Old 04-01-2005, 02:50 PM   #16  

Sy - good luck at WI.
Mandy - Really enjoyed your post. It wasn't too long, it was just packed with good stuff! Thanks for your advice to me!
Keri - I just saw your picture and your hubby/bf? I don't know where it is or how I got there but I found it. Your were hugging hubby/bf.
Fiona - I love Applebee's.......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #17  

Mandy - lot's of good things. And I guess one tangible thing I can relate to right now is that my size 20 jeans are really too big. And that it is really all within us. All of us have to reach that point as to whether the off plan foods are worth it, according to where we are in the journey. (Sometimes that just says 'go for it')

(Star, I finally took my measurements so I have a baseline for May 1st - now why is my right leg one inch bigger all around?). I also think that you should wait until after you come back before rejoining - although with your horror stories, I'm not sure what you'll be getting out of it. Did you give up on the calorie counting idea?

Fiona - I like applebee's too.

Sy - my fingers are crossed for you.

The other thing I've been wondering about are 'planned weeks of LAWL' - maybe at that 30 pound mark??? Sort of like a vacation, and when you come back you're recommitted. .

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:19 PM   #18  

Julie - It is not uncommon for one leg or arm to be alittle bigger than the other. Like I'm right handed and use the calculator alot. My right arm is in better shape than my left. ( I know that sounds silly ) If you work out enuf at some point they will even out (or so says the mighty PT).
About me going back, I'm not sure it's a good thing either. But I did give up on counting calories (too much work). I'm at the point where I want to jump back on the wagon and drop this last bit of weight. Becuz this weight loss journey won't be over til I make it to goal.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:44 PM   #19  

Star - I am VERY right handed - so I know what you mean - my ring sizes are smaller on my right hand, etc.. I was just surprised that there was that much difference between my right and left legs. I'm thinking that I may actually have more muscle (ha) in my right leg since I probably favor it. Thanks for the hint from your PT (I'm beginning to think I should chip in on your fees).

About the calorie counting - it is boring - it is much easier to follow the LAWL exchanges - have you thought about just doing that, and adding in about 350 cals somewhere to replace the lites?
Old 04-01-2005, 03:59 PM   #20  

Julie - When the PT told me they would even out I didn't really believe him. I thought I should work the more flabby side alittle more. Lo and behold, he was right, I never did do extra sets for the flabby arm but somehow it is looking more like the 'good' arm...
About going back/not going back to Center of doom, I think I need the counslors treating me like a stepchild if I got off plan. I don't know that I would be hard enuf on myself to do plan without having to weigh in front of someone. Maybe I should just set a date and try it for a week or maybe till the 14th, afterall I know the plan and I have you chicks.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #21  

Star - just goes to show that an expert really does know more after all.

Why don't I nag you on 4/18 - and then you can try to go back on plan for a week on your own? (not that I'm encouraging you to go and eat french fries for the next two weeks.)

Last edited by textjewel; 04-01-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:38 PM   #22  

Julie - About the PT, maybe that certification means something afterall....tee-hee

I will take no offense to you being my personal nag. Start nagging on Monday, I'm ready to start prior to vacation. Since you do so good on plan, you have the right to nag me.....thanks.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:38 PM   #23  

Well it's time to take my April Fool's Day ticker down, it was fun while it lasted.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #24  

Star - I'm not sure that I'm doing that good, since the scale is sitting in this 3 pound range. . . but we can nag each other. I am trying not to obsess, since tomorrow is my last day on the prednisone - and then hopefully, things will start to move again next week.

I hope your moving day is full of strong, good looking guys. . .
Old 04-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #25  

Julie - You are doing great and I like all that you are learning (& sharing Cliff notes with us). Like you have said victory is not all shown on the scale.
Thanks for the good wishes about the move. If things get bad I can always ask DH to do the Michael Jackson moonwalk for me (always makes me laugh so hard).
I'm leaving my ticker so I can just put the right numbers in on Monday - meaning weighing and that is a scarier thought than moving.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Last edited by Starlynn; 04-01-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:59 PM   #26  

I think you should video tape it!

Thank you -- I still have to continually remind myself about non-scale progress . . .
Old 04-01-2005, 05:02 PM   #27  

When I'm sick, mad, sad whatever he moonwalks and it is hilarious......
I'm out - catch you Monday......
Old 04-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #28  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Default Size confusion

Hello again,
Ok here is my question/problem. I started out at a snug size 20. I am 5'7" and I weighed 235. Now I'm at 160 and here I am fitting in to 10's and even some 8's. The eights have to be stretch jeans (levis or something like that) or dress pants. So today I go to the store and just for kicks and giggles try on a size 6 pair of dress pants and I swear I'm not lying... They fit!! Now I know that I'm not a size 6. I'm having a hard time even believing I'm an 8 or 10. I'm 160 and 5'7". I shouldn't be fitting in to these small of sizes. It's driving me crazy though. I don't know if I'm crazy or if all of the stores are trying to trick me into thinking I'm smaller or what. Now I know that the stretch factor on pants are helping me out a bit. I've got some curves, but I still shouldn't even be able to pull a size 6 dress pant up over my thighs and hips. Ok I'm done obsessing for the moment.... Just wondering if any of you have had some similiar experiences with sizes. Talk to you later.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:57 PM   #29  

Default Introducing myself!

Hi,

I've been lurking for a few days and thought I should actually register and say hey.

I'm 33 years old, married, with two kids: boy 13, girl 9. I'm an internal auditor at a large state bank.

I started LAWL last week and have lost 4.4 lbs so far. I am 5'1" and my goal is 120lbs.

I'm doing LAWL without the LA Lites, so I am on the purple plan (without the Lites). They started me on yellow, but since I refused the bars, they needed to add some extra food so I wouldn't starve to death. They weren't happy that I didn't want the bars, but they were the ones that said they were optional.

So far I haven't had any problems. Its certainly enough food to keep me satisfied, and I haven't had any uncontrolable cravings yet.

Mandy - I do know that when I was a size 8 I could fit into some 6's and even the occaisional 4. I also fit into some 10's. It really depends on the brand name and the cut. For example: Old Navy sizes are cut bigger than Gap. As a side note, my husband came accross a 1967 sears catalog when he was cleaning out his mother's house. The women's clothing sizes went from size 8 to size 18. The size eight measurements were the same as what a size 2-4 would be now. (waist: 23-23.5" hips: 34-34.5) I know that I was not that small in a size 6 not so long ago. There wasn't anything smaller than that, and there were no "plus sizes". Also, there were no juniors clothes. It went straight from girls to womens. Cool to look at old stuff like that.
beancounter_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:15 AM   #30  

Good morning chickies,

Hi Beanie! (if you don't give us your real name, you'll be stuck with that!) If you've been lurking on the boards, now you know all about us! We're usually pretty quiet on the weekends, but still some of us pop around and check in.

Mandy, it is true. (The stores do realize that a size is a mental thing, and if you can get in a smaller size, you'll buy it) The last time when I was at 140's I was wearing 6's and 8's in pants, and the occaisional 4 on top. That was why I didn't think I wanted to really go below 140 for a goal weight. I mean, what was the point? Every store has different 'size models' and there are definate differences in cut. Buy them, enjoy them! Also, the other thing I found is that the 10 pound rule = 1 size isn't as true when you're smaller - when you reach goal, you really may be in more 6's than 8's - depending on how your weight is distributed.

Hugs and skinny vibes to all!
Julie