Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 07:34 AM   #16  
choose it to loose it:)

Hi all, I am going to weigh in today. I didn't yesterday because I was up 2 lbs so I decided not to do it. I weighed myself on my scale at home before I eat or anything or get dressed or anything. I think that is the best way to weigh yourself. That way yu don't have anything in your tummy or anything.

I got up at 4:30 in the am to workout with my hubby, I really didn't want to. I just seem to have lost steam now that I am not loosing any weight. I feel like I am getting stronger with the exersise but I don't feel like it is doing anything for my weight

Janie, I agree with you on the bread. I find if I eat a lot of it I start to crave it more.

Well I think I will take a nap b/f I have to take my hubby to work.

Neb2
Old 05-15-2001, 09:07 AM   #17  

Thanks, Margaret!! I am going to do that today! I have been eating the smaller size of protein lately so I guess I did switch a little bit. I may have already gotten to 190 because yesterday I weighed in at 191. I ams eeing a counselor right now who isn't the best one at the center. The one I like has been busy lately so I keep getting the oter one. She probably would ahve switched me already. I already eat my 2 fruits in the morning so that isn't too much of a change to me.

did I get it right?
Gold
2 proteins
3 veggies
2 starches
3 fruits
2 LA
1 fat
1 dairy
Morton Slat and 64 oz. water

I am hypoglycemic So I split my food up into 6 meals/snacks so I don't get shaky. Thanks for the info thoguht it will help me to switch to gold!

Bela, this was my first plateau but I did finnally start losing a little bit at each weigh in like 1/4 pound ect. I did hit a very short plateau a while ago (march i think)but I switched to eating more food at breakfast and lunch with a light dinner and it worked great. I lost 5 pounds right after doing that. I can't eat any lighter for dinner without starving so i thoguht a new plan would help.

All of you are great! it really helps me to read and post here.

Karen
Old 05-15-2001, 08:44 PM   #18  
choose it to loose it:)

I went and got weighed today and found out that I had lost 1/2 lbs. I wished that it was more but it's only Tues so I guess I can't complain to much

Neb2
Old 05-16-2001, 09:35 AM   #19  

Default Back to LA

Well, I am back everyone. I haven't been to LA since February. I got very discouraged. But now I am motivated again. I went back. I had only gained 4 lbs so I was glad about that. I have lost 93 lbs with LA but had really gotten bored I guess. But it does work if you follow it. I am back and want to lose 40 more lbs. I am a life time member so it was easy to go back. I am starting with the 3 day take off.

Lorrie
Old 05-16-2001, 10:10 AM   #20  

Spring manor: What does a lifetime member of LA weight loss mean? I have been struggling with the same 2 lbs for about 6 weeks. I was on gold and was switched to purple for 10 days. I am still stuck. I think they are going to tell me to quit the weight lifting and exercising which I won't do. Actually I have about 12 more lbs to get to goal. I am not ready to give up yet, but have been really struggling with the food. I have been craving carbs like crazy. Thank goodness the hugh bucket of pretzels my husband bought a few weeks ago is finally out of the house. Last weekend he went a little overboard with buying fruit... So I have eaten too much fruit. I need to get back into control and have been having some difficulty. I don't know if I'm on a plateau because I'm struggling, or if I'm struggling with the food because I am on a plateau. I haven't gone to weigh in since Saturday.... I have to go today or tomorrow. The only positive thing here is that it has been 6 weeks and my weight has been stable. It is probably the first time in my adult life that my weight hasn't changed in 6 weeks. In years past I would have probably gained at least 5 lbs by now. I am sure all the exercise is probably saving my butt. Thanks for listening.
Old 05-16-2001, 12:09 PM   #21  

Default lifetime member

I was asked if I wanted to be a lifetime member at my center so I paid them 200 more and became a lifetime member. So now I can come forever. I never have to pay again. I figured this way they won't keep hitting me up for money. I still have to pay for my bars though.

Lorrie
Old 05-16-2001, 12:15 PM   #22  

Default Plateau

I was bouncing up and down in weight also. I got bored and thought I would give up. But I did not want to gain the weight back. I took the break and now feel I am ready to go on. I was depressed because I did not lose everything in the time span they said. I guess I just needed to realize that my body will lose it on its own time not theirs. So I am back and going to try and lose this last 40 lbs.

Lorrie
Old 05-16-2001, 02:43 PM   #23  

Hi, Ladies!

Lorrie, welcome! It is nice you can go back and not have to pay. Sound like you lucked out. I ahve a little less than 40 pounds to go right now myself.

Mom, I am struggling also. I am getting very frustrated right now. I admire how you have done with your plateau. I wish I was handeling mine that well!

Neb2, great job with the loss. Every bit counts!

I am having such a hard time and I don't understand why. I have switched myself to Gold but I am still not losing. I actually gained 1/4 pound at weigh in. I think their is something wrong. A different girl weighed me. I have been weighing at home this week because I was at a plateau. At home I have lost but I gained at the center. I really think it might be possible that the girl messed up. She did it too fast and I don't think she gave it enough time to settle tot he correct weight. I was upset and still am. Mostly because I am hungry every afternoon and I really wish I could eat something else. I did get measured and I lost almost 9 inches since the last measurement. I just feel like giving up right now. The counselor is new and not very good she doesn't give much support or help. She just read the journal and said I did nothing wrong. On top of all of this I have had bad stomach aches lately. Last night I felt sick. I can't even eat a cracker to help.

I am sorry for being so whinny but I know some of you might understand. I don't know what else to do to break this plateau. I may just have to exercise every day. I might go right now even though my stomach hurts.

Talk to all of you later!
Karen
Old 05-16-2001, 03:14 PM   #24  

karen - keep on going you are doing so incredible , as I read your post I started to cry because you are one of my inspirations to keep going and I hate to hear you sad and frustrated- I have never seen anyone lose weight as consistently as you - you will get through this (and for purely my own selfish reasons you have to because you are a true inspiration to many on this board , myself included) I had asked you about the plateau for this reason , I was just curious because I had not seen anyone lose so on track as you have - are you exercising? the only reason why I ask is that if you exercise over 5 hours per week you should be on red (at least that is the way it used to be) as for your poopy counselor always remember you have us to cheer you on to victory and offer support - you can do this karen I know you can
Old 05-16-2001, 04:11 PM   #25  

Default Plateau

Karen, I don't want to sound personal or anything, but are you constipated? Didn't know how to say it any other way..sorry. Sometimes if you aren't regular then that can plateau you and cause stomach aches. I use Dieters Tea when I hit plateaus like that and sometimes that helps. It cleans you out good.

Lorrie
Old 05-17-2001, 06:01 AM   #26  

Default Keeping on track

Hi again LAer's
Well, I have been like a yoyo for the last 4 weeks. I do not consistantly follow the plan everyday. So I weighin and lose 1# and then by the end of the week I gain it back. Or I have been so good and know I would have lost more than a pound but because of my inconsistancy I only lose 1 pound. So, I decided to go back and do what I did once in the past. I bought some smiley face stickers and put up my calendar by my pc where (my home weight control center..hehehe) and each day I stay on program I get a smiley face on that day. I look back and watch for my patter to show. This really helps me stay on track. Since I started this I have CONSTISTANTLY lost 3 lbs...YAHOOOO.....This is so juvenile but I guess I am childlike still....whatever it takes...lol ladybugplus
Old 05-17-2001, 07:53 AM   #27  

Default Morning everyone

Hi everyone, hope today is a good day for everyone. I am on day 2 of take off. I will be glad when it is over.

Laura...
Whatever works then go for it. Sounds like you are back on track. We all have to do what works for us, so no it is not childish.

Karen...
I hope you have a good day today. Just remember how good you will look when you reach your goal. How good you will feel. I am trying to keep a positive attitude and tell myself that food does not control me. I am in control of my life.

Lorrie
Old 05-17-2001, 08:49 AM   #28  

Thank you Lorrie and Bela!!! I do feel a little better today! You are so nice. I have been a little constipated lately and I have tried prunes and bran Cereal. I think maybe the tea is a good idea. I have never had this problem before. I fell so much better after reading your posts! I am weighing in tomorrow or Sat I am not sure which. I have to Baby sit tomorrow so I would have to weigh in the afternoon. I think it would be better to go Sat in the morning since that is my usual time. It will probably drive me crazy waiting till then but I will survive.

Lorrie, where to you get the dieters tea? Is it available in stores or do I have to buy it from LA Weightloss? Thanks! I do exercise but not the 5 hours so i am on the right plan. (I think)

LadyBugPlus, way to go 3 pounds is amazing!!! I post on another board and we have an On Program challenge that is fun. We post everyday and confess if we slipped or kept On program. I really like it helps me stay on track. You have a good idea with the stickers.

Well, I better go now! Good luck all of you and thanks for keeping me going. I was ready to give up yesterday! Now, I am ready to lose the rest!!

Karen

Last edited by karenwarren; 05-17-2001 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-17-2001, 09:36 AM   #29  

Default Dieters Tea

You can get Dieters Tea at Walgreens, Grocery Store (by the Tea Section), also at Mejers. LA has one but I like this one the best and is cheaper. You can get it at the health food store also. It is Laci LaBeau, a maroon and yellow box. Only steep it a short time your first time. It works good.

Good Luck...Let me know how your weigh in goes.

Lorrie
Old 05-17-2001, 12:04 PM   #30  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Dieter's Tea - a warning...

Laci Le Beau Dieter's Tea contains senna, a very strong herbal laxative. (that's the 'secret' of the dieter's tea - its laxative and dehydration effects).

Even if you don't steep it for a very long while, it can have quite painful and embarrassing side effects, as I know from agonizing personal experience...In 1987 I drank a very weak cup in the morning - by afternoon I was so cramped and bloated that I had to take the rest of the day off from work...

There are also several documented cases of fatalities as a result of using these teas. Please read Laura Fraser's "Losing It" for more information on these teas.

Remember...just because it's natural, doesn't necessarily make it safe to use...

...also, laxatives are NOT a safe, effective or (for that matter) permanent way of weight loss. Many anorexics and bulemics use laxatives (herbal and others) to flush their systems...and end up needing more and more to get the same effects - or wind up in the hospital as a result of using laxatives.

Any doctor will tell you that laxative products should only be used if you are experiencing constipation (I'm not including products such as Metamucil or FiberCon, which many people take regularly in order to ensure they're getting adequate fiber).

I myself have gone the laxative route (not only with "Dieter's Tea" but also Ex-Lax and Correctol). All they did was make me miserable, cramped up, gassy and dehydrated - what 'weight' I did lose came back on as soon as I drank a couple of glasses of water.

Does LAWL advocate the use of these teas??? If so, I'm shocked...
Closed Thread