Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #556  
Gold(+1/2P)

S/C/G: 190/135/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Dan!! Amazing weight loss on your part~Congrats!!
roserph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #557  
n41

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Wow I wished I had found this site earlier! I just restarted the program today. I initially joined Aug'05, lost 30lbs, got pregnant, put the program on hold and now after 4mos post pardum I can finally join again. Sadly, I gained back that 30lbs and another 10lbs. The 10lbs were since the birth! I am so ready to lose this weight. I am tired of feeling down in the dumps and hardly having any clothes that look ok on me.
n41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #558  

S/C/G: 238/208/150

Height: 5'6.5''

Hi Everyone!
I like most of you am a professional dieter! I have tried every diet in the book, lost and gained time and time again. March 6th I had an epiphany, I had an addiction that had to be treated seriously! I needed a program that was fairly strict, I needed someone to talk to often and I needed to be accountable to myself and others. So..... March 7th I entered LAWL and here I am now. Today it has been 5 weeks on the program and I have already lost 17.6 pounds! I have quite a ways to go, but I know that I will get there. They said that it would take 40 weeks to loose the weight (a pregnancy) so my "new me" due date is December 15th!!!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the posts, they have not only been very helpful, but very motivating as well! I hope to chat with each of you and I wish you all of the best on your journey!!!!!!
colincalebsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #559  
Started lawl 4/17/07

S/C/G: 180/180/129

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone,

I am starting lawl tomorrow with the fast forward program, so I thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Michelle, I am 25 (almost 26), and I am a lawyer living in Chicago.

I have tried weight watchers many times with little success, so I decided that it is time to try something different. I have about 50 pounds to lose.

I work a lot of hours and I commute 45 mins each way, so I have trouble finding time to exercise and cook, but I know that I need to make healthy eating a priority!

Any advice for a person that is new to lawl?
michelle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #560  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Michelle, welcome! My advice is to plan in advance what you are going to eat and when. Make sure to have everything on hand that you need to make good choices. It will really help!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:41 AM   #561  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi there Michelle.. Welcome!!

Any advice we give is pro bono, and we expect legal advice to be returned, as needed, in kind..

Seriously...
The biggest hurdle when starting LAWL is wrapping your mind around the though that you get to eat more, and still lose weight..

The other thing is that if you don't follow the plan to the letter, at least during the first few months, that it won't work.. The diet plan is VERY specific.. Once your consistant weight loss starts down the road, damage done by (very) minor cheating can be overcome, as long as you get back on the plan and not dwell on the divergence..

Glad you're with us.. Be sure to speak up if you have questions or concerns in the LA Friends and Losers thread...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #562  
sherri on LAWL

S/C/G: 160/156/130

Height: 5'6"

hi michelle, i've only been on LAWL for 2 weeks tomorrow. i'm losing the 2 lbs a week, as promised. i wish it were faster a la "biggest loser" but i keep telling myself "slow and steady wins the race." i can take 2 lbs a week, but the only way i can follow this diet, so far, is what Repo Girl said - by planning what i'm going to eat in advance. i have to have it written down or i'm going to mess up. however, the writing it down works for me - as i'm a pro food journaler with my years of weight watchers under my too tight belt. i just have to journal it before i eat it this go round, instead of after.

good luck!!! you can do it!
sherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:47 AM   #563  
mysweetugly

Default *newbie*

hi all, i'm a newbie to LA- my best friend and i joined together (moral support thing). i'm 28, live in MN (love it most days, but long to travel the rest of the world).

here's my story in short...

i've always been a 'bigger' girl, i put on weight initally when my parents divorced (i was 12), i became a drug addict in my teens to uppers (funny how not eating makes you lose weight quickly- i've been off everything for multiple yrs now) but gained the weight back then some, then got some off. started dating my bf 2 yrs ago, weight maintained... then my father commit suicide and all i did was isolate and eat- i gained it all back and then some. i've done ww in the past- didn't work for me to loose of a plan- too much room to fudge the points. my cousin joined and has lost 60lbs & i am motivated!

its been a wk, and i love it. i love the motivation, i love the results (4lbs gone) the 1st wk and i love that my best friend is my support as i am hers!

well here's to all our beautiful journeys! cheers!
mysweetugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #564  

Height: 5'9"

Ok here it goes. BEWARE spelling errors bound to follow. I am going to start to be a active particape of this forum since I have been lurking for some time now. I have been on LAWL since 12/04/06. I have now lost 60.4 pounds as of today. I started in a size 32 now I can zip size 26. I really like this program. It is somewhat easy to follow. I have only been hungry for maybe 3 days total. I have had my times of cheating but it was not because I was hungry I was just greedy or gave in to my additions. I HATE exercise. I live in Texas. I am a single mom of one 10 year old daughter. Before I started LAWL I just gave up on my weight and it went way up. Now I am enjoying fitting back in to all my old clothes!I am a pack rat, never get rid of clothes who cares if they are a size 20 and it has been 13 years since I could wear them. Well I think I have went on and on enought I need to go get rid of clothes that are to big and do my weekly do these fit yet. Hi everyone!
tosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #565  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome all of you! Please come and join us in the Losers and Friend thread.

Tosha - Wow! Great losses to date. Keep up the good work.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #566  

S/C/G: 293/258/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!

My name is Sherri. I am a nurse from Grosse Tete, LA, have been married for 18 yrs to my 1st love. We are currently in the process of finalizing the adoption of our daughter, who just made a year old. I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom), which makes dieting that much more of a struggle. I am a Newbie to LAWL that started in 1/4/2007. I have lost 35 lbs since starting the program. I have been a Yo Yo dieter for approx. 20 yrs. I have been on WW more times than I can remember. So, I thought I would try something different with the hope that this would be the last. My motivation is that I don't want my daughter to have a fat and unhealthy Mom. I want to show her how to have good and healthy eating habits. But, right now I'm in the phase where I start to cheat and vear off program. So,when I came across your site, I thought this could be the help needed to stay on program. It's hard finding time to exercise because I can always find something else to do instead. So I look forward to so good LAWL advice!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your Time
Sherri
thin at heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #567  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Sherri
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #568  
LAWL since 12/12/2006

S/C/G: 203/170/120

Height: 5'2"

Default hello

Hello all!!!
I have been going to LA since December and have lost about 30 pounds to date...i have about 50 to go!!!! I have had a lot of ups and downs but am very committed to reaching my goal weight. I am excited to have found this group!!!!!!!!
IaME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #569  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin at heart View Post
Hi Everyone!

My name is Sherri. I am a nurse from Grosse Tete, LA, have been married for 18 yrs to my 1st love. We are currently in the process of finalizing the adoption of our daughter, who just made a year old. I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom), which makes dieting that much more of a struggle. I am a Newbie to LAWL that started in 1/4/2007. I have lost 35 lbs since starting the program. I have been a Yo Yo dieter for approx. 20 yrs. I have been on WW more times than I can remember. So, I thought I would try something different with the hope that this would be the last. My motivation is that I don't want my daughter to have a fat and unhealthy Mom. I want to show her how to have good and healthy eating habits. But, right now I'm in the phase where I start to cheat and vear off program. So,when I came across your site, I thought this could be the help needed to stay on program. It's hard finding time to exercise because I can always find something else to do instead. So I look forward to so good LAWL advice!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your Time
Sherri
Sherri,

I'm also doing the program with the PCOS hassle. I joke and say that I don't have it, it has me and I will one day prevail over my crazy hormones. I find that since I started program my energy has skyrocketed and I've never felt better. The only downside is that the scale has barely budged for me in the last 3 months, but I've been dropping inches at a somewhat astounding rate.

I know your on the LAWL boards, but further on up there's also the PCOS obstacle board. The combination of the 2 of them are great from support.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:50 PM   #570  

Default New diet.

Hi .My name is Nicole.I am 55 and trying to lose 30 pounds.I have just started the cabbage soup diet today.I don't know if I can stick to it.I would appreciate suggestions.Thanks.
Nicky from Ont is offline   Reply With Quote