3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #28

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2001, 09:01 AM   #16
Need Support

Default Veg Plan

Hi Karen,
Yes, I asked for the vegetarian plan and they were glad to give it to me.
It gives you more of a selection. Do you not live egg beaters if you can't have eggs?
I juiced Sunday and Monday and I will let you know how I did. I followed the program to the letter.
Even drank 150 oz of water the last two days.
I feel like I can finish this program. I don't know what it is but I just feel like nothing can stop me.
At least today.
I am going on vacation June 29 until July 15 to my mothers. Just my daughter and me. My son is on a baseball traveling team and him and my husband will be doing that for a couple of weeks.
I told my Mom last night since L A Weightloss is 5 minutes from her now she should join, at least 80 pounds to lose. She said she wasn't going everyother day to weigh in. I told her I drive 24 miles every other day to weigh in. I think that is part of why it is working , to stay accountable. I love it, and the counslers are so helpful, even if it is to give me a boost for the day. Not alot of compliments around here in the boonies.
I know what you mean about in-laws. I love my mother-in-law, but sometimes she says the stupidest things. Look at how fat that person it, or Wow! what happened to you. What size do you where now? Always talks about fat people. I asked my husband to listen to his mom sometime, because he didn't let it bother him, until he did notice her talking like that. My husband needs to lose too, he is very supportive of me. Always asks how I did.
I just love this board. So much support.

Barbygirl,
I got on to your web page and my computer keeps crashing when I get into. Does anyone else have that problem?
Sharon
Old 05-29-2001, 09:21 AM   #17

Default Good Morning!

Margaret,
I know what you mean! I'm beginning to slow down on my weight loss too, but it's because I'm not being really consistent. Right now, I'm so sick of chicken, turkey, lettuce, etc..... The thought of eating any type of "foul" really turns my stomach! I know that it does work! I go weigh today, but I'm not expecting any miracles! I haven't been using my diary either. I found that using my diary helped me to stay accountable.

Karen,
I also have inlaws who are not concerned about their weight and they wouldn't say anything unless I was noticably anorexic! Therefore, I've been very blatant about my weight loss. I'll pull my shirt up and show them my "big britches" and say, I'm 15 down! I wasn't really enthusiastic about doing it, but I've had to take my own feelings in my hands because it I didn't, I set and seethe over them not saying anything! I figure I can't hurt the relationship anymore than it's already suffering!

Sharon,
What does the veggie plan entail? I was looking at the veggie dogs this morning at the store and they looked pretty good. What about the carbs in the Morningstar brand stuff? I like the Morningstar buffalo wings, but I haven't ventured in to that arena for fear it wasn't really what I needed! I'm going to ask about it today, because, I'm losing my edge and got to get it back.!!!!!

hope you all have a great day!
Stay in touch!
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 05-29-2001, 11:50 AM   #18
Need Support

Default Weighed in

Did the L A Weight loss juice for two days and lost 4 lbs. They measured me today and lost 5 inches.
Total of 29 lbs and 12 inches in 8 weeks. I am so pumped.

Janie,
Just ask for the veggie plan, it is on a brochure. Basically you get more choice with your protein. You can have beans for protein. I like the Morningstar farms hot dogs. I can have two. I cut a piece of diet bread in half and put one hot dog on each and put mustard on it. I like to take little bites. Makes it last longer. I do that with the lalite bars to. Little bites and then drink water after each nibble.
Satisfies me.

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Since my daughter had her tonsils out friday it was easy to do the juice plan for a couple of days. You get juice, 2 bars, 6 oz. protein, 2 Vegetables, and all of the water you can drink.

Sharon
Old 05-29-2001, 11:55 AM   #19

Default Congrats!

Sharon,
Congratulations on you 4lbs and 4 inches! You met your goal! Did you have any problems? Doesn't sound like it!
I'll let you know about my weigh in this afternoon.
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 05-29-2001, 02:02 PM   #20

great Job ladies!

Sharon, thanks for the info I will ask for the veggie plan. I looked at egg beaters and I thought it said they were made with egg whites. I can't ahve eggs since I am allergic to them. It seems I can slip in a few but everyday is too much I will break out in hives, Yuck! On the red plan they suggested I ahve the egg in the Am for my 1/2 protein but I got sick.

Janie, thanks for the encouragement. I actually will bring it up that i ahve lost weight when people don't notice but thsi time I didn't. I am getting so happy because I am growing out of another size. I need a safety pin to hole my pants up. I tried on a pair I used to wear in Dec and they are so big 2 of me could almost get in them.

I can't wait till i weigh in tomorrow. I want to know how I did. I think I was ok.

Later!
Karen
Old 05-29-2001, 07:44 PM   #21

Default Veggie plan

I asked for the veggie plan. It looks like it would be good. They told me though that I couldn't go back and forth from veggie to regular. The only differences I see is the protein. I like LA weightloss but some of the things are a little wacky. Maybe, I've just been on too many weightloss plans. Right now I think I'd die if someone made me eat a piece of chicken though so, we'll see. Sharon, are you switching back and forth, eating protein from both plans? It doesn't seem like you could do much eating out though on the veggie plan unless you just had starch and veggie.

I bought some veggie hotdogs, burgers and buffalo wings today. Tonight I fixed a roast in the crockpot so I'm going to do that tonight.

I went up 1/2# today. Looks like I'm going to be playing with 232 for a while until I get back on track! Didn't make such good choices for lunch. They had cheese manicotti with alfredo/pesto sauce with garlic bread in the cafeteria to day. That looked much better than the chicken. I just couldn't bear a salad either.

I'm still doing my lites and drinking my water though. Tried to drink a regular Coke today and it was disgustingly sweet. That's good news for me! OH well you all may get sick of me, but I may be on here every hour on the hour, verbing to you guys. I'm at a minute by minute stage, hanging by my fingernails on the ledge.
I'm trying not to get too frustrated, because at that point I really don't do well.

To you all that are doing so well, keep up the good work!

Talk you later!
Janie

Old 05-29-2001, 09:08 PM   #22
Need Support

Default Re:Veggie Plan

Hi Janie,
Yes I do switch the plans ..They told me I could and I am losing.
When my daughter was having her tonsils out friday I didn't know we could be there possibly until 8pm
I ate eggs and toast in the cafeteria for breakfast. Took apples and my lites and water bottle with me.
At about 2pm I thought I would check out the cafeteria and it was closed until 4:30.
So I thought I could go to the snack bar. I was afraid what I might see there. Guess I could always go across the street to McD's to get their grilled chicken and a salad.
To my amazement they had grilled chicken sandwiches and also veggie burgers. Salads to with Fat Free dressing. Was I in luck.
Thank God for the snack bar at Maury Regional Hospital.
Just what I needed . Support!
I don't know why they told you that you could not split the plan. Maybe if it didn't work for you they did not want to be responsible. But it works for me.
Did you see that I lost 4 lbs with the juice in 2 days?
You said that they won't let you use it though.
Good luck.
Sharon
Old 05-29-2001, 09:33 PM   #23

Default Gonna do this!

Yes, I did see that you lost 4# on the juice. I'm frustrated but I can't say a whole lot because they have been so supportive. I'm just going to have to remind them to call the support line or whom ever they call to ask questions. Anyway, I'm very proud of you! You stuck to your guns and met your goal! You're an inspiration to me!

I'm going to do what you're doing with the veggie/reg plan. I'm going to hang it up if I don't get some change!
If I don't lose then it'll be my fault! I'm going to get back on track. If I don't get to do the juice, then OK. I'm afraid I might get hungry. Did you get hungry? I know you were busy with your little girl. The counselor I saw today was doing the juice. She said she was hungry.

Tomorrow I'm going back to Hopkinsville to a funeral for my friend's father. My day will be sorta screwed up. Gonna take my carrots, grapes, lites, and water with me.
I'll stop at McDs and get a chix sandwich with mustard.
I hope I'll be able to eat it. I'm PMSing this week! It just dawned on me why I'm feeling so "funky"!

Well, I've just got to get thru one day at a time. Thanks for the encouragement Sharon!
Janie

Old 05-29-2001, 10:16 PM   #24
Need Support

Default Traveling

Janie,
If you like mayo on you McGrill Chicken you can ask for light mayo and count it as your fat.
I toss half of the bun away too.
Have a safe Trip.
Sharon
Old 05-30-2001, 07:18 AM   #25

Default Thanks Sharon,

I agree, I think light mayo would be better. I'm grateful that you read my post. I suppose I've been a "poor little ol' me" mode the last few days. PMS!!!!!! Sometimes being a woman really stinks!!!!

Anyway, I'm going to see an old friend today whom I haven't seen in 20 yrs. It's exciting but I'm really nervous! I was 100# lighter then. I'm just hoping he doesn't get scared off! We're going to exchange pictures and just see what each other have been doing for the last few years. I'm looking forward to it but am a little apprehensive!

Wish me luck today! Found me some seedless white grapes (paid out the WAZOO) but it was worth it!!!!!!

Gotta have a positive attitude! Talk to ya later!
Have a great day!
Janie

Old 05-30-2001, 10:42 AM   #26

Hi all - just checking in to see how everyone is doing and how the holiday weekend went.

Welcome aboard Susie Q and congrats on your loss -

I haven't gone in for 9 days now and according to my scale am back up to 216.5 - sorry I can't remember who said it but they are right the program works if you stick to it and it is up to us to stick to it - so i have no one to blame but myself! I have to go and face the music and I know from the past that coming here first gets me motivated so in in advance a BIG THANK YOU AND HUGS to you all - just reading your challanges and triumphs motivates me (geez, I should just stay on the board all day , then I wouldnt fall of the darn wagon so easy!!) I guess I have to remember I can't change a life time of bad habits in a few weeks

Veggie Program - I too was told (when I worked there) that you cannot switch back and forth between veggie and non veggie program so its good to see they lightened up about that

Juice - how did it taste? is it worth it?

thanks once again for listening
Old 05-30-2001, 11:53 AM   #27

Hi, ladies!

I asked about the veggie plan. I already eat the veggie burgers so they definatley don't mind if we do both. I am gald to ahve soem more choices for the protein.

I weighed in today and lost 1 3/4 . I guess all te exercising I am doing is helping. I don't do enough to get to eat more food though.

Bela, don't bet yourself up just jump back on the program and forget about any slips you had. if you keep obsessing about when you make a mistake you might give up. Just forget it and try to do better.

Janie and Sharon how are you? You both seem busy.

Well, I better go now. My kids are busy so I am going to read for inspiration. it really helps me!

Karen

Goal:
100 Pounds By Sept 22
Old 05-30-2001, 03:34 PM   #28
choose it to loose it:)

Good afternoon everyone,

Well today is day 4 of the no back on plan and am doing wonderful. I am also on day 4 of the tri-max. I must admit that I was hungry the first few days I was on the tri-max but now I think that I am getting use to it. I do find that I do have more energy and on Sunday I was at 162.5 Tues 161.5 and now today I am at 161.0. So I think that it is doing me some good.

Janie, have they told you what the long term out come is on this take off thing?? I mean does the weight come back on right after you get off it?? I hope that's not the case. That would be very dissapointing if it did.

Well I best go.

Karen M
Old 05-30-2001, 04:13 PM   #29
Need Support

Default Juice

Hi Bela,
You asked if the juice was good. Didn't taste bad at all. It says on the bottle that you can lose up to 10 lbs. I lost 4lbs. So if it was worth it would be up to each person.
I was not hungry because I have been so busy this weekend.
I guess if you know exactly what you were doing the two days you were doing the juice is the best things.
If you were eating out that day it is not a good day to do it.
I will probably do it again. I believe they told me every 14 days but I think maybe one a month would be good.
Hope all are doing well.
Sharon
Old 05-31-2001, 02:12 PM   #30

Hi, everyone!

Hi, Karen M! I didn't know we had 2 Karen's. Great job!

Sharon, I boguht some veggie hot dogs lat ngiht and was excited to try them. I just realized a few minutes a go i bought them. I was so hungry after baby sitting I just had a Lean Cuisine. I may ahve them for dinner and let it be a fend for yourself dinner. i don't feel like cooking.

Janie, good luck seeing your friend. I know how that feels. I hate seing people who remember me as skinny.

Well, I better go now!

Karen
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.