Old 07-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #31  

Default morning star sausage?

are we able to eat this and count it as a protein? I got the patties... they are like 80 cal. each. Does anyone know if we are allowed to eat these and count them as a protein, and if so, how many? I know for veggie burgers and hot dogs we can have two as one protein... jw thanks for any help!!

oh yeah... they didn't measure me today. they were supposed to, it was highlighted, but they didn't. also, down another pound and a quarter.

happy almost 4th!
912go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:37 PM   #32  

oh yeah... was also wondering.... does anyone know about the weight watchers food at applebee's? It's not in the book, but i can't see it would be bad if they have it for weight watchers. I got the chicken sandwich they have for weight watchers. i could just count it as a protein and two starches, right? Thanks in advance!
912go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:31 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

textjewel -- Thanks!!

rubyshoes -- yes, I got your message. I apologize, I'm the absolute worst at returning emails. Anyway, I'm in Tacoma a lot. I went to high school in Tacoma so alot of my friend base lives around there. Glad to meet more Washitonians! :-)
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:32 AM   #34  

Linda - I love that Applebees WW chicken sandwich! I think their WW menu came out since LAWL revised their eating-out guide, and that's why it's not in there. You are right, count it as a protein two starches - if you get the sauce on top (that's my favorite part!) may want to count it as a fat??? At my AB they serve it with pineapple on the side, so count your fruit, too.

ETA: Yep, count that sauce as a fat as it's "barbeque ranch," LF but definitely more than a condiment serving. Also, I have them leave the cheese off 'cause I don't like cheese on my chicken, but remember to count that too. Eating out can get really complicated!

Last edited by vibrantecho; 07-02-2005 at 08:34 AM.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:04 AM   #35  

Good morning, chickies!

Did the best on being POP yesterday than I have in a long time, so that's the first step on getting back on track.

About the morning star sausage - I'd count it just like the burgers. The veggie burgers I get are 100 cals each, and I have two for 1 protein.

About the WW meals at Applebee's - I'd find something similar in the eating out guide and count it like that. (I'm boring - I usually get the chicken caeser when I eat out. . ) But, there is a restaurant that serves a grilled chicken salad with sliced fresh fruit, so I get that whenever I can - I love it.

Fiona - love the name of the new pony. How'd you pick it?

Ruby, WTG on making your June goal!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #36  

Good Morning All!

Wow, you miss a couple of days and have to spend hours (it seems like) catching up! After previewing this, I'm sorry it is so long, but I didn't want to leave out anyone, which I'm sure I did.

To everyone going on vacation, whether it be just for the weekend or for longer, have a great time! We don't have anything special planned. We are going to gather at the church (most of my family attends there) for a cookout and fireworks on the 4th. My house is just a block away, so if I need anything to keep me POP I will be close. I think I'll take one of my buffalo burgers to bbq.

I had a few chuckles reading the posts, visualizing Cathy with that darned band. That is something her daughter will remember for years!

Britt - I hope you are having a great start to your weekend. I know you can do a POP weekend, just plan ahead! Isn't it funny how we will eat things even if we don't absolutely love them? As I was reading your post regarding the Morning Star sausages I thought to myself of all the things I'm not too crazy about, but eat them anyway. Thanks for posting the exercises! You are inspiring me to get started. I did go to Oprah's site, but got distracted. It is still on my computer screen.

Debi - I am glad to see you keeping such a positive attitude! That is 80% of the reason for success in my opinion! Let's go shopping!

Karen - Wow, I am amazed at your willpower, but I do understand how foods in the freezer are safe from being eaten. If they are in there, I seem to forget about them. I still have a piece of low carb cheesecake I made probably more than a year ago that I come across every once in a while when I am sifting through the freezer looking for something. It is vacuum sealed, so I have no idea how long it will keep in there. I'll probably just throw it out someday. My birthday is this month too, on the 22nd. I'll be 55. I really wish I had found LAWL sooner, but at least I will be in better shape at 60 than I was at 50!

Beth - I'm in that boring group with you. Right now I am afraid to stray off what I'm doing because it is still working. My counselor told me to mix up what I was having for breakfast because I was having peanut butter every morning, when I did change, I gained almost 2 pounds! Another counselor helped plan a couple of days and I did lose those 2 plus another 1.6. I need to eat more foods that are not easily digested. I wonder if that smoothie booklet is the one that our COD is out of? They said they had a new summer recipes book that was free, but had run out. I have two counselors on the lookout for one for me. I bought a couple of cans of their smoothie mix, but haven't yet tried them.

Mandy - You rock! I so enjoy reading your posts, and am so glad you share your struggles with us. You make it seem possible to me! I know it isn't a good thing to have bad eating days, but they are going to happen. That's life, and you make it real. The fact that you passed your goal weight is inspiring to me. Keep it up! How long did it take you to reach your current weight?

Julie - OK, I'm going to be nosy....How come you are landing in Reno and going to Las Vegas instead of landing in Vegas? I usually land in Reno when I go visit my mom, who lives at Lake Tahoe. Vegas is really a far drive! Do you have family/friends in Reno that are going down to Vegas and the rest of the places with you? Boy, that is going to be some trip for you, huh? I hope you have a good a/c in your car!

Fiona - I love your little worm! I went back and saw the cute little baby. He is so cute, and I love the name! Congratulations on the new house!

Ruby - I've missed your posts. I'm glad to see that SB boy hasn't been around. I was afraid something had gone wrong. Maybe that is a good thing! It is an opening for you to talk to him. "Hey, where have you been? I've missed seeing you!"

I didn't join in time to see where Star is off to or how long she will be gone. I hope it isn't long. I love reading her posts!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I am going to sit down and plan my entire weekend's food. I don't usually plan in advance, but I loved it when one of the counselors did it for me. I didn't have to wonder what I was having to eat. I need to go grocery shopping, but think I will hold it off until Tuesday. We went out to dinner last night and traffic was horrendous! I'm staying out of town until after the weekend!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #37  
Britt/LAWL~Red

well good morning chicks!!!!! Almost afternoon I thought i would stop in and see what was going on. I was POP yesterday and so far today so im doing good on my weekend challenege for myself to be POP. Didnt end up exercising yesterday as we went to Granny's and check on her and stopped by the grocery store to grab some on sale items. I have the same habit that some of you have about weighing myself daily first thing in the morning. Well when i got on it this morning I just kind of stood there I was down to the next number!!! Now I do know that my scale and the scale at the center are a little off usually around a lb or so sometimes more sometimes less well my scale said 239.75 I was basically in shock! I dont know how accurate that really is. Yesterday at the center i was 245.25 so there is no way that i lost that much in 24hrs! But i didnt want to the scale go up so i didnt get back on it Either way if I have a POP weekend I will be really excited to see what the scale says. I believe they told me they would move me down to the next plan at 238. So maybe i will have to do some adjusting in the next week or so.

~Linda
Yes we can have morning star breakfast sausage. It is counted at a Textured Veggie Protein which is listed under the vegitarian section. I am currently on the red plan and can have 4oz=1 protein. Check your plan and see how much you can have. As for getting measured you will probably have to remind them I have to do that at my center. I got my measurements this week and the last time i was measured was April and that was only because I asked. We have a new counselor and she noticed i hadnt been measured and we decided to do it on friday. I agree with Fiona on how to count the WW selections from applebee's.

~Julie
HI!!!! WTG on getting back OP!! I guess im boring like you cause i tend to get some type of salad with chicken on it when we go out unless i have a lot i need to get in still lol.

~Regina
LOL we do get chatty here sometimes dont we!!! Im not usually a planner for my meals either but maybe i should be. Glad to see that traffic is bad other places too i was beginning to think it was just here lol. I think star will be back on the 11th so thats only about a week gone. She will be back before you know it with her great post!

Well i need to do a few things i guess so everyone have GREAT OP Weekend and a wonderful 4th!!!!!

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:20 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone!!

Britt, I am joining you on your POP weekend challenge!! After going off for one meal last Sunday decided it sure wasn't worth it. Took 3 days to recover from it.

Fiona, thanks for getting me up to speed on the 3FC board lingo!!! I am one of the PNW gals!!!

I went to WI yesterday and am down 2 pounds for a total now of 10. Guess I better change my ticker. Thats so fun!!! I also posted my "before" pic in my profile, but really I still look the same!! Maybe in a couple months I will indeed start looking different.

I'll check in later...

Last edited by WAgal; 07-02-2005 at 01:26 PM.
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #39  

Thanks for the reminder, Cindy! I needed to change my ticker too!
Old 07-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #40  

Default Weekend POP Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittyboo07
<snip> I was POP yesterday and so far today so im doing good on my weekend challenege for myself to be POP.

Well i need to do a few things i guess so everyone have GREAT OP Weekend and a wonderful 4th!!!!!

Britt

I think I will join you on that challenge, Britt. I've done well so far, even though it is only noon on Saturday!

Now I know I need to plan my food if I am going to be good. Be sure to let us know what the COD scales say at your next weigh-in.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Regina,

Sometimes you have to take the whole POP thing one hour at a time!!! Especially when we are feeling weak!! But I KNOW we can do this this weekend!! Right ladies?
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:02 PM   #42  

I'm with you, Cindy! We CAN do this this weekend!
Old 07-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #43  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hi ladies-
Well I'm up another pound today. I'm at 145, but I ate perfect yesterday, so I'm not letting it get me down. I'm interested in seeing what tomorrow brings. Hopefully my body will catch up to the exercising and I'll start to even out.
I upgraded my gym membership so I can go any time I want to now. That'll be a lot better. It'll help me get to the gym 5 to 6 times a week.
Stabilization is fine. I've only added a dairy. I need to start experimenting (wow I can't spell) with the new free food choices. I guess I'm just so used to eating a certain way that it seem hard to change it now.

Julie- I would love to get together sometime when you are here. I think Portland or Vancouver WA (only because that's where I live) would be a good central place. It just depends on which part of Portland your family lives. Really Portland would probably be best for you. Let me know which day would work best, so we can try to figure something out.

PNW Chicks- Let's try to get together when Julie is here... who's in? I think it'll be fun. Maybe PM me if your interested and we can try to work out the details.

Regina- I started lawl April of 2004 (very end of march). So I think it took about a year and 2 to 3 months to reach my goal. I had some minor setbacks along the way. Family reunions, holidays etc. But I still managed to reach my goal. I can't even believe that I did it. Looking back it really went by fast. I think I took about a month off somewhere in there too. I tried to do an at home version of ww and I wasn't all that successful. So I'm still plugging along. Planning on doing maintenance (sp?) the full year and I'm going to be trying to get a little more toned up by going to the gym. It feels good to reach one big goal. It makes me feel like I can do anything.

Well, I just thought I'd check in with you all..

Metalchic- I hope you're enjoying stabilization still. Are you getting all of your free foods in? I think you're right. It's going to be hard to get everything in. Thursday is when I add the extra fruit and veggies. the Veggie is doable, but not sure about the fruit.

Talk you all later. Have a Happy 4th!!

Mandy

Last edited by mandyd26; 07-02-2005 at 07:40 PM.
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:41 PM   #44  

Default Hi All

Hi. I have been on LAWL for 2 weeks. Just started my 3rd week Thurs. I've lost 12lbs so far. My only problem is for the last week, I've felt constipated. I haven't been, but I feel like it. That uncomfortable bloated feeling. Has anyone else ever experienced that shortly after starting on the plan??

Jewel
Julinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:58 AM   #45  

Good morning, chickies!

Regina - my geography isn't that off - I'm attending a conference in Reno the last week of July, so it's just easier for me to start and end there on my trip. I'm tacking on a week to see that part of the country, and to visit family. (please be as nosy as you want!) About the driving - I'm renting a car - I would have driven the whole thing, except I didn't want to be away from home for close to 4 weeks.

Mandy - I'm really looking forward to getting to meet in the flesh as many of you as I can . .

Hi Jewel and welcome! (Jewel is one of my nicknames) When I feel constipated, I usually am - but try these things, if you're not already doing them - drink lots of water, think about adding an EFA or Omega 3 supplement to sort of 'lubricate' things - pick fresh veg and fruit, and try to get high fiber stuff for your starch. On the other hand, if you are doing all this, and your body is not used to it, it can be that your digestive track is just getting used to more fiber, and once it adjusts everything will be more normal. I find that my tummy rumbles more when I'm back on a balanced diet if I've been way off clean eating for a while.

Cindy - WTG on making 10 pounds down!

Hey Britt - I have my fingers crossed that your scale and the center's scale match.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend - I fell off yesterday - I am going to take this sweet that's been riding on my shoulder and dump him somewhere!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote