Old 06-28-2005, 10:05 AM   #1  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Question No Weight Loss on L.A.

Maybe someone here can enlighten me. I joined L.A. 2 months ago, and I keepfloating between 169 and 172. I checkin 3x's a week and they say "This has never happened before" I've given up for now. I'm on the Gold Plan. I was on Gold to begin with, then they switched me to Blue because I work swing shift, but I didn't lose anything. Now I'm back on Gold and still no loss. It doesn't matter what diet I try, I just don't lose any weight. I had my thyroid checked and it's fine. Could I have food allergies?

Mary Ann

Last edited by odirish; 06-28-2005 at 12:07 PM.
odirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 4"

Mary Ann, I'm sorry you are having a hard time with LAWL. I really don't know what to tell you. I have had a few times where I would plateau; but they would change something, and I would start losing again. I've lost 90lbs, and Mandy has lost (I think) 91lbs. I know there are alot of other ladies on here that have lost weight successfully on LAWL. If the counselors are baffled too, I'm lost.....
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:52 PM   #3  
Started LC 1/1/12

After I posted, I went to see one of the counselors. She has cut my oatmeal and any frozen meals. I also told her that I was drinking Cappucinos. She said they are "lethal", so they're out too. I usually pick one up on my way to work. I am always dealing with alot of stress, that could be a problem also. She is contacting a dietician to get her input also. I was reading about the Luna bars and the Knudens juice. I'm so thankful for that little hint, because L.A. products are very expensive. I think I'd like to begin a journal to track any progress (if there is any).

Mary Ann
Old 06-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #4  
I will do it this time

Mary Ann, My daughter and I asked our counselor about plateaus today. We aren't at one, but wondered what they did when you hit one. She said they would look over the diary and evaluate that. She also said the frozen meals are really bad. If you hit a plateau you need to stop eating them. Try to drink more water and stay await from any salty foods. I wish you luck.

I know about the Luna bars but what did I miss regarding the Knudson juice?
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #5  
217/177.8/150ish

Mary ann taking the oatmeal out should help.. I was eating it for breakfast all the time and cutting it and doing a few other things got me rolling... and the cappacuinos are sooo good but so bad for weightloss.. if you want a coffee drink get the jet start from the center pour it over ice and stick it in a blender or if you have a magic bullet it makes it very easy to do... they are sooooooo GOOD..
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #6  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Just curious...Why is it good to stop eating the oatmeal. I thought that was good for you or something..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #7  
Twin Mommi

Hi Ladies... I guess i can't say i have not lost... i lost 8.5 lbs since 6/2/05. but i have not lost anything since that first week. I was talking with my mom and she said how much sugar are in the "La Lites"?

you know i never looked but there are 18 grams of sugar in the caramel ones... i was just wondering how is that good for weightloss? i just eat them because i am supposed to and never looked at ingredients.... and then to eat two of them?!! a day. I was wondering if any of you have talked to the counselor about the carb and sugar amt in them?! i know they have low sodium and high proteing but WOW on the sugar. i am wondering if i am not loosing more a week because of them?!

just an observation.
sskinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #8  
Started LC 1/1/12

I know about the Luna bars but what did I miss regarding the Knudson juice?

I read where the juice is equal to the Take Off juice that L.A. sells, and a whole lot cheaper.

Mary Ann
Old 06-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #9  

Yes, have to watch the cappuccinosI(like Dunkin Donuts say)- especially at some places if it's pre-made in powdered or liquid form, they have a lot more sugar etc. whereas when made with a traditional espresso machine it's just the espresso and skim or whole fat steamed milk.

While plain oatmeal is very good for you, fiber and cholesterol wise, 3/4 cup dry/plain is about 100-110 cals. On LA we're allowed 1/2 cup, so maybe that's 80-90 cals. When compared with a 40 cal slice of diet/lite bread - that's extra calories. On the old plan oatmeal and other no sugar added cereals were a 3x a week limited food. Maybe that's why they had you cut it out.

About the sugars in the lites = I believe that's why our starches servings are limited to 2-3 depending on your color plan, it makes up for the sugars/carbs in the lites. I think this might also hold true for the one dairy serving on LA when most nutritionists/health officials feel you should get a minimum of 2-3 8oz servings of dairy. There is sugar in milk and yogurt.

This, of course, is all just my opinion. Good luck to you!

Melissa the videochick
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:31 PM   #10  
Started LC 1/1/12

I think I'm hooked on those Cappucinos I go back to work tomorrow and it will be a real challenge to not stop and buy any, but I'm gonna do it just to see if that's the problem. I love Oatmeal. She told me to eat cereal like Kashi or Fiber One. I'll probably be in withdrawal tomorrow

Mary Ann
Old 06-29-2005, 08:52 AM   #11  

Mary Ann,
First off, the Cappucinos were never on plan. Give them up and you'll probably lose, unless you are eating drinking other things not on plan. The only way the counselors can tell why you aren't losing weight is IF you tell them everything your eating and drinking. First rule - don't eat or drink anything that's not in the plan book. Then you have a baseline to work from.
Once you are following the plan 100% and still not losing, then you could add cardio and see if that helps.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #12  
266.7/186.8/145

Just tossing in my two cents as I seem so prone to do...

When I first started the program, I was asked what my biggest challenges were. I said that the top three were Pizza, butter and my daily Starbuck's lattes. Me and my counselor sat down and went over how I could use butter as my daily fat serving, that I could have veggie pizza once a week, and then she did something I completely didn't expect, she found a way to make it work for me to have my Starbuck's once a week. Now I admit that it was a challenge because I was so used to picking up a Triple Grande, extra hot, peppermint white chocolate mocha, every single morning. I still miss it in fact, and I have been on the program since Sept.

But just knowing that they would take the time to help me make it a weekly treat for me, made me truly feel like I wasn't just a customer, and that I wasn't in it alone. So now every saturday since sept, I go into Starbucks and order a Double Tall, extra hot, peppermint white mocha, go outside to a table, sit down and enjoy my once a week treat. It feels like I am getting away with murder, even though I know that I am not.

You see, ice cream and the like has never been a big weak point for me, so I know exactly what you are talking about with your cappucino addiction. I am just letting you know that you can get through it. Will you miss them? sure. But I can promise you that it is managable, especially when you see the results - ie smaller clothing, feeling heathier, feeling accomplished, looking better....etc.

...just my two cents - hope it helps!
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #13  

Ruby - I want to go to your COD - where is it? My counselors are not flexable at all.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Voice of reason chiming in...

First off-it makes absolutely no sense to cut out oatmeal, and still let you have Kashi or fiber cereal. They are all carbs, the serving sizes you are allowed are all similar in calories, and they all contain fiber. Oatmeal is excellent for you, and there is no reason I can see why it should be taken out, and other nutritionally similar things should still be allowed. Rant over. The women over in the LWL part of the forum eat oatmeal every morning.

Second-Kool-Aid, Pepsi, Coke, juice, sweetened tea, Cappucchinos, lattes (and all coffee drinks that are not just "plain coffee") have calories. You should be drinking water, tea, regular coffee, diet soda, and Crystal Light. Tea or coffee should be sweetened with stevia/Splenda/Equal or something calorie free. Caloric drinks absolutely count against your weight loss.

I don't think the problem is food allergies-that would not make a difference in weight loss either-you would have other side effects most likely instead.

Also, how is your exercise? Proper diet is only part of the equation. You have to eat less, and move MORE.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:00 PM   #15  
266.7/186.8/145

Star - Tacoma, WA - but don't forget, Inga the Terrible is at my COD...hee hee. And as for latte that I take once a week, it counts....heavily. I have to count it as 1 starch, dairy, and fat for the day....so it isn't like I get it as a freebie....but it is still nice to get it once a week because I love it so much

Mary Anne - I also forgot to ask something about the oatmeal issue. I have never even seen the gold or blue plan, since I am still farther out for goals, but I don't understand oatmeal not being on there either. I looked in my purple diary, and it is in there.

Are you eating just plain, regular oatmeal? Because if it is the prepackaged stuff from Quaker or the like, that might be why they told you to cut it out, because it is packed full of sugar and preservatives. Also, what sort of serving are you getting?

The purple plan book states that half a cup of plain oatmeal counts as a starch, so I don't understand why your conselor would rule that out either. I would think it would be an excellent, filling source of fiber
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote