Old 02-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #796  

Default lawl plan explanation

A few years ago I was following the LAWL diet and was amazed at how well it worked for me. After trying everything in between for the past few years I decided to give it try again. #1, I can't find my plan and really don't remember very much about it and #2 now that they are no longer in business how can I get the plan? Can anybody help me?
Diane
delarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #797  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I joined LAWl 6 days ago and am happy so far. I realize that is not even a week ago, but to me any weight loss is great. I have had a struggle with weightloss my entire life. I have tried most diets including some dangerous pills. I have lost a lot and a little and I always seem to find it back. I decided that this is it. I am going to lose weight this time even if I never eat Birthday cake again in my life .

I am still nursing so I am on a modified plan no Takeoffs or supplements, so I am afraid after 4 weeks I might plateau. I lost 3.8 pounds my first 5 days and I have stuck to my plan like glue. I will not waiver in anyway. I made a promise to myself and will try my best to succeed.

This website has been a tremendous inspiration to me.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #798  
Will

S/C/G: 181.5/178/125

Height: 5'1"

Default It worked once - hopefully it will work again!

Hi ladies! I'm Katie. I joined LA Weightloss in November of 2006. At that point, I weighed 212. I lost a lot of weight. In May 2007, I weighed 174 and found out I was pregnant with my first child! Of course, while I was pregnant, the centers closed. Unfortunately, I still had bars purchased and weeks purchased that I never got. But the program worked! Now, my son is 13 months old and have been nursing him since birth. I have decided that I can't use nursing as an excuse any longer. I am now 178 lbs (lost 3 in the past week!) and want to get to 160 by May when we take him to meet Mickey Mouse in Florida! My ultimate goal is 125. Any advice and encouragement is appreciated.
katiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #799  

S/C/G: 224.....145

Height: 5'7"

Hi! Although I'm new to the forum, I already love it I did LA weight loss two and a half years ago--loved it and lost 30 pounds then met my SO and completely fell off track. I moved to Texas 7 months ago (with my SO) and, although it has been great for me professionally (I FINALLY got a grown-up and stable job), it has been extremely stressful because of leaving family and friends and a 5 month unemployment stint for my SO. Needless to say stress has just contributed to my 40 pound regain.

Anyway, I have decided enough is enough. I'm going to be 30 in 3 months and I DO NOT want to enter my thirties at the heaviest weight of my life. Also, I have a four year old mare that I need to start under saddle and I feel too guilty and embarassed to get on her at this point. I just started back on the diet Monday and I already feel so much better! (the two pounds already lost isn't hurting either!)
ladyjhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #800  
Anchors away!

Default Hello Everyone

My name is Debbie I am 45 yrs old. I am married and have 1 dog and 1 cat. The furry kids keep me entertained. No children...not by choice, just can't have them. Hard fact to face for me so for the last 10 yrs I have eaten everything in site to squish down my pain and disappointment.
This past Jan/09 I woke up and realized I am wasting my life feeling like crud.
Time to pull up my drawers and act like someone who is worthwhile. I decided on LAWL because it fits my lifestyle. I am married and will have hubby on the plan too. We both want to shape up before summer comes. Nothing worse then another FAT summer.
I am slowly getting motivated to move my butt and eat right. I found this board again and want to be more active on it for support and friendship. I look forward to chatting with everyone and losing weight together!
I live in Ont. Canada and spring is slowly coming, the days are getting warmer and we are seeing more sunshine. It gives me an excuse to get outside and walk. Good luck everyone on your jouney. Deb
62monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #801  

Default Hi!

Hello everyone! I am very new to LAWL, i just started the program on Wednesday evening and am happy to say i am now down 5lbs as of this morning woohoo

I am 31 from Edmonton, AB. I have been with my dh for a total of 15 years, will be 16 years in September Together we have 2 sons ages 13 and 11 years. I have tried numerous weightloss programs from, weight watchers, xenical, full bars, slim fast, over the counter weightloss pills and more. I recently moved to Alberta from Ontario and was driving around one day, knowing i needed to do something to lose weight and feel healthy again, and happened to drive by the LAWL center and decided to check it out and have not looked back since.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

P.S. Keri : I too am wiccan
silvercraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #802  

Height: 5'2"

Hi there! I am Dawn-- and I started on LAWL 2 weeks ago. I have lost a total of 8 pounds so far, and I hope to continue to lose.I am 42, and I live in East TX with my husband and one of our five children (all the rest are grown and gone -- ), two dogs and a cat. I have yo-yoed in weight loss all of my life -- but this year I stepped on the scale and realized that I had put almost 200 pounds on my 5'2" body-- way too much. It is time for a change in my life -- not just a diet. This forum has been an inspiration to me, and I hope to get to know everyone!
dawnita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #803  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Dawnita and Silvercraze! Glad you joined our group. Come on over and post in the Losers and Friends thread, that's where a lot of info happens, and also a lot of general chit chat!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #804  

S/C/G: 203/200/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello!
I am new here. I am trying LAWL on my own since all the centers closed here in WA awhile back. Back then I was doing well on the program....then gained 20 more pounds! Aaaaahhhh! Today is just Day #2 for me, started on Fast Forward/Take Off (I don't remember what that is called) yesterday using the Knudsens juice. Can't wait til tomorrow for some real food
I turned 40 in December and am finding it WAY harder to lose weight the last couple of years. I decided the time is NOW. I am motivated and excited and hopeful. I am coming here for support/cameraderie, hopeful that my motivation and excitement can stay higher than it would without support.
I am a married, stay home mom (after running a day care and preschool in my home for 14 years I closed it one year ago) of 3 kids - DS 19 (20 in Aug!) DS 14, DD 8.
Hope to get to know everyone!
oicu812many2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #805  
Skinny girl in disguise

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! My name is Jeanie, I am 27 years old. I am married and have 4 kiddos, ages 7, 4, 3 and 18 months. I work part time as an office manager and attend nursing school at night. I actually joined the site 2 and a half months ago, but this has been a difficult quarter for me at school so I haven't posted much.

I have done LAWL in the past. I did it in 03 and lost 50 pounds. Then I got pregnant with my second baby and due to complications ended up on bedrest for months. I didn't deal with it well, so I ate out of boredom and worry. My last three pregnancies were all pretty much back to back, all with complications and bedrest, so when all was said and done I had gained back the 50 pounds, luckily no more than that.

Anyway, I have been doing LAWL again since late April. I have lost 20 pounds so far, but I seem to have hit a wall for the moment. I may go ahead and drop down to the gold plan from the purple, even though I was ten pounds lighter when they dropped me last time.

I am doing this on my own, no center. I just bought the missing plan materials I needed from Ebay and I use Luna bars as my lites.

Anyway, glad to be here and I hope to get to know you all better!
Jeanie912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #806  

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all. My name is Melissa. I'm 31 and did LAWL in 2007, luckily I met my goal weight before all the centers in Las Vegas closed. Since I met my goal weight at the end of 2007 I became pregnant and had my baby boy at the end of 2008. I'm now back to my original starting point and have to loose all that weight all over again.

I had a couple empty food dairies at home and I'm going to be using Luna bars as my lites. I'm thankful to have found this site to keep me on track since I don't have the option of going into a center this time around.
minvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #807  

S/C/G: 274/269/136

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I've been successful on LAWL before. Got lazy, gained almost all the weight lost back again. I've tried it all, WW, South Beach, LAWL, Nutrasystem...I would have a small fortune if I still had the $$ I have spent on my quest for a smaller body. Anyway, I was most successful on LAWL -- so, here I go again. I'm 52 years old now, was 44 when I did the program before. I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I'm on synthroid now. I've been married to a fantastic, supportive man for 26 years, have 2 children, one daughter, one son; 2 granddaughters ages 5 and 3 -- they are the love of my life and I want to be able to see them grow. So this is it -- I HAVE TO GET HEALTHY. I work full-time as an operating room nurse in a stand alone surgical center. We are extremely busy and I am on my feet all day long. The weight is causing much joint pain -- I NEED TO GET HEALTHY. So, I am asking for your help and support to keep me on track this time. I say thank you in advance.
Micky
stressrelief2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:12 AM   #808  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone,
My name is Jennifer and I'm 37. My husband and I have been married two years and have three kidos 17, 13, and 8. I'm a Christian and love Jesus, he's my rock
I moved to Bozeman, MT when we got married but travel back home to Arkansas as much as possible. I love doing things with my family. We do everything from riding 4 wheelers, camping, playing games, and every once in a blue moon my hubby gets me on a snowmobile (not often because he takes it to the limit, and I'm a slow rider). I am starting my healthier lifestyle journey with my best friend Jamie from back home (long distance of course). I am excited to lose some weight but more importantly I want to change my eating habits for good.
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #809  

S/C/G: 174/174/130

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone,
My name is Lisa and I am 38 years old. I have 2 wonderful daughters (5 and 2) and have been married for 6 years. My husband and I recently moved, I started a new job (went from classroom teaching to district-level work) and with the decrease in physical activity, I've managed to gain 40 lbs. in a year. My aunt used to do LAWL, and I did it with her for a little while about 10 years ago, probably lost about 15 lbs. then, and it seems like a reasonably healthy program to be on, so I'm trying again!
I hope to find a lot of information on this site, and some motivation too, since I'm not particularly a self-motivated person when it comes to not eating things that taste good but that I know are bad for me!
felicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #810  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey Lisa,Jennifer

Good to have you as a part of LAWL community. If you want all the weekly chatter and tips,motivation...etc....please join our conversation in the weekly Friends and Losers thread.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote