Old 06-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Need to Lose 13# by July 4th to be at GOAL!

Urgh! I REALLY want to be at my original LAWL sign-up goal of 150 by the Fourth of July. I started the program on Feb 19th and have lost 27 lbs so far, but this last month I am really going to have to work HARD to get there! So, anyone have any tips?!?!

I am measuring and weighing all my food (had kind of gotten away from that the last few weeks), avoiding even buying my DH and kids any tempting foods that I like, and exercising every chance I get. I have been walking on the treadmill for 30-40 min 2-3x's/wk, doing 200 sit-ups and doing 2lb arm weights 2-3x's/week, too. Yesterday I added running stairs (5x) and 100 jumping jacks. I'm planning to workout 5-6 times a week from here out.

My problem time is always cooking/cleanng up after dinner. I hate to see food go to waste and end up eating some of their leftovers. I'm trying to make a huge effort to NOT do this anymore!!!

So...have any of you had success losing this much in one month? Please share how you did it!

Thanks in advance!
nnnsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #2  

That's a lot to loose in 1 month, the most I've lost in 1 month is 10 lbs.

Why don't you have the hubby and kids dump their plates before you start cleaning up after dinner. And why don't you put all left overs into containers before you eat so all you have to do while cleaning is put them in the fridge?

Sounds easy for me to say huh? Weekends are killing me!
mzmarlycia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #3  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Michelle-
Working out 5 to 6 times a week is a good plan. Also make sure to drink tons of water.
Eat every 2 to 3 hours, weigh and measure etc.

I think MZ's advice is great as far as putting the leftovers away. Maybe brush your teeth right after dinner, so snacking doesn't seem quite as appealing. Also maybe just realizing that you only have about a month or so left. You've already lost 27 pounds. You can do anything you set your mind to. I would just stick with trying to lose 2 pounds a week. That should put you at your goal in July still. I'm a few months behind schedule and hitting my goal still felt just as great. A few weeks won't make much of a difference.
Good luck to you.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/140

Thanks, ladies! The idea of putting away the extra food BEFORE sitting down to eat is a great one -- don't know why I haven't thought of that before! I've tried to get DH to help clear the table before (w/o success!!) and our kids are still pretty little to help out too much (they are 5 and almost 3 yo twins). I will try to get more help from DH! My big boy does help out a lot - I guess I just need to do the cleaning up a little quicker and get all the food out of sight! LOL!

Brushing my teeth does help a lot. I always do that after lunch. I guess I'm a lot less successful in the evenings becuase everything is always so rushed! T-ball games, no one wants to come indoors since it stays light out so late now, etc, then it's rush, rush, rush to do dinner and baths! Whew!!!

Mandy, I guess I should probably be happy w/2lbs per week. Like you said, I'll still be there soon! I just really want to be at goal since we are going on vacation, a family reunion, and the 4th is also our twins' birthdays! You all have done great with you weightloss! That's very encouraging! My mom just joined this past weekend and I am going to use my referral $ towards a few more weeks, since I's really like to be around 135lbs. Just haven't seen that no. on the scale since jr high, so I was trying to be realistic with my first big goal!

Last edited by nnnsmom; 06-06-2005 at 02:29 PM.
nnnsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

What you need to keep in mind is that a healthy rate of weight loss is 1/2 to 2 pounds per week, after the first week or two of being on a plan. (It is common to lose more than that at the very beginning, due to water weight, and extra food in your digestive system.)

July 4th is about 4 weeks away...so a more realistic weight loss goal (and this is losing 2 pounds a week-the FASTER end of the healthy weight loss range) is about 8 pounds. So-if you are losing SAFELY, and not OVERexercising, or doing something drastic like doing Take Off more often than you should be-your weight loss should be about 4-8 pounds by July 4th.

What we need to keep in mind here, is that if you lose any quicker-you are also losing muscle mass-which is something that you want to keep on your body. Weight affects many things-our organs, our heart, our lean muscle tissue...you have to give your body the time that it needs to lose the weight properly. I think you should just continue doing what you are doing, and celebrate July 4th no matter what the scale says that day. And celebrate the day that you reach your goal weight, no matter which day that may be as well.

It is good to set goals for yourselves, but they should be realistic, and healthy.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:36 PM   #6  
235/183/130

What exactly does the juice do to our bodies to allow us to lose extra weight?

I looked at the ingredients, and couldn't tell what the magic was?

Also, how often can we do the take off drink? Safely...

Thanks,

marilyn
malzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:46 PM   #7  
234/165.8/160

For me the juice is just to make sure you get your fruit serving in. The main difference is you don't have any starches on the days you are doing Express or Take Off. If I've had a lot of carb and sweet cravings a couple of days without any starches usually takes care of it for me. I was told we can do it every two weeks. I just did it monday and tuesday, so i had a bottle of Knudsen's Morning Blend juice over 2 days,2 eggs each morning, then the first day lunch was fish, broccoli and salad at Red lobster, dinner was chicken breast and salad, snacked on celery. the next day i snacked on celery and cucumbers in the morning, had low carb fajita salad with Mahi Mahi at Don Pablos for lunch, then chicken breast and salad at home for dinner. You still wind up with pretty much the same calorie intake and the same servings of fruits/veggies, it's cutting out the starches that helps.
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:39 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by malzies
What exactly does the juice do to our bodies to allow us to lose extra weight?

I looked at the ingredients, and couldn't tell what the magic was?

Also, how often can we do the take off drink? Safely...

Thanks,

marilyn
The Take Off plan is something that they offer, that I don't personally agree with. It is a couple of days eating VERY low calorie and using the juice as part of the daily calories. So, it is a very low calorie diet, with part of the day being a liquid diet. Not real healthy, but some members like to use it for a quick "scale" result. There is no magic-but if you insist on doing it, it is nicer to pay $3 instead of the cost of their juice.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #9  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

The benefit for me of doing the unlimited Take-Off was that it did help out with my carb cravings. My boss is very into nutrition and fitness so I asked her what she thought of the 2 day take off plan. I gave her the instructions and she said that it appears as though the purpose of it is to burn off the stored carbs in the body -- the extras so to speak. She said the reason the centers only advise us to do it for 2 days is because after about 2 days our bodies would have gone through the carbs and then start burning muscle, then the diet would be counter productive. I don't know if this is true, but I do know my cal intake was about the same, I just wasn't having carbs. I did the unlimited for 2 days (juice, plus all the protein and raw green vegetables you want), then went POP for 3 days, and showed a 5 lb loss when I went to WI.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:19 PM   #10  

I don't understand it from that point I guess-because fruit juice is a simple carbohydrate, whereas whole fruit is a complex carbohydrate because of the pulp and fiber.

Having 2 servings a day of fruit juice on a "low carb" diet to me is a huge contradiction. If you look into most low or reduced carb plans-they want you to eat WHOLE fruit because of its lesser impact in your body-rather than juice because it rapidly converts to sugar in your body.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #11  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Well Aphil, we could always ask the "nutritionist" in pajamas. I'm sure they'd find a way to place logic where there is none. After all, its what they do!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #12  

Default Ha-ha

Hi Aphil - I love your good sound advice - I said it before - Wish you worked at my COD .......

Carmen - Now chick - you behave yourself, don't be making fun of LAWL's
ONE - PJ wearin, Bon-bon eating, TV watchin, Chilling on sofa NUTRIONIST
Star is offline   Reply With Quote