3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #28

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 08:25 AM   #76

Hi, Ladies! I missed all of you!!! This place has been so busy!
I am doijng great! I am working aout and eating right. i did slip and have some pizza but I used the treadmill and worked it off and I lost at weigh in! I am feeling so positive right now. I am trying to remeber how fast I lost the forst 30 pounds and it seemed so easy. I only have 32.5 pounds left to go. I know I can do it. I too am not worrying about my rebate or meeting goal in time. I only got 33 weeks to lose 100 pounds if I take more I don;t care! My anniversary is about 3 weeks after the 33 week point so if I do it by then I will be so happy!

Sara, thanks so much! The exercise is helping me so much. I lost a pound at weigh in yesterday and I did exercise the day before. I work at a Helath Club now so it is very inspiring to wnat to work out. I wnat those toned muscles when I get to goal not a flabby thin person. I agree with you toatlally about exercising! I am going to start using weight soon. I am sorry it took me so long to reply. I was busy all wekeend then I got sick.

I better go now!
Karen W (wow, we ahve 2 KAren's I am usually the only one!)

Goal:
100 Pounds By Sept 22
Old 06-07-2001, 09:49 AM   #77

I paid $364.00 for the program. Haven't bought the bars in bulk b/c I haven't found one I liked. I also don't have the money up front right now. My mom helped me pay for the program since I didn't have $364.00 lying around. Well I have to weigh in today I missed yesterday. I hope I didn't gain after yesterday. It seems all you guys have lost your weight so quick! That is awesome. I am just glad to see the scale move. I gained all this weight in 6 months, out of the blue. Then I started working out everyday, eating 1200 claories and the scale would not move. I have been trying everything. I haven't exercised lately and know that it would help speed this up. I just wish I had found LAWL before my wedding. I just got married in April and weighed the most I have ever weighed in my life by far. I know all of my guests who had not seen me in a while were shocked. 50 pounds is a lot of weight. Anyway...I can't wait to lose this weight and go back home and go out where I can see people and feel comfortable again.
Marcie
Old 06-07-2001, 10:12 AM   #78

Default My intro

Love the intros, ya'll! And welcome, Marcie! Another Alabamian! I'm in Birmingham.

I've been on the program just under 6 weeks, and have lost 25 lbs. I can't believe how quickly I'm losing...and I'm rarely hungry, and have plenty of energy. I stick pretty close to the program during the week, but usually cheat a bit on weekends. I'm 41, have two kids, and am a stay-at-home mom. My husband travels a great deal, and someone has to raise the kids! I'm also a girl scout leader, and dabble in gardening and mosaics. As far as dieting, I've done just about every diet around, and have had over 25 lb. losses with WW, Physician's Weight Loss, and National Weight Loss (which seems to be closely related to LA WLC). I also was on a clinical trial for Xenical several years ago, and lost 70 lbs, only to find out later that I was on the placebo! (I think I really screwed up the study findings!) I'm a great "loser", but can't seem to maintain. I hope to go through stabilization and maintenance and....maybe this time.....

Marcie, as far as the LA Lites, I agree that it's a big $$ issue for LA WLC. I think it's ridiculous that they are required on the program. You're not getting THAT much protein from them, and you are getting a bunch of carbos, if you use the bars. But, I personally love them, and find that they keep my sweet tooth under countrol. If you really don't like the bars, you might want to try vanilla with frozen fruit. I buy peaches, strawberries, raspberries & blueberries, frozen whole with no sugar. Mix them all up and make ziplock bags of mixed fruit (about 1 c. each). Pop one in the blender with a vanilla shake mix, add a big splash of fruit-flavored diet soda, and you have a delicious & filling smoothie. I think it's essential to keep things on hand that allow you to quickly and easily stick with the program and enjoy the process: individual flash frozen fish & chicken fillets that can be popped in the GF grill, ready-to-eat salad, a variety of frozen veggies, seasoning mixes (salt-free, of course!), and low-fat salad dressings. I looove raspberry viniagrette over red-leaf lettuce, celery, and a few strawberries. Sometimes I'll even toss in my grilled chicken, thinly sliced. I better stop....I'm making myself hungry!

Tami
------------------
237/212/150 25 down, 62 to go!
Old 06-07-2001, 06:54 PM   #79
Need Support

Default Lost another one

Hi Friends,
Who is it that was getting yelled at for exercising? I talked to my counsler and she said they can get fired for doing that.
If anyone is having problems with their counsler just get on the site laweight.com and tell!
I am sure it will be taken care of.
I am feeling great. I am so excited about this program.
I am so looking forward to New Years for the new me.
This is when everyone else will be starting their plan and all of us will have lost alot, hopefully.
Did anyone get a breathersize tape to exercise?
Didn't really turn me on.
Sharon
Old 06-08-2001, 08:46 PM   #80
Need Support

Default Exchanges for blueberry cookie?

Help!
I am filling out my diary and can't find the exchanges on the box for the blueberry cookies.
Does anyone know what they are. Just guessing I would assume maybe a S, and F and Fat?
I can't believe there are no exchanges listed on there. Unless I am blind.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Sharon
Old 06-09-2001, 09:08 AM   #81

Default Help!

Girls,
I need some ideas on how to restructure my food during the day.
I'm finding that if I eat a starch early in the day that I end up overdoing it on the starches for the day because I tend to want them later at every meal. I'm on the purple plan and trying to get back OP! I find that I do better in at the beginning of the day if I get a starch, because I feel like I have some energy, rather than eating my bar and a fruit or two. I was doing really well but have gotten off the program and want to get back on. My weight loss is slowing down and it's because I'm not "working the program".
I lost 3/4 of a pound this week and it's because I've not been watching ANYTHING I eat especially at night! Can you girls give
me an idea of what is working for you?! I feel like I'm starting all over again! I'm lucky in the fact that I'm still losing; even if it's only 3/4 lb. But I can do better!

Thanks for your help!!!!!
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 06-09-2001, 09:21 AM   #82

Thumbs up Urgent announcement!

We are in danger of losing our website! Go to the top of the forum for diet plans and take look at the "Announcement" from Jennifer and Suzanne, the girls who started this website! I hope this isn't the case. I really need you all!!!

Don't you think we need to start another web site. Maggie, I know that you've initiated the new thread the last time. Can anyone do it or do you have too?

Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 06-09-2001, 11:52 AM   #83

Default New forum

I've started a new forum at http://www.delphi.com/LAWL.

Delphi runs a great site--one advantage is that you can have various "folders" within your forum for posting. In other words, you might have "Recipes", "Success Stories", "Weight Loss Tips", etc., all within your forum.

You have to register to use the site, but it's really just a matter of selecting a forum name and password. I hope ya'll will check it out.

Tami
Old 06-11-2001, 12:35 PM   #84

Thumbs up

Hey everyone! Well had a rough weekend! Weighed this morning at home and gained 2 pounds. NOT GOOD! I have to go weigh in today and I know my counselor will be very diapointed. I went to the beach and really didn't eat that bad but drank beer. I am very swollen and can't get my rings off so I know I am retaining water. I am drinking the crap out of it right now. I may have done bad, but I will not give up. I am back on plan and gonna stay there. I feel so much better when I am on plan. Thanks Tami for making the new forum. I went and registered. I really need all of you guys. Anway..will let you know what the LA scales say this afternoon!
Have a great day everyone!
Marcie
Old 06-11-2001, 09:26 PM   #85

Well I did what I thought I did...I gained 2 pounds. My counselor was not happy! It is also that TOM so I told her that as well. She wasn't too upset with me. She asked me not to drink any alcohol until I lose 10 more pounds. I promised her I wouldn't. I bought the cherry jello today. Has anyone had that before? I hate thinking that I am paying 32.00 for a weeks worth of pudding, but I know it will be worth it down the road. How was everyone's weekend? Do y'all struggle on the weekends the way I do?
Marcie
Old 06-11-2001, 10:24 PM   #86

Thumbs down Bad weekend too!

Marcie,
I had a bad weekend too. I'm having some real hormone ups and downs. I'm really hungry and wanting "comfort" food!!! I gave into my urges this weekend....cheeseburgers, cake, french fries, etc.... I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. I'm not complaining!
Guess I'm going to get back OP. I made some chili from the recipe book and got me plenty of chicken and stuff to make the chicken stroganoff this week. I still say I'm going to get a George Foreman grill, but the cash just isn't there. It's taking all I've got just to buy the LA lites! I know what you're saying about 32.00 for pudding!!!!! 32.00 for candy bars!!!! But it's working so, can't get too upset! I didn't know they had jello and pudding.

Where has everyone been?! Hope everyone had a better weekend! Hang in there, Marcie!

Janie

Old 06-12-2001, 12:42 AM   #87
Need Support

Default Hi

Hi all,
I am working choir camp this week at church. Just like Bible School. I will have to leave for a half hour every other day to weigh in.
I have to weigh in tomorrow. Whose bars are $32.oo
Mine are $14.00 a box and two a week for $28.00
Although I bought the 30 week supply which the boxes cost $9.10 each for 60 boxes.
I figured I would follow the program for sure if I put out that kind of money. It is working pretty good.
Sharon
Old 06-12-2001, 09:44 AM   #88

Hey all! Well down 2 pounds on my scale this morning. Going back to weigh in today. My jello that I bought yesterday was $32.00 for 2 boxs. Now here's what I found out this morning..the serving size for jello is 1/4 a cup. the serving size per package is 1 cup. My counselor didn't really want me to get the jello and now I know why. B/c it lasts longer! I can get 2 days out of 1 package. Anyway..the cherry jello is very good. Has anyone ever told them that you were not going to buy the bars? I was just curious as to what they would say. Where do you guys get a cookbook? I'd love to have some new ways to cook chicken! Janie, you hang in there too! We can do this! Sharon, have fun at choir camp!

Marcie
Old 06-12-2001, 12:43 PM   #89

Default Cookbook

Marcie
I bought the cookbook at the center. It's pretty good. It at least helps when I don't have a clue what to eat. It's got some good chicken recipes with your veggies included.

I'm going to ask about the jello. That sounds like a wonderful idea. Cheaper in the long run too!

Catch ya later!
Janie

Old 06-12-2001, 06:43 PM   #90
Need Support

Default Hi All

Slipped out on Choir Camp for a few minutes to go and weigh in. Lost another 1 3/4 pounds.
Total of 30 3/4 pounds. Think I may have 3 others to sign up. I already got one person to sign up and I got $20 towards my bars and hopefully I will get these 3 others. I have been so excited about this lately. For a week or so I had a slow down, but now I am ready to go again.
Got the fax number for the center in Michigan by my Moms so I can go there while I am visiting her.
When I cook my chicken I put a bit of fat free Italian on it and doesn't taste bad.
Sharon
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.