it at home that would be best since you know what goes it in.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:33 AM   #5  
LAWL Center Manager

I think the LAWL soups are pretty good, but I will admit that I mainly use them over something else like chicken (as a broth or gravy). I'm not a soup person, though.

Soups that you buy, as everyone here has stated, simply have too much sodium to work well with this program. There are some soup recipes, however, in the cook book that are good.
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote