Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 07:20 PM   #31  
Need Support

Default Lost

Lost 1 3/4 pounds and back on track.
Had gain 2 3/4 over the weekend.
Total loss of 31 pounds.
How is everyone doing.
Had to push mow the lawn yesterday because the rider broke.
That helped me get my exercise for the day. Of course it was hot (92) and muggy out yesterday.
Drank tons of water.
Have a good day everyone
Sharon
Old 06-20-2001, 07:21 PM   #32  
Need Support

Default Forgot

I was measured today. How could I forget that.
Lost 5 more inches for a total of 17 inches in 12 weeks.
Sharon
Old 06-20-2001, 08:15 PM   #33  

Default Gained!

Me too Sharon! I'm up 2 1/2 pounds! I've been a trainwreck lately though and been doing some emotional and stress eating! I've got to get back on track. I may need to start exercising! I haven't been and still lost 20lbs in 8 weeks but I know it's too good to last!

I went to the doctor today and he put me on a new BCP. If that doesn't make the cramps and bleeding better then we'll have to go a little further! I'm hoping that this will take care of it! I'm not up to another surgery or anything to do with it! We've been in TN 2 yrs and had 2 surgeries. But I feel much better trying to get something done about it! He says he doesn't think I'm perimenopausal, but how does he know? No labs or anything done! Oh well!

Back to the ol' program! Congratulations on being back on program and your loss!!!!!

Talks to you all later!
Janie
Old 06-20-2001, 08:23 PM   #34  

I'm a newbie to LA and am not sure what it signifies?

Patch
Old 06-20-2001, 08:26 PM   #35  

Default 12 Week Challenge

I've been struggling myself lately. I don't know if this would help anyone, but I've started a Thread on WW Maintainence called the 12 Week journal Diary Challenge. To go along with that wonderful spiral bound notebook covering 12 weeks of journaling.

Starting this week. Anyone interested to join it? It really keeps me focused. And yes I write down everyting - even when I have 50 point days. So far - and it wasn't perfect, I kept at it for two weeks journaling and lost 3 lbs.

Hope this helps.

Patch
Old 06-20-2001, 09:12 PM   #36  

Angry Welcome!

Patch,
Welcome to our little group! LA Weight Loss is the weight loss center by that name. We all are going there for our weight loss efforts. I'm not sure what LA stands for but it works so it really doesn't matter! This is a great group with lots of support! Congrats on your weight loss! Journaling is an important part of LA Weight loss. I have to admit I've been falling down on the job lately, probably the reason I've been struggling lately!

Hang in there!
Janie
Old 06-20-2001, 10:27 PM   #37  
Need Support

Default Welcome

Welcome Patch.
So glad you could join us.
We have fun here and lots of support to each other.
Whats it like in LA.
Been hot here in Tennessee and muggy.
Sharon
Old 06-21-2001, 01:32 PM   #38  

Well---I have been doing pretty bad lately--in fact, I have been doing HORRRRIBLE for the last 3 1/2 months. I have been playing around with the same few pounds and for some unknown reason, I have not been able to get totally on track since vacation in March. I did achieve my short term goal at that time to lose an additional 10 pounds before the trip---it is just hard to get back on. I try for a day or two--but--then--I go and eat something bad. I am still going to weigh in about twice a week and I do eat the bars---BUT-----
I really needed a manicure yesterday and I found one right next door to LA Weightloss (the center just moved a few weeks ago) After work, I headed over to the nail salon and had no intention of weighing in. (I had just eaten a bad lunch and was wearing jeans.--I always weigh in-in the morning before I eat anything.
Well, I went for my manicure and I felt really good because she did a GREAT job and she gave me the best massage I have gotten in a LONG time, and I started to feel terrific!! As my nails were drying, I said---to **** with it-I am only fooling myself---who cares if I gained---I know how I did--it makes no difference in the counselors life---so, after my nails were dry--I went in---I stayed the same---which means--I really have lost. (I had been PMSing a few days before and had gained--so now, since I had eaten and had heavy jeans on---I really lost!!!!!!!!!!) SHe spoke confidently to me and said maybe I should do the jet start again----the paln they had when I joined last year (the do take off now) Well, I am going to start either Sunday or MOnday---I think this will be the key to really get me going. I will let you all know how it went. Wish me luck!!!!

Bela----WHERE ARE YOU????????????????????????????????

I am going to go weigh in tomorrow---will let you know how that goes.
Good Luck everyone
Margaret
Old 06-22-2001, 06:27 PM   #39  
choose it to loose it:)

Default hi there

test
Old 06-22-2001, 06:36 PM   #40  
choose it to loose it:)

Talking I AM BAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

WOW!!!! I am so glad to be back on this forum. I have been having a **** of a time getting on this thing.

Well nothing new going on with me except that I am ready to give up la weightloss and go on maintainance. I have been gaining and losing the same few lbs for the last few weeks. Ever since my last period. But the good news is that I have lost inches and I feel better then I ever have in my whole life. So I don' t know what to do. I don't want to buy more weeks but then I don't want to have to be gaining the same lbs.

Karen M
Old 06-22-2001, 06:58 PM   #41  

Thumbs down Jet start

I'm going to hide here! I haven't been doing so great either!!!!
I just want to crawl under a rock! I haven't been doing anything I'm supposed to be. I've gained @ 3 pounds and now it's PMS so who knows what's going to happen.

Margaret,
Let me know when you do Jet Start! I'd like to do it with you. Out of all the "tricks" the do to help you get on track, Jet Start works better for me than any of them! I really should start Monday to be fair because it's the weekend and I will not stick with it on Sunday. How about Monday? I refuse to let all of this be in vain! I signed on to lose this weight and I want to do it! I'm tired of messing around with it!

I haven't gone to the center but once this week! I've felt so bloated and yucky! I'm going to call though and talk to my favorite counselor though and let her know what I'm doing!
Keep in touch over the weekend!
Janie
Old 06-22-2001, 07:10 PM   #42  

hi everyone
i'm new to LA weightloss. i've been having a hard time with the meal plan they have me on the purple one. it seems that i eat the wrong combination with starches and beef
can some one post there meal plan for a day to give me an idea thank you
dee
Old 06-22-2001, 08:08 PM   #43  

Default Welcome deedee

I had problems with the purple plan too, but here's the plan that I go by:

Breakfast:
Fruit (sometimes I'll eat 2 if I'm hungry and skip the one at dinner)
LA Lite Bar

Lunch:
1 Protein
1 Starch
2 Veg
1 Fruit

Snack:
LA lite

Dinner:
1 Protein
1 Starch
2 Veg
1 Fruit (if hadn't eaten it earlier)

I usually weigh Mon,Wed and Fri. I eat my beef on Wed and Sat.
Don't eat beef the day before you weigh. This is what has worked well for me in the past. Gotta get back to it!

Good luck! You're in the right spot for encouragement and support!
Janie
Old 06-22-2001, 09:58 PM   #44  
Need Support

Default Gained

Hi all,
I keep gaining and losing the same pound. I have been op all week and the only thing I did different is I had a pizza Heathly choice frozen meal. They told me not to eat the frozen meals. Hopefully this is what is causing the problem.
I started exercising today. Hopefully this will give me a boost.
I just put in Richard Simmons and went for it.
My daughter said to turn him off and she grabbed another tape and went into her room to exercise.
Anyway, good luck to all this weekend. Why are weekends different from any other day?
Sharon
Old 06-22-2001, 11:14 PM   #45  

Hi GUys
I am just sitting here reading everyone posts and it seems that most of us are on the same boat---playing with a few pounds--but, we have to remember--we are still going to weigh in-so we have to give ourselves courage for that. I know this is the longest amount of time I have gone to a weight loss center--I think with Weight Watchers about 6-7 months non stop. ANyway, even if we only go once--that is all you go to Weight Watchers normally.

Janie---I was going to start on SUnday--but, that will probsbly start on Monday---I am not so sure. I'll let you know. I think this is exactly what I need to get me going. Once I start seeing weight loss and noticing the clothes getting bigger--I really get motivated. I have to start drinking more water--I think today I only had about 50 ounces--which reminds me---to go get more water.

I remember months ago being able to do express 2 days a week--every week. I don;t know why I stopped. I do know doing Jet Start, I am not able to have the bars--I know I am going to miss my nightly bar---well--it is only 3 days.

Have a great weekend everyone

Take Care
Margaret
Closed Thread