3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Roll call! (bio's) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/53792-roll-call-bios.html)

Repo girl 11-24-2005 03:38 PM

Hi Library Girl,
Welcome to the forum. Come on over to the Losers and Friends thread and meet everybody!! Katie

fitgal2 11-24-2005 07:49 PM

Hey

My name is Dana. I am 25 years old and a two time cancer survivor. I had Ewing sarcoma (bone cancer in 1996) and was diagnised with Leukemia (A.L.L philidelphia chromosomal positive) last december. I was attending teacher's college at the time of diagnosis. I underwent a Stem Cell transplant, my brother was a perfect match which is VERY VERY rare...He is my hero! So where I am at right now, I am about 10 pounds over my Ideal, i gain a good 20 during treatment, so I am trying to lose the last 10! I love this site and I come here at least once aday everyone is sooo awsome here!

mahannamamma 11-25-2005 09:15 PM

Hello!

My name is Amber. I have been on LAWL for about 8 weeks. I have lost almost 10 lbs. but I am in desperate need if this support group I just happened upon! I have 3 kids and I am a SAHM. I am very, very busy.
I just read Dana's thread and I am so happy she is doing good! My baby had to have a Bone Marrow Transplant in Jan. of 2003 with her brother as a perfect match too! It is a miracle! She had a bone disorder called Osteopetrosis. She was in the hospital for 6 months w/ lots of complications. She was 4 months at the time and I didn't get to nurse her much and I was sooooo stressed out I gained about 20 lbs. on top of my baby weight! Now she is blind and I am still stressed out! I am here almost 3 years later trying my last resort to get it off. I love LAWL if I stick to it! I am hoping that this group will help me. I have already read some threads, and I feel a lot more motivated!
My life is so busy, I tend to throw things to the back burner when I am overwhelmed! I spent too much money to fail at this! I am so glad you are all here as inspiration to me! Amber

diamonds_n_pearls 11-30-2005 11:46 AM

Hello, everyone! This seems like such a wonderful group! May I join you?

I just joined LA Weight Loss on November 26th. The center that I am attending is in Hamburg Pavilion, Lexington, KY. I have been so frustrated with my weight but the final straw was on Thanksgiving! DH and I when got on the scales that day and weight the same amount… I just about died! And then to make it even worse, I went to my lovely mother’s house who asked me if I had any Christmas parties to go to & I said yeah around the 15th – she said “Well, it looks like you’ve got just about three weeks to get all of that weight off!” PURE AGONY!!

So, I figured that I need a plan and to be held accountable for every morsel that I put in my mouth…and that’s what LA offers. I started on Sunday. Monday, I went and weighed in and lost 3.4 lbs. This morning, at home, I weighed and have lost probably 7 pounds (9 by my scale – but that is in the morning, in my birthday suit.) Is it just water? Even if it is it’s a start! I haven’t told anyone except for DH and another gal here at work I just want to silently drop the weight. When I lose 15 lbs, I plan on joining Jazzercise which I did a couple of years ago before the weight.

I believe that this type of support group can help me out! Like, I need to know alternatives to salads...it's only been 3 days and & I am already tired of them. I can't afford to buy the LITES, so I need help with that, too.

diamonds_n_pearls 11-30-2005 12:14 PM

Thank you!

SHouls I go to the November or wait for Decemeber?

Repo girl 11-30-2005 12:38 PM

Hey Diamonds, great to another newbie on board. You are definitely in the right place for motivation, advice, and friendship. Join us today, tomorrow we will all move over. Great job on your current losses. If you want to add a weight tracker, go to User CP at the top of the page, Edit Signature, and follow the directions to make one. I love mine for setting goals, and seeing where you are at is very motivating. Katie

rn4life22 11-30-2005 11:44 PM

Hello!
I am new to LAWL and I officially start the program tomorrow, YAY!!! I used to come to these boards regularly, however, I lost touch once my husband and I moved. I have alot of weight to lose (+100lbs) and I can really use all of your support.
I am twenty-five y/o and I have been married to my DH for four years. We have a couple of fur babies named Bear and Harry. We plan on having children once I finish school. My major is Registered Nursing and I have less than two years to go. My husband is also going to school with a major in Criminal Justice. My typical day involves waking up at 6:00 am, getting ready for school, staying there sometimes until 4:30-5:00pm starving and finally eating anything I can get my hands on quickly. I try to eat during the day but most of the time I have NO TIME. I know a great deal about nutrition because of my classes but I am also someone who needs to be held accountable. So hopefully I can apply what I know to the program and be successful in losing the weight. Wishing everyone great success!

Repo girl 12-01-2005 01:46 AM

Hi RN, and welcome. Come on over to the December thread and meet everyone! Katie

JoyUvette 12-02-2005 12:11 AM

Hi Everyone

Hi There!

Okay, I'm very bad about posting messages, but I'm here. As many have already said, I really enjoy reading the inspirational posts and getting all the information you all share. You are truly and inspiration to help me get through this weight loss.

I look forward to spending more time here! :)

bkstitch 12-14-2005 02:22 PM

Hi to all

:) Hi everyone,
My name is Beth, I am 48 (49 on Friday). I joined LA at the end of June. I have 2 kids, 19 and 16. I was married for 20 years, until my husband walked out May 1. I was clueless. I have had to sell my home and move to a townhouse. My son left in August to go to college and my daughter started driving. All I can say is I am under a lot of stress. I have done ok so far, I was to reach my goal this Friday. I am a far cry away from it. Now they have set my goal for May. I am having a very hard time right now. The cookies and out to eat are killing me. I think the Monday after Christmas I will start again. I think right now I am facing a battle. I don't want to go weigh in because LA is right next to a very busy mall. Is anyone else having trouble with the holidays. I am also playing the poor me game. The day after Christmas everything that is left is going out of my home. Glad to join you all. Lets all start out the new year with a bang. Maybe some new goals, even creating a new habit takes 21 days. I think to my weight loss I am going to start doing better with my nails and face. Sounds good!

Repo girl 12-14-2005 02:34 PM

Hi Bkstitch, and welcome! Come on over to the Friends and Losers thread and say hello. Seems like everyone is struggling right now, but just think, the month is already half over, and we can get back with it big time! Katie

Repo girl 12-16-2005 06:15 PM

Welcome Denise. Congrats on the 5 lbs! Katie

Denise Wilson 12-16-2005 08:44 PM

Thanks Katie...
Alittle about me: I'm 29yrs and I really want to ring in my 30th better than ever and w/ my 2 boys, well lets just say they are getting bigger and faster everyday. I've always had a problem w/ my weight, tried it all (NutriSystem & Jenny Craig) but they never last. On Jenny lost 30 lbs when I was 19 for my sister's wedding (and though I looked miiighty fine if i do say so myself) but it all came back. And now after the kids i'm at my biggest:(

I'm feeling committed and motived right now but i'm having trouble finding time to excersize. I've never been the best at time management but now with the 2 boy (3yrs and 6mon) it nexts to impossible to find the time.

Does anyone have any tips to help me get more excersize or find the time to work out? I really want to make a change in my life, health and body but I'm having a hard time making the change. Also, I'm really not at my greatest in the AM, so waking up early and doing it consistently is just not realistic for me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Denise Wilson 12-16-2005 09:31 PM

Also since I'm new, I'm having a bit of a hard time w/ the acronyms (e.g. DH & TOM) What does it all mean!?!:shrug: :D Any help w/ this would also be appreciated.

Denise Wilson 12-17-2005 10:17 AM

Thanx mrsbeanie...very helpful. But now that i see it so obvious...duh!:dizzy: