Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 11:13 AM   #46  

Smile Hi everyone...

I went to the center last night. Down another 1/2 lb. Got measured and in 3 1/2 weeks lost 8 inches total. They said 4 inch on my wasit alone. I can already feel my clothes getting bigger. Nothing to make me rush out and get anything new yet - but I'm on my way. Has anyone purchased the cookbook? It's $28.00 - but I'm not sure if it's worth the price. I asked the person if she could think of anything new I could try. She saw that I ate a lot of ground turkey and ground chicken. She said that there were a couple of receipes in the book, and I looked - and the ones in there I have already tried (without seeing the book). If they are basic receipes that I have already thought of, I can't see buying the book.

She did tell me that I should eat beef or pork once a week to shake things up a bit so things are not so boring. I'll give it a try this week.

Make turkey meatloaf this weekend. Here is what I added:

ground turkey
crushed garlic
onion flakes
onion powder
chopped green peppers
grated zucchini

Next time I will add garlic powder - I put 4 cloves of garlic in the batch and it's killing me... LOL And, probably everyone that I talk to after lunch.

Meltin, we stay in Surfside, SC (not actually Myrtle Beach) when we visit SC so Charleston is only about a 1 hour drive. Hopefully they'll want to visist there again this year. If not, maybe I can talk them into going up to Wilmington, NC for a day - I have been to Wrightville Beach, but not into the city of Wilmington. From searching the web, it also looks interesting.

I'll be going back to the center on Thursday or Friday, I haven't decided yet. Good Luck everyone. Remember, if you think of something new you tried that is on program - please share it. Thanks... ~Joanne~
Old 05-04-2004, 11:51 AM   #47  

I weighed in today and I am down a pound from start. I think I will just keep a weekly tally on Saturday to see the overall improvement. I have been starving and they put me to the red plan today since I am nursing. I think it is more feasible. The only LA lites I can take are the bars and I told them that I was not going to get two in a day. They really did not say much, they are suppose to promote the Lites. But we can not live on them forever. One day will be better for the transition at the end and the cost of the bars. My center is doing a special of $3 per week. I have 8 left, so I think I will get another $10, since they make you pay for all of that maintenance up front. I would like to lose 30 pds then I will see how my body feels. I am finally ready to get this weight off.

Joanne - Good for you on the loss. I bought the cookbook. I would not waste the money. The recipes are pretty much like any other light cookbook, but you use only the LA foods. Just my input. I will have to try the ground turkey.

Melinda
Old 05-05-2004, 09:46 PM   #48  

Smile Just a quick note...

Melinda - I have to tell you a quick story. I went to Eckert Drugs tonight to pick up some eye drops at the prescription counter. The girl who waited on me said, "Hey, you've been to Charleston?" I said, yes - how did you know. She said she could tell by the charm that I had around my neck. It's a palm tree charm that I picked up at the market in the center of town. I have worn this charm for the past 2 years and I have never been asked that before. Just thought that was funny since I was just talking to you recently about Charleston - then this. She is spending the month there this summer - and of course loves it there too. Just wanted to share. Take care, Joanne
Old 05-06-2004, 10:21 AM   #49  

Contratulations Joanne and Melinda on your losses. That is great! I haven't tried the ground turkey in a meatloaf yet. I might like that. It would certainally shake things up a bit from chicken. I take a bag of those chicken breasts and cook them with carrots for my whole week's worth of food. The first couple of weeks or so it was easy. Now, it isn't so much. I think that is what I run into for any diet. I get sick of preparing my food. We just have to do what needs to be done though. Have great day!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:38 AM   #50  

Joanne - I think everyone has some kind of connection to Charleston. It is really cool.

R.Ann - I am with you on the chicken. I went to Costco and bought frozen flounder, mahi, and tuna in bulk. Hopefully that will change it up some.

I weighed in today and up two pounds from Tuesday. I hate going some many times a week. My weight fluctuates so much and it just makes me discouraged. I will just count on my weekly weigh in as the real loss.
Do you like the ladies at your center? The one I spoke with today seemed unknowledgable, or maybe I was just mad I had a gain.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:03 PM   #51  

Default Good evening ladies...

RAnn, I know what you mean about getting bored eatting the same thing night after night. I suggest that you only cook a few of the chicken breast, and mix it up by eatting it one time for lunch, then next day for dinner. So, on day 1 you have cooked about 3 meals. Then, on day 2 - cook something else so you an interchange. Day 3, have a piece of steak or pork with the rest of the family. I also eat 1% cottage cheese with 5 scallions for much some days - to give me something different. I have eatten the low sodium tuna - it's okay - well, actually I have to hold my breathe when I eat it because canned tuna sometimes grosses me out. I also put the 5 scallions in that - and what I do - it may not be legal - but I do it anyway. Instead of putting only 1 tableshoon of lite mayo, I purchased Just 2 Good Mayo, it's new to our area. It's lower in fat and calories - so I use double the amount (use 2 tablespoons) of this so the tuna is not so dry. Otherwise I would never get it down. The scallions cover the taste that I don't like. The only people that may have a 'real' problem with this is the people that I have to speak with after lunch... LOL.

Meltin, I only go to the center twice a week. 3 times was getting me discouraged as well. As far as my center - I don't hate it, but it's probably the least friendly center around here. People come and go all the time and move on to the center where my 2 sisters go. No one smiles, they look bored when reviewing my journal - what is the this called encouragement. My sister's give me that. The reason why I stay is because it's working and it's on my way home. They have had regional managers and other visitors there - everytime I see someone new and they are smiling - I tell them how suprised I am because it's the only people I see smile. I'm sure they are getting the hint that there is something wrong with the people at my center. On the other hand, they are not pushy on their products. Yes, they always want to make sure that I have enough LA Lites - but don't push the other things much. I just tell them no, and they leave me alone.

I have read some other people who have great people at their center. So, there is always hope that someone nice will show up to mine center and actually stay for more than 2 weeks.

Weighing in tomorrow, wish me luck! I'll write again.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:00 AM   #52  

Default Sorry about the lack of proof reading...

I just re-read my message and some of the wording does not make sense. Sorry about that, I will have to get better at proof reading my text before sending...
Old 05-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #53  

Default LAWL and Friends #78

Welcome to LAWL and Friends #78!

Joanne - Good luck with the weigh in. I don't mind the low sodium tuna in can so much, mayo definitely makes it better, try some eggs as well. What plan are you on? The switched me from gold to red, since I am still nursing. I got the caramel and cookie dough bars on Thurs. They are not so bad. My weigh in is tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-07-2004, 12:42 PM   #54  

Default I have entered a comment into www.myopinion.com...

I subscripted to www.mywebopinion.com - this is a website that you can read and/or enter your opinion of all different things. It's a good place to get an idea of what the plan is all about. Here is the most recent post that I got yesterday (and an signup using your email address and whenever someone sends in their comments - it sends you an email).

Thought you all may enjoy this one:

Review Alert!
Hi. Another review came in at mywebopinion.com for an item to which you are subscribed. To unsubscribe, follow this link: unsubscribe

New Reviewer Comments For Click for more reviews!

LA Weight Loss

Description: L A Weight Loss Centers is a weight loss/management franchise operation and their site explains their program.

All Customer Reviews
Average Reviewer Rating:

Number of Reviews: 308

Very Healthy Program...I love it!
Reviewer: Anonymous West Virginia May 06, 2004

I have to begin by letting you all know that I have lost 23 pounds in 12 weeks!!! I work twelve hour shifts, sometimes with only a 15-20 minute break the entire day. I have despaired of ever being able to lose the extra fourty pounds I put on after having my daughter 13 years ago! I have tried low-carb, zero carb, starvation, etc. L.A. has given me a great way to loose the weight without hunger.

To those of you who have had bad experiences with the counselors in your respective locations, I am so very sorry to hear of it. My experience has been wonderful. They have all been very helpful and supportive in my location. Especially a new girl who just moved here from out of state. She did the program herself and has been a VERY great help to me. She even spent the time to find out what foods I like and plan out several days of menus for me!

The snack bars are a bit expensive, but worth every penny! I feel like I'm having a treat twice a day every day. So, I don't feel deprived and want to cheat. I will admit that I have been out with some girlfriends and ate a couple of things I shouldn't have, but the ladies at the L.A. center helped me adjust my food choices for a couple of days after to recover from it. Considering all of my experience so far, I would highly recommend the program. It is a well-balanced diet, you don't have to starve, and it just plain works. Find a counselor in your location that you click with. See only her if you can and lose the weight! I know I will never regret losing the weight. Be prepared to change some eating habits (no, you can't skip breakfast...eat a little something and break your fast

Considering all the money I've spent over the years on diet pills, fat clothes, slim fast type products, exercise videos, etc., L.A.'s cost is a drop in the bucket and well worth it from my experience.

In the end...whatever you choose to do, do it and loose the weight! I put off seriously working to loose it for too long. I wish I could share how much better I feel now with everyone! God Bless You All!
Old 05-07-2004, 05:56 PM   #55  

Joanne - Thank you for posting the website. I should have a better attitude about the center. They are letting me have my weeks from pre-preg and I got a flyer in the mail for $3 for additional weeks. It is good to know the lites are not mandatory. They are good for me once a day, but twice is too many sweets. I understand they are not making any money with me coming back. Overall, I think it is a good plan. I just need to make myself accountable.

Hope you had a great weigh-in. Tomorrow am for me. Do you exercise with the program too?
Old 05-07-2004, 08:06 PM   #56  

Default Sorry, it's me again...

Hi everyone. Weighed in again, and down another 2 lbs. I didn't expect that - but I'm sure doing the Happy Dance! I started the Gold Plan on April 7th so in a month's time I'm down 13.8 lbs. This plan is working.

Hey, I have something else to share that I made tonight and it was really yummy.

Portabello Mushroom Pizza (my version - modified from a South Beach diet book that I read at the hair dressers yesterday).

Wash and cut off stem of 2 large portabello muchrooms. Spray non-stick pan with pam and put muchrooms in the pan, I keep flipping every few minutes (they start getting wet the more they are cooked so you don't have to add any liquid). While the muchrooms are cooking, I turned the oven on broil to get it hot. While the mushrooms are getting tender, I sliced a clove of garlic and put it into the same pan as the mushrooms. Took the garlic out so it wouldn't burn and set aside. Then, sliced a small tomato and put in the slices in the pan with the mushrooms. Flipped the mushrooms and the tomatoes until I thought they were done enough. Placed the cooked mushrooms on a flat pizza pan. Sprinkled with basil, put on pieces of garlic, then the tomatoes - and topped off with 1 oz of skim mozzarella cheese on each mushroom. Put in broiler for about 1 minute or until the cheese browned. That's it! I counted it as 1 dairy, 2 veggies.

I don't mean to hog the message board, but wanted to write while I had a few minutes. Weekends get pretty busy - especially with Mother's day on Sunday.

Happy Mother's Day to all of your lucky mothers!

~Joanne~
Old 05-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #57  

Default Now I'm getting lonely....

Hi ladies. Am I the only one who doesn't have a life? LOL Guess I better find something else to do - I'm off to the WW website, that place is always active and lots of support... You know I will be checking back...
Old 05-10-2004, 10:52 PM   #58  

Hi Ladies

I have just joined LA and am looking forward to seeing some results. I met with a counsellor that I really like and we did this great visioning exercise. Normally I don't like those sort of things but this one really helped me get focused on my goals. I am starting with Take Off tomorrow...
I look forward to getting to know all of you in our journey to lose the weight!

Nancy
Old 05-11-2004, 07:00 AM   #59  

Talking Welcome Frosty

I love your screen name seeing where your from. Welcome to the message board. It does not appear to be very active - but I do check daily for new messages. Good Luck with LA! Keep us updated, and if you have any hints or tips you get from your center - please share, I will do the same.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:05 PM   #60  

Thanks Syracuse

As I mentioned, I am on day one of my Take Off and then will start on the purple plan on Thursday. In total I would like to lose about 40 pounds - but my first goal is to break 200 pounds (and that is 8 pounds away).

I was so impressed with how nice and very sincere my counsellor was. She took me through a visioning exercise - in brief she had me visualize what I look like and feel like when I am at goal weight... then had me visualize how I look and feel right now. The difference is very black and white and should create and remind me of my strong desire to lose the weight.

You see, I always get "gung-ho" for the first week or two and then my intentions start to fade.

I hope you all have a great week.
Closed Thread