Old 11-02-2005, 08:47 AM   #31  

Angel - how do you cook those egg whites?
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #32  

Julie: It is really great that my mom joined with me. Actually, she was my encouragement! She kinda made a deal with me to lose the weight. She is the eternal dieter and (as I have finally accepted it) I guess I will be too....we are so short so even a little weight gain is noticeable, ya know what I mean? Since I only cook for one...when I want to make a dish like the stuffed cheese shells CC, I can make it for two 2x and freeze our second portions...that way we are not wasting those ingredients!

I am on the green plan. Not really much room to flub or exchange. I really really depend on my Luna bars to keep me satisfied during the day. Started eating a half b/w breakfast and lunch and the other half in the afternoon. Thanks goodness for them! Anyone have any suggestions for veggies that will really really fill me up? I have been eating zucchini like it was my job...but I think that I have burned myself out!!!

mary: your poor tricker treater! the little kid was probably sick or something on Halloween night and their parents had to make it up to them!!!!
Rosterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #33  

hi Julie,

i usually buy tge egg whites at walmart or somewhere cheap. i have a hard time finding them so i buy 10 containers at a time. anyways, i spray the pan with pam, then just cook them like you would scramble eggs. another thing to do is, using egg whites,(for this i only use half of the egg white serving) add some veggies (mushrooms, peppers, whatever you want) and 1 oz of light or nofat cheese and make yourself a omlet! counts as half protien, 1 veggie and half dairy.

im not sure what plan your on, im on red 1, but i think that candas plans are diffrent than the US. i know our vitimans are diffrent.

hope this helps, take care
angel
truecanadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:44 AM   #34  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning Chicks!! I think when we get the new office finished and moved in I should have some extra time and can get back to being here on a regualr basis. Until then I will keep stopping by as often as i can. I so miss this board when im not here. I have penciled in time to go to the center tomorrow but I have some errands to run this morning and if i have the spare time i will do it today. I am going to tell them the truth about everything and be honest about the fact that i know i wont be able to make it in 3 times a week untill school is out. I am going to make a list of things i need to pick up for myself to get back OP and I have a bottle of juice for TO at home i think i will put it in to chill tonight and start tomorrow with TO.

There are so many new people!!!! Its wonderful to see this group grow and shrink at the same time lol.

Well its about that time... i probably wont be back on today since i have school the rest of the day but i will try and check in tomorrow. Have a POP day!!!

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #35  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Roster- I know you are sick of zuchinni, but this is my fave: slice zuchinni and yellow squash the long way into fat strips, grill on George Foreman, spray with the garlic and herb butter spray. It is so good!! I also love to slice onions, carrots, squash, etc. and place on the broiler pan, spray w garlic and herb butter spray, sprinkle with Italian Herbs, and broil until pretty soft. Also, chop a small tomato, a little bit of onion, some cilantro, and squeeze a lime over it. I love to eat this on a carne asada taco. It is a little tortilla, a lot of meat, and a lot of tomatoes. Also, add a little ff sour cream on top. Very good!! Another one that I love is to slice and boil carrots, drain, spray with regular butter spray, squirt on some SF Maple Syrup, lite salt, and pepper. My kids love that one. Hpoe you can find some good ideas here that help.

Will post later. Have a great POP day everyone.

Andi- I was wondering about you too. Where are you?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #36  

Good Morning Chicks...

So today is a good day, I hope anyways.

I am going to WI at lunch today. I have noticed that I tend to weigh less when I go at lunch as opposed to going after work after I have had most of my food and water for the day.

I am lucky though that I can go to lunch and do that whenever I want.

Halloween was a great night. It was the first Halloween that we were in our house so I was really excited to hand out candy. Of course I have tons left over, but the good thing is that I can bring it to work. The bad thing is it is now at my desk.

I am going to move it to someone elses today though.

Okay i just moved the candy. so now it is not by me anymore.

So i have been taking the XCEL and boy do they taste bad and they sure do smell bad too. Not even sure that they are really doing anything, but i guess i will have to wait and see after 2 weeks to see if it is really doing anything.

Our tasting of the new Lites start tomorrow. I am excited about trying them.

I have a problem if anyone can help me out. I have some lites, Double Chocolate, Choc. Chip Cookie Dough, I have at least a box of the CCCD and a handful of the DC, if anyone on here loves them(it is jut too much Choc. for me now) let me know and maybe we can trade my flavors for some of yours. I tried to convince the center to let me trade in the unopened box that i have of CCCD, but once it leaves the center no changing. I just can barely stand to eat them and dont' want to waste them. I have only been on the program for 10 weeks so they are not that old. Let me know.

anyways, I guess now that it is 10am I should get back to work.

Good luck for everyone who has a WI today.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:15 AM   #37  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Welcome to all the newbies. Its great to see all the new faces!

I haven't posted much I am still not feeling well. Aunt Flo is almost gone but I feel very drained and lethargic. I have no energy whatsoever and on top of that I cannot get my bms regular. I tried upping my EFAs last night again and all I got for my trouble was tummy pains and being able to go a little. So now here I sit at work hoping things don't kick in until I can get home 2pm. Uggggg.

Just want everyone to know I am lurking and sending POP vibes everyone's way. I did manage to stay POP yesterday.

Beanie
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:36 AM   #38  

dawn,
i would keep asking your center to trade them in. when i bought my stuf in bulk, i found out i hated the strawberry and choclate la lite drinks, and at first they wouldnt change them, then i got a little scartastic with them and threatend to buy of off ebay, and they soon changed thier mind!! I now have what i like. They get pid commison, so it worked for me. After all LA lites are notcheap. I pay 20.00 per box!! Im really glad i havnt told my husband the cost or he would of killed me.

have a great day

angel
Old 11-02-2005, 10:53 AM   #39  

yeah i have to say that my husband is not too happy about the cost of this since it is not cheap, but it is working, or it must be since i have lost 14 lbs and that has never happened before.

my whole center is changing up now, so who knows what will happen. it appears that these new girls are big follow the rules people.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:05 AM   #40  

Default Thank You!

Ya'll are so great! I really appreciate everyone's help. I know I can do this, but please be prepared for questions. I wrote down the recipes and can't wait to try them. Have a great day!
TSheler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #41  

I told my husband that it was expensive but since i buy in bulk it is cheaper. I also made him look at it diffrently. That when i was skinner,our bedroom time was more fun, and that if i lose the weight i would feel more comfortable agian and he would be happier. so now he is happier.
i think im on here more today than i have ever been, its keeping me out of the kitchen and out of the fridge and away from the food. I dont like the 2 week take off, i want to eat!!!!

aangel
Old 11-02-2005, 11:13 AM   #42  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Sell your lites on ebay, theres a great market for them.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:19 PM   #43  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everybody!

To our newbies, Sally, Roster, Jlynn -

I was out sick yesterday with "stomach issues," so today is mad busy at work. I am proud of my progress with staying OP over the weekend and so far this week. Yay me, yay me. On Halloween, I didn't give out chocolate, so I wasn't tempted, and when the DSs and DH came back with the Halloween booty, I resisted so as not to add any volume to my own booty . I did have a good time all dressed up in my costume handing out treats. We didn't get a whole whole lotta trick or treaters, so I only gave out half of the candy I bought. I'm hoping the rest will keep til next year...what do you all think? It was a big multi pack of charms suckers and
Sugar Daddys and Sugar Babies (gotta say I love the name of that candy - Sugar Daddy).

Shennie - I truly WAS to die for in my costume. You know me, I'm all about the puns so I almost laughed out of my seat when I read your post.

Julie - Way to go with the best choices. It looks like you did really well.

Angel - Hang in there sister!

Mary - Pre congrats and good luck as you "sorta try" to expand your family.

Britt - Good to see you.

Wrigley - Which center do you go to? I would think that you go to the same one as me, but I haven't seen any new s there lately?

Shoutout to Julie, Sy, Katie, Bre, Beanie, Karen MC, Kisha, and everyone.

Prayers to Star!

Last edited by Chklithunder; 11-02-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:31 PM   #44  

Hello ladies!

Let me start off by saying hello and welcome to all the newbies! This board is growing. Today is day 2 officially on the red plan. I missed vegetables and fruits like crazy yesterday. Today was my weigh in at the center, but I am wondering about my denise austin digital scale at home. I weighed in at 179.0 naked this morning, BUT at the center with LIGHT,light, workout clothes on , I weighed 177.8 . I asked them was their scale wrigged to make it look like we're losing, so it looks like the program is working, and that FAST. They ofcourse said no. I mean, hey I'll take the loss, but it feels weird for me, especially since my scale says something different. I really like my lil Denise digital scale, but she has got to go if she's going to lie to me! LOL.
I also wanted to say thanks for all the great tips about the parmegian, and other recipes posted. I just needed to get started with some ideas, now my creativity can take way. I will try the melba toast. I'm also going to be cooking with ground turkey instead of beef. Well, I weigh in for the last time this week, on this Friday. Last friday when I was signing up before I left home I was 181.8, at the ctr I was 181.6. I'm just wondering how come the scales were so close then, but are off now!? Well, why ask why, but I want my loss to be real. they said I've lost 3.8 lbs so far, so not bad, considering I'm not done for the whole week yet. I wonder if it's the bars, and the fast forward juice that did it. Because my eating SURE was not p.o.p.! Well, let me go, I'm enjoying a snack of baked apples, with cinnamon and sugar! I'm glad angel suggested it, oh and whoever else suggested it that I forgot about.

LAter ladies!
slimdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #45  

dear kisha,
the scale question!!!

myself and a friend are on la and my scale at home is funny to, i have asked the same question if theirs is right or not. see heres the thing, my scale at home when i weigh my self is 7lbs lighter then at the centers, but when my fiend weighs herself on my scale it is 3 lbs diffrent. the only thing i can suggest to you is to choose the cente one. and if you have the oppertunity right after you leave the cente, before going to the washroom, stop by a gym or doctors office and get weighed. but rember all scales are diffrent

im glad your enjoying the bked apples they are my fav.

angel