3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - April '05 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/55674-lawl-losers-friends-april-05-a.html)

Star 04-04-2005 01:09 PM

Afternoon chicks!

First, Geez I go away for a couple days and all the excitement happens......WELCOME to all you new chicks! Hope you find it fun here and if you learn something along the way then that's good too....lol For me, this site makes me feel really normal, like I'm not the only once trying to get the weight issue under control.

Second, thanks to all the well wishers regarding my move. WOW is that moving ever a good butt kicking (maybe that should be on the Exercise Yard post?) We did really well, Two Men and A Truck said we should of had Three Men and A (bigger) Truck...haha They got the job done and only one mirror got broken. DH and I worked all weekend arranging, unpacking boxes, etc. I think we have afew items of furniture to take up north and about 12 boxes left to unpack. Ofcourse none of the wall hanging stuff is done. Even though I got rid of alot of stuff beforehand I still moved too much. So more stuff goes to garage sale!
On a fun note, we locked ourselves out of the apartment this morning at 6a.m. Had to have our neighbor (who we didn't know yet) call the manager at the emergency number and come over and let us in.....lol We have the door going to the garage that locks automatically. The neighbor says he's done it and so does everyone....So today I had a key made to keep in the garage just incase.......oh and we both had on our sleep stuff......
Well, good to be back chicks - later.....again welcome to the new chickees.....

textjewel 04-04-2005 01:29 PM

Hi - may have to cut this short -I've got a telephone man coming to change my service. .

Michelle - how nice that Bruce got in touch with you. And also nice that people are beginning to notice all your hard work. I'm having lunch on Friday with people I haven't seen in a while; hopefully, they'll notice the same for me.

Star - I hope the movers broke that mirror. I've also locked myself out of an apartment, and had to climb through the window. (I stepped on a spare tire to get the height - and was black and blue afterwards.)

Beverly - if I were you I'd buy those jeans in every color they come in!

Sy - that is one thing I love about the south. I was around Savannah GA in the first week of February a couple of years ago - the azaleas were about to bloom THEN. That was when I first started dreaming about living in the south. (do you have 3 sisters?)

Hugs to all!
Julie

SyracuseNY 04-04-2005 02:35 PM

Julie: I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers (my oldest sister passed away 3 years ago so I'm not use to using the number 4, has always been 5 sisters), and me of course. So, I have 2 healthy brothers, 2 healthy sister's and 2 sister who have MS. One is in a nursing home and she's only 54, the other still lives at home with her DH, although she is wheelchair bound, she still has use of her hands and upper body and hasn't got much worst over the past few years. TG for that. Enjoy the blooms. I did see a few buds popping out of the ground, and the trees are budding. So happy it's Spring!

Michelle: When it rains it pours when it comes to guys from what I remember. If I wasn't dating anyone, there was no one around. As soon as I started dating, I had several offers. Good luck with Eric, sounds like Bruce is a nice guy with issues? You can always stay friends, right!?

Star: LOL! about getting locked out. What a way to meet your neighbors. Great that you have a summer home to put the extras at until you have time for a GS. Man, I can't believe how fast it has all happened. I'm sure your glad the major part of that is over.

Hey, we are missing a few ladies. Karen/Rusty are you out there? What about Athena, haven't heard from her in a while either. Hope you ladies are doing okay. I know there are more, my mind just went blank.

Catch you all later. ~Sy~

mandyd26 04-04-2005 02:44 PM

Hello,
So today I'm doing take off. Has anyone tried this with knudens juice instead of the Take off juice? I saw it posted somewhere on the forum and am trying it today and tomorrow. If it works as well as the take off, I'll be happy because I can save money, but upset because of how much they overcharge for this stuff at LAWL.

Sy-Thanks for your comments. I guess I should realize that we are all in this together, so it's a good thing to be able to post about your Weight Loss journey and be able to read others. I will feel free to post long posts from now on. :)

Mitchypoo-Congrats on people noticing your weight loss. I didn't have people make comments until I had lost about 30 to 35. That was really hard for me. The majority of the people that have made comments didn't start making them until I had lost 50 or so. Now that I've lost 75 (now 72) I have people making comments every time they see me again. So I feel like this year of work as finally paid off. Keep it up! :)

Julie-Sting was great! His voice is even more amazing and pure in person. He sang a lot of police stuff. I only know the really popular police songs, so I found myself not know a lot of the stuff he sang. It was still great though. So I did really well with my eating all day, but my friends decided on mexican food for dinner. Now I know there were things that I could have ordered that would have been healthier for me, but I just went for it and had a regular old meal. Although I didn't eat all of it. So today I'm up 2 pounds!! That is why I decided to go ahead and try take off again. Maybe it'll get me that jumpstart and get me under 160. That would be great. I'm at 163.4 now though, so I don't know if it will. Last time I did it I lost 6 pounds (the most I've ever lost) I don't know if that'll happen again. I'm also glad I'm not the only one with the scale obsession. I know that it helps me stay on track an realize what not to eat next time, but I hate that it can control my mood. Although I wasn't upset at the 2 pounds gain today, so maybe I'm getting better with it.

Mrssmiley- Welcome :) I love your Eeyore. Congrats on the weight loss. That is great that you are doing it as a family. That will help you out so much. It's great to have that family support. I know what you mean about getting different answers from counselors. You'll just have to find one that you can trust and always try to get the same one.

Sy-thanks for the hot dog tip. I will try to find some of those the next time we have a get bbq get together at our house. I'm a sucker for a good sausage/hot dog. Good to know their are healthier options.

Ok I'll talk to you all later.

Mandy

vibrantecho 04-04-2005 03:06 PM

Hey gals...it's official (almost)...

We're.
Buying.
A.
HOUSE!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Finally found one that is absolutely perfect for us, and the price is right, too, so I think we are going to be making an offer this week. EEEEEEEEK!!!!

Fiona

textjewel 04-04-2005 03:26 PM

Fiona - you go girl!

Mandy - Yes, I've used the Knudsen's juice a few times for TO. I commend you for choosing something that you wanted for dinner, instead of what you thought you should have had. Now, you know that it's just water weight (and you've got TOM creeping up on you, too?) - so do you do the hot lemon water?? I'm so glad that you enjoyed Sting - it must have been AWESOME. (He does the one about something like Field of Gold, right? I just melt at the music, even though I don't know the words)

Michelle, I also haven't had very many people say anything about my weight - although I'm hoping that now the weather is getting warmer, and I'm not draped in sweaters - SOME improvement will show.

Sy - what a big family! I only have 3 sibs - 2 brothers and 1 sister - but we are all within 5 years - so we're pretty close. I feel very lucky that I'm so close to my family and we all get along well. Did your DS have to change her house to handle the wheelchair?

Julie

Star 04-04-2005 03:57 PM

Hey chicks - it's 63 degrees here and Sunny..........yes!
Julie - the movers broke the mirror, but it was just a cheap full length one, no major deal.....
Sy - I must of missed your post are you in a run for MS? Congrats on being back down, but you have worked so hard, you deserve to be at goal! I'm rooting for you chick!
Mandy - Really cute picture of you and cutie boy! We love you success story, that's what we all want to be able to have one day! I love hearing it all, to the silliest little detail. And YES we have all done the Knudsens juice.
Fiona - Way to go with the house! Will we be seeing you on House Hunters? I love that show, I just wish they would give city names and house prices. AND I really wish that Susan Wong would gain alittle weight......lol
More MIA - Marcie, Tammy, Megs......Like you Sy, I'm sure there are more - Where are they now?

textjewel 04-04-2005 04:26 PM

Yeah, and whatever happened to my birthday buddy, BRITT???? She must have gotten lost in scrapbooking!

Star 04-04-2005 04:32 PM

Yeah - there are so many that have come and gone, it's hard to remember them all by name, but Britt was a good ole TN chickee........
And Megs is probably jogging around the United States or something........
Marcie got a job on the food channel with her famous recipies
Rusty is doing the Nascar circuit since she got her DH a pit crew job for Rusty Wallace.

Star 04-04-2005 04:39 PM

64 degrees here in Michigan and :devil: my motorcycle is up north

Chklithunder 04-04-2005 04:42 PM

Hi Everyone, and A BIG HELLO to all the new ladies.

I have been quasi-MIA (lurking is more like it), for a couple of reasons.
:comp: #1 - WORK! Whoo WEE!! :comp:When projects come near due, it really is crunch time isn't it? I am trying to stay caught up with the posts, but there are so many out here it gets a bit difficult for me. Sometimes I think I suffer from adult ADD. Seriously.

:devil: #2 - I'VE BEEN BAAAAD. :devil: Today is my first day being POP in more than a week. When I am not being true to myself I feel unworthy of posting here. I have tried all weekend to stay OP, but it was a very social weekend for me, :hat: and I found myself caving in, too often. Which brings me to a question (you guys know I love my questions): Does there ever come a time when you feel that you've truly got the hang of staying OP? When you don't dread social occasions for fear of slipping? When you feel that you totally understand the lifestyle change and you know you will be able to stay committed to it?

Not sure if the answer to that one even exists. But, today is a new day and I have done a great job with today. I guess the most I can say about this past week is "what's done is done" or "Life Happens" and move on. But wow do I feel like a failure right now. Sorry you all, I don't mean to be a killjoy, just venting a little. I probably should've put this one in my journal instead of out here.

Oh well...Here's to the rest of the day POP.

textjewel 04-04-2005 05:04 PM

Carmen, sweetie, I feel your PAIN!!!!

Never feel bad about being off plan - we all have done it -- we call it LIFE happens. I am not sure if I will ever really get the hang of doing it automatically. . . but I do think we have an opportunity to try to get it right every time we lift our hands to our mouths. . .At some point, it's really what we want more. And sometimes I just want the sugar more. Luckily, I haven't had a real range of bad days lately (vacations are different, right?)

How long have you been on the program? Truly, I found that once I started making the tough decisions when I was eating with friends and continued to make them for a while, it did get a easier to stick to the right decisions. But, if I have an opportunity to try something I don't get very often (like Easter) then I don't blow a gasket - Easter only comes once a year.

I journal too - it helps me keep on track -

Hugs,
Julie

Chklithunder 04-04-2005 06:02 PM

Julie - thanks for the encouragement. To answer your question, I've been on LAWL for about 8 weeks. For me, the past week has been more a comedy of errors than anything else. For instance, I need to go grocery shopping and have been too much of a social butterfly to go and get the healthy things I need to eat. And then when I am out someplace, there are no healthy choices. I tend to do well at restaurants, because I love grilled seafood. I ALWAYS order the grilled salmon salad whenever I go anywhere. If they don't have salmon, I order the chicken instead and just pretend. Not a biggie there.

I get in trouble whenever I go to anyone's house. Saturday I went to my DBro's house for a night of pool, cards, music, games, etc. I had one beer (not bad), and some tortilla chips with salsa (not too bad), and PIZZA. I should have gone home (better yet to the grocery store). Every day this past week has been similar to that.

I suppose I really need to learn how to separate having a good time from eating. Either that or carry a veggie tray in my car trunk 100% of the time. You are so right that it is usually just a basic decision about what we want more at the time. I need to keep that thought in the front of my head instead of the back of my mind. Maybe I should tattoo some inspirational thoughts to my forefinger and thumb so that everytime I go to put my hand to my mouth I can reinforce what I already know?

Thanks again for the encouragement. I plan to go to WI Wednesday night. I know I will show a gain (I earned it). But at least then I will know the extent of my damage, and it will likely be that much more motivation to get back on track and stay that way.

haylo921 04-04-2005 06:43 PM

Hello everyone, well today was my first day of the two day express. It has been different from what I am used but not to hard to do, although I do find myself wanting to eat carbs.

Fiona: congratulations on the house

Mitchypoo: you should be proud that people are starting to take notice in your weight loss, it is hard work and I am sure you deserve the recognition.

Mandy: what is this about Knudsens juice? it it something you get in the store? I have a friend who wants to follow the LAWL plan, but can't afford to go to the center, so I am planning on helping her along.

Fashnvictm: I have done some research on the internet hypothyroidism, because that is what I have also. Some of the internet articles that I have run across, suggest that new research has been done or continue to be done on the intake of soy. I am not to sure but I think it (soy) can interfere with thyroid function so if you have hypothyroidism it is probably not wise to take in a lot of soy. There is an internet site called: www.thyroid-info.com it is very informative and has lots of articles on it about thyroidism. One of the articles I read recently titled A weight off my Mind, Thyroid/Autoimmune Diet Newsletter is addressing LAWL and how it is actually one of the best diets for people with thyroidism. The author also states : "don't get nervous about the soy protein contained in the protein bars (la lites)- they don't contain isoflavones (the hormonally active part of soy). and don't appear to interfer with thyroid function. She also stated that she has not had any problems with the bars. :D :?:

I have heard that the isoflavone part of the soy is the ingredient that interfers with you thyroid function.

The author of the article is Mary Shomon, she has a book out titled: The Thyroid Diet, she references this book in the article stating that the diet plan that she has in her book was actually taken from LAWL. I have to book, it is informative, I don't know if it talks about the soy thing but I will look and let you know.

I hope this helps: I am planning on asking them some questions tommorw when I go in about these bars when I go in to get my meal plan. I don't know if they will be able to answer my question about whether or not these bars have isoflavones but it will be interesting to find out.

I hope this information helps you.

Janelle

mandyd26 04-04-2005 09:14 PM

Hello-

Julie-You know I actually didn't even think about it being water weight that I gained. I'm just so obsessed with the number on the scale that sometimes I just get irrational.I think I need a reality check. Thanks for giving it to me. I always forget about the hot lemon water. It probably would help me feel less bloaty while doing the take off.

Haylo- I'm actually just trying it for the first time. I read on a post somewhere on the lawl forum (of course can't find it again) that knudsens juice can be a good replacement for the Take off juice.... So I went to the health food section in my grocery store and there it was! It was 2.50 a bottle. There are 4 servings in one bottle so I bought two of them. Still $5 is a lot better than $25. Anyway, I will let you all know if it works for me. It seems like it must work though, looks like lots of others have done the same thing. Also there were a few different kinds of the juice. The label on the one I got said Simply Nutritious vita-juice. It looked to have the most vitamins etc.. It also tastes exactly like the take off juice to me.

Starlynn-Thanks for the comment about my cute little boy. :o He is a cutie. Also I don't feel like I'm a success story yet. I hope to feel that way soon. Probably will feel better once I reach my goal. Isn't it funny how we can never seem to be satisfied.

Carmen- I am so there with you on this comment..... "I suppose I really need to learn how to separate having a good time from eating." That has been my BIGGEST obstacle. Have lost about 75 lbs and it is still a problem. I did great this Easter though. That was a huge deal for me. I hadn't survived one holiday or occasion since being on LAWL without gaining at least a pound. It's a hard one to overcome, but we can do it... Right? :) As far as feeling like I've got the feeling of staying OP. I don't know if it'll ever be easy. I know that I know how to eat healthier now and make better choices though. Also we should try not to be afraid of slipping we should just tell ourselves we aren't going to. That has been another struggle of mine. I feel like I'm getting better at it though.

Also to those of you have have used knudsens.. did you feel that it worked about the same as the take off? Just curious. I'm already almost done with day one. I'll be interested in seeing what the scale says tomorrow.

Talk to you all later!

Mandy