3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA WeightLoss #30

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 10:22 AM   #16
Spicy Chick

Hi Ladies: I lurk around becuz I used to be on the plan. Just a clarification of your weeks based on goal weight.

If you do not reach your goal weight on time buying extra weeks is a option--you do not have to. I did not reach my goal weight on the time line I was given--I chose not to give them any more money..I won't go into detail why..but anyway I just went right to stabilization/maintainence...I just continued to loose on my own. It worked out fine. If you feel you need to pay them additional money to get your goal weight...that is a option..not a rule..or you can choose not to give them any more money like I did.

You ladies are doing good, you have the right attitude.You do what works for you.
Old 07-05-2001, 01:00 PM   #17

Hi all!
Well made it through the day yesterday and did well. Went to weigh in this morning and I was up .5 a pound. I am not too worried about it b/c it is TOM. I usually gain 2-3 pounds. They took my measurements and I have lost 10.5 inches total. I just can't believe it. My clothes still fit the same so I guess it doesn't seem real. How much weight did y'all lose before your clothes started fitting loser? I am just so ready to drop a size! Imagine if I had been exercising for the last 6 weeks. I really need to pick that back up again.
I hope everyone had a great 4th!
Marcie
Old 07-05-2001, 03:51 PM   #18

Hi, Ladies!

Marcie, don't worry about the slip you are doing great! We are human and I know you were working so hard! I missed my July 4th goal by a few pounds as well. Don't worry we will make it! Exercising is definitely helping me know. You will probably drop a size all the sudden that is what I do. Good Luck!

Maggy, I might try express again. It might help me along. I am so close to goal my body must know it.

Ladidi, I am glad you did well. I won't be purchasing extra weeks either. I will make goal or be very close.

Barbs88, your center sounds totally different than the one I go to. I paid for 33 weeks and mine includes 6 weeks of stab and then 1 year of maintenance. I wonder why yours was different? I got a breakdown when I paid up front that told me how many weeks I Have. It says 33 weight loss weeks + 6 stab. weeks and 1 year of maintenance. I really like all the rules they give me. It forces me to eat vegetables and eat healthy. When I didn't have as many rules on WW I just kept choosing the fattening foods to fill up my points. I am glad you are having success on WW. We all are different and need to lose weight differently. For me I made the right choice. I am sorry you didn't like LAWL but all of us do and we are trying so hard. I am very close to my goal and I am trying to stay positive and give support to all the ladies here. You wouldnít like it if I kept saying how terrible WW is would you? I am sorry if I seem mean but I am trying so hard and I really need all the support I can get right now. The ladies here are wonderful and really help me when I am struggling. I was here reading for support when I read one of your posts. I really was having a bad day and I didn't need all the negative stuff you said. Please, try to understand we are all here to help each other. When you keep telling all of us how horrible LA is it makes it hard. Again, I am sorry if I am hurting your feelings but please stop telling us how horrible LAWL is. I think it is wonderful and I follow all the rules and I lose an average of 3 pounds per week.

Sharon, you are doing great! Wish your Mom Luck for me!

I am so sorry for my rambling I am just tired of negative comments. I am working hard at LA and I want to read about good things not bad.

We had a party and I stayed OP. I just planned it so I knew what I would be eating. I am so glad I did OK. I ate watermelon for dessert and I was so full! I hope all of you are OK. Did you have a happy 4th? I am weighing in tomorrow. I just got over my TOM so I hope the water weight is gone now!

Well, I better go now. I am sure I bored all of you.

Karen

Goal:
100 Pounds By Sept 22
Old 07-05-2001, 04:29 PM   #19

Karen, thanks for the encouragment! I really needed that! Also thanks for saying what I didn't have the guts to, about LA WL. I was the same way about WW as you were. I filled up on carbs and that is why i couldn't lose the weight. The rules that are put in force for us at LA WL is only for our own good. I am glad we have them b/c if I hadn't found LA WL I would be in serious trouble weight wise. I found it just in the nick of time. I am glad you had a good fourth. Congrats on doing so well! Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!
Marcie
Old 07-06-2001, 11:17 AM   #20

Hi, everyone! I am back here again. Sorry to bore all of you!

Marcie, thanks so much! I am a carb. eater also. I agree totally about WW. I just think this one is perfect for me. I need rules! I can tell some bad stuff about my WW experiences but I donít because I donít want to discourage any WW ladies! I use another board for support as well and lots of them are on WW and I donít talk about my negative experiences with them. I just think it would be hard for them. You are doing great and I am sure you will make your goal!!!

I weighed in this morning and I was so happy. I weighed on Mon as well and I had a water weight gain since it was TOm and I was constipated (sorry ladies) I was upset because I jumped back up to 180.5 with all the water weight. I was sure it was water because I felt swollen ect. It still made me depressed so I kept on program and exercising. I lost about 4 pounds. I am so glad to be regular and not be so bloated. I asked if I can take a bran pill I saw in the vitamin section at Wal- Mart. They told me I can since it is sugar free and no carbs. I think Spring Valley makes it. It is similar to fiber con ect just pure bran. I might start taking it daily so I don't have the constipation again. It is really uncomfortable!

I couldnít find my Gold plan card this morning. Someone at my party on Wed. Stole it!!! I was so mad because no one mentioned my Weightloss and I know they all hadnít seen me since I weighed 254. How rude was that? I asked for a new on at LA this morning. I thought you ladies would think that was funny. I wish someone had asked me about how I lost the weight ect. I bet they read my diary and weigh also. Yikes!

Well, I better go now I am boring you guys. I just felt like I needed to share lately. It keeps me from eating when I read and post.

Later,
Karen

Goal:
100 Pounds By Sept 22
Old 07-06-2001, 12:41 PM   #21

Karen, way to go on losing that 4 pounds! You are an example as to not get frustrated and keep on trucking! I am in the same boat as you were with TOM. I went back and weighed in again today and I had lost the .5 I gained yesterday. Still 3 more days on TOM so I won't get frustrated. I will weigh in Monday and we'll see what happens. I am so sorry noone mentioned your weight loss. Honestly, they were probably jealous. I mean you have lost what over 80 pounds?? They had to have noticed! I can't believe someone stole your card! Oh my gosh! They are definatly jealous! You are doing great and should just laugh at them. Although I know it is nice when people take notice of our hard work. Were these folks overweight? I used to get so jealous of friends I saw from college who were big then and now small. Keep sharing with us!! It keeps me going!

Happy Friday!!!
Marcie
Old 07-06-2001, 12:55 PM   #22

Like I said I won't hang out here and rain on your parade. I'm happy you are all doing great. I wasn't trying to be "negative", just pointing out the financial "loop hole" of buying extra weeks. If I had known about it during my weight loss weeks I may have been more demanding with them to get solutions or advice as to why I wasn't getting to goal as quickly as I should. I was just checking in to see if any of the old gang was still around. If LAWL is your thing...great. Just be aware of all the costs involved.
Old 07-06-2001, 07:50 PM   #23

Angry Back from Vacation

Hey girls! Looks like everyone is doing OK. I only gained 3/4 lb over my vacation. We walked a lot, so I was really lucky I didn't gain more. I didn't do too good but I'm back on track today! It's like I'm starting all over. I've been having so much trouble with sticking to it, that I'm grateful I didn't gain anymore than I did over the last few weeks!

Karen, Congrats on the 4 lbs! I can't believe someone took your card. If they wanted to know what you were doing you could have told them if you wanted to. That's really low!!!!!!
I'm a carb addict too! That's my biggest down fall. The program helps me a lot but it's just getting back on it! Now I feel more energized and not quite so bad as I have, so I'm ready.

Marcie, Hang in there my friend. You're doing great! Don't worry about the .5 lb, it'll come off this next week.

Sharon, Tell your mom HI from Tennessee! Hope you all are doing well on the program.

Have a great weekend! Glad to be back!
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 07-06-2001, 09:27 PM   #24

Talking Not on La- but love rading your posts!!

Hi all,
i am not on LA. I was on it about 2 years ago. Unfortunately I did not suceed at it whether it was too rigid or I wasn't following it to a tee, I knew I could have done better. Anyway, I just want to say that everytime I log onto 3 fat chicks I tend to go to your posts. I love how you all support each other. You even confess when you eat too much or you're not feling well. I love reading how you check in with each other. I think it is so helpful when you have support. I sometimes wish I was on the program so I can chat with you all!
So, I finally got the nerve to write! I understand your struggles and it is nice to know that there is a very supportive group out there!! Thanks for listening!!

Fran
Old 07-06-2001, 10:13 PM   #25

Default Hi Janie

Just a quick note.
I have been so lucky to be able to lose while I am on vacation.
Sure helps since Mom joined the other day.
She lost 4 3/4 with Jet start. I have lost 5 1/4 pounds since I have been here a week.
We weigh in tomorrow and I have been very busy cleaning carpets for my Mom, so maybe the exercise will help me too.
Mom was so excited to lose on the Jet Start. Hope I can keep her enthused when I go back home to Tennessee.
Fran,
Glad you joined in. I love this message board. Yes , everyone is so supportive.
Good luck to everyone.
Sharon44
Old 07-07-2001, 09:07 AM   #26

Default Welcome Fran!

Welcome to our post, Fran! As you can see, we don't always discuss the LAWL program, it's just something that we have in common. We have the same struggles and obstacles that everyone else does on any program! You are more than welcome to hang with us if you want.

Sharon,
Congrats on the >5 lbs you've lost. Congrats to your mom too!
It really helps when you have someone to do the program with!
I bought me an indoor grill similar to the George Foreman one but it's a Black and Decker. Does the same thing but about 10.00 cheaper than the same size GF grill. Last night I had my usual Friday night Pizza, but back on track today. Gonna drink lots of water today! I've gotten out of that habit so it's like I'm starting over! I can do it though! Gotta rearrange my thought processes.

After Barb's post I need to check my plan again! I'm wondering if there were some things I didn't pick up on!

Have a great weekend all!
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 07-07-2001, 10:56 AM   #27
choose it to loose it:)

hi gals,

I know it's been a while since I have posted on here but i really haven't felt like posting. My diet is going pretty good. I haven't lost anything in a while but I have gained 3 lbs I know it's only water. I haven't been totally o p. I have only gone in and weighed in once this week. My hubby lost his job on tuesday so we are both out looking for work. Got the cobra insurance yesterday and that sent my depresson spyrolling out of control. The funny thing is that I am not eating any different. Although I did have a shrimp ceaser salad yesterday at applebees and had steak for dinner lastnight. I know that I am not suppose to have it though but i don't normally have it all the time.

We are suppose to workout today and I don't even feel like doing that. I feel like going back to bed and sleeping the rest of the day

Well I had better figure out what I want to do

Karen M
Old 07-07-2001, 11:06 AM   #28

Default I know where you're coming from

Karen M.
Hang in there my friend! You have a lot facing you right now and it's understandable that it will send your depression spiraling. It's OK, just don't let it get out of hand. I've been thru the same thing lately and am just now beginning to come out of it. My advice to you is to keep in touch with your center. Don't beat up on yourself. That will only make things worse. Everybody handles stress differently. It's a good thing you're working out. That will help. You didn't do too bad at Appleby's. As I've gone thru my physical and emotional stuff, I kept going to the center 3x/wk. I'd sometimes call if I wasn't going to be there. They were really understanding and supportive. That's what I needed at the time.
I didn't need anyone telling what I was doing wrong. I gained almost 5lbs but I'm slowly but surely getting it off. Hang in there,
Karen.

Janie

Old 07-07-2001, 11:07 AM   #29

Good morning everyone!

Janie, welcome back and congrats on only 3/4 a pound while in vacation!!! That will come off quick!

Sharon, Congrats to you on you 5 pound weight loss. You are doing so awesome! I know it helps having your mom do the program with you. Congrats to her as well!

Fran, welcome to the board! Write us any time you like! This group is very supportive!

Karen M, I am glad to hear from you! I am sorry about your husbands job! Hang in there, things will get better. Don't get down on yourself about the steak. You can have that, and like you said, you don't do it very often. I hope you go and work out, that will make you feel better! You'll lose that 3 pounds...we know you can do it!

Well today we are just hanging around the house. Not much going on. Tomorrow we have a Birthday Party to go to. It will be truly a challenge, but I know I can get through it! Hope you all have a great day!!
Marcie
Old 07-07-2001, 05:08 PM   #30

Talking Yah! I found people to write to!!

hi all,
Well you all sounded so nice that I decided to join you all. Just a little info on me. I lost 43 pounds with WW but the first 10 was with LAWL. I am currently working for WW and trying to support others. I was heavy as a child and heavy for my wedding. it was not until I received the Honeymoon pictures back that I decided to seriously do something about it my weight. I am now in the process of learning to live as a thin person. it is a constant struggle but I rather deal with it instead of gain the weight back which is what I've done 3x!!

Anyway, I will be going away for 2 weeks tomorrow. I will talk to you then!!

Fran
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.