Old 10-26-2004, 05:14 PM   #106  
156/127.4/127.4

Kristi-I better be safe on the wine and refrain! It tends to make my bed spin anyways!! I am anxious abou this new plan do you think everyone will change or just the ones that want to? My center has not said a word about it!
It is sad to not have more posts today! The day I have more free time to BS nobody seems to want to join us!!!

Promise guys, we will be better!!!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:16 PM   #107  

BTW I haven't touched the donuts, amazingly enough - probably cause I'm still not hungry after that ENORMOUS bratwurst I had for lunch - I don't know if that's better or worse, lol! Gonna have to be extra light on the dinner tonight, I guess!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:20 PM   #108  
156/127.4/127.4

Fiona-did you really have BRATWURST? Hot dogs and hamburgers on the menu for the "normal" eaters tonight and I am so way tempted!

Good for you for not eating KK! I swear they are a clan out to take away our will power!!! It is like they are sneaking up on us!! ! Kristi is right a job at LA would mean nothing to worry about will power wise!!! My son always asks me if they have treats when I go wi. Uh, No,!

Sammy
Old 10-26-2004, 06:20 PM   #109  

Just got back from weigh in - it was not pretty, that's all I'm going to say about that - but had to take DD with me, and she asked if they were going to give us more candy bars! LOL!!! Kids are great.

Yep I had the bratwurst, only a little bit of one, though, but a whole piece of chocolate four-layer cake. Like I said, eating WAY light for dinner tonight!

Fiona
Old 10-26-2004, 09:30 PM   #110  

I haven't gotten everyone's names down yet--you guys are great at remembering who posted what and replying to them specifically. I will have to hone those skills!

I caved to a mini can of pringles. I shouldn't even have them in the house but my kids pack their "real healthy" lunches with them. I'll just have to see tomorrow if that affects my loss. I am weighing in 3 times per week and also pre-paid for 10 months of weightloss and a full year of maintenance. I also prepaid for all of my bars for those 10 months. I couldn't afford to buy them for the maintenance.

I am on the purple plan..anyone else? I won't go to another plan until I get to 175. I think that is orange if I read in my file correctly. What happens when you change plans, less food, or more food?

I use the LA Soothies as fruit replacements. I love them. Has anyone tried the hot chocolate? I tried the Latte and it's not so great. I also usually have pizza one time per week as a carb craver.

My center is great and many of them have become employed after first being clients. I'm secretly hoping that I can maybe work for them during the summer next year instead of teaching summer school.

I figured out the ticker--they are so cute and what a great way to keep it all in perspective.

Have I said I'm glad I found this place?
TootSweet

TootSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:50 PM   #111  
laureen

Hi Chicks,
I see some of you only WI 1 or 2 times a week, Is that allowed, for the rebate??? I just went from part time to fulltime in a JHS clinic. I have very limited time to run and WI. You all are so awesome and doing great. I was told no to pears and bananas. Also bananas will be on the new plan also almonds and even coolwhip!! I was also told you have to take Carb Enders for the Carb Cravers to work, anyone know about this?? I am so burned out on salad and chicken any help here would be appreciated. Do any of you have any recipes to make ahead?? Help I need some variety.
Thanks, Laureen
laureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:57 AM   #112  

Hi Ladies:

Fiona, great at passing up the KK! You’re very brave to weigh-in the same day that you had bratwursts and 4 layer chocolate cake. There are lots of sodium and fat in bratwurst – even a little would have deterred me from the scales for a few days (plus I’d be drinking lots of water).

To give you an idea of the difference (of your choice and the plan choice):
Calories Fat 2oz link bratwurst 256 22 grams
½ chicken breast 142 3 grams

Sodium for a bratwurst was 50 grams, but couldn't find a figure for the chicken?

As far as the new plan, I had to ask at my center. I’m not sure if they know enough about it yet, other than there’s a new diary and additional choices. I don’t think they expect it to be available until Nov 1st, but the way the counselor at the center talked, she didn’t feel that LA would send them the material on time – so they can’t do anything until the materials arrive.

Where are you Star? Where the heck is June? Anyone hear from her?

Sammy, I don’t see why you can’t have a bunless burger with the family unless your saving your beef for something like pot roast of a small piece of steak. The hotdog would kill your weight loss for the week (see above – stats are similar).

Toot, maybe if had a can of Fat Free Pringles in the house – for times when you get tempted by what the kids are having – it would be a better choice. Yes, you would be off plan – but if you count them out and figure how many would be the same calories as diet bread (can’t remember the count right now). Write it down in your diary for 1 of your starches. Just beware, I did that once and was up because of the sodium content. Drinks a lot of water before weigh in. Can’t remember who on this site has all the info on the plans but I’m sure they will answer your question. I only know what’s on the purple and gold plans. I have also used the LA Smoothies (strawberry/banana) as my fruit on occasion – they are a nice change!

Laureen, as far as weigh-in – it is really better if you weigh-in 3 times a week, I did much better when I went more frequently (and would probably already have this last 6-7 lbs off if I went more often). I don’t expect a refund at the end of the plan – so I don’t feel the need to go to the center 3 times a week. The center I go to is on a route that is being newly developed (retail stores) and road construction is everywhere, and between 4-5pm when I go to the center – traffic is horrible. That is the main reason why I slacked off at the 3 times a week weigh-in. I have done the Carb Enders, and I along with Kristi are not sure if they work or not, but they don’t hurt. Wonder what we will have to count the almonds for? Can’t wait to find out more.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:11 AM   #113  

Default It's Hump Day...

Hey Chicks - I missed you......

Unfortunately, yesterday I had to go to a funeral (my b-i-l's brother passed away) it was really sad, he was only 53 and left behind 3 daughters. My realtives from Texas were here.

Then I went to UofM to visit my cousins son, who was just diagnosed with lymphoma. The doctors think that it is early stages and the treatment will be successful. Jason is 26, engaged and just started a new business. He is one half of a really neat twin set, nice boys!

Sounds like everyone is doing good, well almost everyone. The important thing is to stick with it, if you fall off, get right back on. Sooner or later, it will pay off. BTW, my Texas relatives were very impressed with my weight loss. That made me feel great becuz they are very into being thin and fit.

Sy, about eating more and losing more. The Six Week Body Makeover as well as Body for Life follow that theory, you eat smaller meals, 6 times a day and it makes your metablism work harder, therefore buring more calories. But still you can't eat just anything, it has to be meat, veggies, fruit, etc. On 6 week body makeover you go by your body type and that determines what food catagories you can eat. I couldn't have starches, dairy or red meat.

Well I have to see what is on my desk from yesterday....I'll be back later....
good to be back!!

Last edited by Starlynn; 10-27-2004 at 09:18 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #114  

Good morning gals -

well, MY scale was down 1.4 this morning from my weigh in yesterday afternoon, so I think I'm going to go over today at lunch and see what's up (or down, lol). I've been drinking a TON of water in order to hopefully keep this head cold from fully setting in, so I'm sure that helped, too.

Also I tood a couple Tylenol Sinus when I got up and now my head's a little loopy (which surprised me) so I'm going to have to eat something here and drink MORE water, and hope I don't fall off my chair or anything silly like that.

Star, I'm really sorry to hear about your family! It must be hard, I will be thinking of you.

They haven't said one peep about a new program at my center. I'm definitely curious to learn more!

I did confirm at my weigh in that working at the center is base plus commission, although not what the base usually is. I sent off my resume anyway, hopefully I'll hear back in the next day or two.

Have a good day everyone - I'm going to go watch the walls spin for a while.

Fiona
Old 10-27-2004, 10:16 AM   #115  
156/127.4/127.4

Morning chicks!

Sounds like we are hanging in there for a Wednesday!

Star-so glad to have you back! Sounds like you had a depressing day. YUCK! Glad you are here with us today!

Sy-you are right about the hamburger. I do like to save my beef for a steak. I seem to be in a chicken rut. I have had chicken for dinner for the past week now. I think that is how I lost the 4 pounds though to break my plateau!!

A chicken recipe my m-i-l gave me was pretty interesting, have not tried it but she says it is to die for. She goes to WW and has only lost like 3 pounds she came seem to get "committed" to loosing! But the reicpe is 4 chicken breasts, 1 C. dijon mustard, 1/4 c. water, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and then bake for like 30 minutes. She got it out of a Kraft cookbook so I think the exact measurements can be found on the website. I don't see why we could not bake it then scrape the majority of the sauce off as it is over the 2tsp. of mustard allotment. Dijon has less sodium than yellow. Just a thought!

Hope everyone has a POP today! I am going to make the cookies I talked about all last week today. I am nervous but I am going to allow myself one smalll life moment and have one cookie! Fortunatly I willl be able to refrain the rest of the time they are in the house cuz they only temp me the first day!

Catch up with everyone later!
Sammy
Old 10-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #116  
156/127.4/127.4

P.S. did anyone what the "The biggest looser" last night? We had soccer and then dinner was slow getting finished so it was over by the time I got dishes and the kitchen cleaned up. Of course I tried to convince my 13 year old to watch the ending but he got a little side-tracked with Cartoon Network.
Sammy
Old 10-27-2004, 10:55 AM   #117  

DH taped it for me as I had book club last night - I haven't watched it yet. So don't tell!!!

Fiona
Old 10-27-2004, 11:02 AM   #118  

Kay, has anyone figured out how to "update" their ticker without going back to the website and creating a new one from scratch?

Fiona
Old 10-27-2004, 02:40 PM   #119  

Wow, quiet day today!

I weighed in, it wasn't as good as my scale hinted this morning, but definitely an improvement over last night, so I'll take it. I am "busy" stuffing envelopes today, woo hoo. I wish I could curl up under my desk and take a nap. I also wish they'd hurry up and eat the rest of that chocolate cake!

Fiona
Old 10-27-2004, 03:26 PM   #120  

Default Way to Plan....

"I WILL NOT CHEAT THIS WEEKEND!!! It has been a long time since I made it through a weekend without cheating but I am determined!"

Kristi, I'm with you on having trouble during the weekends, it isn't easy BUT I think you are planning your success, that is a great way to do it. The bar on the way to the party is a great way of giving yourself a treat beforehand If you tell your husband your plan I'm sure he will help your follow thru.....

Fiona, I know that chocolate cake is on your mind. Have you enjoyed your afternoon bar yet? I remember as long as I could have the bar - I was always happy, I use to dip it in my coffee........yum. Atkins have bars too, but they aren't as good as the LA Lites.

Tonight we are going to my sons house so that DH can help him work on his truck. My d-i-l is pregnant (due 1/29) and so we will probably order a pizza. That means I will be eating the top off the pizza, which is really good but looks real strange

Hugs
Star is offline   Reply With Quote