Old 03-11-2005, 09:18 AM   #61  

Star, I always giggle at your posts - That would be me draped over that ball-of-torture - I'm glad that I don't have one at this point.

I may just BUY a new tape measure, what do you think of that???

Speaking of thighs - has anyone ever experienced fatigue in the weight bearing leg while doing standing exercises for the other leg? Sometimes I'm not sure which is the leg getting the workout!!

And BTW, there is this killer hamstring exercise - you put your heels on the seat of a chair, while laying down, and lift your behind while digging your heels into the seat of your chair. GROAN. And then she wants us to PULSE it.

Luckily there is MUCH room for improvement in this tape (since I get to do it for 5 weeks. By that time I will hopefully be able to do every rep.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #62  

Julie -
Yes I know what you are talking about the fatigue of the weight bearing leg. This is normal - your muscles have to get stonger, it will improve with time. (like a fine wine).

About these exercise tapes. These instructors and their team, spend many many hours developing painful, tortureous moves, so that we will think we are even more out of shape than possible. You know that saying "no pain- no gain"? Well they want to make sure we feel alot of pain. It's all in their big plan of things. Then they make yet another tape, that is 'advanced' and ofcourse we will have to prove that we can handle that one. Let the torture continue......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #63  

Star - thank's for affirming what I was experiencing (fatigue) - and giving me a light at the end of the tunnel . . .

I was looking at the BB site - there is a yoga booty ballet series - I may pick that up in the summer - let's see if I can complete this first. . .
Old 03-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #64  

Julie - I too was checking out, with GREAT interest the yoga booty ballet series . Matter of fact, I talked to several workout friends about it. Does that look like a blast or what? Like you, I thought, how much can one chick fit into a day???? But if I see the infomercial again, I could be in the order mode before I realize it...that's what happened with the Bun & Thigh Roller infomercial. Thank goodness, I really do like that piece of equipment and tape.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #65  

Star - if you try it first, let me know . . . there will be an infomercial on tomorrow am (at 5:00!!!) which I may try to catch - maybe it's 6:30 --

BTW, what would you say is the difference between circuit training and weight training?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #66  

Julie- yeah I'll keep my eye open for the infomercial again. It actually looks like a ton of fun, almost like not working out.....

It has been years since I have done circuit training at the gym. When I do my weights I do them just like circuit training. Which is doing 3 sets of a body part with like 12 reps, then doing a different exercise for the same body part, 3 sets again 12 reps. That way it makes circuit training and weight training exactly the same thing. Understand? Circuit training is just doing a weight bearing exercise, then moving on to the next exercise, waiting maybe 3 minutes inbetween. It keeps your muscles pumped and your heart rate up at the same time. Hope I explained that okay.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:57 AM   #67  

Star - you REALLY need to watch out, or you're going to end up working out with every exercise video ever made, and then when will you find time to POST?!?

Fiona

Last edited by mkfionap; 03-11-2005 at 12:00 PM.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #68  

Fiona - You got my number, it's exercise shopping I'm addicted to....lol The really good part is that at one point or another I use all of it.
Ofcourse no matter how much I workout I'll always have time to post. As long as I keep this JOB - LOL
Old 03-11-2005, 12:18 PM   #69  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Oh Jeez~
Thanks for the advice Star...I never thought of using the exercises from 6WBMO....now to find my little black book and the darned band....I can do that just about anywhere and need very little room.
As far as the WATP videos, I still do not have the space for those, but maybe once I get back to work and rent a storage space, I will be able to convince the MIL to let me use the basement as a mini-workout room.
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #70  

Keri - Yeah there's afew of us on here that have done 6WBMO - that's a good workout plan to follow. Like I said, just fear the toning band ball, I got knocked in the head once at the gym - bong....lol
Basements were met to be gyms. We are downsizing and I'm losing my basement gym and that is the biggest lost of the whole move. I'll probably have to go back to the 'real' gym...and pack all that stuff; shower stuff, work clothes, etc.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #71  

Star - the reason I asked about the difference is because in the self challenge you can log your exercise - and it calculates calories burned based on your height/weight, minutes and exercise done - and there are different calculations for weight training and circuit training. It seems that these sculpting tapes are really circuit training. . .since we work the same muscle in different ways, and sometimes exercising a different muscle in between. (I don't think I explained this very well)
Old 03-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #72  

IMHO - that would be circuit training. I think when they talk of weight training they refer to heavier weights. Circuit Training is what you explained in your above post.

I'll be leaving in a minute here. I won't be here Monday or Tuesday, I get to watch David (the Oh Dear God GB). That will be considered weight lifting becuz he is one big baby.....and at 15 months still loves to be picked up....lol Talk to you Wed.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #73  

WOOO HOOOO!!! I JOINED THE GYM!!!!!

I don't know what took me so long to realize that, hello, since DH and I aren't doing a joint membership, I could go in whenever and do it, and put my charges on my credit card (to be paid off next week on payday, of course). So I went tonight!

I took DD with me and she was really looking forward to hanging out in the play room, which we ended up not doing cause it was so quick, so I promised her I'd take her tomorrow morning.

I'm excited!

Fiona
Old 03-12-2005, 06:22 AM   #74  

Star - sorry I missed this post yesterday - Have fun with DDavid,and whisper Grandma in his ear all the time. . .

I've been using circuit training, so I'm glad you think that's right.

Fiona - congrats on joining the gym!
Old 03-12-2005, 12:08 PM   #75  

Well I did it - I let the treadmill at the gym kick my butt for 20 minutes this morning. And speaking of my butt - it HURTS! Anyway, I'm so glad I get to actually contribute to the Yard from now on, rrather than just watching from the sidelines.

Fiona