Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 08:49 PM   #61  

hi again
i stayed the same that was good. i like coming here you ladies are great for support. thanks
Old 07-17-2001, 09:56 AM   #62  

Hi, Ladies! I just wnated to pop in and say by for a while. I am going out of town soon and might not be able to post. I mgiht borrow a computer while I am gone. I don't know how long I will be gone. I will miss all of you! Good luck!
Karen
Old 07-17-2001, 10:12 AM   #63  

Hey Karen,

Hope you have a great trip and we'll see ya when you get back! Good luck on the plan while you are gone!

Marcie
Old 07-17-2001, 11:34 AM   #64  
Need Support

Default Weighed in at home center

Hi all,
weighed in when I got home and gained l 1/2 pounds.
They said that the center in Michigan could weigh different.
Not disappointed. It will all come off sometime.
Good luck to all who are going on vacation.
Sharon
Old 07-17-2001, 12:54 PM   #65  

Smile I did it!

I am now an official member of the LAWL family!
I am so excited! I start the JetStart tomorrow.
I've been going over and over this menu to decide what to get this afternoon at the grocery that will feed me and my husband. I can't buy too much or the bank will come get me before I lose any weight at all! ha,ha.
I'm looking forward to hearing all of your stories , getting to know each of you better, and sharing my experiences.

I'll check back in a day or two. Thanks everybody and good luck!
Sherri
Old 07-17-2001, 01:43 PM   #66  
Need Support

Default WelcomeSherri

Welcome Sherri and good luck on your Jet Start.
I am so excited for you. I love this program.
I am home now and had to go shopping this morning to make sure there were things I could eat.
I am going to get the family on more healthful eating too.
I can see my daughter is having a problem with being able to stop eating.
I am homeschooling her this year, so I want to put this in our program as far as eating healthy, not a diet.
Sharon
Old 07-17-2001, 01:46 PM   #67  

Okay, I finally made an appointment with LAWL...I go tonight at 5:00, however, as I stated before $$$ is very tight. They told me I wouldn't have to pay much up front...not even $100 but wouldn't give me an exact amount. I have the feeling I'll be paying more than they're letting me know...she said it's less than $7 a week but not a pay-by-week program. I have to do this behind my husband's back because he doesn't think I can stick to anything (yes, he's very supportive ) I'll let you know what I think.
Old 07-17-2001, 02:15 PM   #68  
Need Support

Default Losing It

I don't understand why they told you it would not cost much.
Depending on how many weeks it is times $7.The bars are $14 a box and you need two boxes a week.
They are cheaper if you buy bulk.
I am not trying to bust your bubble, but they should not make promises they cannot keep.
Do you have alot to lose? My total lose is 130 to 145 pounds. I paid $6 a week. Must be the areas that are different. My Mom paid $6 a week too and she lives in Michigan.
I hope you can do this . It works if you let it work.
Sharon
Old 07-17-2001, 02:23 PM   #69  

I actually have 50 pounds to lose...I'm about 175 now and would love to get to 125 (I'm 5'3" and small boned underneath all this ). I am just desperate to get rid of this weight and I feel this program would work for me...my husband is working 2 jobs and I'm working 1 just to keep a roof over our heads...I cannot justify spending this money right now to him so I will do what any good wife would...I will hide it (ha ha). He'll forgive me when I'm back in a bikini.
Old 07-17-2001, 03:05 PM   #70  

Losing It, congrats on taking the first step to losing weight! I told them that I could not pay it all up front either and they put me on a payment plan. They had me pay as much as I could up front and then I paid every two weeks until i had it paid off. Here is a little tip, if you get the jello instead of the bars it lasts longer. One packet of jello lasts me 2 days instead of one. There are 4 servings per packet. You have to have 2 a day so it lasts a little longer. I just buy 1 box a week. They didn't even realize it and when I told them, my old counselor said maybe you should be eating 4 servings a day and I was like no way b/c of the calories. Anyway I hope that helps! I know how hard it is to justify spending the money. In my case my husband is super skinny and can eat anything. Luckily he is very supportive and is okay with me spending the money. He knows that I will not be happy until I lose this dreaded weight! I do know that every center is different, so maybe they will work out a payment plan with you. Good Luck and let us know how it goes!!

Sherri, I am so excited for you! You will do great! When I was on Jet Start I ate a lot of Rotisserie Chicken from the deli of the Grocery Store! It is yummy! They say to get the plain though b/c of the sodium. Not the lemon pepper or others! I can't wait to see the results!

Sharon, I am sorry that your center said you had gained! BUT I am proud of you for not getting down! You know that you have done so awesome!!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Marcie
Old 07-17-2001, 06:52 PM   #71  

Hi Guys
Sorry--it has been a long time since I have written. I have been reading the posts and I am so happy for everyone!! I have been doing horribly!!!!!!!!! I don't know what it is--or what is going to make me get back on track. I know that that is the key. I had a long talk with my manager today, and I looked over my chart---it has been 4 months since I have lost anything---I have been playing with the same few pounds. I pledge now, that I am going to write everything down--I KNOW that is the key!!!!
Will let you know at the end of the week how I did.
Take Care
MArgaret

WHERE IS BELA?????????????????/
Old 07-17-2001, 07:17 PM   #72  

Default Same boat

Margaret,
I'm having the same problem. I'm playing with the same couple of pounds and have been since the beginning of May. I'm taking it one step at a time and trying to stay OP, but it's so hard when you've taken a sideroad! I need to write my stuff down too. I believe the keys to the whole program is to journal your food, eat your bars (supplements), and drink lots of water. It all works together to keep you on track! I'm having a hard time too and had the same conversation with my counselor today too about using the diary. I'm going to carry mine in my purse and try to remember it. I'm always in my purse so I'm going to try to remember. If anyone has anyother ideas, please share!

Hang in there Margaret,
Janie
Old 07-17-2001, 08:01 PM   #73  

Hi, I just got back from my first appointment (consultation) and as I thought it was not cheap...they assured me over the phone that it would not be close to $100 today...so I wasted 1 1/2 hours going there...anyway it was $7 a week up front $350 plus $50 for bloodwork and the cost of the bars...I had about $50 to spend tonight and they told me sorry but I couldn't start unless I gave them $169 today...it looked like a great program and a lot of support but you can't get water from a rock or money from an empty bank account. I'm really disappoined but what can I do?????
Old 07-17-2001, 08:27 PM   #74  
Need Support

Default Sorry

Sorry you were disappointed.
It cost me about $325 for losing 130 pounds in 43 weeks. Did you say that you have to lose 50 pounds .
I don't understand why yours was so much.
Hope you can find a way.
Sharon
Old 07-18-2001, 10:21 AM   #75  

I actually measured 51 pounds to lose...they told me 26 weeks for that at 2 pounds per week, 6 weeks of stabilization and 20 weeks of maintenance to equal a full year. I think they want to get as much money up front as possible because of the high number of people who fail on diets...that's probably their strategy. The lady was really nice but not willing to work with me financially...I could have given another $100 next week but she let me leave without joining which I was surprised about.
Closed Thread