Old 11-05-2006, 10:19 AM   #376  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Default hey guys!

I'm new to this board (kind of), so I thought I'd post a little info. I'm 32, single, living in Jackson, TN. I lost 46 pounds with LAWL from Septemeber 2002 - January 2003 when I was living in Nashville. Then I moved back home to a small town in west Tennessee to take care of some ailing family members. Long story short, I didn't continue to lose weight without having the support and accountability of having to go to a center. Good news is that over the last three and a half years, I maintained 36 pounds of that weight loss. Now I'm back living in a town that has a center nearby, and I'm rededicating myself to losing the remainder of my weight. Started back with LAWL on three weeks ago, and I'm down 6.2 pounds already. It's great to be back!
GringaGordita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #377  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Welcome Gringa! Congrats on maintaining the loss and for getting back on track. This group is AWESOME and you will love the support.

I am in Nashville and am going to the Brentwood Center.

Good luck! I hope to see you on the board!

Debbie/Nashville
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:49 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Gringa!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #379  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Gringa!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #380  
I can do this!! (LAWL)

S/C/G: 154.5/148.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Default New Kid on the Block

Hi all!!

New member here. I joined LAWL on 10/24/06. I am from NC and live there now.

A little about myself....I am 31, soon to be 32 (ugh!). I just got married to a really great guy a little over a year ago. No real children yet, but I do have 3 cats of which I am the proud mama. My husband and I plan on trying for kids in January. We figure its a good time to start, as he graduates from Grad School in August and we put off having kids sooner because of that.

I have always had issues with my weight....chubby kid, chubby in HS, gained a little more in college....you know the story. One day I (at 165 pounds)decided I had had enough and went on the Atkins Diet. I lost 40 lbs in about 5-6 months and was pretty happy with that!! I kept the weight off for about3 years, but in the past year or so I have slowly started gaining it back, gaining an immediate 10 lbs after I got married!! How did that happen?!?!?!

Anyway, long story longer, I decided again I had had enough. Tried WW, Atkins again, Nutri-System....nothing seemed to be working because I wasn't really dedicated I don't think. I am hoping that with the accountability I have to have with LAWL (not to mention the up-front cash) that I will better be able to stick to the plan and get the weight off.

So thanks for being here...I hope to be seeing you soon!

Christy
Mom23Furries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #381  

Welcome Christy!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #382  
LAWL since October, 2006

Hi, I thought I'd post my bio here. I joined LAWL on October 5th, 2006. I just turned 33 (ugghhh!) I am married to a great guy -he's really supportive of my wl efforts. I also have 2 boys, aged 9 and 12.
I am trying to lose 60lbs - that will put me at 150. I'm sure I'll need to lose more than that, but think that's a pretty good start. I've tried ww in the past, but find that I usually give up after about 3 weeks. I'm going to go the distance on this one. I have to. I want to be a happier, healthier mom. I really DO miss all of the active things I used to do, like swimming, biking, hiking etc with my hubby and kids. I have just let myself go - and now it's MY time. I can do it.
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #383  
Bewildering Array of Size

S/C/G: 254/251/147

Height: 5'6"

Hi all...
I just joined LAWL last week. I know what and how to eat, I just choose not to and needed someone to be accountable to on a weekly basis--therefore, I joined LAWL. However, it's a good solid program.

I love online forums, and am really happy to have found this one!

I've got 110 lbs to lose, and look forward to seeing your ideas and thoughts online...
Thanks in advance...
Livelychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #384  

Welcome!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #385  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

My name is Barb and I am 33 years old. I work as a DC ASST in the Distribution Center of a famous leather store. Yes, you do become desenitized to the smell of leather Anyway, I am getting married in May up in Lutsen, MN on the top of a mountain. I have my dress and I cant zip it all the way. While this was not a motivation to sign up with LAWL it was an eye opener that I need to stop thinking that I can do this on my own and I need help. My fiance is VERY supportive of me and my weight loss efforts. We have little goals he sets for me and when I reach them I get things like 149lbs out to dinner, 145lbs dinner and bowling 140lb he is taking me for lobster and crab This is a big thing b/c he HATES them and he is going to sacrifice for me Yes he rewarding me with food but it was what I wanted. I have the resturants picked out and what I will eat LOL.........
Anyway, we live with our 1 1/2 year old Border Collie/Golden Retriever mix Jake. He is our kid. We spoil him rotten yet he knows who are the alpha dogs in the house.... He is a comical dog and FULL of energy luckily we have ALOT of room for him to run! We have no little ones of our own and we hope to begin the adoption process as soon as we are married.

I currently weigh 156.2 lbs and I am 5'3". I did WW before and reached my goal weight of 135 but after 6 months of lifetime and going to meetings I decided I had the tools and knowledge to do this on my own. Well, a couple of years later guess what I didnt. I rejoined WW again and just couldnt get my head around it. I decided I needed to do something drastic and I walked in the LAWL center. While I had my guard up and in some ways still do (they are kinda pushy), I am happy I did it. The goal is to lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks. Seems quick to me but we will see. I will work the program as I am supposed to.
I did take a before picture and I will take an after picture much like the center does and I will post them also. Hey maybe I will post me in my wedding dress when I can zip it all the way.

If I think of more I will post it.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:03 PM   #386  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

welcome barb!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #387  
Finally motivated!!!

S/C/G: 219.6/Ticker or Sig/155

Default Newbie to forum, not LAWL

Hello everyone,

My name is Jen and I am new to this forum. I am 30 years old and have been married for 12 yrs (yes, young bride ) I have two boys, 8 and 5 and I live in the Fort Lauderdale are in South Florida.

This is the 3rd time I've joined LAWL, and I keep doing so because I truly believe it works. I re-joined on 10/29/06. The 2nd time I joined I lost a total of 40 lbs, went down to 162 lbs, 7 lbs shy of my goal. Due to stress from work, then job changes, then marital problems, then getting accepted to a graduate program, you know, life happened, I gained all the weight back then some, going up to 215. Now, I am as resilient as ever, determined to lose the weight and keep it up. This time around, I am incorporating exercise, which I didn't do in the past. So far, I am seeing results, and hope it continues this way. I truly do feel LAWL delivers, even though I have gained the weight back. The latter has been my doing, and even worse, I always knew that was the case.

So, I am happy to see there is a forum for LAWL's I hope to share my success and mishaps with you.

Take care,
JennaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #388  

Welcome JennaBee! I am just north of you in Boynton. (Work in Boca)
Old 11-16-2006, 04:32 PM   #389  
Goddess in the Making

S/C/G: 269/260/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi Guys & Gals,

My name is Emily and I'm a newbie to the forums. Well that's not entirely true. I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, but finally decided to introduce myself. I'm a 23 year old Graphic Designer from Indiana. I am engaged to a wonderful man named Josh and we are getting married next October (see my ticker below).

I have been overweight almost all of my life and recently my weight jumped from overweight to obese and with my impending wedding and my heighted health risks (just got some blood work done and my cholestoral was too high for my taste) I decided to try something new. I had been on WeightWatchers on and off for a number of years and had lost between 20-30 lbs over the years with them, but I have gained it all back and then some. I knew I needed to try something new and LAWL just happened to fall into my lap. I work at a health club part time (you'd think I'd be in better shape wink wink) and we were approached by the center to do a promotion with them. My mom and I looked into the program after that and the rest is history. I have been on plan for almost 4 weeks now and it's going very well. There has definately been a learning curve with this diet for me in comparison with Weight Watchers, but I'm starting to get the hang of it and the weight is really starting to move off of me. I am slowly getting back into exercise as I get used to the new way of life on LAWL. I want to be totally comfortable on LAWL before I get in over my head with exercising. Anyhow, the recipes on this forum and in my cookbook have been a great help. I look forward to all of your progress and I hope you will wish me luck with mine! With support from my fiance, family, and friends I am going to get this weight off for good!
EtoileEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #390  

Welcome Emily! Glad to have you here. Jump in with us on the Losers and Friends thread.