Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 03:39 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mgonnadoitthistime
. She's just not very motivating at all. I have to ask her "so how much is that now?" Otherwise she wouldn't tell me....
How's everyone else doing?

Jenni
They never tell me how much it my total is either. I write it down. I like the one on one but you're right...they could be a little more personable.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:45 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltin
Of course, with that they took me from the red to gold plan.
What are the main differences between the red and the gold? They've got me on the red cause I'm nursing too.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:49 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlover
They're advertising for a "nutritional counselor" at my center. We've just had LAWL here in Ottawa since February and they have opened up 4 centers already. Beachlover
*Waves* Hey there Neighbour! I'm just outside of Ottawa and weigh in at the Montreal road Center.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #34  

Hi Crstech2,
Welcome! This thread is not very active and can get kind of quiet sometimes....I've been on LAWL for 1 month now. I want to lose a total of 79 pounds. I've already lost 14, so I'm psyched!!! I'm 34 years old and the mother of one 13 year old boy. I live in Washington State. I'll be moving from the red plan to the purple this weekend. The only difference between those 2 is 1/2 of a protein. Not sure about the gold though...I think that the amount of exchanges as well as exchange portions vary from plan to plan.
Hope you're having a great day!!

Jenni
Old 06-11-2004, 09:07 PM   #35  

Thanks Jenni for the welcome and the info. Any idea how they decide to switch your plan? Is it a weight thing or just a certain number of weeks?

14 pounds in a month is great! I hope I can do as well. I've got 69 that I want to lose. It's actually more like 75 but 69 just sounds like a LOT less then anything in the 70's range. At least when you're this far away from goal.

Serena
223/216/159
Old 06-11-2004, 09:20 PM   #36  

Hi Serena I go to the LAWL at Alta Vista. I started April 15th. and I'm down 20 lbs. I'm on the gold plan and so far I'm finding it ok. My main motivation is all the money I've paid for this and also my husband finding out HOW much I paid.
Beachlover
Old 06-12-2004, 06:40 PM   #37  

Beachlover:

I still haven't told DH how much it was either. When you do the math it is only 11.35 per week not including the lites and even those are less then 2$ a bar. Not so bad when you look at it that way.

I'm finding the weekends the hardest so far. We hit the Gloucester fair today...cotton candy is a freebie right? I think my safest bet is to just stay home till I hit goal.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:09 PM   #38  

Serena - I am Melinda, mother to John Wesley 9 months. I have just weaned him. They have moved me to the gold plan from red. 1/2 protein and bigger portion sizes is the difference. How old are your little ones? I just turned 30.
I have been at LA for about a month and only lost about 2 pounds, weekends are the toughest for me. I had a plan from before preg and they called me to come back even though I was nursing to finish up my weeks. I think the last month has really been a wash as I really was not ready and I was still nursing. I am going to do it for real this time. I have about 30 pounds to lose.

Ladies, I was down a pound last Friday. My center will be closed on Sat during the summer, so I will only be weighing in twice a week Tues/Thurs. I will keep you posted.

I hope everyone is having an on program week.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:23 PM   #39  

Hi Ladies;
I have been off program more than on lately. Today I finally went back to the center and added 2.5 pounds back on. I just need to get myself together and just start doing plan.
Hey Jenni thanks for the hellos and where have I beens.
I just let my moodyness take over last week.
Diane
Old 06-14-2004, 05:02 PM   #40  

Default Diane's Back!!!

Mel,
Yay!!! Another pound gone....congrats!

Diane,
Welcome back! Good for you for picking yourself right back up. When you get moody, just remember that being off plan won't make you feel better. Being on plan and losing is what feel's good. Moody can mean to lay low for awhile and keep to yourself, but don't sabatoge your efforts. So, good job for coming back. It's good to see you. I was wondering where you have been. You were the first person to talk to me here...

I'm feelin' pretty good today. I've been on program all day and worked out. I went to a couple of parties this weekend and drank some alocohol. I had 1 glass of whine and 3 lite beers. Yikes! I didn't eat very much though. Hopefully I won't have gained anything.
If I did, I'll know why.

I made stuffed green peppers for dinner for myself yesterday. My son and BF were both gone. That's 1 dinner and 3 lunches for me. I made them with ground turkey and brown rice. I split the rice between 4 peppers so that each serving contains 1/2 of a cup of brown rice (of which I can have as a limited starch 3 times weekly). They are good....here's what I did:

Ingredients:
4 large green bell peppers
1 pound ground turkey (leanest or per plan)
1/4 to 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese shredded
1 medium onion
1 T. chili powder
salt and pepper to taste ( I can't remember the exact measurements)
2 cups cooked brown rice

Sauce:
1 large can of low sodium tomato sauce
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 T. chili powder

First, I boiled the peppers for a very short period of time (covered). Just to cook them a little because they take soooo long to bake. I cooked them just until I could smell them and pulled them off.
Then place the peppers upside in a large casserole dish.
Brown the turkey. After the turkey is cooked, add the onion, salt, pepper and chili powder. Simmer until the onion is tender.
Add the rice first to the turkey mixture and then the cheese.
Split the filling between all 4 peppers.
Mix the tomato sauce in a bowl with the chili powder and salt. Pour over and around the peppers.
Cover with lid or foil and back at 350 degrees for approx. 1 hour.

If you like stuffed green peppers, this recipe is good. It tastes kind of mexican with the chili powder.
I count each pepper as 1 protein, 1 limited starch, and 2 veggies. I'm not sure how to count the cheese. I only added a little bit for flavor. It's a good way to eat ground turkey anyway.
I think next weekend I'll make a big pot of soup. If I spend Sunday's prepping for the week, it makes it really pleasant to be on program all week.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Jenni
Old 06-14-2004, 07:44 PM   #41  

Hi Jenni:
That recipe sounds like a good change from chicken. I think I might try it tomarrow.
I don't have a problem with drinks its the junk food mostly chips kind of thing that I have trouble especially when I have trouble staying on plan.
Today was a nice day for me thank goodness. Thanks for the encouragement. You can count your cheese as a dairy depending upon how much you use. I now in the cookbook sometimes when they use cheese its not even counted.
Good luck with your weigh in.
Diane
Hello to everyone else. meltin I have about the same amount of weight to lose, with 15 weeks left I really don't want to keep adding them on, I feel like I am just wasting money.
Diane
Old 06-14-2004, 08:57 PM   #42  

Hi everyone, I find if I start the day eating carbs (e.g., a bagel) I'm hungry all day long. If I eat an orange and 1 piece of WW toast I really feel better. Diane - glad you're back. Meltin - 30 lbs. is very doable. Hang in there.
Beqachlover
Old 06-14-2004, 09:12 PM   #43  

Beachlover and Diane - Thanks for the encouragement! I am taking it day by bay.

We went to Ruby Tuesday this evening and I had a salad and the low crab church chicken, it came with brocoli and mashed califlower (yum)! I think I might have over did it, I am stuffed. I am planning on weighing in tomorrow.

Beachlover - You are right about the carbs making you more hungry. I try to save mine for the night, but then I was told you cannot use them all in one meal. So no doubles on pasta. I had strawberries and a LA shake for breakfast this morning and it was quite filling.

No workout for me today, but I will get one in tomorrow.

Sy - Still on Vacation.

Melinda
Old 06-15-2004, 01:13 PM   #44  

Default Argh!!! I've been moved to the purple plan!

Well, I lost 2 more pounds. That moves me to the purple plan..... I originally thought that I would only be losing 1/2 a protein, but, I was wrong. Upon further observation with my counseler last night, I discovered that I'm losing 1/2 of a protein, 1 whole starch, and 1/2 of my milk serving. It just means I have to change some things around....no biggy. I was feeling pretty satisfied with the red plan, so I'm a little nervous.
"And your reward for losing more weight is......you get less food!!!"
I know, I know, the less you weigh, the less you burn, therefore the less calories you get to lose weight. I just felt like complaining about it....
I've lost 16 pounds. 20 was and is my mini goal. I'm gonna buy myself a new cd when I lose those next 4 pounds.

Have a great day ladies!!!

Jenni
Old 06-15-2004, 07:58 PM   #45  

Jenni, way to go!!! Complain all you like but you still lost 16 pounds. That's wonderful.
Beachlover
Closed Thread