3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Roll call! (bio's) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/53792-roll-call-bios.html)

Repo girl 02-06-2006 11:18 PM

Welcome Pink!! Don't worry, we can help you make On Plan chili cheese fries!! Can't wait to get to know you. Katie

shennie_97 02-07-2006 09:23 AM

:welcome: pink...come make yourself at home.

thnknthn 02-07-2006 03:54 PM

:welcome3: PF and Leann

So glad you both found your way to 3FATCHICKS!

See you around!

Bernadette

Repo girl 02-07-2006 03:55 PM

Welcome Lea Ann!! Come on over and join us on the Feb losers thread. Katie

ksdiogi 02-11-2006 07:00 PM

Trying something new

Hello, All. My name is Karen. (I guess I'm the 4th? :dizzy: ) I live in Northern Kentucky and have always battled with my weight. I was chubby in school (size 12), balooned in my first year of college, lost 35 pounds my sophomore and junior year on the old WW program (size 10). Then I met DH. We married my senior year of college and steadily went up. At 213 lbs and 6 1/2 years later, I found out I was pregnant. When my daughter was 14 months, I joined Diet Workshop and lost 50 lbs. Then DW closed and I switched to WW points. I lost an additional 25 lbs and life hit me. I gained 80 back. Joined WW again, and lost 30 lbs on the WW Core plan and just stopped. I decided I knew all the cheats to WW so I needed something new. I've been on LAWL for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost 10.8 lbs. When I joined, I was 12 lbs heavier than I weighed 5 days before I gave birth to my daughter and my size 24s were starting to be snug.:sumo:

My frustration: Monday - lost 4.2, Wednesday- stayed the same, Friday- lost 2 tenths of a lb. Mom (doing WW core) is very supportive and keeps reminding me that I'm WI every other day. DH was never supportive the other times. He meant well but would bring in food treats as rewards. Now, he is doing Atkins for the past 4 1/2 weeks and has lost 20 lbs. He still unintentionally tries to sabotage (like making a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon and expecting me to eat it with him at midnight) but he's working on that.:devil:

I have a DSS who is almost 20, a DSD almost 19, and the baby DD is almost 10 going on 17. I'm glad I found this sight. I think the support of this and the frequent WIs will help me be successful.

thnknthn 02-11-2006 07:31 PM

:welcome3: ks

Congratulations for making the decision to start eating right and losing weight. I am making this diet work for me and I know that you can too. We are always here for moral support so jump right in and make yourself at home.

Dont get frustrated 10.8 pds in two weeks is great, remember a loss is a loss, and not a gain! WTG Girl!

Be seeing you around!

Bernadette:cb:

Repo girl 02-12-2006 10:52 AM

Welcome Karen!! Congrats on the 10 lbs, it will only get better from here. See you on the threads! Katie

rad7775 02-21-2006 05:36 PM

Sharing a little bit of me!

Hello:
My name is Milca. I live in Chicago, but I'm from Puerto Rico. I started the LAWL program in Jan 2005 in Tampa. I was doing really fine. When I started the program I was weigh in 243lbs and I lost to 180lbs. Then I have to move to Chicago,because of my husband job(he works in an airline). Worst thing that happen because I hardly have friends in Tampa, I have to start over in Chicago. In Chicago I just give up in my diet. Sometimes I started, then the next day I eat what I want. Ithink that moving so much made me feel depress because I left my job, my friends of my whole life, my family, and material things in Puerto Rico, to move to a place that Idon't have anybody just my husband my son and the baby on the way,because I move from Puerto Rico to Chicago later to Tampa and then to Chicago.
Been pregnant and basically alone makes me eat and gain a lot of weight. I am allways been chubby but never in 243lbs!!! Now I'm obese. I started the program again in 2/2/06 and doing great, I found this site to keep me motivated and it help me a lot. I hope to found new friends and share experiences with them.Thanks!!

deetsmom 02-21-2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad7775
Hello:
My name is Milca. I live in Chicago, but I'm from Puerto Rico. I started the LAWL program in Jan 2005 in Tampa. I was doing really fine. When I started the program I was weigh in 243lbs and I lost to 180lbs. Then I have to move to Chicago,because of my husband job(he works in an airline). Worst thing that happen because I hardly have friends in Tampa, I have to start over in Chicago. In Chicago I just give up in my diet. Sometimes I started, then the next day I eat what I want. Ithink that moving so much made me feel depress because I left my job, my friends of my whole life, my family, and material things in Puerto Rico, to move to a place that Idon't have anybody just my husband my son and the baby on the way,because I move from Puerto Rico to Chicago later to Tampa and then to Chicago.
Been pregnant and basically alone makes me eat and gain a lot of weight. I am allways been chubby but never in 243lbs!!! Now I'm obese. I started the program again in 2/2/06 and doing great, I found this site to keep me motivated and it help me a lot. I hope to found new friends and share experiences with them.Thanks!!

How old are your children now? Youre to be admired for picking up and moving and I know it must be difficult, especially in a city:( We're here for you though!

rad7775 02-21-2006 10:10 PM

Thanks!! My kids are 5 is a boy called Sebastian and a girl she's 2. Sebastian has autism, not the severe one, basically is more hiperactivity and speech problem. Thanks God with a lot of therapy he would move on and will be able to learn He's on Pre k in a regular room and doing great I feel so proud of him. I can't complain Thanks God he is healthy.

deetsmom 02-21-2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad7775
Thanks!! My kids are 5 is a boy called Sebastian and a girl she's 2. Sebastian has autism, not the severe one, basically is more hiperactivity and speech problem. Thanks God with a lot of therapy he would move on and will be able to learn He's on Pre k in a regular room and doing great I feel so proud of him. I can't complain Thanks God he is healthy.

My sons are just 7 in December, 4 (will be 5 in may) and just 2. My oldest was thought to have autistic tendencies when he was 2 and has been reviewed by a neurologist for his diagnosis. Its not autism,but hes had speech and developmental issues over the years. He has done really well in school with the help of speech, an OT and other assisted learning aids who have integrated him well and now hes one of the top readers and math kids in his class. There are some quirks that remain and always will. Raising kids is challenging enough, right?!

ads422 03-13-2006 03:15 PM

I all, I'm angi my goal is to loose 49lbs by Aug 1...i'm at 189.4. I went to the dr a week ago he wrote down a diagnosis of OBESITY. arrgghh! So wish me luck...

Repo girl 03-13-2006 03:17 PM

Hi Angi, and welcome!! You have come to a great place for inspiration and help. Good luck!! Katie

duckyfresh 03-14-2006 03:08 PM

Hi, I'm Meg. I joined LAWL about a month ago, I'm on my 2nd booklet as of yesterday.

So far, I've lost around 8lb and am plateau'd already, but this happens every time. I plateau every 4 or 5 pounds for a week or so, and then I keep going. It's frustrating, but I know my pattern.

The tough part for me is getting in all the water and the vegetables. I get most of my veggies in at lunch, sometimes all 4 servings, because we have a salad bar here at work that I can go load up vegetables from, and eat with my frozen whatever I have for the day.

I'm a single mom with a 5 year old daughter with ADHD, so frankly, I'm exhausted. I've noticed my daughter is starting to pick up some healthier habits, she prefers the low fat peanut butter I buy to the regular, now, and she doesn't complain when I buy the sugar-free jelly, and the 10calorie Kool-Aid juice boxes for her. This makes me happy, if I can help myself and instill good values in her at the same time, I've accomplished something more than I set out to do in the first place.

I bought the Billy Blanks Boot Camp DVD's and tried them once. I hurt for a week after that, and am only feeling whole enough to try again. The squats killed me :)

I do have some trouble staying on-program but like my counselor said, "You're losing weight so you're doing SOMETHING right". I enjoy substituting peanut butter for a protein on occasion, and I try to stick to the same menu every day because frankly, it's just easier for me. I swap out egg whites with eggs for breakfast, due to the 3 servings/week limit. I'd never gotten many protiens before I started here, I'm realizing.

Anywho, I have rambled. I've been lurking here for several weeks, I hope I can keep posting, I'm not very good at remembering such things :D

Repo girl 03-14-2006 03:19 PM

Hi Meg, and welcome!! Sounds like you are doing well on your plan, 8 lbs is great. What plan are you on?