Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 12:08 PM   #31  

Default Tea

I did not mean to start something here. Sorry. LA has a tea similar to this one. I have used it very mild and had good results. But you are right, everyone is different.

Lorrie
Old 05-17-2001, 01:49 PM   #32  

Mrs. Jim, I just wanted to clear somehting up. I am not planning to use dieters tea to lose weight!! I have been constipated lately and someone mentioned it above and I was curios if it would hlep. I have never even taken a laxitive before. If you read my post above you will see I have been eating prunes to remedy this problem right now. I have worked very hard at losing what I have lost so far and I don't want people thinking I use laxitatives to lose weight. I really was upset after reading your post. I know you were trying to help.

Lorrie, was just trying to help me with the constipation problem. (Thanks, Lorrie) If you read my post above I said I was constipated and I have not tried the tea before. This is the first time I have heard of it.

I am working very hard at my weightloss right now and I am a little sensitive right now. I have lost over 60 pounds the hard way with no drugs, laxatives, ect. Just eating right and a multivitamin (when I remember). I rarely take any medicines unless I have too. I just don't like them.

Sorry, about the book Ladies!! I am just so emotional right now. I think after I weigh in on Sat I will feel much better. I am just an emotional person right now!

Karen
Old 05-17-2001, 02:09 PM   #33  

karen - no need to apologize - totally understandable and I got a little heated when I read the post to because I know that is not what we are doing here!! We are not losing weight through laxatives we are adjusting our lifestyles and eating habits, definitely not looking for a quick fix, but the concern was thoughtful

as for the tea - I have utilized it when my millers bran, prunes and coffee had no effect , and it got me back to being regular (at the risk of sounding gross, i felt quite backed up) I have also read and utilized that zucchini (as my veggie serving) helps - good luck and keep it up!

as for me - they suggested and i agreed to the express to get me rolling again and guess what - yup still hanging at 212 - this bod loves to lose like 5 pds then hang at that weight for a few weeks than lose 5 more, quite annoying but I have mades some adjustments to when Ihave my protein etc so maybe that will get it moving again

have a good day all
Old 05-17-2001, 03:27 PM   #34  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default karenwarren

I didn't mean to get anyone upset at all. Sorry!

I happen to love prunes - or "dried plums" as the California Prune Council is now calling them. You may also want to try flaxseed - I add it to oatmeal sometimes. When on Optifast in '90, we were all required to take either FiberCon or Metamucil to make up for the lack of fiber in our diet...I prefer FiberCon myself, much easier to swallow those tablets as opposed to that grainy Metamucil...
Old 05-17-2001, 03:54 PM   #35  

Default Weight loss and emotions!

I honestly think that when you are losing weight, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose, it can be very emotionally draining. All my life, food has been my comfort. For the first week or 2 of the LAWL, I was a real witch! Now it has become the battle of my life and when I feel like I'm not winning at the battle I can get very ill with whoever gets in my path. "good morning" can illicit a response that's not even human! Karen, don't feel bad about your response and Mrs Jim, please understand that weight loss is a very touchy subject for all of us, so that's why were here. I've gone the laxitives, diuretics and finger down the throat route myself. I believe that all of us feel that these weren't safe, so that's why were here. We want to do it the healthy way, the way that is going to stay off so we can live longer! I want to see my kids grow and my grandkids. Thanks for your information on the "natural laxatives". There was some info in there I didn't even know. I tried green tea one time and I, like yourself, spent the majority of my day in the BR. I have a friend though that could drink a cup every hour and she'd still need a stick of dynamite! Everybody is sensitive these days. That's why I'm here. I feel safe here with people that know what I'm going thru and I can verbalize my feelings. Hang in there everyone! We're in this together!
Sorry for the soapbox!
Janie
Old 05-17-2001, 05:45 PM   #36  
choose it to loose it:)

Hi gals, Well I weighed in today and I am down another #. But what is really weird is that I was down a 1 1/2. Normally my scale and there's aren't that close in the weight department.

You might want to try Uncle Sam's cereal. My husband eats it like it's going out of style. I on the other hand can't stand it. I am pretty picky when it comes to that stuff. As he says a clean colon is a happy colon

I am so glad that we have these sites that we can vent and cry on.

My dad went in for the swollow test and they also did a thyroid test as well as a gallbladder test on him. He won't find out those results until Monday sometime.

Chat later

Neb2
Old 05-17-2001, 06:18 PM   #37  

Default tea

I guess I was not thinking clearly when I wrote the post. I do not use laxatives to lose weight either. I know on this plan you can get constipated. I have. I was told about the tea to just help if I am constipated, no more than taking a mild laxative for that. I am sorry if it sounded like I was trying to get Karen to take the tea to cheat the scales. That was not my intention. I lost the 93 lbs by very hard work and a year to do it in. So now that that is cleared up, I weigh in tomorrow and will post how I do. It will be day 3 for the take off. Glad that will be over. I hope everyone else does well and this board really does help each other out.

Lorrie
Old 05-18-2001, 12:56 PM   #38  
Need Support

Default Hi All

At L A Weight Loss I think they said to drink lemon in hot water to make you not constipated.
I have not had a problem as of yet. I am down 3 more pounds and that is 23 total.
I was up 2 1/4 pounds a few days ago. Not knowing what I did wrong, I told them I twisted my back last week and I am on a musle relaxer and anti inflammatory medicine. Guess the relaxer can make you hold water. Anyway, lost the 2 1/4 plus 3/4 more.
I am going to Michigan the first two weeks in July, so I am planning now what I can eat so I don't blow it while I am at my Moms.
I wish there was an L A weightloss close to her. She lives in Waterford, Mi, but the closest one is about 20 miles away. I is recuperating from cancer surgury and then a broken ankle. She has been very blessed. As of now no cancer, and needed no chemo. But she went to get the mail after recuping from her surgury and broke her ankle slipping on ice going to the mailbox.
She needs to lose about 80 lbs and I wish she would try this. I wrote L A weight loss when I was in Michigan to see if there was going to be one in her area and they said you could do it at home.
That would not help me at all, I think be accountable every other day helps tremendously.
I just love the gals at my franchise. They are so supportive each time I go in , and they are that way with everyone.
I feel so lucky to have them.
I was told it would take me 43 weeks to lose 130 pounds and so far as I said before 23 pounds in 6 weeks. I am so excited. Next year is my 30 year class reunion, of course I am not losing just because of that. I want to feel better and be able to play with my kids. An eight year old and 13 yr old.
I wish all of you the very best with your weight loss programs also.
Until Later,
Sharon
Old 05-18-2001, 01:34 PM   #39  

Sharon,
You sound like me! I have lost 13# in 6 weeks. I have another 54# to go, but this has been so easy that I believe after all these years of slowly putting on over 80lbs I'm going to get it off! I have a 5y/o and a 9y/o. I also have a 19 y/o. My daughter (9y/o) is my biggest cheerleader. I hope I instill some better habits with her! She is a little skinny petite thing who like ice cream and pizza. Hopefully she won't have a weight problem, but this program has instilled a lot of knowlege of how to really lose the weight or/keep it off. I go weigh today. Hopefully I'll be down a pound or two. Talk to you all later.
Janie
Old 05-18-2001, 02:02 PM   #40  

Thanks ladies for all your help. Sorry, Mrs. Jim I was having a bad day. Sometimes I wish i had gone the easier route and took pills but I know eating healthy is the best way to lose weight. I ahve tried the prunes. I noticed they call them dried plums now.

I am no longer constipated so i never tried the tea. I am cheap and since I ahve a huge bag of prunes I kept using them. Thanks, for all the suggestions. I was so frustrated but I am feeling better now!

you are all so nice. I am glad I can come here to vent. I had to miss weigh in toady and I will go tomorrow instead. I am going crazy wondering if I finnally lost something. I ahte this darn plateau!! I had to baby sit today so I had an easy time staying on track since I was busy. I love the job I get to bring my kids along and they get to play while I make a little money.

I better go now!
karen
Old 05-18-2001, 03:09 PM   #41  
choose it to loose it:)

Hi gals,

According to my scale I am down another 1/2#. From Yesterdays 1 1/2# decend. Pretty cool huh I am just surprised that I had lost that much weight in that lenght of time. I was also craving my carbs again yesterday but I didn't give in. I just added another protein (which I know that you aren't suppose to do it but I did anyway). And It was cottage cheese after I had a hamburger. I don't normally do that but I figured that I would give it a try.

Well I will close for now

Neb2
Old 05-18-2001, 08:58 PM   #42  

Default re

Glad to see everyone is doing good. Sounds great. I weighed in today and lost 4 lbs. I was thrilled. This is day 3 of the take off. Now tomorrow I start the purple plan. I am so happy. I had gained 4 lbs since I quit and now that I am back, in 3 days I lost it. Now comes the hard work and sticking to my plan. I can do it. I know it.
Weekends are hard, but if we have each other we can all do it. Good luck this weekend everyone.

Lorrie
Old 05-19-2001, 12:19 PM   #43  

Hi, everyone! I am doing much better! I weighed in this morning and lost 1/2 a pound. It looks like I may be coming out of my plateau! Yippie! Thanks all of you for helping me keep going! I finnally got the counselor I liked today. She told me to switch around my foods. I might be eating too much of the same stuff. I didn't even realize I was doing it. She used to praise me when I started for how I ate a variety of foods. I am going to try to eat like that again. That may be part of the reason I did so well in the beginning. I am so excited I finnally know I can break the plateau!

I hope all of you have a great weekend!!!

Karen
Old 05-20-2001, 10:17 AM   #44  

karen that is great news - congrats

i weighed in yesterday wk 8 - and lost 2 more so that is 24 pds in 8 weeks (but i lost 13 in the first 2 , so i reall say its 11 pds in 6 wks) but at least i got past that 212 number finally

just curious all - what do u feel works for you to keep going when u feel like "forget it, i just don't wanna do this anymore - somebody pass me the ben & jerrys (or whatever your vice is)" i know the end will justify the means and that a healty WOE is the way to go but sometimes i just get so depressed about it all, i just feel like i can't do it anymore , for me I tend to go and watch a movie and absorb myself into it (gee - slight tendancy to try and escape reality you think?...lol) just curious what everyone else does to combat the negative mode -

have a good day all
Old 05-20-2001, 12:27 PM   #45  
Need Support

Default Hi Bela

You are doing great!
I know the feeling about what is the use sometimes. It feels that I will never hit my goal.
But I am trying to think of some things to keep me motivated.
I thought I would keep photos of myself at my starting weight. Maybe put something on that photo that says "Never going Back" or " On my way to a healthier me". etc. Something like that. Maybe in one of those pocket size photo albums. I am trying to think of something I can do when I go out and I am tempted to cheat, like look at the album and see what can happen if I go back to eating the wrong things.
Maybe make a suggested list of places to eat that are on program and keep a list of what can be ordered that that restaurant.
Let husband order for me and I can sit down. I want this so bad, but in the next instant I could see someone with pizza or a food I should not eat and it is like it is calling my name.
I dont know, I guess I could just think it is Satan calling my name and resist. Any ideas anyone?
I guess I could put a page in my photo album with the devil holding all of the things that I should not have and resist him. Does that sound stupid to you? I guess I am desperate.
I just love L A weigh loss. Wish it came to town sooner than it did. I have only known about it for a couple of months.
How about you?
Sharon44
Closed Thread