Old 06-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 144.8/121/140.6

hi! I'm April. I am 29 years old. I am married with no children. I am 5'-3" and was thin all of my life (about 110-115 lbs), until I got out of college and got a desk job. No exercise, along with not being a teenager anymore, I started gaining. I was at 144 when I started LAWL last week (Wednesday). My goal weight is 121 lbs. I only lost 2.8 lbs in the first week, which kind of worries me. I hear that's usually the biggest week for loss. But it is a holiday week (Memorial Day) and I am on my period (sorry if that is TMI). So I am hoping it will work out!
faraboverubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #227  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome April! Don't worry, at your current weight, 2.8 lbs in a week is great. Be sure to tell yourself that you will continue to lose well, regardless of what week you are on. Remember, the mind is a very powerful thing. Come on over to the June thread and say hello!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #228  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

My name is Sommer and I'm 26 years old. I'm 5'3 and weigh in at about 298 lbs. Yikes. This is the heaviest I've ever been.

My mom passed away at the end of my senior year of high school and I gained 100 extra lbs afterward. A year leater I started LA Weight Loss. I was on it for about 6 months before I moved to Boston where there were no clinics yet in my area. I never went back to a clinic but kept up with the diet until I had lost a little more than 100 lbs and was satisfied with myself. Almost two years ago my Grandma died, the closest person to me, and it all fell apart again. I swelled to 260-270. The last year I've ended up gaining up to the point I'm at now, 298. I am so horrified by this number I can't tell you. All my hard work, gone.

My boyfriend, whom I live with, and I purchased an Elliptical Trainer a couple of weeks ago and I dug out my old LA Weight Loss stuff. I am not going to be paying for the program again, I'm going to use all the stuff I had from the first time I used the plan (purple) and I'm going to look for support and advice from other sources, like you wonderful people.

On a side note, I've been reading these forums for about two weeks now as I tried to decide what I was going to do. I don't know any of you and you certainly don't know me, but I've never been so inspired by anyone as I have all of you. Especially Repo Girl who I think single handedly convinced me I could do this. So thank you.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #229  
Katie

I just read your bio and was very touched. Thank you so much for saying such a kind thing. I truly believe in LAWL, it has definitely changed my life, right at the time I needed a change. So sorry about your mom and grandma. That is so tough. I will tell you that we have a lot of girls who come see us here, post a couple of times, and we never see them again. I always feel bad about that, because I owe my success to this board. While I do have a center to go to, my crazy schedule keeps me from going. I have not been for a few months. But I do come here to 3FC every day. I have recieved so much encouragement, advice, and ideas here, it has really kept me going. So I guess what I am trying to say is, stick around, come see us a lot, ask tons of questions, ask for support when you need it, and soon you will be giving support as well. I read that you going to do purple, and I wanted to tell you that I think at your current weight, you need to do red plus. Purple is too low, you can move to it later. Red plus is 2 1/2 protein, 4 veggies, 4 fruits, 2 dairy, 4 starches, 3 condiments, and one fat, and most importantly, 64 oz of water. The protein sizes are 8 oz of chicken, 6 oz of beef, 3 eggs, etc. Hope I don't sound bossy, I just want to see you be successful, and if you do not get enough food, your body will go into starvation mode, and you will not lose as quickly. Are you going to use bars? Good luck, come on over to the June losers friends thread and say hello. That is where most of the general chatter takes place, and a great place to ask questions. Have a great day! Katie
Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #230  

my name is judy, I'm from indiana, I'm 56 years old, have 2 grown sons,1married,1 not married.2 very special gradchildren 1 boy 15 and 1 girl 10. I was married for 33 years,seperated , Im ok with that now.(divorce in near future)I work in an elementary school cafeteria, Im a cashier.but i still work with food 9-10 months out of the year. Its hard to stay on a diet when working around food all the time. But Im gonna try it again. I started lawl 5-30-06 did fast forward, on purple plan w/lites.I was suppose to go in this AM (Saturday) but THEY called and cancelled may appt.This was the 3rd appt, this was the day they are going to try to sell me la lites, But they said the district manager would not be available until monday. Is this usual or are they really going to put the pressure on me.Oh the best part I've lost 4 lbs doing the fast forward.

Last edited by ruby1; 06-03-2006 at 11:29 AM.
ruby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #231  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Nah you don't sound too bossy! Thanks for the advice, I think I actually have the card for red plus at home too. I just couldn't justify spending all the money to join again when I know how the program works and I have all the stuff and substitutions for the things I can't buy through them anymore. Plus I really like this board. I've been reading almost every day. I have quite a bit of time to do that at work, so I do not forsee myself dropping away after just a couple of posts. We shall see. Alright, off to the June board!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #232  

Hi this is judy how do I get to the june board
ruby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #233  
Katie

Hi Judy! Welcome! Hmmm, maybe they are really gonna put the screws to ya! Just kidding. It is up to you whether you do the lites or not, and I personally do not. I have seen a lot of success on this program either way. Did you find the June thread? It should be at the top of the page under the sticky threads.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #234  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Question

Just curious..can you buy bars that are simular to the lites? I tried LAWL a few yrs ago. It came out to a lot of money. Everytime I went in they tried to sell me something. They said the bars were mandatory. How many plans do they have? At 205 is that the blue?

Thanks

Es

Last edited by Rios426; 06-04-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Rios426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

to all the newbies!

Es - some of the others substitute Lunas for lites. And yes, there are plans that you can do with no lites. In fact, Katie (Repogirl) has been very successful with no lites! From what I understand, they will give you a different program (with a little extra food) if you choose not to do the lites.

I do use the lites (for now, although I'm running out and not sure what I'm going to do if I will invest in more or not), and I'm on Blue. I started at about the same weight as you (208 lbs).
Good Luck to you and come on over to the June thread to post!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #236  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Default HELLO ALL!! So glad to be here!

Hello all!!! My name is Evette. I've been married for 2 years, my anniversary will be coming this July 17th. But, I've been with my husband for 14 years. OMG!!! I'm a newbie, but I've read numerous posts here and love what everyone has to say and how friendly everyone is to one another.

Okay, I guess I'm a lucky person. My DH's cousin paid for the program and is 2 pounds away from her goal, so in order to help me.....she decided to become my counselor and show me how the program works. I started on the Atkins diet late November of last year when I ballooned to 215 pounds. In 5 months i lost 33.5 pounds, but in the last month i hit a plateau. The scale just wouldn't budge and in the end I ended up gaining 5 pounds. I was frustrated and ran to my DH's cousin for help. In 11 days, i've lost 6.5 pounds on the LAWL program. I'm really happy, but now i've hit another plateau. I haven't budged from 175 pounds in 4 days and i'm getting frustrated again. Here's the program she has me on:

2 protein
3 vegetable
3 fruits
2 starches
1 dairy
1 fat
2 la lites (well, LUNA bars actually....from what all of you recommended)

Do any of you know what color program this is and if i'm doing anything wrong. She just told me today to drink warm lemon juice. Help!!! I would like to also know if the portions are right for my weight and all. I work out 2-3 hours a week.

Thank you for everything.

As of today: by receiving help from some of the older members of this site, I started drinking that warm water with lemon and I'm now 3 weeks in to the program and am from a start point of 181.5 on LAWL, I'm now at 169 pounds. 12.5 pounds lost. yay!!!

I'm so happy to meet all of you and look forward to chatting with some of you soon.

Take Care

Last edited by winkie03; 06-09-2006 at 03:47 PM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Hello All,

My name is Angie and I just recently moved to Utah. I am 28 (29 in 3 weeks) and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 12 years. I have 7 beautiful children ages 11, 9, 8, 6, 5, 4, and 1. 6 girls and 1 boy smack in the middle. My heaviest I have ever been is 193 after have my last baby.

I have always been thin but very muscular (never wimpy, used to beat up the boys) I have read and tried everything out there is a desperate attempt to get skinny quickly and found it just won't happen. I did low carb for 2 months and lost 13 pounds but I turned into a pyscho so I decided against doing that. I don't gain weight outside of pregnancy so I have that going for me right now becasue it is very easy for me to mantain but VERY difficult for me to lose. I think that is a lot of peoples problem if you have always been skinny and circumstances make you chubby (don't like the word fat) than it goes against everything in you. I am going for the goal of 140 because I have lost my weight once after 3 kids and was a size 3 at 140. My body has changed so much that I am just going for a size right now not a weight thing. Really want to be a size 6 by Christmas 2006 so I can buy new clothes!!!!

Saw this web site and then decided to join LA. Offically started on June 7,2006 and I am really looking forward to success!!!!!!!!
Hotmamaof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #238  
Katie

Welcome Angie! Come on over to the June Losers and Friends thread and say hello!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #239  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Angie--I can only say WOW! You are an amazing woman with 7 kids so close! I thought Katie's were stairstepped! Good Luck. I think you are already doing great considering what your body has been through.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

Winkie, you are on the purple plan, and so am I.
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote