Old 03-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #91  

No new car tonight. Found out that the finance company overnights the check to me, then I have to sign it over to the dealer. So the earliest the check will be here is tomorrow, and the soonest we (I) can go get the car will be Saturday. Oh well - it really did seem too easy!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:33 PM   #92  

Mitchypoo, how did I get that wrong? Sorry about that! . Happy Birthday to you on the 7th! Don't know why I put in on Saturday?

Fiona: Yes, I love that commerical. I saw a new one this week. The teenage daughter and her boyfriend get up in the middle of the night to alope, sneak out of the house and takes 1 of the parents cars. The Dad gets up and catches them, the daughter starts explaining that she loves the guy and the Dad can't stop her from marrying him. The Dad looks at his daughter and says something like, "Oh, I understand - but take your mother's car" then you the Dad drive back home in his new Cadallac (spelling). You have to see it - it's really cool. I don't do it justice on the board. About the car, just think - you will have 1 day less mileage on the car because you had to wait a day (sorry, trying to look on the bright side for you, it's the only thing I could come up with... LOL!).

Gotta run again, sorry - so much to do, so little time. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #93  

Yes, I'm finally reporting back in - you chickies were really posting today!

Spent a much longer day than I expected with a really good friend and another person who is going on this trip to England in June - we went to the Library of Congress where they have a nice restaurant with a buffet - unfortunately the buffet was limited with OP foods, but at least I only had one plate of each and I did have a piece of black forest cake. Funny - its the first bakery cake I've had in MONTHS and it was really too sweet. Never thought I'd say that. I think I need to over come that problem and have MORE CAKE!!!! But lots of good conversation, and I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Also - this friend is the one that's really noticed that I've lost weight, so we talked a bit about LAWL today, too - she's a WW lifetimer, but doesn't know what to do next. . She likes the flexibilty of WW, just not the meeting structure -

Did I tell you what I think I'm going to do eating wise this weekend - the beginning 2 day LA plan - protein/veg and fruit (since no juice) - at least I'm starting off with a plan . ..

The great news is I received my Project:You box today! All 8 videos and a walking tape I am like a child at Christmas! I am planning to start on MONDAY and get

RWFKaren - I think your weekend sounds AWESOME. (I can't find the reference to the mail . . )

Fiona - can't wait to hear about who's winning in the who-gets-the-car race - maybe you should hide the keys on those nights he stays out late? (BTW, maybe too much sodium?)

I love those car commercials - I've just seen the one about the kids in the past couple of weeks - I've seen the one about getting up earlier and earlier around Christmas time?

Thank you all for the Happy Birthday wishes - My goal is to be thin and fit by the time I'm 47. .. I have a year. . . I think that may be one of my mottos.

Also - happy birthday Michelle and Britt! (Britt, it's also 3/7 for you, right?)

Michelle - are you a knitter! Me too - although I have too many unfinished projects! And a walk in closet full of yarn!

Bridezilla/Diane - you are so close to wonderland! I am no where near an exercise authority, but maybe try a pilates ab tape for your mid section?

Hugs to all!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:26 AM   #94  
BAS
BAS

Good Morning everyone - Sorry I wasn't on last night but I was out having fun and staying away from food. I was snowmobiling for three hours - Now I know why everyone wants snow - man its fun!!!!!!!!!!

But I didn't get to exercise. I will have to double up one day this weekend to make up for it. Were going again Sunday - NO grand children this weekend so I think I'll clean out my cupboards for a start and organize them. I miss them though.

I didn't weigh in even though its Friday because I was happy with yesterday's weigh in and I'd like to keep feeling that way for a day or two and by the way - I'm still doing real good - I didn't get all my fruit in though yesterday. Missed one.

This weekend I'll get my tickers up to date. Okay I gotta get ready for work and I'll be back later tonight. Have a great day -

Hugs
BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:42 AM   #95  

Happy Birthday Julie!
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:55 AM   #96  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Birthday Julie...
Sy....I got it..I got it...I was so excited. My DH called me while I was driving home last night and he said I think it's here....Thanks again...
Well, I got on the scales this morning and I'm down to 167.8 Yippeeee...I was at this weight in the last week or so when me and Star were having a race to 167.. Now, my goal for Monday is to be below that number. I'm not weighing again until Monday morning. I hope our dinner Saturday at the Steakhouse won't get me too bad...
I don't know how much I'll be able to play today. The owner is back in town and I'm not sure how long he'll be hanging around today. Hopefully not long unless he wants to talk about a raise...
Beverley...It sounds like you are having a ball in the snow..I wish we had some here. I'm from orginally from Maryland and I love the snow. Last year when we went up home, It snowed. I was out in it for hours...
Star, I'll talk to you in a few minutes...
Ok Chicks, I need to get these other programs booted up, so I'll be back later.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #97  

Julie - First Happy Birthday! I'm sure you will make you goal to be fit by 47 and what a great present to give yourself!

I was wondering could you tell me alittle more about Project You and where you got it?

Hello - everyone else.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #98  
191.8/168.2/160

Congrats Karen & Beverly - you both are doing so great!! I'm so envious.

Happy B-day Julie!!!!!

I will go to my Sat. morning w/i tomorrow. I was down to exactly 168 this morning, so I hope to be in the 167 range tomorrow morning.

I need to change my ticker to a turtle!!!!
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #99  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Julie, Happy Birthday!!! I hope you eat cake today!!!

Yes Julie, i'm a knitter, crocheter, tatter, spinner (I make yarn on a spinning wheel), anything with a craft needle, i know how to do. Wow.....I'd love to see your yarn stash!!!! Isn't it a cool idea to have a knit cafe? I can't wait to see it.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #100  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey Michele: How do you get that "Thank you Jesus" image on your posts?
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #101  

Default Hiya chickies!

Thanks for all the good wishes - I am torn between just eating whatever I want today (ice cream) and remembering that the last time I had it I was sick as a dog. Not a good way to spend the night. . .

Went to the Doctor today, he's impressed with how fast my shoulder is healing - wants to see me again in two weeks.

About Project:You - it's a 12 week program with workouts 6 days/week - you, like God, get to rest on the 7th. The first 5 weeks is 30 Min cardio/30 min strength 4 days a week, 1 day yoga/pilates and 1 day choice -(which I think is 30-60 min more cardio). Then there is a recovery week (which is alternating choice and yoga/pilates; then for the final 6 weeks there isa circuit training (60 mins) and a long lean (which I'm not sure yet). It's a little overwhelming when I think of 60 min circuit training, but I'll worry about that in 6 weeks.

There is also an eating plan - 1500 cals/day split into 4 meals - I'm not sure what to do about that since I'm actually pretty happy about what I'm eating now.

It's manufactured by beach body, and you can get some idea about on the www.kathysmith.com website (also seems to be hosted by beachbody).

Beverly, I admire your spirit to find some way to have fun in the snow . ..

Karen/RWF - WTG! I am dreaming of the lovely 160s. ..

Tammy - you too - the lovely 160's - I already have the turtle in my ticker. . . (but remember he only moves forward by sticking his neck out)

Michelle - please post next week about the knit cafe! What are you working on now? Do you subscribe to any of the knitting magazines? Have you gone to any of the big knit shows - like the ones hosted by Knitters or TKGA? I was thinking of going to the one in Atlantic City in th fall. (Truthfully, I have a terrific stash - both yarn and fabric. . . I love to run my hands over it). It's terrific that you can spin - I'd also like to learn how to weave - but don't want any more hobbies!

Hugs to all!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #102  

Julie- Thanks for the info on Project You. I'm not really interested in starting another "plan." I have done 6 Week Body Makeover, Body For Life to name afew. I do like the Beach Body company though, that's the ab tape I do. Actually I have the whole Beach Body Tape set for the entire body...... I just never heard of Project You.

Hugs.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:07 PM   #103  

Star - I think it's new - just released in January. I do like Kathy Smiths tapes in general - I watched (!) the first 3 tapes this morning - boy some of those strength training moves look like they'll wipe me out - plus I have two left feet. I'll feel really proud of myself when I can do the whole thing through. . . And I just watched the Foundation cardio tape, there is a more advanced one that you start after a week on the Foundation.

Now I'm thinking of getting a heart rate monitor. . . Do any of you chickies have one?
(maybe should move this to exercise yard? Oh well)
Julie
Old 03-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #104  

Sorry I can't play very long today, chickies - have to leave to go to lunch, and then I'm going away for the weekend - I'll check in with you all on Sunday . .. Or Monday. . .

Hugs and Skinny vibes (I NEED them today)
Julie
Old 03-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #105  

Julie - A heart rate monitor is a great little tool. I'm thinking about getting one now, getting tired of counting myself! I know Rusty has one.

Hey Julie - Have a great lunch and enjoy your "once a year" birthday! lol
Hugs, Star