Old 01-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #751  
BAS
BAS

Good Evening Ladies:

Karen - WTG girl on the choices at the breakfast buffet - you have really gotten it together girl - I am so dang proud of you. Now we have to just find a fun exercise for you to do. I'm gonna walk on the treadmill a little and then go do "Walking Off the Pounds" too I think. Oh and thank you so much for all the information you sent me. It seems hard to believe that I can eat that much and that it tastes good.

I still can't find the bars but if I read it correctly I can substitute any protein bar that is around 110 calories. Well I went to a drug store today with my mom while meeting my daughter to return GD and they had a clearance (BIG TIME) on all these bars - 25 cents each. I bought them all - People at the counter I think thought I was nuts - I even carried the little display boxes up with them in it. They were about 5 varieties. I like my chocolate too Karen - don't wish to part with it.

On the yogurt - I couldn't find any small Dannon light without fruit - do they make it in small containers? My son made Lasagna for supper - OH Man it looked good. But instead had a turkey burger, 1/2 baked potato and small salad. I still get another fruit later but I'm full.

I love the snow blower story - is sucks that your hubby's kindness will probably costs you money in the long run but it was very nice of him to help out.

Well my hubby and son are watching football (ug) in their respective rooms so I think I'll put in a good movie and walk the treadmill for a bit. My son was on it earlier and he needs to lose weight. Actually its nice to see him try to lose weight. Before he got Diabetes II he never really cared. Now he reads the labels. BUT unfortunately he felt he could have two helpings of Lasagna because he burnt off this certain number of calories earlier. I didn't have the heart to tell him - so much for burning off the calories. He's right where he started.

Okay I'm gonna get going and walk walk walk - I sure wish I had an exercise buddy - or two. A movie will have to take ites place tonight.

Oh tomorrow will be my official weigh in day with this new plan.

Have a wonderful evening - Hugs

BAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 06:49 PM   #752  

Barbara-
You want protein bars that are closer to 180 calories...that is what most of the LA Lites are. What kind did you buy today? I hope they were not luna glows...I just threw away the ones I bought on ebay. I just couldnt eat them they tasted so bad! For yogurt...I usually buy the generic store brand...in vanilla. I know you are supposed to have the plain...but I dont like it. The vanilla has the same calories (and I buy nonfat).
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:13 PM   #753  

Good evening, chicks -

We thankfully didn't get slammed with snow - only about 4 inches - and a dry snow, I could even sweep it off. . .

Beverly - if your protein bars are about 100-110 cals each, you may want to think about 3 a day - the lites are 180 so 2 are 360, so 3 of the lower calorie bars would about equal that. About the yogurt, I find nonfat, no sugar in many flavors - without the fruit. They seem to average between 90 to 120 cals for either 6 oz or 8 oz.

Karen, you go chickie! Sounds like you've got a great idea - which is more important in the long run - the breakfast, or the calories?

Fiona - good luck at the open house today!

Marcie - no bikini for me. . .don't want to give those old men any ideas. . .

Sy - had to laugh, although I'm sure it wasn't funny. It almost sounded like one of the Dave Barry columns about barbecuing.

Diane - I'm leaving on next Sunday thru the following Sunday, we're on a Princess Cruise (the Love Boat) going around the western carribbean - Jamaica, Mexico, etc. I'm just wanting sunshine that I can stay out in. .Now, if you work on the arm muscles I'm sure that by the end of winter you can push DF into the snow. . .

Catch you all tomorrow!

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:09 PM   #754  

Hey gals - again -

The open went okay - totally dead for the first three hours and 50 minutes, then I had two different couples stop in in the last 10 minutes! The first ones just wandered through, said thanks and left, but the second couple examined everything and ended up keeping me about 15 minutes past 'closing' (not that I minded!). It was definitely good practice on dealing with a more critical prospect. Who knows - they've got my card, although I did see their car at an open just a few blocks down as I was leaving. As with the first one I did, I thought of some good questions to ask, after the fact, that I'll have to keep in mind for next time.

I didn't eat as much as I should have before I left, so by 2:30 when I was all done I was famished - I met DH and the in-laws at Bakers Square and had some delicious chicken pasta thing - not entirely OP but since I doubt I'm going to be hungry for more than a salad later, I don't think it should be too damaging.

Karen - WAY TO GO at breakfast - restaurants are one of my biggest downfalls (see above - lol) and you did great - I'm definitely going to have to keep your "affirmation" in mind - "do I want (fill in food) or do I want to be ### in the morning?" I love it!

Sy - I'm SO sorry to hear about your snowblower! That sucks when you're just trying to do a nice thing. We don't have a blower so our neighbor usually blows ours out when he does his. And yesterday our neighbor on the other side started blowing a path across our lawn for the mailman to walk on, and then the first neighbor started from the driveway side and they met right in the middle of my lawn. It was quite a sight.

Bev - sounds like you are on track both with the Plan and with your exercise - good for you! I draw so much inspiration to stay on track from this group!

Hi Julie!

I have the worst headache - I think from reading while slouched on a sofa at the open house for almost four hours, combined with not eating hardly anything until midafternoon. I tend to get headaches when I'm in need of food (like earlier this afternoon), so it's almost reflexive to try and find something to eat when my head won't stop pounding, even when I've recently eaten and know that food is not the solution. Like now.

I'm going to take another Advil and find a bottle of water and maybe that will help...have a good night all, I'll "see" you tomorrow!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:45 AM   #755  

Karen: Wow, you did awesome at breakfast. I'm sure proud of you too. I like your mantra too. Mind this week (which may carry into next week) is do I want to eat whatever, or do I want to get to 160. Baby steps.

Fiona: I'm sure the open-house this will pick up as the weather gets nicer. Day by day we are getting closer to spring. DH's work is very slow right now (real estate apprasials), it can only get better.

Got to run, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 08:54 AM   #756  

Morning everyone - just a quick note before I leave for work, then I'll probably check in again after I arrive. I've set a new goal and I will need you guys for inspiration and support to reach it: My goal is to NOT CHEAT from now until my birthday on Feb 18. That's 26 days - no problem, right?! I KNOW that the ounces(which add up to pounds) come flying off when I stick to the plan, so I'd really like to be in the mid-190s in four weeks, and if I DON'T CHEAT, that should be easily accomplished! I can do it!

Later,
Fiona
Old 01-24-2005, 09:04 AM   #757  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
I did it. I made it to 168.6 this morning. I told DH last night, that I didn't care what the scales said this morning as long as it was below 169. So, now this is the third time I have been at 168.6 since the 3rd of January. Sad huh?... So, my next weigh in is Thursday and my goal for then is just to be below 168.6. That would be wonderful...
I'll take anything at all as long as it's below todays weight.
I have to get some work done this morning but I'll check back in later....
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:30 AM   #758  

GOOOOD morning ladies!

I have nothing fun and exciting to report other than I had a great on plan weekend and I was down (by my scales) this morning. I just need to do a great job all week and it will show on Saturday at weigh in!

I have a dr. appt. today....ugh...the dreaded scale! I have been fighing a sinus infection for 2-3 weeks and I finally give up. I think I need antibiotics.
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #759  

Karen and Fiona: I'm cheering for both of you! Your positive attitudes are rubbing off on me. We can do it!
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #760  

Oh, I forgot to mention: the best part of my goal is the reward at the end! If I manage to stay OP for the next four weeks, DH is going to make me amaretto cheesecake for my birthday. YUM! So my new mantra is going to be, "Do I want [pizza], or do I want cheesecake?!"

And thanks for reminding me about Ruby's diet-friendly menu - I think I'll tell DH that's where I want to go to dinner for my bday.

Fiona
Old 01-24-2005, 10:07 AM   #761  

DARN IT! Day one, hour one of my 26-day challenge and already I've screwed up. I thought I had one or two single-serve fruit cups in the fridge here at work, but apparently I ate them like a good girl last week. So now I have nothing to eat between now and lunch except one bar (which, in fact, I've already eaten). Grrrrr!

Hey, this means I have nothing to eat AFTER lunch except a bar, either. Crap.

Fiona

P.S. On a happier note, all of DH's references have been called and one of them was told that DH is the #1 candidate so far. The interviewers said he was definitely the most genuine and relaxed. Neat!

Last edited by mkfionap; 01-24-2005 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:17 AM   #762  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Fiona...It sounds like DH may just have the job. We will be keeping our for you. You might want to drink plenty of water from now until lunch. If you go out to eat for lunch, maybe you could run in somewhere real quick and get a fruit for this afternoon.
Beverley...I'm not sure about the peanut butter on the purple plan. I think Fiona is on the purple plan too. But on the blue it's a half protein and I think a tablesppon. Not really sure on that though. Star eats pb on toast. She can tell you that. That is the food that I have to stay away from. I become quite the oinker after eating that... The yogurt that I buy is the Walmart brand, banana creme pie (it is so good)
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #763  

You Girls are on a Roll!

I need some inspiration! I wasn't awful this weekend, but I definitely was not on plan. I've been working out steadily and tomorrow I have my next measurements taken. I don't think the scale will go down, but I should see some inches drop. I promise to be good today! I have to look at the bigger goal *My Wedding*! Laziness will not get in my way!

Fiona - It sounds like your DH may have landed that job! Your mantra is great! I need to create one for myself...

Diane
Bride2Be_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #764  

Hi Chicks,

Congrats to Karen for staying with the plan for breakfast and for adding exercise back it.....you rock.
Also to all the rest of you that have stayed on plan over the weekend....
About PB - 1 Tlbs is 1/2 protein. Someone else had mentionind yogurt. On the new plan you can have Light, artificially sweetened, any flavor as Dairy. That means Dannon Light and Fit w/fruit or any similar. Ofcourse plain nonfat yougurt is still an option. The Dannon Light ones come in packages of 6 but they are only 4 ozs each.
hugs....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:55 AM   #765  

hi all!

Well, I had almost been on LAWL for 3 weeks now but this weekend I blew it! In PA and a lot of other places, we got snowed in on Saturday and Sunday. I did fine until Saturday afternoon. When the kids came in for hot chocolate, I made it for them --creamy hot cocoa with marshmallows. That was my downfall. For some reason, as crazy as it sounds to me, marshmallows are a trigger food. It must have been the sugar. I ate some and for the rest of the night, my dinner was sugar foods like Keebler cookies and also Cheez-itz! I did not feel good. I thought I would do better on sunday. We had to cancel church because we meet in a public school and the parking lots were not plowed. So I did fine until our friends came over for Eagles football game. My friends have 4 little ones from 7 and under and she has one on the way. So we had 7 little ones in the house and even though they were good for children, it still was loud. We got 3 large pizzas and I had 2 1/2 pieces-- not all at once throughout the day and then other snacks! I guess it was the typical "comfort" foods on a winter day.
Well, it helped to read all the posts. So far this morning, I am back with the program and I put away all the temptations.

Fiona - I would like to join you challenge. However, mine is until Valentines Day. I do not want to cheat! Your cheesecake sounds like it is worth no cheating.

Jibbelle - WTG on a good weekend!

Sy - I like your mantra. I need to remember that I would rather be thinner than eat whatever I want. It wasn't worth it.

I hope all of you have a good week. I don't think I will go to WI until Thursday.

Carolyn
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote