LAWL Losers & Friends - April '05

You're on Page 11 of 53
Go to
  • Whats all this talk about boobs?

You guys are so dang funny. I"m happy to say I still have nice full perky boobs - size 36 C. WHOO HOO. The reason is probably because I have always worn a good bra day and night. I have supported them always (lol) Okay lets get serious here.

Had a much better day today then the last two. My hubby said I was actually cussing in my sleep last night saying "Get the XX%&*$()#@ out of my office."
    Yikes huh. IT was a zoo and this one person kept talking and talking and I was trying to meet a deadline and I didn't care what he had to say - I didn't even look at him but he kept on and on and on. I'm a pretty patient girl but underneath - well I must of exploded in my sleep . No wonder I felt so much better. Actually when that same person came in today I had to chuckle to myself - thinking of what I said in my vocal dreams (Lol)

If you want to see what I look like you can go to www.crandon.k12.wi.us - My cheeks are pretty red - but not usually. Must of been the lighting.
    and look under District Office. - There I am ! And thats what I look like. THe other gal is the one that can eat and eat and eat and is rail thin - I know I know not normal. (Lol)

Today is WEdnesday - no exercise night (freebie) - Enjoying it too. I did laundry, baked a scrumptulous dessert, did dishes, etc etc. Now I"m just relaxing for a bit.

Did pretty good today but unfortunately had to sample the dessert I made and of course the sample had to be cut straighter and straighter so it looked nice. By the time I got done it was about 2 inches by 2 inches - and dang I only wanted a taste. Well at least it wasn't 4 inches by 4 or worse - right? Now don't tell me thats okay - tell me to knock it off - will ya or You'll do that!

Okay I"m gonna get going since I got my two cents in about boobs (Lol). You guys are soooooooooooooooo funny!!!!!

Happy Thoughts!!!!!!
  • danbasi-Welcome to LAWL and this site. I'm new to this site, but I've been doing lawl for about a year. I started on the purple plan. I'm pretty sure that if you aren't taking the lites you should substitute them with a protein (not a full serving though). So I would go with what the first counselor told you. I started off by using the lites and now I don't. I either substitute string cheese or another type of protein bar from the grocery store. I think it's wonderful that this site exists also. I've only been posting for a little under a week now, but it has already helped me out so much.

Haylo-With the new free to live plan they say you don't have to take the carb ender supplements with the carb craver meals. I don't think you ever actually had to, but of course I bought into it for most of my program. They now say that they are just suggested. I though have found that I don't lose as much weight when doing the carb craver meals, so I try to just limit them to 1 or 2 times a week. Also make sure to drink a lot of water after those meals.

Talk to you all later!

Mandy
  • Beverly-You look every bit as thin as the other ladies in those pictures. You're a very pretty lady! I imagined you to look like a mountain woman, with all of your bear stories. Also about the boobs. I wish I had your luck! I'm 26 and am already feeling like saggy sue. I now wear a 36/34 DD. They were around 40 DDD at my highest weight. Anyway, now I would say they are still large, but I feel sort of normal. They are not perky though and I don't think they ever will be again. I thought this happened later in life! Oh well.

I have a question for everyone. I'm getting a little worried about myself and wonder if anyone else ever feels like this. I'm starting to feel guilty for even eating OP. I made a taco salad today (totally OP) and felt like I shouldn't be eating it. I also sometimes think it's ok to skip a fruit because that is less calories. I know this is totally irrational and that I need to eat balanced and not starve myself. (don't worry I'm not doing that) but I've been having this challenge lately. I guess I'm either totally crazy paranoid about eating OP or I'm cheating and gaining weight. Where is the happy medium? I think this has developed recently the closer I get to my goal the crazier I get.

Anyway, that is all for now. Talk to you all later.

Mandy
  • danbasi: Welcome to LAWL. I am not on the purple plan, I am on the red plan, but from what I understand it seems like there would be a substitution for the LA Lites. I know when I went in to ask them question about it, they said that there was substituion for those people who can not eat them for whatever reason. I agree with Mandy I don't think that any plans have additional food that would replace them.
  • Bev: You are beautiful! I love seeing what everyone looks like. I had the same image in my head (like Mandy) of what you looked like by the bear stories. LOL!

danbasi: Welcome!

Fashion: IMHO, if I was your Mom, I would go to the VA or give her doctor a call and ask that they give her or send her (or fax to LAWL) a note of authorization. I'm sure she would have better luck at getting the authorization than LAWL would. Or, I would go to LA and demand my money back, that will surely get their attention! Sometimes we have to take the bull by the horn and handle things on our own. I guess I would sent the email to the LAWL website too. I'm too stubborn to allow things (like others peoples lack of concern) to get in my way when I set my mind at doing something, and when my money is involved - WATCH OUT! Good Luck and let us know how you/Mom make out.

Mandy, I agree that veggies would be the thing to eat if all your food is gone for the day. In the summer months when they are fresh, I use radishes as my filler in the evenings. Carrots are a great choice (just remember that carrots are the veggies that we should have the smallest amount of when it's out veggie choice). I think that something 'green' would be a better choice.

Haylo: I know that locally Oscar Myer has some ham that is labled "low sodium". As far as the deli counter, I'm sure if you ask - they can tell you if they have something that is low in sodium. Locally, we have Plainville Turkey - No Salt coldcuts in our deli. Tastes just like fresh turkey that I cooked myself (but I can buy it by the 1/4 lb). I know that LA will insist that you take Carb Enders when you choose a Carb Craver meal (especially if you happen to gain that day). My sister who has made her goal never used any supplements and would have Carb Cravers at least twice a week. Enjoy! If you think you need them, purchase them at WalMart or anyplace else but LA as you can get them for 1/2 the price. And, of course - expect LA to tell you that those don't work and you should be using theirs. You know the usual sale/commission type talk.

Another way to handle being out of food for the day and still hungry. Choose different proteins. I think the chicken fills me up the best and that is the main reason why I make that choice. When I eat fish, I'm hungry a hour later. Carb Cravers like pasta make me hungry shortly after too. Try switching what and when you eat during the day. I always save my LA Lite for the evening because I know that I will be starving when I come home from the gym. I try to eat it the closest to 7:00pm as I can so I won't be hungry before going to bed. The main point around having a limited amount of food is to teach to new eatting habits so you don't eat just because we are bored. It's a hard habit to break. Make sure you measure you food too, because you can over do, but you can also underestimate what your eatting. I mean, 5 ozs of chicken is a lot - it's like 1 1/2 chicken breast. Other diets consider a protein as 3 ozs. I'm on the Blue/Gold plan but I know that the Red and Purple plans, proteins are more ounces. Hope that helps.

Sy
  • Good Morning Chickies!

Welcome Newbies!

danbasi, I do NOT eat the LA Lites, and I am on Purple. The adequate amount of protien is included in the Purple. If you were eating the LA Lites, they would reduce your plan to another color; for instance, Gold or Blue.

Fashnvictm, I actually had to call and talk to the nurse at my doctor's office to get the form signed and returned. The doctor's office had the information and were not getting it back. I was worried that if it went on any longer that I would chicken out......

Mandy, don't fell guilty for eating on plan. I know sometimes with what I eat I can't believe I am on a diet.

Haylo, you don't have to take the CarbEnders with a Carb Craver meal; but what I do is buy a comparable supplement that costs MUCH LESS. I go to the deli and have them tell me the sodium content before I have them slice my lunchmeat. I usually get roast beef which has about 300mg of sodium per 3oz serving or turkey that is about the same. Our bodies have to get used to the different foods and portions and adjust, it is normal to be hungry for awhile. I suggest eating high fiber foods from your list; for example, grain bread, brown rice, wheat pasta, broccoli, and etc., to keep you fuller longer. If you still are hungry a serving of vegetables is not going to hurt you. Most vegetables are fat free and have very few calories.

Have a great day chickies!
  • Good morning, chickies!

Beverly, you do not look like an apron grandma at all! About dreams - isn't it wonderful when you can get all that anger out and never have to deal with the consequences! Tsk, tsk about the cake. . . now, who else will eat this luscious desert that you've made? Do you bring it to the office so that rail-thin co-worker can eat it?

Haylo - I don't do the carb cravers (and I don't do the carb enders) - I usually have a LC for that carb need - even if it counts for a P and a S. I find most of my meals are pretty plain - usually a P, lots of Vs and some sort of starch.

danbasi - glad to see you here on our main thread! How much weight do you have to lose? If it's over 40 pounds, the purple plan is probably the right plan for you WITH LITES. If you're confused, please ask the question to your conselour in as many different ways as you can think of to get the answer that you want. Explain that you were given two answers and you can't figure out how they work together. Your center needs to know that it's giving out unclear info. What I think happens is that for those people who do not do the lites (either by choice or because of medical reasons) are moved to a higher plan - meaning one that has more servings, and bigger protein servings. If they ever ask you where you got certain info that you're asking about -- like we've suggested something here on the thread - just say you have a friend following LAWL in a different part of the country, and they mentioned what ever you are asking about. (does this make sense? I just read it, and got confused )

Fashionvictm - I would definately contact the main office via the website, and tell them. However, there could be a good reason that they could not get back to your mom - the office could be short staffed, it could be really busy --- plus, it could just be that anything out of the ordinary throws them for a loop! Did your mom pay by credit card? If so, tell them that if they don't handle it by a due date, she'll stop payment on it. If she's paid the full price now, she is a full member of LAWL and should get all the service that she's entitled to! Is there another center locally that you could go to? There can be a wide range of customer service between the centers in your area.

Mandy, (first of all, post your recipe for the taco salad!) if you can, try not to look at food as the enemy - it is the fuel that your body needs to do all the stuff that you do - caring for your DS and DH , especially. You want to reach that goal number so much that you're trying every way you can to get there faster (skipping foods) and then angry when it's not happening (eating off plan). Many people on the thread (Sy for one!) has had a real hard time losing that last ten pounds. If you're stalling, have you asked the center for help? Also, sometimes I find I've fixed something to eat, and I just don't want to eat that thing - it means I need to add a little variety in my diet. (I may be misreading your post, if so, sorry for the lecture!)

Karen, I agree with you - with the protein sizes on purple, I don't think I'm on a diet either!

Hugs and skinny vibes to all!
    Julie
  • MetalChic: I totally agree with the whole grains as you mentioned. If I eat a piece of white bread, I swear that there is something in that stuff that makes me want more and I'm hungry after. Must be the white flour!

A tip for the newbies: Thomas's makes 4" 100% Whole Wheat pitas, I have them everyday for breakfast (for my S). Today I had mind with 1 T of RF peanutbutter (for my 1/2 protein) but most days I have them with eggbeaters and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese spread - it's my breakfast sandwich and tastes great (if you microwave the eggbeaters for about 1.20 minutes in a plastic bowl, they slip right out). I discovered that if you put the pitas in a toaster oven using the toast button, they puff up in the middle and makes then a little crunchy and easy to cut in 1/2.

Sy
  • Sy - I love those mini pita's -- i get three eggs as a P, and that's dinner lots of nights.. also have to agree with you about white bread. Still working through the stash of regular pasta (takes a long time to go through it at 1/3 cup at a time!) - do you count that laughing cow wedge as a dairy - also love those wedges. But my dairy is usually yogurt with fruit - it helps me get the fruit in.
  • Hi Everyone.

At WI last night I was (drumroll please......) DOWN 2 LBS!

Of course I am happy although I don't understand how it could be. I'll take it though. Still, the way I was feeling about not doing the right things is enough to make it a little easier to remain OP.

Beverly - You're pretty! The other ladies look no thinner than you, and certainly no better. But, just to be "nice," I too suggest that you bring that dessert right on into the office and let them dig in!

Danbasi - I have oatmeal every morning and that truly gets rid of the cravings. When lunchtime hits, I am usually still not hungry, but I force myself to eat. In the evenings if I am really hungry I will have brown rice for my starch and an extra serving of veggies. Also, try experimenting with new veggies that you would normally not have eaten if your plan didn't require so many servings in a day. This should help ease the boredom from not really being able to combine foods the way we'd like. Since I started LAWL, I have found that I REALLY LIKE brussel sprouts, asparagus, arugula, and raw red bell pepper cut into strips with FF dip.

Haylo - One of the counselors at the center looked in my diary and saw that I had recorded 2 carb cravers meals within a week. She told me that for best results, I should try to view CC meals as "legal cheats" but to make sure I drank the extra water. She said that I should not have them daily, but to try to reserve them for myself as a treat after I've had a couple of days strictly OP. When I joined LAWL I couldn't take any supplements because I have hypertension. The counselor told me to be sure I drank ALL the water and that I should be okay on CC days.

I am on the red plan, and now that I am used to eating so often throughout the day, I find the protein sizes to be a bit large for me. It's hard to get it all in. So I eat a lot of fish now, because its not as filling as chicken, which I usually will eat when I am very hungry.

I hope you all have a good day!
  • Carmen -way to go, chickie!

I must admit - i usually have a lite for breakfast. Then a couple of hours later, I have fruit and yogurt. . .I finish off the day with another lite. . .

Sometimes it is really tough for me to get in all the fruits - I often have applesauce at dinner.
  • Thursday #1
    Good Morning All!!!!

Wow, ya'll are quite talkative. I've been reading for over 30 minutes again. LOL I'm so thankful to have found this LA site. I went to the LAWL site hoping several weeks ago to find out more information, but there's not much there. I had hoped there would be quite a few recipes but there's only a few. Well, yesterday was TOM so that is for sure why I gained that 0.1lb. I knew I felt bloated but she wanted to blame my poor soup. LOL Oh well, I probably won't get her anymore, she probably won't want me either.

Syracuse~ I look forward to the recipes. Yes, I told her it was that TOM but she just kinda looked at me and didn't nod or say anything. I think maybe they must hear that a lot when it's not the reason. Well, honey, it will be with me the week of it, cause I always gain. And I will continue to ask questions cause the way I figure it, I have paid for the answers. Congrats on people noticing you're losing!! That's an awesome feeling!

Beverley~ Thanks for the vinegarette recipe, I look forward to trying it! You're a very beautiful woman!! I honestly think much more beautiful than the others. I hate this time change too. It's killing me in the mornings. I have always gotten up early but now, it feels like I'm getting up at 3 or 4. Congrats on the 4lbs gone forever!!! Sorry to hear about son's earache. I have had them all my life. I agree with Haylo if the antibiotics don't work they will probably have to put tubes in to drain the fluid, but it's a simple procedure. We are having lots and lots of wind right now too, and I am getting tired of it. I've had to try to anchor everything outside down. Congrats on your boobs too. You are lucky, but you deserve it. I'm not dedicated enough to wear a bra day AND NIGHT! Nope, not me. I'm been having a lot of dreams lately, maybe I'm venting from my day, like you. At least that person coming into your office, has you smiling anyway.

Star~ Congrats on your new place. I bet it was a terrible feeling being locked out in your pjs but at least you weren't in a teddy . . . . . . . or were you? LOL I look forward to having that "bra rash", too. I love my indoor grill too. I have a GF and a new Hamilton Beach with removable grids and I love that!!! I love that sticker you saw, and that's right no matter what we do in this world we are going to still die, that is unless the Lord comes back first. And that is something we can take care in this world. Ya know?

Mandy~ Hope your Take off went well. They never let me do any of the fast stuff since I have health problems, I just started on the plan on day 1. They don't let me take any of the supplements except the 3 vitamins. Which is probably good. The counselors tell me it's very important for you to eat EVERYTHING on your plan for you to lose properly. If you start shorting yourself, your body will think it needs to hold on and not let go of some of the weight and you won't lose. Hey, can I have your recipe for your Taco Salad, too???? Pleeeeezzzz.

Fiona~ Congrats on buying the house and the horse and baby. Your life is making some wonderful changes. Nope you're right, they wouldn't let me talk directly to the dietitian. They told me to tell them what I was interested in "combining" and they would talk with them and get back to me or have an answer for me the next time I come in. Congrats on your "bra rash"!!! Your effforts are paying off! Hang in there, literally!!! Your hubby's comment sounds like something my dh would say! Men they're so funny!

Carmen~ I've dieted for so long, I don't know how not to dread something. LOL Let me know where I can order those veggie trays to go in the trunk. I think that's a fantastic idea, maybe the car dealers could start installing an small refrigerator in our trunks and that would solve a lot. No more melted LA bars, we could carry fresh veggies, yogurt, our water bottles, etc... I think I'll recommend it. In fact, I really think it would be a little more handier if they could put it in the dash somewhere. Then if we stopped in traffic or a light we could just reach in and get us a little something without having to go to the trunk.

Ok, continued on Thursday #2 . . . . . .
  • Julie: Here is my 'personal' way I handle the Laughing Cow cheese wedges on the LA plan. The new plan you can have 2 oz of low fat cheese that equal a Dairy (which equals about 80-90 calories per oz). Here is what I do:

1.) Laughing Cow (green) - Lite = 35 calories
    2.) Laughing Cow (blue) = 50 calories
    3.) Laughing Cow Bella (red/yellow) = 70 calories
    4.) Laughing Cow Bella (white) = 50 calories
    5.) Low Fat Cheese in general = approx 80 calories

If I use #1, I spead a wedge on my pita, and eat the other while I'm making my sandwich and count for 1/2 D.

In other words, I use it by the amount of calories - not the amount of cheese. I normally only use 1/2 Dairy per day, so I know in the evening that if I'm starving, I can have a #1 without going off plan.

Some days, when I have my 3 LF Triscuts or a slice of ww diet bread after work - I use the remaining 1/2 of dairy.

Also, I normally only buy the Lite and occassionally I but the others for a treat (and extra flavor).

Locally, you can get the Lite in Garlic or Onion flavors. I perfer the 'original flavor'.

Occassionally I switch and use a LF Yogurt for my Dairy, and if I have that - I that as 1 dairy.

Sy
  • Hi Smiley!

Julie, sorry - probably more info that you want to know. Sometimes I get carried away.
  • No, Sy, that was perfect. I usually do the ounces, but each of the lite ones are only .75 ounces, so I'd only do two - I find that two are too much for three triscuits! I like the garlic ones, but they are tough to find. The regular lite ones are good, though. I also like the cabot lite cheese (it's 70 cals/ounce). You do get two oz on gold/blue, right?

Hi again, Smiley! where in Texas are you from? We have a lot of texas chicks here! I admire your spirit - never back down from your questions - although realize that you probably know more than they do! The other thing I noticed at my center - I am not sure how many of the counselors there REALLY understand what it is like to have to lose A LOT of weight!

Julie