Old 08-24-2005, 08:17 PM   #1  

Default Looking for an LAWL buddy/not using bars

Hi! I have been doing LAWL since mid-April and have lost 34 lbs. I have 24 more to go and my goal date is Oct 29. I would really like to find someone to buddy up with - a little extra accountablility and all that... I am currently on the purple plan and in 10 lbs will be moving to the gold plan. I don't personally need to be with someone on the same plan, and having done red already, I would understand what someone on the red plan is going though... As I mentioned I don't use the bars or other food products and am living proof that it works (once you can get them to back off, at any rate!)

I am very pleased with my results. And the slow down I've seen in the last month is from when I stray from the plan. I have had a lot of friends visiting this summer and going out to eat every day for 3 days straight has stalled me several weeks. And I haven't really been gorging myself - has me concerned when I reach maintainence that I will always be limited to 1100-1300 cals/week?!

Anyway, I'm pleased I found this forum because I really need to focus and lose the last bit before my goal date, so I can 1) get my refund and 2) prove to them that their foods don't make a bit of difference in weight loss success, it's just a way to make money. So, is anyone game?

Joan
joanwildest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:42 PM   #2  

ME ME ME I have been on LAWL since beginning of June and have lost 21 lbs. I want to lose 18 more lbs by the SAME date as you - October 29th -that's my brother's wedding and I'm a bridesmaid.

I am on purple - not using LA Lites. How are you eligible for the rebate w/o using the lites?

I am 34 y/o and have 3 small children Hope to get to know you!

Kim
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:35 PM   #3  

Hi Kim,
I private messaged you with my email. Get in touch.

As for the rebate, I have asked a thousand times, and they said that I am eligable for the rebate because the bars aren't obligatory. I am concerned about the contract stating that I used them, but they keep assuring me that it is just printed that way. I think it is a way they can point blame - if you don't maintain they can say it's because you didn't follow the program? Did they tell you that you wouldn't get it? I was enrolled by the district manager and both she and the local managers have been telling me it'll be ok. But you know what? If I don't get it, who cares - when it comes down to it, I'll be 60 pounds slimmer and that is well worth it! (Don't tell them I said that, though because the refund would certainly help buy me a few new outfits to put on my skinny bod!)
joanwildest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:43 PM   #4  

Wow - sounds like you and I got different info - I was told i was NOT eligible for the rebate. However this week one counselor implied that if i was not using the bars due to medical issues, I was still eligible.

But the rebate wasn't an incentive to me b/c I would've had to buy $1000 worth of bars to get $250 back - ha!

I hope you ARE eligible and you can get the rebate - seems that LAWL is slowly b/c more customer-friendly too, so it's possible

Got your email and replied!
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote