Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 09:47 PM   #31  

Hi Everyone,
I have missed you all - I have been home sick with strep throath!! Felt really miserable - aches, fever, sweaty - gross!!! Couldn't get comfortable due to the heat and the misery I was feeling.
Glad to be feeling better! I need to get back on track tomorrow. I haven't really been eating or drinking - lost 3 pounds!!! I know that I need to get back on the program or it will be back on it no time.
MOM2Twins - the green plan is a bit skimpy, but it really worked for me. Back in 1998 - they wanted me to buy more weeks in order to reach my goal - 120 lbs. - but, I knew from the getgo that I wouldn't be able to get there in 8 weeks and I didn't want to be 120 lbs. When I reached MY goal weight of 125lbs. - I very nicely explained that I was happy and wasn't about to buy anymore weeks.
If I gained during the eight weeks by cheating on the weekend, I would follow the 3 day diet they started you off with and I would lose the pound or two that I gained. Not the best thing to do, but, it worked for me.
Unfortunately, I never kept up with the program due to a move, and I never finished the maintence or stabalization aspect of the plan. Does anyone know it???
Thanks and have a great night everyone! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-02-2001, 09:47 PM   #32  

Default Weight Loss

Hi, I am New to this site. May i ask what your secret is to your losing 44lbs. I am 180 and i am 5' 4" and in need of help. You may be the motivation i need. Thank You.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:02 AM   #33  

Default Periods and the Purple Plan

Hey to everyone!
Well I lost 1 3/4 by Monday and still the same yesterday, but I had started my period yesterday AM, so I'm just holding my breath for Friday. I'm hoping to hit the 10lb mark by Friday. I didn't do so well last night. I fixed spaghetti for my family and ended up eating that plus the garlic bread my husband fixed. Today it's water,water, and more water! I'm so bloated I could die! I think that as you get older, the PMS, bloating and moodiness gets worse. Not even the lemon water worked, which it usually does!

Question for all of you that are on Purple, Gold, or green plans-
They want to switch me to the Purple plan from the Red, but I'm having trouble with figuring out how I'm going to eat. I love my starches but on the PP, I can only have 2. Can anyone give me an idea of how you get in your two starches and your 2 proteins/day.

Crystal- Hang in there, when I get off schedule with my BCP, I'm always screwed up! When I got off of the pill the first time after nine years, it took 2 months before I had a period. I bought many pregnancy kits in that period of time! I have had to go to the doctor before for a shot of hormones to get started.

Have a great day!
Janie
Old 05-03-2001, 11:40 AM   #34  

Default TO JANIE61

On both the gold and green plans you are allowed only 2 starches per day. It is tough, but, you can do it!!!
I would eat an english muffin for breakfast along with some protein (egg white) and I would fullfill my starch requirement. Or, eat some breadsticks along with salad and chicken breast for lunch or dinner. Sometimes, I would eat 1/2 an English muffin for breakfast and save the other 1/2 for dinner.
Try to plan out your meals for the week - it really helps and enables you to stick to it!!! Remember, we do not plan to fail, we fail to plan!
Good luck!
Old 05-04-2001, 09:08 AM   #35  

Hi Everyone
Just a very fast note to let you know that I LOST 4 1/2 pounds at weigh in yesterday. I had gained 2 on MOnday--I hadn't gone to the bathroom in a few days---wella--4 1/2 pounds gone. I had told the counselor the other day that I had a goal of losing 10 pounds by Memorial Day--well-almost half way there. Total weight lose now---46 1/2 pounds!!!!!!!!
Gotta run
Have a nice day/weekend
Margaret
Old 05-04-2001, 09:56 AM   #36  

Tomswife
I couldn't find an English Muffin on my plan but I like that idea. It just doesn't seem a meal is complete without some kind of starch. Just a habit! But I'm going to give it a shot. I've not had a really good past couple of days, emotionally so I tend to revert back to old habits, but at least I'm aware and I'm learning what my triggers are!

Margaret,
That is awesome! You deserve to pamper yourself as a reward. Get a massage, a pedicure, or something that you love to do! Even an afternoon alone, reading, working in the yard, etc. something that you like to do!What an inspiration!
Janie
Old 05-04-2001, 10:04 AM   #37  
Spicy Chick

Default Hi

Just checking in..I just wanted to congratulate everyone on their losses.
Everyone is doing good. It helps when you keep a good attitude and help each other..Keep up the good work!! Take your measurements if the scale doesn't seem to moving the way you want it to...inches lost will help keep you motivated.

My motto--keep moving and losing!!

Di
Old 05-05-2001, 06:44 PM   #38  

I am on the red plus plan. I was wondering when & if
new foods are added to the plan? I am doing real
good so far. I have lost 17 1/2 lbs in 3 weeks. I am
just wanting some salsa. Does anyone have any suggestions on a substitute or a way to fix it so it is
legal? I was thinking about buying the cookbook.
Does anyone have it? I need some new food ideals.
Anyone have a recipe I could try to break up my
routine ? I am having such good results that I don't
want to get off track. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions or answers to my questions.
Sharon
Old 05-06-2001, 12:03 PM   #39  

Default Pineapple Meat Loaf from LA Weightloss Recipe book

Pineapple Meat Loaf

1/4 cup Herbox very low sodium beef broth
2 melba toast, finely crushed
1 tablespoon dried onion
1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon Morton Lite Salt
3 1/2 or 5 1/2 ounces ground sirloin (according to plan)
3/4 cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
1/3 tablespoon ketchup

1. Combine broth, melba toast, green pepper, and salt. Add beef and pineapple.

2. Shape into 4" by 2' loaf. Place in baking pan.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Top loaf with ketchup, if desired

1 Protein, 1 Starch, 1 Fruit, 1 Vegtable

Old 05-06-2001, 04:55 PM   #40  

hi all - its been a while since i checked in - sounds like everyone is doing well bratty - i bought the cookbook last week and will check for you tomorrow night when I go back home about the salsa - I miss that to and if we put it on some melba toast with some 2% cheese it could be a semi nacho? would that be a veggie, a starch and a dairy???

I weighed in yesterday and was switched to purple - goodbye my extra starch and extra 4oz of dairy but at least I won't have to eat that stinkin half of protein piece of chicken in the morning unless i want to I for some reason I don't know why had a good week and lost 5lbs and am down to 212 - was quite excited when I realized that was 22lbs in 6 weeks which also means if I keep up my avg of 3.3 per week I will be at 200 lb for memorial day (which was a personal goal , that I thought unrealistic)

glad are all well -
Old 05-06-2001, 11:34 PM   #41  

Hi everyone
Glad to see everyone is doing great!!! I did very good the last few days, but, today, I went to a 1st Holy Communion party and ate horribly. I don't even know why I ate the cake-it wasn't even that good. I did eat my bar and a bottle of water on the way to the party (so I wouldn't be too hungry. Hopefully, I didn't gain anything from todays eating.
Bela--way to go!!!!!! I know you will reach your personal goal by Memorial Day. I wanted to lose 10 by then-I already lost 4 1/2 (if I haven't gained from today) I know you can do it. How are the counselors in Port Chester? (Just in case I am over that way)
Will talk to you all during the week (after weigh in)
Take Care
Margaret
Old 05-07-2001, 09:09 AM   #42  

Hi Maggie - thanks for the vote of confidence I hope so - but I will not let myself get uptight about it - eh I know what u mean about the cake - i went to an anniversary party last weekend and had cake and alcohol - I was up a pound on Monday when I weighed in but then by Weds that was gone plus some - who knows maybe our bodies need that once in a while
the counselors are ok , I have one I like to sit with but honestly it is like I never seem the same face twice in there past 2 weeks - now they have no manager (at least I don't think so) and someone is there training for the Fairfield CT location - I miss the gang in Scarsdale but it is so out of the way for me I would not go 3 xs a week - is Mt Kisco far for you? are they even still open? they were never that busy
Old 05-09-2001, 08:43 PM   #43  

Hi Guys
Where is everyone?????????
Just want to let you know that I started walking tonight. I think I did about 2 miles. I made sure not to take the car to my sons baseball game, and I walked nd he road his bike. Afterwards, I walked around the track until it really started getting dark, and walked back home. Ifeel GREAT!!!!!!!
I guess we HAVE to try and do this nightly. My son really enjoyed himself too!!
Gotta put him to bed now. I am going to try to weigh in tomorrow.
Take Care
Margaret
Old 05-09-2001, 08:56 PM   #44  

Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all having a better week than I am. Since Saturday, I have been totally out of control - PMS is a major killer for me. I don't have the guts to get on the scale, so I really don't know how much damage I have done. My cravings are so intense that I swear I can't control myself. I was doing so well too!
Tomorrow is another day! My plan is to start the 3 day quick loss plan tomorrow - I don't remember the right name for it - you must eat 2 eggs, 2 oranges, and unlimited amounts of protein and only green vegetables for 3 days. This is what I did for the first three days of my LA Weightloss journey back in 1998 and I lost 5 lbs. I have my water all ready to go and my fingers are crossed. Now, if I could only wire my jaw shut !!!
Thanks for listening - I needed to vent! Keep your fingers crossed for me! Luck to all!
Old 05-09-2001, 09:36 PM   #45  

HI everyone
Good Luck Tomswife----please-let me know how you do on, I believe it was called Jetstart. I would really love to do that again. I really enjoyed those first 3 days. I don't think I would have enjoyed doing the jusice things from the start as much. I still remember have portrhouse steak for luch!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!!
Margaret
Closed Thread