3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LAWL Losers & Friends - April '05

Old 04-06-2005, 12:23 PM   #136

Iheartsushi -Welcome! Glad that you found us! You are right, the $$$ are alot for anyone I think! So often we forget that we really can complain - I never thought about contacting them via the website. So often we just vote with our feet, and leave the program (and lose the money) instead of doing something about it.

Julie

Birthday goal (181.2-165)

Long Term Goal!

textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #137

Fiona-
You just made me laugh You can measure your success by a rash under your boob......... I'm hoping for the rash

Last edited by Starlynn : 04-06-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:08 PM   #138

Fiona - that's the kind of non-scale victory I'm talking about!! (hope the rash gets better, though!)

Long Term Goal!

Old 04-06-2005, 02:54 PM   #139

It's just a little owie - more like a pimple than a rash. And the bra I'm wearing today doesn't rub it...but keeps sliding up in the back because I can't get it tight enough. DARN, HUH???

Fiona

Counting down to my pre-pg weight:
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #140

Fiona - Honey this is good practice for when you get older. That's when you can't get em high enuf no matter how tight the dang thing is......Also, you wouldn't know if you had a pimple/rash or not....Thank God you have a good sense of humor........
Old 04-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #141
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Being a very well endowed chickie, I have that problem now and I am only 34! Mine went south about 2 years ago. Now, the only bras that seem to help me are the ones from Lane Bryant and they cost about $35 EACH! I hope mine shrink as I lose.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:55 PM   #142

You guys are cracking me up! I can't imagine anyone over 180 that's not well endowed! But, Fiona, I too, know the feeling of sort of 'floating' in a bra - but not sure if it's that I'm getting thinner, or if they're getting stretched out . ..

Carmen - EEEK ---35$$!!!

Long Term Goal!

Old 04-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #143

Fashion - as near as I can tell, the plan seems to be based on how much you weigh, how much you exercise and if you are a diabetic or something. I started on purple at 228. I'll be on purple until I'm at 183, then on gold until I reach goal. That's without exercise - I think Jen (she checks in occasionally) is on Red, because she works out 5x a week - I think if you want to go below 130 they put you on green, which is next to no food at all. . .

Did they start you on gold or purple?

Julie

Long Term Goal!

Old 04-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #144

Julie - your comment made me laugh because I told DH at lunch about my bra being too big and his first response was " Bye boobies!" and I was like, no, down around the band part, and HE says, "ah, getting stretched out?" I almost slugged him before calmly replying, "No, you idiot, I'M SHRINKING." LOL!

Fashnvictim - There is some secret LAWL formula that they use based on your starting weight and how much weight you want to lose - I think anyone that has more than about 30 pounds to lose goes on Purple, at about the halfway point they switch you to Gold which has slightly smaller protein sizes and I think maybe one less fruit? Then when you get to the last 5 pounds or so they may try to put you on Green, which is not enough food to keep a rabbit alive and I don't know anyone who has stayed on Green all the way to maintenance. Then there are the "Special" plans for people who either can't/won't do the Lites, or exercise a lot, or work swing shifts, etc. Hope that helps!

Fiona

Counting down to my pre-pg weight:
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #145

Hello Everyone,
Yeah today I got to eat real food!

Question????? What do they mean by low-sodium, lunch meat. I went to the store and was not sure exactly what low sodium meant. I found one by oscar meyer that was deli thin 6 slices for 570 mg (smoked turkey breast). Is that still to high, I couldn't find anything lower??????

Question???? What happens if you have eaten all your foods on plan and you are still hungry? Do you continue eating, something else? I was just wondering because sometimes I have those days when I feel like no matter what I need more food.

Fashnvictm: I am new to the program also, they put me on the red plan because I told them that I exercise 5 times a week. When I told the counselor that sometime I do less then that she said, I needed to be sure because if it was less, than I would be on another plan. I told her it was always closer to 5x. I don't know if you are being nosey but I am the same way. I want to know everything about everything.

Janelle
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:40 PM   #146
SW236/CW143/GW149

If I'm still hungry I snack on baby carrots. I also try drinking water. Sometimes if I'm having a bad day and it's late enough at night.. I just go to bed. Also it will get better. I was pretty hungry the first week or two, but then my body adjusted and I was ok with the portions. Still baby carrots are great!

Mandy
Old 04-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #147

I'll be honest -- I was hungry on and off the first couple of weeks, but it also was partly TOM. There is no LAWL concept of saved foods from one day to the next - or stealing from tomorrow for today. I just tried to distract myself, drink tea, coffee, water, sometimes soda fills me up with the bubbles.

About the low sodium - not sure, since I don't buy it - but it's probably labeled low sodium? Look at what the healthy choice brand says? Or if you want to get stuff from the deli counter, you can probably just get roasted turkey breast -not smoked.

Haylo & fashion - I had loads of questions when I joined - ask away - you'll probably find someone here has an idea at least.

Julie

Long Term Goal!

Old 04-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #148

Oh,and Fashion, they don't tell you more than they think you need to know at any one time - they don't want to confuse us ;-)

But, I've also found through out the months that if I ask they'll tell me. But I have to know what to ask.

Long Term Goal!

Old 04-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #149

Hello guys,

Textjewel and Mandy thanks for the tips on snacking.

I have another quick question? Do you have to take a carb enders supplement, if you want a carb cravers meal, or is that just something they suggest to take.

Janelle
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #150

Default New to both LAWL and website

Hi guys - I just started LAWL yesterday with the purple plan. Is anyone on that plan and if so, are you eating the LA Lites? I was told two different things by the counselors and now I'm trying to figure out which is correct. I'm not doing the LA lights and was told by one counselor to substitute protiens for the LA lights and the other one said the purple meal plan already includes additional foods to replace the LA Lights.

It's great that this website is out there. I need the support.

Thanks
danbasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.