Old 10-25-2004, 04:05 PM   #91  

Hi ladies! Been listening to a conference call at work all morning !

Had a good weekend on plan except for dinner out on Sat night; had 2 pcs of sourdough bread with my salad, grilled tuna steak and broiled vegies. Other than that I did well (though I really wanted some baby back ribs!). Still am having trouble getting 3 fruits in a day, but I usually have an extra veggie or two, so that makes up for the fruit I figure.

Has everyone viewed the breathing video? Worth watching?

I am going in tonite for WI. I am going to go 1-2x a week only. I am hoping that I can speak with the center manager tonite about my previous issues. Right now I feel like I am fine following the program, and will go and WI, but don't want to deal with the counselor.

Sammy...yup...you remain undefeated!

Kristi...I would love more dairy! 4oz of nf milk is nothing...so I usually opt for the yogurt.

I am going to make it a point to return to the gym this week, starting tomorrow. I know it will help, I just need to get back into my routine. I used to go right after work at 4 and take the 4:30 classes, but they changed their schedule and now don't have anything until 5:30. So I will be on my own, cuz if I go home and wait for 5:30...I won't go back!

Have a great day everyone! I need to get caught up in my journal!
amilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 05:50 PM   #92  

Hi again, I'm back from my weigh in and really excited. I stayed on plan all weekend and was down 1.8 lbs for a total of 26.6 lbs. I was re-measured today for a total loss of 13.75 inches. I'm so excited!!!

How are you getting those tickers on the bottom?

Sorry my name reminds you of tootsie rolls--I'm willing to change it if it's making you think of food too much!

Off to my son's football game--bye!
TootSweet
TootSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:12 AM   #93  

Welcome Jan and Toot!

Don't have time to reply to eveyone today.

Star, you are so funny . Wish I could have been with you on the lunch on Friday. Sounds like you covered everything for the week! Amazing.

Went to WI and was up .2 from the weekend. I actually think that is awesome since I was in the Short Fat Man's Run this weekend - a benefit for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. We raised $12,600 which should give 2 children with terminal illnesses their lifetime wish. I told you it was like a poker run, and it was sponsered by Labatt Blue. Yes, I did have a few cold ones and the only food besides Twinkie's (Hostess is also a sponser) as 2 taverns had popcorn - so once I started - you know what happened. After 4 beers, I needed something to eat - so indulged in the popcorn. It was AWESOME! I was on plan before and after that splurge and did great on Sunday too - the the .2 was pretty good (if you ask me).

New things coming to LA starting November. The different food choices, more details when they are announced. I kept asking questions and was told that one of the choices are you can have 1/2 banana = 1 fruit for the banana lovers out there.

I purchased more weight-loss weeks as I still have that 7 lbs to get to my goal and I'm going to make it - just don't know when. I asked the counselor is it's normal for the last 5-10 lbs to take forever. She said it was, and that a lot of people aren't as determined because they get comfortable with how they look and feel. She also said that we tend to slack off a bit. It was nice to know that she was also currently doing LAWL. I find this weird, but it seems to work with people on LAWL. She said that she was on the Gold Plan and never exercises and she was not losing weight. She switched to the Red Plan and still no exercise - and is losing weight. If I told anyone that if you ate more - you could lose weight - they would lock me in a straight-jacket and have me hauled away.

I'll be reading, but may not be able to post for a day or two. Keep up the great work.

~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:18 AM   #94  

Had to join the fun with the signatures... How cool is that and who found that one? Was it you Kristi?

Forgot to post before:

Fiona: A big Congrats to your and your RE exam!
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #95  
191.8/168.2/160

Star - Thanks for faxing over the Carb Cravers Menu. MMMMM, I had a bowl of Crispix this morning and it was great!

Welcome to all the newbies. There are so many names, I can't keep up.

Unfortunately, I am at home today with bronchitis, but on the up side I have some really good cough medicine that makes me sleepy, so I can be lazy today and sleep!

I think I may go try to w/i this evening if I feel better.

Oh yeah, I forgot who was talking about the Bananas, but my counselor told me that 1 banana = 2 fruits and that I could have 2 bananas a week. So, that helps me out with the fruit. I also love the little pineapple and peaches cups.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:15 AM   #96  

Hey Tammy, feel better!

Question: has anyone here ever looked into working at their center? There are ads all over my local paper, and I'm looking for a new job anyway that will allow me some more daytime flexibility, I thought this might be something to check out, but only if they pay a base plus commission (not straight commission). So I was curious if anyone could tell me before I wasted (or not) my time tracking down my center's manager about it.

Hope the rest of you are having a good day - I'm being POP, especially with the water because I developed a nasty head cold overnight. Today is supposed to be my office's annual "Octoberfest" lunch, but I think I'm going to sneak out and find some real food.

Have a good one!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:23 AM   #97  

Thanks Kristi! I think I will at least call and see what info I can drag out of them over the phone...if the base is high enough I might go for it - I just (obviously) need a steady income stream until I figure out how good I am at this real estate thing.

Oh, and of course I'll report back!

Fiona
Old 10-26-2004, 11:56 AM   #98  

Hi chickies!

WI yesterday was good - I was down 1.2 for a total of 7.6 since 10/4. Which makes me

Had my first carbcraver dinner last night - pasta with broccoli -- so I'll see how it goes on WI tomorrow.

Kristi - how's it going on stabilization? Do they add more servings a week? More dairy. TWO ounces of cheese. Imagine!

Fiona - I agree with you about being frustrated about adding variety. It's touch with the limitations on starches and veg. I'd trade a fruit for a veg any day. Good luck with the p-buster this week. And think of the sucess in other areas of your life! Hope you feel better

My fruit contribution to the board. . . my new fruit treat is a cored apple, with a tablespoon of SF apricot jam, heated for 4 minutes in the microwave. The juice from the apple and the jam make a syrup. It's almost like desert. I haven't had it with yogurt yet, but it would probably be good.

Tammy, hope you feel better.

Sammy, I haven't done this yet, but I think the alcohol works this way - wine = 1 fruit, beer = 1 starch, hard liquor = a fruit and a starch. And you're lucky to have a supportive husband.

Someone asked if anyone had 80 pounds to go -- I started with 83. So I bought (groan) 100 weeks -- including stablization and maintenance.

Hugs to all,

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:24 PM   #99  

Hi gals! I am down 3 pounds since last week's WI. Funny I didn't "feel" it, like I usually "feel" it when I've lost like that. Guess that sourdough bread on Saturday didn't do any harm! (Don't worry...not going to go on a sourdough craze).

Still haven't had a chance to talk w/ the center's manager. I did have a different counselor...thought before she was just the receptionist/clerk but maybe she's moved up because they're so low on counselors. I discussed with her that I have been lacking energy and just feel fatigued since I started this. I've wanted to get back into exercising but just don't feel like I have any energy for it. We talked about it and I asked if I had to have all my ounces of protein at once, and she said I could split it up. Wish I knew this before, since sometimes 5 ounces of protein (like on a salad) is too much; would rather have 3, and then 2 in the afternoon to keep me going (in addition to my bar). I feel like there are some things not written that I haven't been told about...like that. I guess I will learn as I go!

Have a great day everyone! I am a good girl and have brought my lunch for the second day in a row!
amilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:04 PM   #100  
156/127.4/127.4

Afternoon all!

I had to grueling tests this mornging and I was so glad to be done, stopped by DH's work and surprised him and made him take me to lunch! We spurlged, the dollar menu at Wendy's!!! I have 1/2 a side salad and 1/2 a small chili. It so fills me up and I think it is pretty close to the fast tracker. I hate that beans are starch! I think of them more as protein than a starch.

Sounds like everyone is doing well! Tams yum on the cereal! I so want to feel like a kid again and have that for breakfast! I think we can have 1c. of Apples and Cinnamon Cheerios!!! I am still leary of the carb cravers! I know it is all pretty relative but it is so like cheating I think it is the guilt!!!

Aim-congrats on the wi! So wounds like the sourdough did not go sour after all!!! Lucky girl!!!

Well I am going to go veg. For some reason the tests take it out of me and I feel so drained! I have another test tommorrow night but I get to do the test with the book then just go and fill in the answers on computer! It is on Excel so if I don't know the answers DH does as he is like an expert on Excel, go figure! Have a great POP everybody! I am not weighing in until Friday again, it just felt like I was never home so I am taking Wednesday's off from teh scale and it feels like a huge releif!!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:07 PM   #101  
156/127.4/127.4

BTW-somebody posted they eat canned peaches. I thought this was illegal because of the sugar?? Any insight? And why can't we have pears? Come on what is wrong with pears?
Sammy
Old 10-26-2004, 03:12 PM   #102  

Sammy, I was told pears are too high in fat (like bananas), which is too bad because pears are one of my favorite fruits. I don't like canned peaches so I can't tell you about that, although I see they aren't on the food card and I'm guessing you're right - I've never seen canned peaches in anything other than light or heavy "syrup" (the way pineapple and pears are packed in juice instead).

Fiona
Old 10-26-2004, 03:14 PM   #103  

Kristi, we have to stop meeting like this - LOL!!!

Fiona
Old 10-26-2004, 04:25 PM   #104  

Oooooh! Some ***mean*** vendor just dropped off a whole box of Krispy Kremes!! I don't get hysterical over them the way some people do (we just got them in MN a year or two ago) but a donut is a donut is a donut and I haven't had a donut in a while! This on top of the bratwursts and German chocolate cake the office provided for lunch! When will it ever end!?!?

Fiona
Old 10-26-2004, 05:00 PM   #105  
156/127.4/127.4

Kristi and Fiona-Thanks for the info on pears! I miss pears. You know 4 carbs is not that much is it??? I have been living on apples as they are about the only thing in season! The peaches I have seen are packed in syrup with like 19 grams of sugar!!! That is what makes them so yummy I guess!

Where is everyone today!

Sammy