3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #29

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 01:33 PM   #61

Angry JANIE61

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your help!!!!
Old 06-25-2001, 01:38 PM   #62

Default Going crazy!

sharon,
Think I'm losing my mind! No weight but my mind! Had a horrible weekend where I was so depressed. stayed in bed most of Saturday. Yesterday I was determined to not waste another day like that! I got up and did somethings around the house, but I ate all day!!!! Everything I could get my hands on today. Was going to try Jet Start today, but I'm just not up for it. So back on the purple plan! I'm going to the center today. I don't even want to look at the scales!

Glad you did so well! You give me inspiration!

Thanks,
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 06-25-2001, 02:19 PM   #63

hi again
well i did good down 1 1/4 lbs. they gave me drinks instead of shakes or the bars. could it be the sugar in them that is making me want to eat more sweets. they said to try the drinks for a full week to see what happens.
has any one every try their soups yet? they gave me a sample of that too.
dee
Old 06-25-2001, 03:30 PM   #64
Need Support

Default Re do kitchen

Hi Janie,
Are there alot of things in the house that you cannot have or call your name?
I have to stop getting potato chips. I just put them in my husbands lunch and the smell is so good.
I am going to get pretzels instead, he likes those just as well.
I am working on a nutrician plan for my daughter. She wont' stay out of the kitchen, so sugar free jello and fat free cool whip is what she can have.
I just bought a watermelon and I am so glad she likes that. I have to work on fruit with her to get her to like more.
I am going to elminate things out of this house that is dangerous to me.
If anyone wants treats they can get them at the store and it can be individually wrapped so we won't take any home.
Janie, Now the weekend is passed and it is a new day. Just think about the new clothes you will be able to wear.
I went up in the attic shopping Saturday and found some clothes that didn't fit me any more, now they fit. I like that kind of shopping. At least it is cheaper while I am still losing.
Can't wait until I am at goal.
Christmas is going to be fun this year.
Just look at it that way. Going out for the holidays a new you. That is a gift in itself.
I wrote down my weight wrong.
275 start
242 1/4 now
145 goal(could be less)

Dee,
I have not tried the soups. Guess I did not want to pay $2 for them. I think that is how much it is.
I noticed one recipe took two soups and $4 is alot to spend on I think it was a meatloaf.
Good luck if you are doing ok with the shakes.
Sharon
Old 06-26-2001, 12:48 PM   #65

Hey everyone!
Janie hang in there. I think we go through spells and we get stuck in a rut. Anytime that foods are off limits to us we still crave them and want them. You have done so great so far. Keep up the good work. I am glad you are going to the center, it keeps me motivated.

This is how my counselor figured the price difference for me on WW and LA. WW here is 13.00 per week 13 times 52 weeks is 676.00. I paid 362.00 for the same amount of weeks. There are extras at WW just as there are extras at LA. You have the option of not buying the bars just as you have the option of buying point books, bars, etc. at WW. That is how she figured it out. It made sense to me.

Congrats Dee! 1 and 1/4 pounds is great! I use the jello and it works for my sweet tooth.

Sharon, your daughter sounds just like me when I was little. My mom kept putting me on diets b/c I was heavy and I didn't like much fruit. My brother was tiny and she would keep goodies in the house for him. I felt so left out. Unfortunatly my parents chose the route of calling me names and it just killed my self esteem. I think it is great that you are also dieting with her. That makes he not as singled out. My parents are thin and I was the only large one. My father still to this day is digusted with my body. He couldn't understand why I couldn't lose before my wedding. Oh well.. I do this for me now. ANYWAY...sugar free jello and cool whip is perfect and she won't feel left out.

Going to weigh in today, I know I have gained and I am dreading it. I'll let you all know the damage.

Marcie
Old 06-26-2001, 02:58 PM   #66
Need Support

Default Hang in there

Marcie,
Just hang in there. YOu can do it. For some it may just take a little longer, but in the long run it will be worth it.
I know what you mean about critics. My mother in law always talks about FAT people. If she passes someone who is overweight she has to get her two cents in. I am so self consious about seeing old friends when I go up to Michigan. My friend I use to visit has moved to Florida and I have know her since kindergarten.
My class reunion is in 2002 and I can't wait. Not to show off, but being able to visit with old friends and not feel terrible about myself.
Everyone needs to set goals.
This is the first time in a long time that I am so enclused about this weight loss plan. I feel I can do it.
Even if I fail a day I don't want to let it ruin all of the hard work I have already worked on.

Sharon
Old 06-26-2001, 03:22 PM   #67
choose it to loose it:)

Marcie, I am sorry to hear that your family isn't very supportave. I have to admit that sometimes my mom might not be supportive on my food choices for example we have to have fresh chicken breasts and she buys the frozen ones and she gets upset b/c I can't have them or with beef, if i have had my beef for the week or something.

I think that people that have never needed to be on a diet don't know what it's like to be over weight and trying to eat right and to get healthy. I have to admit that I have NEVER been this heavy in my whole life and when I get to my target weight I will try my damndest to keep it off. The thing that I hate is when people say "well I hope that you can keep it off." That just puts salt in the wound.

Keep your chin up and a smile on your face B/C YOU CAN DO IT!!

Karen M
Old 06-27-2001, 08:25 AM   #68

Wow, we ahve been busy here!

Janie, just forget about how bad you did and jump right back in. Everyone, slips up we are human! It is so hard to stay OP. I myself have been doing awful and I am back on track. I am forgetting about all the mess ups I had and you should too! We are here for you!

Karen M, You are so right. People, just don't get it. it is ahrd to resist food. I get the line, just one pice of cake won't hurt. Yeah right!

Sharon, My hubby has a reunion soon. I was dreading going but now I am not. I am glad you are going to yours!

MArcie, My plan is cheaper as well. I used to buy so much on WW. points calculators, books, ect. I got a discount so LA was much cheaper for me as well. Don't worry if you gain just keep trying! You should take your own advise that you gave to Janie! It was smart!

DeDe, welcome!

Well, I just wnated to come buy and say Hi to everyone! I hope I didn't miss anyone! I am weighing in this morning. I was perfectly on plan so i hope I see a loss. I lost 4.5 pounds Mon so I am not expecting much today. That was a big surprise to me. I gained 1.5 on the previous weigh in so maybe it was a water weight loss or something. Wish me luck! I will come back and let all of you know how I did.

Karen

Goal:
100 Pounds By Sept 22
Old 06-27-2001, 11:40 AM   #69

I weighed in today and I lost again 1.75 pounds! I am so excited. That is just what I needed to saty on program perfectly. Before, when I wasn't losing I was perfect so i started slipping out of frustration. I don't know why I started losing so much slower but I am back to losing fast. I know it will slow down some but at least it won't take me forever to lose 2 pounds now. I actually might make my goal by July 4th.

Good Luck everyone! All of you really helped me.
Karen

Goal:
100 Pounds By Sept 22
Old 06-27-2001, 03:12 PM   #70

Default LAWL vs WW

Marcy:

Oh..Ok, I get it. WW here is $9.95 a week, or $14.95 if you don't go EVERY week.... (the liberty plan for those who can only go every 2 or 3 weeks). Another question out of curiosity.... since when are the bars an option? I was told you HAD to buy the bars or you were in violation of your contract. If you are in violation of your contract you HAVE to be at your goal by your goal date or start paying for additional weight loss weeks. Not that it mattered in my case anyway since I violated my contract by accidentally having salmon twice in one week my very second week. I was up a creek right off the bat. In my case, I paid $8 a week for 52 weeks ($400), bought 6 months worth of bars ($500) and then when my goal date went by at 24 weeks and I was only half way there they wanted me to join for another 24 weeks at $8 a week. Since they obviously weren't giving me any good advice I wasn't about to throw more money at it. Especially since the 3 times a week....40 minutes away, up to an hour wait in the center, was killing me, not to mention gas prices! But yes, WW is just the $10 a week...no extras at all. I'm happy you are all doing well. I grew to resent LAWL's stupid rules and regulations and became very bitter after awhile. As my DH says..."if Mamma ain't happy...nobody is happy." Doing great at WW though and I can eat whatever I want. NO stupid rules, NO stupid bars and lots of fun.

Luck to all!
Old 06-27-2001, 03:33 PM   #71

barbs, I agree with you on the lawl thing. I think that there rules are stupid most of them and am getting a little fed up with some of the stuff they say. I find that they don't talk to each other and one will say one thing and the other well say something totally different. But I do think that it's helping and I am seeing a BIG difference in my clothes and have gotten tons of compliments on my w/l I just only take it with a grain of salt and the rest I just disreguard. I have started to add lean pockets to my plan just to see if that will have any impact on my w/l. Today I was up a lb by my scale and I don't know if that was b/c of the water that I drank lastnight or what. So we will see tomorrow when I get weighed.

Karen M
Old 06-27-2001, 06:04 PM   #72

hi everyone
well i weighted in today and i think i lost 2 lbs i think it makes a total of 5.5 so far since i started 6/11 i think.
talk to you all later
dee

Last edited by deedee36 : 06-27-2001 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2001, 12:47 AM   #73

Hey everyone!

Dee, you are doing so well! Congrats!
Karen W, great job to you also! What an inspiration you are! You will make that goal!

Karen M, Karen W and Sharon, thanks to all of you for the support that really meant a lot! I am a little down right now!

Barbs, Honestly I didn't know that if you didn't lose your goal weight, you had to pay after the 52 weeks are up. I guess I never really thought about it. I also didn't know the bars were a must. My counselor let me get away with it a couple of times. WOW! I guess it would be in violation of the contract. I know how you feel about the prices! Today I went and weighed in and I was up a pound and then my counselor put me on that drink that you have for 2 days. That was 26.00. Then she was like and you need more Lites and I told her I didn't b/c I didn't have them last week while I was out of town. Plus she didn't follow the plan that was on the paper she gave me. It said to have 2 LA Lites and she marked through it and put 3 and then it said 6 oz of protein at lunch and dinner and she marked it out and put 3 oz. for each. It just bothers me! She then said on well also the sales tax is going up to 9% so you need to buy them in bulk to save you money. I told her that things were tight this month b/c I have a new job and I won't have any income coming in and she said well I guess you ole hubby is gonna have to step up. Okay first of all my husband and I have a joint account. What's his is mine and vice versa. If no $ is coming in from me, then we will be doing good to pay our bills. UUGGHH! She just frustrates me all of the time. Its like she doesn't care about me. just her sales. Sorry to vent I am just so frustrated with it all. I want to lose but I can't stand her.

Gotta go back and weigh in Sat. Does anyone know much about the drink?

Talk to y'all later!
Marcie
Old 06-28-2001, 10:58 AM   #74

marci, don't worry about them. They ONLY want to make there numbers. That's the only reason why they use the high pressure sales is to make you feel guilty enough to buy there stuff.

I can't believe that they lowered your protein intake. If you are still hungry after that I would just up your protein the way they had it. I have done that with my diet and kept the carbo's the same and it has seemed to work. I am down to 160 today. I am down a lb since Tues. So keep your chin up and you WILL meet your goals. you HAVE to believe that in yourself or it's not going to work. I know that from experience

Well I have to get ready to go weigh in and clean the house up a bit b4 the garage people come to look at our garage door.

Karen M
Old 06-28-2001, 01:57 PM   #75
Need Support

Default Lost

Hi Everyone,
Lost 3/4 pound for a total of 33 1/2 pounds.
Leaving for Michigan in the morning.
Wish me luck while I am there. I will have sign in on my Moms message board to keep in touch.
Sharon
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.