Old 07-18-2005, 10:34 PM   #1  

Default LA Lite Equivalent

Does anyone know what the equivalent of LA Lites is? Would they be considered a protein, a carb, a fruit??? I just want to know in case I don't want to eat the bar but substitute regular food instead. Thanks so much!!!

Karen
ren2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Really, you just need to eat something that is almost equivalent to the same calories (around 180) and make sure that what you are eating has a similar amount of protein. (around 10 grams)

A couple of examples:

1 egg~70 calories, 6 grams of protein
1 cup of Yoplait Light yogurt~100 calories, 5 grams of protein
Total: 170 calories, 11 grams of protein

1 cup of skim milk~80 calories, 8 grams of protein
1 SMALL banana~100 calories 2 grams of protein
Total: 180 calories, 10 grams of protein

it has also been stated in other threads that you can replace a LUNA bar for the LA Lite as well.

Since you are replacing the LA Lite bar, you don't count it as a dairy, or a fruit, or something in your journal. The LAWL counselors are there to sell you their products, and they work on commission, so DO NOT put the replacement meal in your journal unless you want them to hassle you. Write it down as an LA Lite, when you really ate one of these replacement meals. If you have not been buying LA Lites from them, tell them you got the Lites off Ebay so they don't get suspicious.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #3  

There is no reason that non-vegetarians should shy away from eating vegetarian proteins. Nuts, beans, peas, and legumes are healthy for everyone.
Was it an LAWL counselor that told you to shy away from haveing vegetarian proteins? Don't listen to them. What you need to remember-is they are NOT dieticians. They are salespeople trained for a couple weeks on the LAWL plan. There is no reason for you not to have things listed on the vegetarian list. If anyone from LAWL says anything to you about it, tell them you are a "flexitarian". They probably will not know what that means-it is a person who chooses to LIMIT their meat consumption. Not a total vegetarian, but they do not eat as much meat or animal products (cheese, milk, eggs) as the rest of us do.

Thanks for the compliment! It is my personal feeling that LAWL charges you an arm and a leg to do their plan in the first place...so if you can get away with not buying any of their bars and supplements-then do it!!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 10:46 AM   #4  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

I have a question about the Luna bars .....

What is the difference between the Luna Bars and the Luna "Glow" Bars ?
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:09 PM   #5  

Funny...I prefer Silk over 8th Continent.

The diet is a balanced one-basically they are just trying to make sure that you get some fruits in, some veggies in, enough protein, and so forth-not eating all from one or two food groups like some of us tend to do when we are NOT eating well.

There ARE carbohydrates in beans, legumes, nuts...but the foods also have a fiber content in them that makes a lot of the carbohydrates unusable. (Fiber is a carbohyrdate that is pretty much undigested-it goes through your system rather than being absorbed like, say white flour) So-eating beans is not the same as eating a slice of bread.

Basically, if you are eating a reduced calorie diet, and a balanced one with a variety of foods-then eating beans is not going to slow your weight loss at all. It may even speed it up, because of the high fiber content.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:18 PM   #6  

Thank you soooo much! You guys are awesome! I love your word, aphil...I'm totally a flexitarian!! I'm really happy to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks some of their information is strange. They told me to either pick vegetarian or regular and that I was not allowed to do both...I thought that sounded so bizarre...oh well...too bad I'm doing both!!!

I currently weigh about 165lbs and I'm hoping to get down to about 135-140lbs. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the helpful suggestions!

Karen
ren2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:41 PM   #7  

I was told I can substitute 1 dairy for my 1/2 protein. You may want to do that, Mary, since you like milk so much.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:10 PM   #8  

When I joined LAWL I told them that I was not buying the Lites so they gave me another plan which added 1 starch and 1 fruit to replace the Lites. Hope this helps.

Stacey
staceyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:53 AM   #9  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

The difference between the luna and the luna glow bars are that the luna's are good and the luna glows are awful.....
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:16 AM   #10  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty
The difference between the luna and the luna glow bars are that the luna's are good and the luna glows are awful.....

Thanks for that important piece of info !!! I will steer clear of the Glow bars !!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote