3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LAWL Losers & Friends - April '05

Old 04-05-2005, 10:51 AM   #91
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Haylo~thanks for the hypothyroidism link and info. I have it too. I've been taking medication since about 1991. I never heard about the concern with Soy, but i was one of those who thought it was impossible to lose weight and LAWL has shown me that that is not true. I can't wait til my weightloss makes me have to take a lower dosage. I got a viral infection that attacked my thyroid and so it basically does not work so i produce no thyroid hormone.

It does feel good that people are noticing my weightloss but i've noticed that it's brought up some issues with me too. I was really uncomfortable when it was brought up. I think it'll take getting use to being thin when i get there. Know what i mean?

Fiona~really exciting about the house and the horse! Can't wait to hear all about it.

My 2 cents about the Knudsens juice instead of Take Off, i like the juice, i don't dilute it 1/1, i don't put as much water with it. But it doesn't seem to work like the TO for me.

Congrats to all the losers! I'll try to post more individually later. Be happy with all your efforts, no matter how big or how small.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #92
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

You all are not going to believe this (or maybe you will), but I just spent the last HOUR typing my post, then went to preview it and it disappeared and I got booted from 3FC. Don't quite remember what I said to everyone but I will give it a shot. This is a long one, I will warn you in advance.

Okay, my blues are gone. I want to thank you all again for your encouragement. You're awesome. I have finally caught up with reading all the posts. There are a LOT of new chicks out here. WELCOME TO YOU ALL.

Suzanne - I can totally relate to your plight. Impatience and self doubt are my 2 biggest problems. Losing weight is not an easy undertaking, which we all know. I got off track in part because I was not really seeing the type of results I thought I should be seeing for all of my effort. That way of thinking made it really easy to slip off plan and to stay off for an entire week. Someone made a great point when they said one lb lost is a step in the right direction, and that as long as they know that they are doing the right thing, eventually their hard work will show. AMEN Sister! Suzanne, keep up the great work and please keep sharing your experience.

Karen/RWF - Good luck on WW. My cousin has been doing WW the core since January 5 and she has lost 21 lbs so far. She said it is the easiest program she has ever tried.

MetalChick and Beverly - congratulations on your losses! Bev - I have been trying to figure out what 6WBMO is since I started posting here, and I still haven't a clue. Please explain?

Sy - Way to go on folk seeing your efforts. That must be the best feeling. I can't wait to get there. Soon...

Fiona - CONGRATS on finding the perfect house for your family. I pray that everything works out exactly the way you want it to. We have only been homeowners for 3 years and so far it has been an awesome experience. GL on the horse hunt. I was kicked by a horse when I was 6 years old, and haven't been near one since. It would be a kick to see one being born though.

Star - I am glad that your move went well. I am also glad you guys weren't the ones who broke the mirror. And about the veggie tray - that really might be the way to go, don't you think?

Mandy - your DS is a CUTIE PIE! He looks like a little angel. Thanks for your advice, and congratulations on making through Easter without a gain. One day at a time, one holiday at a time. Let's see, the next big holiday for us will be Memorial day. I know DH will be grilling and I know we will have guests dropping by. I should be okay, because I will be sure to have plenty of salads, the prerequisite veggie tray, and some fruits on hand. We shall see!

Julie - you were right on the money with your assessment of my attitude about the amount of weight I have to lose. I have 65 lbs to go (provided I haven't gained - which I probably have). The thought of having so much more to lose is daunting to say the least. I realize also that it is unreasonable of me to expect that others around me would change just because I have committed to this lifestyle change. I have to be strong and stay committed for myself, because no one else can do this for me. I can do this. BABY I'M BACK!

OK so tomorrow night is WI. Depending upon what the verdict is, I may be doing the Knudsen's over the weekend...we shall see.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #93

Carmen,
When I'm on plan and sometimes when I'm not I always take food to family dinners. My family is from the south and they don't cook 'healthy' by the plan standards (but the food tastes awesome). So I just take something on plan and eat more of that. I've noticed the younger relatives like my 'lighter' additions.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #94

Carmen, thank you for understanding what I was trying to say - I started off with over 80 pounds to lose, so I'm on the same journey. And truthfully, while I like the LAWL food plan in general, I am not sure I agree with their suggested 2 pound a week schedule - because someweeks I don't lose 2 pounds. . and then I feel like I've failed esp if I've been POP -- and I need to be POSITIVE about changing my habits and losing weight and getting fitter. (this is why one of my goals is to recognize non-scale victories). Also, we are the ones that have to change - if you look at the way a skinny person eats, they don't let other peoples expectations put food in their mouths

BTW, I am glad that you are no longer blue!

Michelle - you also brought up a point - that being thin will have other issues for me and I'll have to learn how to deal with them (hopefully, without food). .

Mandy, Star brought up a good point - you've lost about one THIRD of yourself!

Karen, it used to be in WW that they'd figure about 12 weeks to lose the first 10% - good luck! I like the WW plan in general, just got tired of going to the meetings.

Hugs,
Julie

Birthday goal (181.2-165)

Long Term Goal!

textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #95
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Star - my parents were both born and raised in SC. That's where a large portion of my family still is. That's where the horse incident occurred as well. So yes, I can relate about the southern cooking. Unless I'm following a recipe, that's really all I know. I try to make more healthy foods for the family during the week, but on Sunday I still have to burn, baby burn or there will be complaints from DH and my DS's. So on Sundays I end up cooking 2 separate meals, one for them and usually a dinner featuring a chicken breast on the Foreman grill for myself.

Julie - I noticed early on that you and I have similar goals. I think your end goal is a lot lower than mine though, and you are well on your way. You seem so well grounded and you always have such good advice for everyone. How long have you been on the program?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:26 PM   #96
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Julie...12 weeks to lose the first 10%...Oh no....
I think my main objective is to just get it off this time with a plan I can do...We'll have to see how it goes..I'm more hungry today than usual. Probably because I know I'm back on a plan....

If you go to provida.com you can read all about the 6wbmo. It's a hard plan to follow...

"If you keep doing the same things, you will keep getting the same results"

Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:36 PM   #97

Rusty - 12 weeks to lose the 10% for you would be 1.7 pounds a week, that isn't too slow ( or are you planning on speed-dieting this time?).

Carmen - I do the same thing, one meal for DH and the George Foreman chicken for me. Somtimes he will eat the GF chicken too, but gets tired of it as often as I eat it.
Also, I agree with you 100% about Julie being grounded and full of _____ oh I mean information....
Old 04-05-2005, 12:48 PM   #98

Carmen, thank you - not sure if I'm really that grounded - I started LAWL in early October - I'd had some lifestyle changes and put on too much weight - saw the commercials, and signed up. Then, thank goodness, I found 3FC, which has helped me enormously in figuring out some stuff about this weight loss journey. My weight has gone up and down since I was about 10. Now I'm 46. So what do I really want? What I'd really like is to be able to eat ice cream and cake all day AND to wear size 10's. I guess now I know that's not going to happen I really can eat ice cream all day, but not the size 10s. And I'm tired of feeling fat!

If you haven't yet, have you read Thin for Life? There is a separate thread on this book in the Maintainers area. It has lots of good stuff about making the transition between losing weight and maintaining weight loss.

I think one thing that about 3FC that has helped me is that we learn all about peoples lives outside the diet - and how the scale affects them up and down - when it's obvious from reading the posts how wonderful we all are. So the scale is just one part of our lives, but it seems to affect everything we do! I celebrate just as much with a scale loss and hate a scale gain as much as anyone. So I come here, and jump a little, or cry a little, and everyone reminds me that it's just water weight, or celebrates along with me! Now, how cool is that?

Julie

Long Term Goal!

Old 04-05-2005, 12:53 PM   #99

Star - smile when you type that ______. ..

Karen/Rusty - 17 pounds in 12 weeks - if you stick to your points you can do it! Also, make sure you eat your AP points (I know you're still doing that AM exercise, right) - everything I'm reading is suggesting that not eating enough is just as bad as eating too much. . .

About two dishes at one meal - I think that's the way it's going to be for life. . .Now why is it that Women Have To Cook Everything???

Long Term Goal!

Old 04-05-2005, 01:08 PM   #100

Fashionvictim,
Where in Texas do you live? That's cool that you and your mom both joined.....Welcome!
Old 04-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #101
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hello,
day two of the take off (knudsens) I usually don't have that hard of a time doing this for two days, but this morning I woke up and just felt like eating everything in the house. I lost about 1 pounds yesterday, so that is good.

Julie- I didn't dilute it. It says that 8 oz is one serving, so I just drank 8 oz 4 times a day. So there is a knudsens juice called Semi fast? I'll look for that one next time. I know that I've lost a good amount a weight. It feels great and I can't believe that I've done it. I'll just feel a lot better when I reach my final goal. I want to just make sure that I stick with this until the end. I don't want to give up before I get there, so I guess that is why I don't feel like a success (yet). You are also so right about being able to get back on plan after a holiday meal. This plan truly has worked for me and I'm so much healthier because of it. I have a lot of things that I've learned and accomplished over this past year. Also... thanks for pointing out that I've lost about one third of myself. That is crazy! I have a big german sheppard/collie. He weighs about 75, so I look at him and think I've lost a whole dog! Or x's 3 of my Son.

Peaceful- I used the supplements and bars about the 1st half of my program. At the time I thought they were helping because I was having great success. Well, now that I'm not taking them or using the bars... I'm having the same results. I think it is good to take a multivitamin though, but you don't need to buy them through lawl. Those counselors get commisions just remember that next time they are offering you something. (don't mean to sound negative, but this is just the lesson I learned with lawl)

Carmen and Julie- I was one of the girls that had a lot to lose also. Sometimes when I would get overwhelmed I would just think about the next 10 pounds. I always celebrated when I broke a ten pound barrier.... like 230, 220..... 190,180 etc. Right now I'm working on the 160 milestone. I was at 160.4 or something like that and then I had two bad meals one week. So now I'm back to 162.8. OH how funny!! It doesn't look so bad when I type it out. The past few days I've felt really disouraged because I've felt like I was sooooo far away from 160/159.8. It's not so bad. Anywho, that is what has worked for me.

Metalchic-Congrats to you!!! I hope to be where you are (only 5 lbs left) in about a month. Wish me luck!! I guess I didn't realize before that we had about the same starting weight and have a a similar goal weight. (mine was 155 then 140, and now I settled on 149) Anyway Congrats to you. I have about 13 pounds to lose right now. Do you feel that the last of the weight as been harder to lose or just about the same as before? I'm worried about hitting a plateau. It hasn't happened yet. So I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm getting a major headache it's probably time to eat again. I can't wait until tomorrow. I want some carbs! Or even a tomato or and apple sounds yummy.

Mandy
Old 04-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #102

Marisa,
I ask, becuz I lived in Katy (outside Houston) for 16 years and my younest son was born there - gotta love Texans! I have two nephews&wives in Ft Worth area too.
Yes, you can do Take Off without the LA Take Off Drink. You can replace it with the Knudsens Juice from the grocery store or I have heard of people doing it with canaloupe also.
Hope your mom joins us too - the more the merrier.....
Old 04-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #103

Mandy - I'd guess it's also the TOM monster - I'm facing the same thing - I want chocolate and lots of it. . .I am not sure about the Semi fast -the one I've used is called Simply Natural Breakfast Blend. . . I treat it like TO juice 1/2 c juice and then as much water as I want.

I am also trying to deal with smaller goals - otherwise 50 pounds left to go is a little overwhelming. My next goal is to try to lose 15 pounds by the time I leave for my summer travels (of course, I'm going on hold again, then). I feel like I've been on hold a lot this year.

One thing that I noticed the last time I lost down to the 140's - walk someplace on a street with lots of storefront windows. . .catch a glimpse of yourself - you look like all the rest of the skinny people on the street. I almost didn't recognize myself. Actually I didn't recognize myself. (it was very enlightening!)

Hugs,
Julie

Long Term Goal!

Old 04-05-2005, 03:32 PM   #104

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Mandy!

You will make it to your goal eventually....lol

I have noticed that the last of the pounds are taking MUCH longer to come off. I have been leveling out for about 3 weeks and then POW 2lbs gone, but 2lbs in 4 weeks sucks! I spoke to the counselor last week and yesterday about the leveling out. They were supposed to call the dietician last week but didn't, so maybe this week they might get around to it.

I actually run out of weeks last week. I know one thing, I am not paying for more weeks when I have been leveling out alot, and they didn't do anything about it. Actually, I have done everything they have told me. I have stayed on plan, and when I started the manager told me that they would continue to work with me until I lost the weight as long as I did what they said. So I don't think I should pay more. Not to mention the manager calculated my weightloss weeks incorrectly where I was 5 weeks short of my 90lb goal from the very beginning.

Anyways, everyone GOOD LUCK!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #105

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, I almost forgot.

I have NEVER used the Take Off, FB500, or the TRIMAX. When I did the medical questionaire, they determined that I couldn't do any of them. I have had an ulcer and high blood pressure. Although, my blood pressure is normal now they are not talking me into buying that expensive stuff.

I don't get pressured about the products; I don't even do the LA Lites at all. The most they might ask me is "Do you need anything today?"

I just eat according to the plan they gave me. I am on a modified purple plan. I get to have PP1/2, VVVVV, F, SS, and 12oz dairy or 3oz reduced-fat cheese (I don't drink milk or eat yogurt).

I also take birth control pills and an anti-anxiety/depression medication. They were also concerned about me losing the weight due to these medications. So far I haven't noticed any restraints due to my medications. I struggle real bad right before TOM... ugh-WATER WEIGHT GAIN!

By the way, someone was asking me about the new Gold Plan. Does anybody have the information that I can give her?

Thanks! Later!

Last edited by MetalChic : 04-05-2005 at 03:43 PM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.