Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2001, 11:16 AM   #46  
Need Support

Default Plans

Hi Ya'll,
I am on the red plan, and what is the next plan after that?
Does anyone know all of the plans/Colors?
I was told when I get down to 224 that I would go to the next plan.
I have struggled this past week with losing and gaining.
I decided to exercise and see what happens on Monday. I have to get out of this hole.
Sounds like everyone else is in the same hole.
Has anyone tried CellUWay?
Suppose to smooth you skin of cellulite.
I had someone join and the celluway was on sale for 19.95 so I got it for the price of tax.
Will let you know if it works.
Going on vacation to my Moms friday. I should take a snack, cheese curls or popcorn for the plain.
I love peanuts and they have been giving out two lately. Have flown 3 times since christmas. ONce they had pretzels. Better be safe that sorry.
I am excited about trying the laweightloss in Michigan. Wonder how they are. Mine are great.
Everyone have a good op weekend.
Sharon
did anyone have to resign on this site.
I couldn't remember my password and had to send for it. When I went to reply they told me I had to register my password and name.
Hadn't had to do that before
Old 06-23-2001, 12:18 PM   #47  
choose it to loose it:)

dee, I am on the gold plan. I usually have a startch for breakfast along with my protine and sometimes my dairy and my 3 fruits. Fr snack I have my power bar (la lite) For lunch I will have a healthy choice pizza and a salad. Then around 3 I have another la lite and then I have a salad for dinner. Plus my 64 oz of water. It just depends on how hungry I am. right now I think I could have another protein lol

well I went to work out this morning. had a fairly good one. yesterday I only did weights because I had missed a day and i didn't feel like I had got that good of a workout.

Tonight I am going to a pig roast. I hope that it's good. My cousin is having it and I thought that it was just going to be for the family b/c my ohter cousin is in town and come to find out she is goiing to have a bunch of people that she works with there also. She is a police officer.

Well have a great day
Karen M
Old 06-23-2001, 01:24 PM   #48  

thank you all for the suggestions
i want this to work for me
me too i weight in on mon wed and fri.
i'm having beef tonight so wed i can have it again.
thank you again
dee
Old 06-23-2001, 06:25 PM   #49  

Angry Glad to be back!!!

Hey everyone!
Well I am finally back from Indy and what a trip it was. I was in class from 7:30-5:30 2 days a week and until 7:00 the other 2. Sunday night I was at the hotel by myself and there was no restaurant so I had to order pizza for dinner. Then they fed us the most fattening stuff the enire week. I tried to eat salads but it just didn't happen every day. I bet I have gained 5 pounds. I feel so bad and I am so scared to go in a weigh. I just got to hop back on the plan. I did have fruit for breakfast instead of the donuts and breakfast casseroles every morning and I got in my water, but I still blew it. The class was very stressful and this didn't help much. I was so tired the whole time. Anyway it is great to be back. Welcome Dee! Boy I missed chatting with you guys. I wanted to get to a computer and let you know how rough it was. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Marcie
Old 06-23-2001, 07:29 PM   #50  

Default Help Please

I am considering joing LA weightloss I ride by it every day and it is probably the only diet that I have not tried. I know that it can be a little expensive but the people that I know have had good results. Can anyone give some advise to me as to if they feel that it is a good plan. I know that I have to work at it that the weight just won't fall off. I think that this plan would be good because you have to go in so often. Also I know when you go into places like this they try to sell you everything under the sun any help with what is good or what is not would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Pam
Old 06-23-2001, 08:06 PM   #51  
Need Support

Default Welcome

Hi Pam,
I like laweightloss because you have to be accountable 3 times a week. I look forward to going. I am fortunate that I have caring counselers that I enjoy seeing every other day.
The only thing that you have to buy as far as food are the l a lite bars. You need two a day and they are $28 a week. At least that is the price here in Tennessee for two boxes. If you buy bulk which I did it was $18.20 for two boxes, but I bought 60 boxes and you get the bars weekly so they are always fresh. My favorite are the crunch, mint, chocolate, peanut butter, nougat, in that order.
The cookies are good, but they are $8 abox and you only get 4 in a box. They count as a fruit and a starch. Good for a quick breakfast if you are in a hurry. They come in blueberry and cinnamon-raisin. These are not required to buy. If you buy 5 boxes they are $6 a box.
They have popcorn and cheez curls(best) they are a $1 a bag unless you buy 10 then they are 80 cents a bag.
There also are drink mixes, soups, cereal bars, but these are not required. I think $2 is to much for a soup and a drink mix.
My center will let you mix and match.
Good luck in what ever you decide.
Welcome back Marcie,
sorry you had such a hard time with the food choices at you conference. Did they put your membership on hold while you were gone. Mine does so you don't lose a week.
Sharon
Old 06-24-2001, 08:14 AM   #52  

Well, I gained 1.5 on Fri. I wasn't expecting that! I also ahve been jogging and I think it was some muscle. I will probably lose that tomorrow plus some.

Welcome, Dee and Pam!

Pam, I know Weightloss centers can be expensive. I just decided I needed LA Weightloss and I don't care how much it costs! I don't buy any extras from them so I am not spending anymore right now. I actually get a military discount so my stuff is 10% off. It helps a little. it really brought down my program costs. I had a counselor who is no longer ther who gave me an awsome deal. I really think it is wort it. You can also fill out a survey on their website and get a coupon. http://www.laweightloss.com/

I go an weigh in 3 times a week even if I think I will gain. I am not going to give up and if I do not follow the program and I gain I know that I need to get back on track! I was losing fast at first but now I am slowing down partly because I am not perfectly on program. If you decide to join LA Wl I think you will love it! Good Luck!

Sharon, thanks for the info. on the snacks and prices! I am going on a trip in July for 2 weeks. My hubby will be checking out a job he will be starting in April 2002. I think it will be a little hard for me to resist snacks so I may stock up on the LA snacks. I liked the cookie I tried. I will be staying with my sister in law. There aren't ant centers there. I hope they open one before i move so i can do my maintance. I think it would just make it much easier on me to have on program snacks when i am at her house.

Marcie, I am sorry your trip was so stressful! if you gain stress could be to blame! I hope you are doing Ok and getting some rest.

Well, I better go now!
Karen
Old 06-24-2001, 10:01 AM   #53  

Angry Staying on program

Pam and Dee Dee,
I have to agree with Karen. The program can be expensive but for me it has been worth it. The counselors at my center are very supportive and are actually on the program also. When I buy anything such as my LA lites, etc. I enter it into my computer check balancing program as "Janie's health". It puts a whole new spin on what I'm doing! I'm having a difficult time right now because my body is in turmoil with my hormones. It's "ALL MONTH PMS". But the doc is working on it with me! I've always been an emotional eater! LA weightloss is helping me with that. I still backslide occasionally (for instance, NOW) but as long as you stick with the counselors, they'll get you thru it. Like Karen,it's worth it to me! I've tried them all! This is the first one that has given me that 1:1 counseling and don't chastise me when I falter.
I'm very happy with it. I hope you decide on LA Weight Loss. It's a life changer!

Sharon,
THanks for the snack info! We're going to Gatlinburg the week of the 4th. for about 3 days. I'm getting back on program and staying on it. The snacks will help me stay within my limits. Taking some apples and grapes. Diet drinks in my cooler. My LA lites!
Gotta get with it! How is your daughter that had the surgery?

Margaret.
Ready for JET START? I can't find any decent oranges, so I'm going for the cantelope. Actually, the cantelope isn't so hard on my system. ONLY 3 days! I just keep repeating that. i'm like you. It's going to be hard without the bars, but it's ONLY 3 days.

Marcie,
Glad your back from you trip. I know how you feel. I'm sorry you had such a bad time, but I think you did good for what was in front of you. I would have given in to those breakfast casseroles!
I think you should give yourself a pat on the back! Your back home now so get back on it!

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm going to have a better one!
Janie
Old 06-24-2001, 10:14 AM   #54  

Thanks everyone for the support! I needed to hear that. I am ready to get back on track and lose this weight. The funny thing is if I had been on one of the other programs I have tried, at this point I would have given up. Bu with LA I am just ready to get back on track!

Welcome Pam!
I was very skeptical of LA WL at first and was overwhelmed by the price until my counselor broke it down for me and showed me that I would have paid more going to weight watchers. I have never tried anything that works this good. I am telling you, they give you the tools to be successful. I have only lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks but that is more than I was losing doing anything else. I don't like the extra costs that much but it works so I am willing to do it. I get the jello which has 4 servings per package. It lasts me longer than anything else. For 2 boxes it was 32.00. At first I couldn't believe I had spent that on jello, but then I went in to weigh and I had lost 4 pounds! How exciting! Knowing that I have to go and weigh in 3 times a week, mostly keeps me accountable. Do we mess up? Sure we do. We fall off sometimes, but we get right back on. Good luck to you and this group is all here for you!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I am gonna clean..maybe I will burn a bunch of calories!

Marcie
Old 06-24-2001, 02:19 PM   #55  
Need Support

Default LA weightloss centers

Karen,
Keep checking the site for new weight loss centers.
I have been checking for one by my mom since Christmas and I even wrote them. They told me she could follow the at home plan.
A month ago I keyed in her zip code and there is was. One at the mall close to my Mom.
That is where I am going in Michigan next Friday while I am gone and two weeks after that.
Hope they get one where you are moving.
Sharon
Old 06-25-2001, 07:28 AM   #56  

hi everyone
well today i weight in i hope i lost some.
i tried my best to follow the plan i'm going at 9 am to the center you know my scale say's 202 but with shoes it might be 204. so i hope that i didn't gain accrding to thier scale.
i'll tell you how i did.
talk to you later and thanks
dee
Old 06-25-2001, 10:29 AM   #57  

Question

Marcie...
Just out of curiousity, how on earth did your salesperson show you that Weight Watchers would cost more than LA Weightloss? LAWL is FAR FAR more expensive!!! I've done both. LAWL cost me almost $900 in 6 months while I've been on WW for 5 months now and spent a whopping $180! Just cuious what on earth she was figuring.
Old 06-25-2001, 11:28 AM   #58  

Question

Could someone please tell me what exactly is the Jet Start program? Is it where you eat unlimited amounts of protein, and green vegetables for 3 days, along with two eggs each day and two oranges? I know that as being Quick Loss or something like that. I was successful in losing 4 lbs. following the plan I just mentioned a few years ago. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2001, 11:32 AM   #59  

Default Jet STart

tomswife,
It's no different, just a different name!
Janie
Old 06-25-2001, 12:26 PM   #60  
Need Support

Default Lost

Finally got off of the up and down I hope.
Weighed in and lost 3 pounds today.
I did exercise to Richard Simmoms Friday and Saturday and kept moving the weekend.
I was getting depressed, but now I think I need to start moving more.
How was everyone else's weekend?
Sharon
275 Started
239 3/4 Now
145 Goal
Closed Thread