3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA weightloss 25

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 04:47 PM   #16

Hi Everyone
Well, I went and weighed in today--and I lost one pound!!!!!! 0 Don't ask me how I did it--but, I did. That now makes a total of 41!!!
Hope everyone is doing great. I jsut wanted to leave a fast message. Me and my son are playing baseball outside--it is so beautiful out there.
Jules---I never saw a problem with the cottage chesse---I DISPISE it-so it didn't matter to me. As for tuna---you CAN have low sodium tuna everyday if you want. It definetly doesn't taste as good--but, it does have a lot less sodium!!
Talk to you all soon
Take Care
Margaret
Old 04-19-2001, 05:17 PM   #17

Default Congrats!

Congratulations Maggiemay! I am at the point I can't imagine 40lbs down the road. I have 70 to lose. You go girl! I agree the low sodium Tuna is nasty but I may try it by making the Tuna patties in the cookbook. The cook book I believe will be a life saver for me!
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 04-19-2001, 07:56 PM   #18

I just got back from weighting. I have lost 7 1/2 lbs.
They put me on the red handout part of the diet. I
get some bread tomorrow. I have stomach problems
& I was told I couldn't buy the bars. Has anyone else
been told this? I'm not complaining since I won't have
the expense of buying them. I just hope I continue to
loose the weight. I am going to look at my program &
figure out what I can eat & when. I hope everyone is doing well.
Sharon
Old 04-20-2001, 11:21 AM   #19

Default Stomach problems

Sharon,
What type of stomach problems do you have? I've been on the bars for about 2 weeks and haven't had any problems until the last couple of days. I've had gastritis and ulcers in the past and still occasionally have problems but they have been better since I started on the diet. The last couple of days though I've been having that "empty" feeling and some burning in my stomach. Yesterday I had an extra starch and I felt better. I'm going to have to ask them about this today when I go weigh. I'll let you know what I found out.
Congrats on the weight loss!
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 04-20-2001, 11:28 AM   #20

Hi Sharon,

Congratulations on your loss that is fantastic!

Yes you can most defiintely lose the weight without the bars and you are so right - you don't have the extra expense - I am on red right now to, 6 more pounds until I move to purple, I can't wait this extra 1/2 a protein in the morning kills me - I am so sick of chicken and it s the only protein I can stomach in the morning since I hate eggs (well actually they make me throw up , sorry , TMI!!

Hello Janie - congrats on your new eating just keep imagining yourself 40 lbs lighter -

Way to go Margaret , bet you are glad now you went to weigh in - I am sorry I didn't answer your question before , I was at Scarsdale when they first opened 2 years ago - I didn't stay long only 3 months - I loved that job but unfortunalely it was the worst thing I could have done for my weight loss . I go to the Portchester center now, because I work in Greenwich, CT so it is right on my way home from work. Is the Mt Kisco cener even open anymore? they were never busy , they were so hidden in a corner , and next to Boston Chicken and a bakery to boot

ok , karen what is your secret - are you exercising alot? cause you are kicking butt woman!

ok be back later tonight after weigh in - hoping for 218 today but very highly doubt it - at least I finally made it out of the 220's this week
Old 04-20-2001, 12:41 PM   #21

I have diverticulosis, diverticulitis, and gastroesophageal
reflux. They said that the bar would make my
diverticulosis and diverticulitis act up. I have to watch
what I eat any how. If I don't, my stomach will cramp
me to death. I sure didn't want that. It takes me awhile to get over a spell when I have one. I hope
everyone does well this weekend. I go back Sat.
Sharon
Old 04-20-2001, 03:51 PM   #22

I was up 1 lb at weigh in yesterday. I am trying harder the last two days to be more conscious of what I am eating. I also need to drink more water. Something I always fall down on when I am not into my routine. Good luck to the nembies. I'll check in after tomorrow's weigh in. Maybe I'll have taken off 1/2 lb of my gain.
Old 04-20-2001, 04:46 PM   #23

Default No bars?

This is an awesome observation! I may need to try this.
I bought 5 weeks in bulk though.

I am having a huge meltdown here. For lunch I had a grilled chix sandwich and a few fries and 2 onion rings.
I am so self concious about what I'm eating that I'm not enjoying it. I'm finding myself having no will power! This is what gets me into a struggle and I end up quiting.
There are so many rules and regs in this plan that I get resentful of the plan and end up quiting! Help! I'm losing my motivation. I don't want to quit this. How does everyone else feel? Do you get like this? I am a fast food junkie and not being able to have a complete bun or even a fry is killing me. I'm going thru deprivation.
Got any answers?!
Love to hear how you all handle this!
Thanks,
Janie

Old 04-20-2001, 08:00 PM   #24

Janie I have a tendency to do that also. I am so
tired of being big. I want to be able to go into any
store & buy cute clothes. I can't do that now. All I
can tell you is: Don't give up!!! What is done is done.
Don't beat yourself up. Get back on track. I know
you can!!! Is something bothering you? I seem to
do bad when something is bothering me. Go for
a walk. Get out of the house & away from food. Think
of fast food as a treat & a reward. I have lost 7 1/2 lbs
& my husband is up to his old tricks. He wants to go out & eat. He does this every time I try to loose wight. I know I have a battle ahead. I just hope that together we can all make it to our goal.
Sharon
Old 04-21-2001, 08:55 AM   #25

Default Good day

I lost 3 lbs yesterday, which makes 6 total in two weeks, but what did I do last night but come home and "celebrate"! I won't go into the details but today I've got to get back on track today. We are going home to Ky this weekend for my father-in-law's surgery so, I'm a little apprehensive about control of my food, but I'm going prepared with bars, popcorn and lot's of water in tow! Praying for grilled chix and salads to be available!!! You are right Sharon, I do have some things bothering me, but that is par for the course with me.
I tend to be a worry wart anyway. Gotta get out of that, but it seems like the female in the relationship is always the ultra-responsible one when it comes to the house, finances, kids, etc.... We can do this though!!!!! I am on the red plan too! I'm hoping to come off of it in the next couple of weeks. It's so much food! I have trouble with all of the veggies which my system doesn't handle well!

Sharon, Where is Hawesville? I'm from Hopkinsville.
We've been in Gallatin, TN about 2 years. Gallatin is about 30 miles NW of Nashville.

Everyone,
Have a great weekend!
Janie

Old 04-21-2001, 10:50 AM   #26

I live in Owensboro, KY. That is pretty close to Hopkinsville. I havne't posted in a while. I am getting ready to leave for another wedding.

I haven't been doing all that great. I am still working out and exercising, but my eating hasn't been all that great. I have to get back on track.

I will talk to you guys later,

Crystal

Valentines' Challenge
Old 04-21-2001, 10:17 PM   #27

Hi Guys
Just a faaast note to say hi to you all out there--and hoping you are all having a great weekend!!!!!
I got off on the right track today. I had my bar this morning with my tea. For lunch--I had a HUGE mesculin salad with grilled portobello mushroom (VERY little oil on the mushroom) and balsamic vinegar on the side. For dinner--I made chicken cutlet parm (I baked the chicken and took the cheese off of mine) and had some more salad. I just started baking it for my hubby like that---it is awesome. I don't make it too often, but, I noticed if I did make it for him---I would always "jsut have a taste" You know what that means---I would have at least one on top of my own dinner. By baking the chicken first (I do bread it) the chicken actually tastes juicier. The fried way is just crispier(and much tastier--but MORE fattening) I haven't been eating my salads for a while now--I guess they are not so bad. I think I had gotten off track because I really got sick of eating grilled chicken over salad. I work for a woman who takes me out to lunch everyday---we can got to the best places
and the menus are incredible---but, all I would look to see if they had grilled chicken on the menu.
I knew I would have a hard time getting back onto the plan when I came back from vacation. (We went March 15-20) This happened to me 7 years ago when I was doing the fat free diet. I had lost 40 pounds then and looked fabulous!!!!!!!! After I came back from being in Ireland for 10 days and eating Irish Breakfasts and the Irish candy--I just could not get back into it and, of course gained a few pounds--and then got pregnant!!!!1Needless to say, during my pregnancy, if anything said fat free, I would not eat it---
Anyway, I think I am really back into this again. I really feel motivated today, and I drank ALL my water today PLUS more--that hasn't happened in a long time. I think I am going to go write in my journal now.
I am going to weigh in Monday morning--but, it will be a gaining day--I am due at the end of the week--I always gain a few days before.
Sorry for babbling--as usual.
Stay focused!!!!!!!!!!!
Take Care
Margaret
Old 04-22-2001, 09:35 PM   #28

Default Not the greatest weekend!

Well after my 3 lb weight loss, I've gone off the deep end. That drives me crazy when I do that. We are in my
hometown in KY tonight. I wanted to go to our favorite pizza place and we did. I drank real Pepsi and ate pizza. Knew what I was doing too! As the counselor at LA weightloss told me the other day , I'm not perfect.
I realize that but it doesn't make me feel any better. Tomorrow is when I'm going to regret it or rather on Tuesday when I go to weigh! Just gotta get back on the old trail tomorrow. I'm so stuffed right now that I could die! Why do we always retreat to old habits?! I guess it is because they are comfortable! I've got a long row to hoe at this point! Hope you all had a good weekend!
Looking forward to a better week!
Janie

Old 04-23-2001, 08:24 AM   #29
Spicy Chick

Default HI

Just checking in...glad to see everyone posting...
Janie: drink some extra water, yeah I wonder sometimes after I eat something I shouldn't have --why did I just eat that..
One thing I have learned from this lifestyle change-portion control is a big part, sometimes if you cheat it is alot better if you control the protion..
Another valuable thing I learned from LAWL--the high content of sodium in some food and how it makes you retain fluid...yesterday I had a sausuage sandwich for Burger King for breakfast,,,lots of sodium and fat, boy do I feel it today,,I also had way too many carbs over the weekend..I feel them also...
I am going to drink a gallon of water today to flush this stuff out,,,plus I will exercise extra hard at the gym tonight..
Good day all...keep moving and losing!!..we can do this!!
Old 04-23-2001, 07:47 PM   #30

I went & weighted today. I have lost a total of 11 1/2
lbs in a week. I couldn't believe it. I know it will slow
down now. I just hope I continue to stay on track.
How has everyone else been? Well I hope.

I forgot who asked but Hawesville is about 30 miles
west of Owensboro.

Sharon
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.