LA Weightloss #29

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Hey everyone!!
    Sorry it has been a couple of days since I last checked in...I have started my new job and I had to go to Birmingham (1.5 hours away) yesterday morning. I ran out of the house and grabbed my jello. Well I didn't expect to be there all day so I wasn't prepared. My training was just me and the trainer and we were in her hotel room and I was studying till 1:00 then we went to lunch. I had a salad and baked potato and water. Then we went back and went over more info and before I knew it , it was 5:30. I was so thirsty and felt so bad b/c I hadn't had my water and fruit and veggies. I stopped at a gas station and dumb me...craved a coke. So I drank a real coke and grabbed some chex mix while I was at it. Got home at about 7:45 and ate chicken, green beans, and mac n cheese. Talk about blowing it. Then today..same situation...had an apple for lunch and then headed home at 1:30 and I was starving..went to McDonalds and had a value meal of a chicken sandwhich, fries and a dr. pepper. I then went and weighed in and up a pound. Am I surprised? No..disapointed in myself? Yes. Anyway I am sitting here drinking my water. Reading your posts and feeling better b/c everyone is doing so well!
    Sharon, Janie, & Sara- great job you guys!! You deserve a pat on the back!
    Lorrie-hang in there! We can do this together!! That 3 pounds could just be water weight!

Here's a question for everyone...does anyone have a certain piece of clothing they are looking forward to getting into or already have???? Gosh I have so many things I want to wear again! I just look forward to walking in a store and finding something I like and trying it on and it fits!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!
    Marcie
  • Hi
    Marcie,
    Tomorrow is another day and we cannot fix yesterday. Just look forward to what is coming.
    I am so excited. I still have 98 pounds to lose, but it was 130.
    Maybe we should keep an emergency menu on hand, like (written down) McDonalds McGrill with extra lettuce and lite mayo. If I don't have but 1 starch left I toss half the bun away. And as always the garden salad with lt vinegarette.
    Or the Chicken Salad is good too. Keep some of the lalight snacks on hand, even an lalight cookie is a fruit and a starch.I know that the devil: is just hanging over our heads with a smile on his face when we cheat. Draw a picture of the devil and cut out what you like from pictures from a magazine (cake, pizza,etc). I am just trying to think of some mind games to help us. We can fight this demon of food that wants to posess us.
    We want to be healthy and have fun.
    As far as old clothes that were small. I have a small pair of levis that are 10's or 8's.
    I am going to have to take in some of my shorts.
    My bras are not in the last hook anymore, it is in the first hook. At $20 a shot for a bra, I will have to look for a sale.
    No complains though.
    Good luck to all this weekend.
    Sharon
  • Clothes to wear
    WOW! I've never thought about a certain piece of clothing that I'd like to get into. Sometimes I get into my closet and find something I haven't worn for a couple of years and am shocked that it fits when I put it on. I'm just looking forward to getting something new for my husband's Christmas party. Something really nice; even though it's boring, I'm always so jealous of some of the on-air personalities at the TV station that always look so drop- dead gorgeous, I just want to feel just as great in my clothes as they seem too. I've got a little green velvet dress that I'd love to get into. It's a 12 or 14. I guess that's my goal.

I had pizza tonight and did OK. I was like you , Marcie, I was so hungry and tired. I didn't take time this afternoon to eat my LA lite, so I didn't do so great at supper, but as Sharon says, tomorrow is another day! I agree that we need to have a LA menu on hand, but I think the trick is to not go in so McDonald's or Pizza Hut soooooooo hungry! That's what I did tonight; not a good idea!

We're going to my inlaws tomorrow. The last time, I was there we had some good ol' southern BBQ. It made me so sick. I suppose because of the grease and smoking, I hadn't had anything like that in a while. I asked for BBQ chix. I guess I'll get me some fruit and veggies to take with me, like Sharon. My mother is cooking so I'm praying for healthy stuff!

I'll let you know how it goes! Hang in there Marcie!

See you all later!
    Janie
  • mom
    "Be Prepared" should be our motto.
    Talked to my Mom in Michigan tonight.
    I was telling you at one time she needs to lose at least 80 pounds. I was telling her about LAweightloss and she said Oh, just another program that won't work.
    Every other day I have told her of my loss and she has been asking me alot of questions about the program. She is just so excited for me she can't believe how much I have lost in a short time.
    She wants me to show her how the program works when I get up there. Cant wait to get her started.
    Will just be the girls up there. Me, my daughter, Mom and Grandma lives not far.
    My daughter is 8 and needs some discipline to stop eating too. I don't want her to have a problem like me.
    The only thing is she cannot have the lites, but maybe I can sub something else.
    Sharon
  • Sharon-I think that is great about getting your mom started! I tried a ton of programs also and they didn't work. She will be plesently surprised with this one! You are also right about being prepared. I am trying to do this for my trip that I am leaving on tomorrow. I am packing apples to get me through a day till I can hopefully get to a grocery store. Janie your also right about not going in McDonalds so hungry! I should have gotten a big bottle of water at the gas station I stopped at and that would have tied me over till I got home to the right foods! Tomorrow is another day and I hope I have a good week. I hope there is food I can eat. I know that they will provide lunch and I am sure that it will be sandwiches with deli meat, which is a big no no. I guess I will try to just take the bread off. I am leaving tomorrow and will be back late Friday! I'll let you know how I did on Sat. Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend. I know you guys had big plans for Fathers Day. Hope you do well! I am sure you will! As for clothes...there is a gorgeous blue suit in my closet that is a 10 and I would kill to fit into that! There is also an adorable pant suit that is silk and it is a 14, but super tight! I would love to wear that as well!
    Talk to you guys on Sat!!! Hopefully 2 pounds lighter!
    Marcie
  • Can't sleep
    It's after 1am and I can't sleep. Went to bed at 10p and now I'm wide awake. I didn't do so great to day. I did well at my moms, well as well as can be expected, I tried a little of everything that I wanted. Amazingly, I picked healthy stuff! (except for the tiny piece of cake and tiny piece of pie, but it's been soooooo long!)
    Tonight was where I really screwed up. When we got home, my husband fixed my kids chili hotdogs. I was so tired and not feeling well that I ate one, bread, hot dog, chili and cheese (2%)
    Marcie, I didn't take my own advice! But tomorrow is another day!
    I was up 3/4 lb today.

I'm not feeling too good. I'm feeling really bloated. It's PMS, but it gets earlier and earlier every month. It's still over a week before my period is due. This all comes along with the increase in depression! I've got a dr appt Wed. I think I'm ready for them just to take all of my female stuff out. What a pain!!!!! I did the green tea tonight. Hopefully that'll give me some relief!

Sharon,
    Hope you had a great day at your family reunion!

See you guys later!
    Janie
  • HI Everyone
    Hope you all had a nice Fathers Day. I spent it with my hubby and then we went to my inlaws for lunch/dinner. The one good thing about going there at 2 and eating around 3-3:30, is I don't have lunch before I go and I don't eat after I get home. Well, it started out BADDDDDDDDDDDDDD! My son and I made my hubby a huge breakfast (bacon,sausages, eggs,english muffins) and, of course, I had some.
    I weighed in yesterday, and I went up---but, I am PMSing and will be done and DOWN by the end of the week. I knew something was going wrong the other day when I was craving chips (and ate them) and then something sweet (but, had my bar. That is the good thing about always carrying a bar in my bag at all times. The only bad thing, is when it is there and gets melted.
    ANyway, I am going to get some last minute things done around here.
    Hope everyone did great today
    Take Care
    Margaret
  • Wow, all of you ahve been busy! I had company since Friday so I couldn't use the computer. I missed all of you. I ahve been exercising daily. I didn't do to well over the weekend. I ate things I shouldn't have. I did exercise to make up but I don't know if it helped. I am constipated now so I am not expecting a loss today at weigh in. I have had problems with that lately.

Sharon, my Mom keeps asking me about thsi program and I wish they had a center near her. I ams o glad you care about her.

I have to tell all of you a story. I think you all will appreciate it.

My In laws are always taking pictures of the family and I always hated it! My sister in law is in the Navy (so is my hubby but a differnt job). She works in a Navy SEAL office. A bunch of fit and healthy guys work with her. She has a few of my fat photos form about a yar ago on her desk with the kids and my hubby. Recently, my Father law visited and took some more dreded pictures of us. My sister in law put the new picture on her desk. The guys she worked with kept asking her "Is that the same girl? Wow, she looks good." That is the boost I nedded! Can you believe it? Not all the nice words from my hubby but complete strangers saying I look good. I am on cloud 9 right now! I was starting to get bored and wanted to just quit but now I don't think I will be able to stop when I reach goal.

I better go now! I will post some individuals after my weigh in.

Karen
  • weekend
    Karen,
    What a wonderful boost for you to hear words of encouragement and praise.
    That is what we all need sometime.
    I have to weigh in this morning.
    Good luck to all of the weigh ins this week.
    Talk later,
    Sharon
  • I had a bad weekend, too, ya'll. Friday night I took the kids out for dinner at Chili's. They have lot's of "legal" choices, but I proceded to have fahitas and 3 glasses of wine, and even a few tortilla chips. Then on Saturday we had friends over. I made good food choices...but had several more glasses of wine. I'll be heading out to weigh in a few minutes. Hope I didn't gain too much.

Sharon,
    You mentioned that your daughter couldn't have LA Lites, and I'm wondering why not? There shouldn't be anything in there harmful for a child. Of course, my 10-year old (who also needs to eat better) thinks they're gross. Maybe you could substitute a granola bar instead.

Karen,
    Have you ever used Senna tea for constipation? It works almost too good for me--sometimes I wake up with stomache cramps, but I sure get cleaned out!

Loved your story...a real pick up! Reminds me of a situation a few years ago, after I had lost 90 lbs. I ran into a male friend who I hadn't seen in several years. After he recognized me (took a while!) he exclaimed, "You got divorced!" I guess his assumption is that married women don't make the effort to lose weight!

Neb2 posted on my web site at Delphi and said she's having trouble posting here for some reason.

See ya'll later,
    Tam
  • Hi Tam
    When I mentioned my daughter couldn't have the L A lites is because I can't afford them for both of us.
    I am going to have to think of a substitute for her.
    There use to be a W W recipe where you used Alba, peanut butter and grapenuts and froze them and it tasted like candy. Maybe I could subsitute something like that.
    I will have to find something I can use for her.
    I am having real trouble with her just living in the kitchen. ONly 8 years old and weighs 125 lb.
    There is no way I want her to be overweight or go through what I have. At weight watchers you have to be 10 years old to join. Anyway I like laweightloss and I am going to have to be real strick with her and have nothing fattening in the house.My son can eat about anything, but does stop when he is full. Guess I will have to put the brakes on pop, chips, cookies for the rest of the family. I will look for healthy things for them.
    I am going to homeschool her this year so hopefully I can put healthy cooking in our program along with daily walking or exercise.
    Guess I should practice what I preach. Saturday I was going to take fruit and I did take my bar.
    I wanted to stop at subway or McDonalds to get my meal when I went up to KY for my family reunion.
    My husband said just be careful, but when there is not much what I could have on a potluck table I messed up. Gained 2 3/4 pounds. Did not get all of my water in and did get back on program the next day. I WILL stop at McD's or Subway next time and get what I can have.
    It's hard to drink all of your water when you are driving 2 hours then visiting 4 hr and driving for a few more hours. I would have to stop and pee all of the way home.
    Yes, tomorrow is another day and I am not giving up.
    Sharon
  • Update
    Hi there!

I was up 1 3/4# yesterday after my weekend! So today, I'm back on the wagon!

Sharon,
    I was like your daughter when I was younger. My mom put me changed what she cooked for me by baking, broiling or boiling everything. Instead of my usual P/B sandwich and 16oz Coke in the afternoons, I had apples with a little peanut butter and a smaller glass of Coke. When we went out to eat, my favorite place was Long John Silvers, I'd get a fish sandwich; take the top bun off and eat coleslaw with it. She ate like that too, so we were doing it together. I was 10 at the time and 130#. I still got most everything I liked but just changed the "presentation". Good luck! My 9 yr old is skinny as a rail, but I'm afraid she's going to have the same problem one of these days because she's mine! Heredity plays a big part despite what they say! She doesn't like anything but pizza, chicken and spaghetti.

Tami,
    The good thing in this story ( and mine too) that we're back on the program and back here!!!! It'll be better next time!

Karen,
    I'm having a real problem with constipation too. I'm using the green tea from the center. I steep it longer than the directions read and it works wonderful!!! I drink it before bed when I'm having problems and I'm good to go the next day!!!!

Well girls it's another day! Good luck!
    Janie
  • Hi, Ladies!

i only lost 1/4 pound yesterday. My scale at home says I lost more today. I guess I will know for sure when I weigh in tomorrow.

Janie, I will ask about the green tea. I guess it is safe?

Sharon, I am so glad you have a great attidude with your daughter! I was skinny but i always got "if you eat that you will be fat like me", from my MOm. I had a friend overweight at that age. She did great and was goregous by the time she was 16. We were all so proud of her. She moved away and came back and we were shocked. I know your daughter can do it and I am sure you will be a great help.

I have to work today so i better go now. Sometimes I think I am crazy babysittng other peoples kids as well as my own. I hope I don't get burnt out!

Karen
  • Green Tea
    Karen,
    I know what you mean about the green tea being safe. It must be because I don't believe they would be selling it. I was a little apprehensive about it too. But I became desperate so I tried it. It worked well without cramps or anything like a real laxative. It says for best results drink 2 cups/day. I haven't gone that far with it. I'm only doing it 1/2 cup when I need it. So far so good.
    Good luck with it!
    Janie
  • I lost at weigh in! I really messed up and had some doritos, Yikes!! My youngest son is sick and I was so stressed out. He has been hard to deal with today. He will be 2 in August and doesn't handle being sick bery well. He seems to be happier with his daddy, I can't wait till he gets home! Maybe, he can calm him down again. It worked last night.

I am so glad I lost I am going to use th treadmill to work off those Doritios right now. I am probably going to skip my starch I saved for dinner as well.

Janie, thanks for the information.

I hope everyone is Ok. It has been quiet here. I guess everyone is busy!

Karen