3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA WeightLoss #30

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 06:00 PM   #31

hi everyone
i lost the 1/2 that i gained this week.
i have to really be strick with myself now all the parties are over with and how i can focus on me.
i thought i would stop and read some post today to get me going the right way
thank you all
dee
Old 07-07-2001, 09:15 PM   #32

Default Good for you

Hi Dee,
Good for you for getting back on track.
How easy it is for us to gain, but takes a lot of willpower to get back on track.
I hope I feel this excited about losing at the Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas). If I can make it through that I can make it through anything. One Christmas season I did lose 10 pounds but that was about it.
I think I was on Phen/Fen. Then the bad news on the tv and newspapers with that I got off of the pills and said I would never take a pill to lose again.
Going to Denny's Restaurant tomorrow and getting the grilled Chicken salad with Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing. To die for.
I had it last Sunday. The only Dennys by my home in Tennessee is by Opryland and that is an hour away.
We are taking my Grandmother and Great Aunt out to dinner tomorrow and that is where they like to eat.
Have to go for now and eat my lalite.
Sharon 44
Old 07-08-2001, 08:02 PM   #33

Hi everyone! Well I had a terrible day today. I had friends over last night to grill out and I was doing so good. I had grilled chicken when they had burgers. BUT we ended up drinking a lot of beer last night and boy am I paying for it today. I haven't really drank in a while and today has just been awful. I have eaten off plan, just about anything to make me feel better. I am so disapointed in myself but I won't get down. I'll be back on plan tomorrow.
Fran, I completely know how you feel about being heavy for your wedding. I weighed the most I have ever weighed at my wedding 3 months ago. My husbands brother then got married a month after us and I was in the wedding and when I saw the pictures I cried. I started LAWL the monday after the wedding. I would have given anything if I had found LA WL before my wedding. Congrats to you on your weight loss! Glad you are with us!

Dee, congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Marcie
Old 07-08-2001, 09:56 PM   #34
choose it to loose it:)

Marcie, Don't beat yourself up for it. It is good to go off the program every once and a while because that way you know why you want to be on it. For me I feel so much better on it then when I am off.

Lastnight we went down to Nebcity to visit some friends and we had brought some salad and chicken breasts with us to grill out and they hab bratwarst (my very favorite) and I was so proud of myself that I didn't have any of it. But,......I did have some of the baked beans though. They were tasty. They also had some fresh fruit that was wonderful too. So all and all I don't think that I did all that bad.

Well Have to send out some resumes

Nite

Karen M
Old 07-09-2001, 03:57 PM   #35

Thanks Karen! I appreciate the encouragment. Congrats to you on your evening last night. It feels so good when you don't give in to your favorites! Well hopefully I can get out of the sodium I took in yesterday before my weigh in tomorrow.

Have a great day!!
Marcie
Old 07-09-2001, 09:48 PM   #36

Default Hi, All!

I was referred here by Marcie....thanks, Marcie!
I had asked her from another site about LAWL. I have already been to my initial consultation and am still debating on whether to join or not. I WANT to, but I'm scared. Until recently I've had problems just paying the bills I have, much less a new one considering the lites you have to buy. (I tasted a chocolate one and loved it!) Although, I was recently promoted and make a little extra now.
Funny how I even think about all the people that will say - "Here she goes again! This won't last." And what if it doesn't????
I am also worried about my husband who is SKINNY and wants country food every night. He doesn't get it every night - but he wants it! So, I'm worried about how we will work that out.
I also wanted to ask if a person has trouble on low carb diets would this be a mistake? I've tried it twice before and lost my cool, but maybe the counselors would come in handy there. I don't know.
I know this message sounds like I am a complete WIMP, but I promise I don't show that side to the whole world - but I figured I'd get most of my fears out with all of you right away!
FYI: My goal is 51 pounds. That would still be overweight - but I'd feel alot better. I am 4'11" and 186lbs. I have also been called "Roseanne" more than I care to admit...Ongoing fight with the hubby and others who THINK of it as a compliment. Yeah, right!

Anyway - congrats to everyone on the weight they have already lost and good luck for your next weigh ins!

Sherri
Old 07-09-2001, 11:38 PM   #37

Sherri,

Hey there! Welcome! I will be honest with you...I have tried many low carb diets and failed. This program has been the best thing for me. I too had to lose 51 pounds and now I am at 41 pounds. I live in Alabama, not far from you. I am from Nashville and I understand the country cooking thing. My husband is skinny and can eat anything. I cooked him tacos tonight and had a chicken salad with grilled chicken. It takes time...but in the end you feel so much better. I hope you give it a chance...and if not...that is okay too. Keep in touch and good luck!!

Marcie
Old 07-10-2001, 10:14 AM   #38

Default Welcome Sherri

Glad you decided to check out our group.
Marice steared you in the right direction. This is a wonderful group to talk to.
I love the program and I have now lost 40 1/2 pounds in 13 weeks.
I am on vacation in Michigan now at my Moms and going to her laweightloss while I am here. Don't want to have to relose what I have already lost. You can go to any laweightloss when you travel, but they have to fax your records there and then you can get your bars there too.
I live in Chapel Hill, TN and go to the Columbia LAweightloss center. I live not to far from you.
Good luck on your decision. Dont want to talk you into anything you don't want to do, but you should know when you are ready. I will be 50 in 3 years and I want to have all of my overweight gone and also an 8 years old and 13 year old. I don't want to drag behind then anymore. I want to keep up with them.
Good Luck,
Sharon44
Old 07-10-2001, 03:10 PM   #39

Hey everyone!

Went and weighed in and stayed the same. I guess I shouldn't be too upset b/c of the weekend I had. I really need to lose at least 2 pounds to stay on track. I must be really strict this entire week!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Marcie
Old 07-10-2001, 07:54 PM   #40
choose it to loose it:)

Sherri honey, If someone called me Rosanne I would be crushed for one and another if my husband said to take that as a compliment I would have divorced him I think that would made me get off my butt and start walking and eating better. I would NEVER want to be put down like that. Sorry if I sound harsh but you need someone that is going to support you not tare you down.

As far as the lawl diet, I LOVE IT!! I have lost 47 lbs and 20 inches in 11 months. I can't believe how good I feel. When I first was thinking about doing the diet I almost didn't because I was afraid that I wasn't going to have enough to eat (dumb thought huh??) That's how I did all the diets that I was on. I ended up getting my galbladder out and then I ended up with severe heartburn and gas pains and that's when I decided that I didn't want the diet that I was on (high fat and high carbos). The thing that scared me the most is the no bread that I couldn't have for the first 3 days. I thought I was going to die the first day. Hubby and I went to a movie and the smell of popcorn made me so hungry that I almost weakened. But I made it through and I am so glad I did. And YES it does work. I wish that I had a scanner so I could put my pics out here on the web to show people.

So Keep that in mind. Set yourself a goal and a vision of yourself and go with it. I have never been heavy until the last 10 years and I don't think I want to be back there again.

Karen M
Old 07-11-2001, 05:39 PM   #41

hi everyone

welcome sherri.
well i weighted in today and i lost 3 more lbs and i feel great about it and i'm under 200 again and i don't entend to go back up again i hope.
thank you all for your support
Old 07-11-2001, 07:47 PM   #42

Dee that is so awesome! Keep up the good work!!
Old 07-13-2001, 09:12 AM   #43

Hi, ladies! I ahve been gone for a week and I missed all of you! I have been eating perfectly on plan. I feel so good about it. I want to reach my goal in time!

Welcome, Sherri!!

Well, I have tow eigh in today wish me luck!
Karen

Goal:
100 Pounds By Sept 22
Old 07-13-2001, 10:53 AM   #44

I lost 1 3/4 at weigh in! Yeah! I guess being perfectly on plan worked!

Have a good weekend ladies!!
Karen

Goal:
100 Pounds By Sept 22
Old 07-13-2001, 11:56 AM   #45

Default Thanks everybody!

I want to thank all of you who welcomed me and gave me some advice. After debating about the money issue - I have decided to join LAWL!
I go to sign up Monday July 16th. I am sooo excited. Talk to you all later.
Sherri
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.