Old 07-20-2006, 01:00 AM   #301  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Debbie!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #302  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafiki
I've just found this board this week, just as I determined to get back on the LAWL plan. My name is Debbie and I lost 25 pounds with LAWL 4 years ago and kept it off until last summer. Rather rapidly the pounds have accumulated about 20 in 6-8 months. I am not going to a center (I am living overseas now) just trying to do the program on my own. I was very legalistic about following the plan before, I rarely cheated, but I think that was because I had to confess to the counselor 3 x a week! I always lost 2 pounds a week, but I'm afraid doing it on my own, I will be tempted to cheat.

Another difficulty for me is I live in Nairobi, Kenya and there are no low-fat, sugar-free, or low sodium foods available. I brought the Lite-Salt from the states and Splenda but that is about all I have.

I just turned 48 (July 15), have 3 children, only one at home (DS-14), and am from Alabama. I weighed 150.0 on July 15 and 146 this morning! Feeling very encouraged so far, but I know it is because of all the water I've been drinking.
Debbie
Just curious, what are you doing living in Kenya? Sounds very exotic and exciting!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 150/146/130

Height: 5'8"

Stiesta,
We are missionaries here and I work with missionary families and their children, especially those that homeschool among other things. We've lived here for 6 years and love it! Kenya is a beautiful country.

Debbie
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #304  

Wow, that's so impressive. I can't imagine what it would be like to compeltely GIVE your life like that. You are amazing. Hats off, sister!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 215/215/125

Height: 5'6"

Default new to this site...

I am new to this site/group and figured an intro would make it official. I grew up a very thin girl and maintained without effort until I met my husband and we gained a million pounds together eating out and eating bad and eating a lot!! I justs had my 3rd baby via c-section six weeks ago and am in the fat mode where I have nothing to wear and can't find anything when I go shopping... I am 5'6" and weigh 215 lbs... this is my heaviest non-pregnancy weight and I eventually want to weigh about 125. I have tried BFL before and had great success, so I'm rather undetermined what program I'm going to use this time around. I am interested in LAWL, but know nothing about it. I guess I am shopping around a program that will not have negative impact on breastfeeding. Any tips or info about how LAWL works (like WW??) would be great. Mahalo.
hayngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 197.2/157.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, here goes....my story.

I was always super thin as a kid/teen. Frighteningly so. My Aunt who is a Nurse Practitioner accused me of being anorexic at times. For the record, I never was. I ate whatever I wanted, when I wanted. My lifestyle wasn't overly active. I did the usual kid/teen stuff. I got married pretty young (23) and I think that is when the weight started to change. While trying to conceive, I had to undergo fertility treatments that packed on a few pounds followed by a miscarriage that caused me to become an emotional eater = more pounds. I was getting a bit chubby when I got pregnant with my daughter. My weight ballooned and I was a whopping 205 the day that I delivered her. She was a c-section baby but I didn't have any problem dropping back down to 170 by the time she was 2 months old.

Then over the following 2 years my weight crept back up to 197. I went through a divorce and dropped back down to 160. I was 28, active and the happiest I had been in my whole life. Food just wasn't important and I skipped many meals, not wanting to cook just for 1.

Then my best friend and I got together. Life was great! He and I were so compatible that everyday just got better. Until I lost my job......ugh. That was the beginning of weight balloon two. BEing home all day made me snack. A LOT. I gained about 15 pounds and it leveled out when I went back to work. I made futile attmepts to workout in preparation for our wedding, but I hate exercise so I never got far.

I was 180-185ish when I got pregnant with my son last year. I was 216 the day he was delivered (also by c-section). I figured, no big deal I will breast feed and the weight will drop off just like it did when I was 25.....HA HA! I neglected to account for the fact that I was now a bit over 30 and had decided to be a stay at home mom again. I lost about 26 pounds in the first 6weeks after delivery. Sadly, I gained back 14. I had stopped breast feeding and I reached the heaviest non-pg weight of my life. I have become so sedentary and I love sweet carbs....cake, graham crackers with frosting....stuff like that. It has taken it's toll. I even found myself hoping for a thyroid issue so I could take meds that would make me thinner. I considered (for about 2 seconds) speed....and I've never touched any hard drugs in my life. YIKES!

The straw that broke the camels back was a visit from my sis who is 3 1/2 years older than me. Standing next to her I looked like I was the older one with all this extra weight I'm carrying around. A week after she left I was at LAWL forking over the big bucks and here I am.

I am on day 4 and have dropped 8 pounds already! I'm sure much of that was water, but I will take it where I can get it!
Go Mommy Go! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome D'ann! You have found a great place. We are one great bunch of support. Someone is always around when you have a question, or if you are stumbling. Join us over in the Losers and Friends board where most of our chatter takes place.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #308  
Katie

Welcome DAnn!! Congrats on the 8 lbs, that is awesome!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #309  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Welcome D'Ann--you're gonna love this place!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #310  
STACY

S/C/G: 268/249/217

Smile new to this

Hello everyone,
My name is Stacy. I new to this site. I just joined LAWL 2 weeks ago. I have lost 9.6 pounds but at WI today i gained 1.6 pounds that was hard for me. Im a single mom of two boys and have gained some weight in the last couple of year. I found this site and though it would keep me motivated. if anyone has any suggestion, i would love them.
sforck97@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #311  

Welcome Stacy! Join us in the Losers and Friends thread for the regular chatter. If you have any questions, or need some help with motivation, these girls are great!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #312  
Katie

Welcome Stacy!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #313  
STACY

S/C/G: 268/249/217

Thanks guys for the welcome. Cassi how do i get to that. Like i said im new to this. i need to learn. thanks
sforck97@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #314  

Go to the main area of this section and scroll down. You'll see it.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #315  
FBD/8-18-08

Thumbs up Another LAWL Newbie

Hi from Virginia! I'm new to LAWL but not diets. My husband of 21 years joined and I'm doing it with him although "unofficially". (We can't afford BOTH of us paying for their plan!) We've been doing LAWL 5 days and we've both lost 10#. Even if it is water weight, at least the scale moved in the OTHER direction!
We've been overweight for the last 20 years due to my love of cooking, catering, and trying new recipes, and our love of eating the finished products!
Homeschooling mom of 13 year old and soon to be 16 year old awesome sons. Music/Video/Sound Director at church. And in my "spare" time, I do legal transcription out of my home.
Lastly, I'd like to mention that for days I've looked for a website with LAWL support. On google, this one came up several pages back. THANK GOD I found it! I've already gotten recipes, tips, money saving ideas for the protein bars, and so much more! Thank you so much!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote