3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - Nov 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/67817-lawl-friends-losers-nov-2005-a.html)

SyracuseNY 11-01-2005 06:27 AM

LAWL: Friends and Losers - Nov 2005

Hi everyone. I have to go and read yesterday's posts. Here to another new month!

Fiona: I expected this to be created already. :lol:

SyracuseNY 11-01-2005 06:53 AM

How did everyone do on Halloween? I didn't think I'd get into the candy, but I did have a couple pieces. No trick-or-treater's for us again this year. :( I always thought that when we bought a house, I'd have tons of kids at the door on Halloween, and so looked forward to answering the door. Guess the kids like to hit it big and are driven to the developments close by. I brought 2 bags of candy into work so it's out of our house.

Julie: I've been in my sister's shoes as well as I have made it to goal on past diets. Thought I'd do better, and here I am again. This time around I finally got it into my head that this has to be a life style change in order to keep it under control (and when I make it to goal, I can't go back to bad habits). That's the plan, but I'm sure to hit a few bumps along the way. I haven't given up yet!

textjewel 11-01-2005 07:47 AM

Hi chicks!

Here we are in November already! I didn't have any kids come by, which is probably a good thing - I may have ended up giving them lites! Although I did have a few dark chocolate Hershey Nuggets :devil: Which I forgot about until I opened a cupboard.

Deets - does your file at the COD have your starting measurements? I forget-on-purpose what my starting measurements are. . .

Sy - yes, I've always said losing is MUCH easier than maintaining.. Even maintaining at 228 is not easy :o

Angel, honey, we've all done it - the trick is to not do it today..

Herownbeat - pleased to meet you :lol: - I started at 228 and have made it to the mid 180's - we can do it, just taking it day by day. .

I'll be away for most of the day - which means at least lunch out, and maybe dinner, so I'm hoping to make better choices than I did on Sunday :(

Hugs to all - let's fill the fat fairy bus this month!
Julie

deetsmom 11-01-2005 08:22 AM

Yes, my file has everything right in front of me and I should take time to write it all down at some point!! Id also kept a file on www.mybodycomp.com which has very comprehensive measurements, so I can always look back there as well.

deetsmom 11-01-2005 08:29 AM

And here, Halloween was TOUGH...I didnt think Id be tempted but I REALLY was, I have three small children so the amount of candy they got was obscene.

I told them (a la Joan Crawford, LOL!) that they could pick 10 pieces each (more if they didnt chose chocolate since that is my downfall!) and put them in ziplock bags for one treat per day for them each. The rest went straight into my husband's truck. I literally had a headache from all the thoughts swirling in my head as I came face to face with TWIX, KIT KATS, M&M's!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!! :stress:

I ate my carrot sticks, had a last bottle of water and went to bed early (like before 11, Im usually up past 12). This was a tough holiday...any other one coming up, you can put more emphasis on the celebration and such, this one was ALL ABOUT THE CANDY!!! It was awfully fun trick or treating though,I wouldnt trade it for the world...I guess it just toughened my resolve:)

shennie_97 11-01-2005 10:20 AM

Herown~ I understand completely about the gapes in shirts, mine is always at the breast area. When I was a teenager I prayed for larger breasts, well child birth gave them to me and know I want to give them back :lol: Plus it seemed like every shirt I found this summer was made for small breasts women and I looked like Dolly Parton in them. I am really hoping to loose some breast weight soon. I am not huge, but I would really like to be smaller so I can loose the gape in that area.

Carmen~ great NSV on that costume, I’m sure you were to die for!

Mary~ I am sure Eli was a hit with his Astros uniform.

Deets~ great job on the resisting last night. I put things int he car, but in the summer i am willing to go get them back...it helps more int he winter when I have to bundle up to go to the garage and i have time to think about what i am doing.

I too succumbed to the candy last night, but I think I did great compared to what I could have done 2 months ago. I stuck to the flavored tootsie rolls for the most part and threw in a few starbursts. Luckily since I don’t eat chocolate, I am able to easily turn my back on most of the other candy.

Down to 167.2 this morning and it fells really good to be closer to 20 lbs lost than 10 lbs.

Have a POP day everyone

shennie_97 11-01-2005 10:58 AM

Pre-Congratulations Mary!

Repo girl 11-01-2005 11:24 AM

Good Morning Everybody!

Halloween: 3 mini candy bars. So what? They won't kill me. Last year I ate my kids out of chocolate. This year, I rule!! It was so cold here that we just about froze to death trick or treating, but my kids were so cute and funny. Good job to all of you for staying strong.

Angela- Just get right POP today, and don't even worry about it. We are all human.

Have a great POP day everybody!! Katie

MetalChic 11-01-2005 11:41 AM

Happy November!

I did have a lot of trick or treaters. I actually run out of candy before 8 p.m. I don't eat candy anyway so there was no temptation. I love little kids in costume. It's been a very long time since I have had trick or treaters. I've lived in extremely rural areas where we never got trick or treaters and usually, I have had to take my own children out trick or treating.

I had a ball last night!

SyracuseNY 11-01-2005 12:01 PM

:cp: to all of us! We did good considering that Halloween is an ALL CANDY holiday. Slipped my mind that it's normally for the kids. :lol: Seems like Deetsmom and Karen (MetalChic) were the only :angel: so far. Good job ladies!

Karen: I'm so jealous that you got trick-or-treater's, next year I'm either moving or going to DM's to answer the door.

I'm debating on wheather to go to the COD today or wait until tomorrow. I'll decide on the way home. I have to get my water in today.

Did anyone ever purchase a 1/2 of pig? DH and I did and it's being delivered tomorrow. What the heck will we do with 80 lbs of pork? And, where will we put it all? DS has room in her freezer and I'm sure we'll need it. I haven't had 'fresh' pork in years. Have a friend who her and her DH just starting raising pigs last year. Thought we'd give it a try. With me being limited to 4 ozs, should last us a lifetime. :lol: We'll have to start inviting people off the street to join us for dinner. :lol: :dizzy:

shennie_97 11-01-2005 01:14 PM

Sy~ my grandmother useto religiously but half a cow each winter. i remeber hearing them talk about it when i was younger and always expecting to open the freezer and see a cow cut in half. But it was the best beef I ever ate.

Mary~ i really think that depends on the situation. I know one of my friends have a really hard time with carrying to term and had numerous miscarriages, so this time they waited until a little later to tell everyone…they had a healthy baby boy and I was so happy for them. However, at the same time that she told us (about 5 months) my other friend was only 6 weeks and told us and since they were newly married and never had any problems, I think she was just more excited. I have heard the old wives tales to that it is bad luck to say too soon, but I think that for some people it is just such wonderful news, they can’t contain it.

I didn’t know I was pregnant until I was 4 months with my son, so I couldn’t tell anyone (I was very irregular and he was also the product of birth control pills and condoms, so I never suspected)

Overall I think close family would be great to tell first and then on to others after about a month or so, just because you don’t want to be one of those people that everyone says “ is she still pregnant?”

Want2BeASkinnyMom 11-01-2005 01:34 PM

We had a great Halloween at our house. Had a few trick-or-treaters show up before we left at around 6:00. Turned off all the lights and took my kids around the neighborhood. I am so very proud of myself. I did not have one bite of candy. It was so hard for me to do this. Still is, it's lying around the house waiting to be eaten. We bought the hershey's packages with the kit-kats, whoppers, reese's peanut butter cups and also the snickers packages with the twix, snickers and m&m's in them. I just love m&m's too. So for me not to sneak a few is a huge step in the right direction. I still have the cravings to eat it all though before the hubby gets home from work. I'll just drink some more water when the urge hits me. Glad to see everyone else did great during Halloween. Hugs to you all. Well I'm off to go eat an LA Lite, have a great day everyone!!!!!

jlynn1 11-01-2005 02:08 PM

Totally new here. Just joined LA yesterday. I have 70 to reach goal. Any advice? How do you all get those tickers under your postings.....they are pretty motivational for me to see. Thank