3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #27

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 12:46 PM   #46

Default Hi girls!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I lost 2 3/4 lbs total this week. I'm avg about 2 3/4 lbs/week. That's total of 14 1/4 in 5 wks. I'm trying to enjoy it but I'm holding my breath because I'm so afraid of hitting a plateau and getting discouraged. It's just my pattern in the past.

Bela,
My motivation for now is that my size 22s are huge on me. I want to get to my size 18s for now. I'm trying to make short term goals for now! 5lbs at a time.
I also haven't been totally faithful to the program either.
I still will have an occasional slice of pizza (I make sure it's more veggies than anything though) If I totally 100% stick with the program, I'll go nuts! I have made some real strides though in my eating habits, which is a real big goal for me. It's still a struggle though when I get really tired and stressed and somedays, I have to take it "one meal at a time". The counselors don't necessarily agree with the "cheating" but it's my sanity
and they know it. The counselors at my center are wonderful. 3 of the 4 are on the program now. They are really supportive so it's like we're all in this together. They are just getting paid for being on the program and
counseling. Hang in there! You've done a great job.

You all are my inspiration! That's why I'm glad you all are here! Have a great day!

Janie
Old 05-20-2001, 01:23 PM   #47
Need Support

Default Hi Janie

I am so happy for your success.
I am just down the highway from you. Probably an hour south on I-65. I am at exit 46 columbia exit.
If you are every in the area let me know. How long have you been on this site?
I am so glad I Karen told me about it .
Thanks Karen. With as much as I have to lose, I will be here for a long time.
Janie, did you check out the convention thread? Check it out.
See ya later
Sharon
Old 05-20-2001, 04:54 PM   #48

Default It is worth it in the long run!

Hi all,
i am not on LA but I was on it in the past so I like to see how others are doing on the program. I won't knock it because i know that one thing may work for one person
but not for another. It wasn't for me but what I do know is that whatever works for you, in the long run, it is so worth it. I have lost 43 pounds and I have about another 5 to go. If I could bottle up this feeling I would give it to everyone when they feel like throwing in the towel. I look at my before picture and I realize what I have gone through. You are all so worth it. Use before pictures, a piece of clothing, good friendships to help you through your weight loss journey.

Believe me, there is a pot of gold at the end of it all!

Fran
Old 05-20-2001, 09:20 PM   #49

Default Hi

Hi Everyone. I thought I would pop on tonight cause I want to eat something....LOL. For some reason tonight is hard for me. I thought posting it might help me not give in to it. We can help each other. I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Lorrie

Old 05-20-2001, 10:18 PM   #50

Default good idea!!!!

Lorrie,
That's a great idea! I'm a little "hormonal" today. I've wanted something sweet tonight. The supplement didnt' help so I'm in here with you!!!! I haven't eaten it, but I've not done too well today; although it could have been worse! So I'm here instead though!

Sharon,
We've been in Gallatin for about 2 yrs. We are originally from Hopkinsville, Ky. My husband got a job at Channel 5 as an engineer, so here we are! I work at the local hospital as a patient educator/staff computer trainer.
I love TN. I'm a little homesick at times! That's one reason I'm so grateful for this web site. Great support!
I hear it's beautiful country where you are at. Are you around McMinnville or am I in the wrong direction! Have a great day! Talk to you later!
Janie
Old 05-20-2001, 10:20 PM   #51

Default Sharon

What convention site are you referring too? I'm up for anything new.
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 05-20-2001, 11:57 PM   #52
Need Support

Default Convention

When you get on the message boards main page scroll down to 100lb Club. Almost to the bottom of the page.
In there they are talking about getting together in a city in about a year to see how well we all have been doing. I suggested Nashville, maybe the opryland hotel.
Sharon
check it out.
Old 05-21-2001, 09:01 AM   #53

HI all i just want to thank you for your ideas and support, I would like to say I made it throught the weekend but I didn't - I had a slice of pizza and a big ol'
bowl of white rice (my second of the week so I exceeded my limited starch) at least I didn't hit ben&jerrys though, so it was a small win in the battle - I guess I too am feeling really hormonal and we are househunting in this horrible tight expensive market - the thought of spending 300k is pushing me over the edge - sometimes I hate living in NY!!! anyway thanks sharon I pulled together someof my before fotos from my 127 days and side by side them with my 227 pics , my god I look a hundred years older when I am heavier!! Lorrie, I like the fact that you got on and posted instead of binginig way to go - i have to weigh in today and fess up to my wrong doings - plus that TOM is coming around again (man it seems like it gets closer and closer every month ...lol) needless to say it feels like my boobs weigh about 2lbs more each (sorry TMI, but I know you all know what I mean)

I also posted on the convention thread - anytime anyplace I would love to meet the women who's support is keeping me haning in there

thanks again all for listeninng and supporting have a great one
Old 05-21-2001, 09:37 AM   #54

Default re:

I will be weighing in tomorrow. So good luck today on your weigh in Bela.

Also, where is this convention board? I would like to check it out.

Lorrie

Old 05-21-2001, 10:13 AM   #55

Hi Lorrie

I have never done this before but let me try to see if I can do this link thing righthttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4946&goto=newpost

just in case ( since my computer skills are lacking) - go to 100 lb club and look for the thread marked convention
Old 05-24-2001, 09:23 AM   #56

Default Where are you all?

Hi, Everyone! I've been reading this post since November, 2000.
Don't know why I have never posted, but you have all really been
helpful! I actually chose LAWL by reading the posts and seeing
your overall opinions. I have also learned many things by reading
this thread. I joined LAWL Feb 23. I've lost 37 1/2 pounds and need to
lose another 46 1/2. I was just wondering why nobody has been posting
lately? Did you all go somewhere else? Thanks!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:35 AM   #57

Default Welcome to the group!

Dear Going,
Yes we're all still here, but we've been posting at the 100 lb club at Conventions?. I guess it's the whole website membership is seriously thinking about getting together sometime next year. If you're interested you can go back to the forum and find the 100lb club and look under conventions? We all spend so much time here, it only seems natural to finally meet face to face.

Congratulations on your weight loss!!! That's really awesome. This is definitely the place to be! Everybody is a great help here. I struggle with trying to lose weight and I've hung with this since April 10 and I've lost 15# as of today. Every oz I lose or meal I make it thru is a blessing! Glad to have you here!
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 05-24-2001, 09:38 AM   #58

Default Hi

Sorry, I haven't been on. I have been busy. I weighed in on Tuesday and stayed the same. I am going to be gone this weekend, so won't be on. I hope everyone else is doing good.

Lorrie

Old 05-24-2001, 01:57 PM   #59

Hi, ladies! It has been quite here. I weighed in Wed and lsot 1 pound. I slipped up yesterday and had some tortilla chips. I ahve been exercising so It may not matter.

Talk to all of you soon,
Karen
Old 05-24-2001, 03:21 PM   #60

Default Still here!

I had a 1 3/4lb increase on Monday. I'm falling back into my "emotional eating habits". I'm having some major PMS in the middle of the month. I'm not sure what's happening, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. After eating pretty much what I wanted, the 1 3/4 lb was my reward!
HA! Some major stress going on in my life too! I went back to the Take-off yesterday and I'm struggling to hang with it, but I've just got to! There's no choices here! I'm only 15lbs down so gotta hang with it!!!!
I go back tomorrow to weigh and I'll let you know how it goes!

Janie

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.