La Weightloss #23

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Bella, and everyone else,

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

I did get the breathasize tape they actually gave it to me. And I am definetly planning on using it. My husband and I have also started walking every evening for now we are walking two miles. We have a 6 month old puppy so we take her with us.

I only did the juice thing for 2 days, but they did have me eat while I was on it. 6 oz. of meat and 2 vegies a day and 2 lites.

I don't know how well I did over the weekend because I forgot my plan info at work but we will see I am weighing in at about 11:30 today.

The only thing I have found (not to be gross) but I have had a bowl movement almost everytime I go to the bathroom. Is that normal. I am also kind of tired. I think I am going to start taking vitamins but my own the centers are really expensive and I just can not afford it right now.

Congrats to everyone on their success!

Robin
  • Hi all - I was going to wait to post tonight when I got home from weigh in but I was laughing when I read your post Robben - don't worry about talking about the bowel movement thing - when I worked in the center it was a major topic of discussion!! (when I was there you had to check with the clients on their BM's during their visits - I don't know if this still holds true - and yes , differant people have differant reactions , and from my past experience it seemd that either you were at one end and could not go at all or could not stop

Lady Di - thank you again for your words of encouragement - and you are right, some of us need more structure - I myself need the 3x's a week support system and weigh in. I love the shakes, I mix them with coffee and ice and it is like having my own coolata! I may do a small bulk as an extra reserve since I know I do the shakes - but I definitely do not buy their supplements - especially the FB250 , I tried it when I was working with them - and found no additional weight loss results

and yes I dusted off that treadmill and hopped back on this weekend
    I could only go .7 of a mile in 16 minutes but I have to start somewhere

JRobben let me know how u like the Breathsize tape - the first time I did it I was laughing because I felt so silly good luck at weigh in
  • HI, I'm still here!
    Hi ladies,

No matter how much I try I just have a hard time getting here lately. Everything is going good here. The scale went up a little last week but I'm PMSing and nothing I can do about that. I'm just getting back into my workouts. I threw my back out during my workout on Thursday and have been quite sore up until today. I did do a Basic Taebo workout today but that just doesn't cut it when you're used to the advanced. Hopefully I'll be back into full swing again here soon.

There's so much going on around here that I really do need to get here more often. I want to welcome all the newbies, Robben, Bela, & Tosca.

MOM - How was the wedding this weekend? Keep up the terrific work!

Robben - You've had a really terrrific start, I have the breathasize tape but never used it. They also just handed me mine the day I started my program. I think I read 4lbs down so far! WAY TO GO!

Tosca - Glad to see you've decided to give it a go and rejoin. Keep coming here for support it'll help tremendously.

Bela - You have quite a story. Glad to hear you decided to jump back on and resign up. I'm sure it wasn't easy walking back in there again. I loved the structure and the weighing in 3 times a week. It really kept me on track and only having limited choices made planning very easy. I've seen the WW program and its a good one(my mom & sister are on it now) but there were just way to many choices on there. I had to have someone tell me what to eat and when.

Crystal - How are things with you? Did you get to weigh in after your big conference?

Di - I'm glad to hear things are still going well with you. Busy is not the word for what its been like around here lately. I leave on my trip to Korea a week from Wednesday. That's when I fly, I actually leave here Tues afternoon to take the kids home to family. I can't wait, I'm really getting excited, a little nervous too. I've never flown such a distance never mind to a foreign country where I have to deal with customs and stuff.

Well, its time to head out of here and think about supper for me and the kids. Have a great one everyone. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow(I'll try anyway).

Terry
  • getting back on track
    I am trying to get back on track. I gained 1 3/4 lbs total since the two week confenence bonanza. I will see what it is up to tomorrow. I had a bachelorette party this past weekend and another one this weekend. Then two weddings in april. Oh, the temptation.
    I have been able to slowly start back on the exercise. I am suffering bad PMS. Hungry, feeling sad, the usual. I know that the exercise will make me feel better.

I have my 10 year reunion coming up in August. I would like to lose 20 more lbs. before then. My weeks are up at the end of this month. I am thinking about buying more. I don't know.

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing good. I missed you guys. I need to get on here more often now that I am back on town.
    I will talk to you all later,
    Crystal
  • Back
    Wow, I was only gone for a few days, so much activity on the board!! How are the newbie's doing? I saw a friend for coffee last week and after talking to me she joined LA the next day. Before I left for my wedding we talked a long time about the $$$ issue relating to the LA lites. I can't wait to talk to her this evening to hear how she did over the weekend. Anyway about the LA lites, there are other bars out there with the same nutritional content that are much cheaper. I also like the LUNA bar. Some of their flavors are better than the LA lite. I agree it only disqualifies you from your rebate as far as I know. I have taken to using mostly the shake since I can't find a substitute that I like as much. As for the bars, I really love the chocolate crunch, but often eat the LUNA bar instead.

The wedding was great. I had a wonderful time. Everyone commented how wonderful I looked. Best of all I got on the home scale this morning. I think I only gained 1lb. I was very careful, I didn't eat one sweet. I think I had too many starches though. Anyway I will weigh in either today or tomorrow depending upon my schedule. I'll let you all know.

Robin: I kind of have the opposite problem with the LA lite, it tends to constipate me. I think your reaction is normal.

Crystal: Those 10 year reunions are fun. Go for it.... You'll feel great about yourself if you lose a few more pounds before then.

Terry: hope your back feels better. Your trip is coming right around the corner!!!
  • Hi
    Good to hear from everyone.....we are on a roll ladies!!

Robin: your walking sounds like a good plan.
    When I follow the program to the letter I get consitipated.

Bela: good job getting the treadmill out,,16mins it a good start..it is always good to start out slow then work your way up..If you find 15 mins is your limit, you can try and do that 2x a day...until you can do it longer.The one time I did breathersize a couple times I felt silly too, but it has been proven it does work. I do my own type of breathersize on my own a couple minutes a day if I remember!!,,I do it to get my stomach muscles tighter.

Terry---Korea in a week!!, how exciting..I am happy for you..the time is just flying by...You move to Maryland in May right??

Crystal: good to hear from you...I didn't meet my goal weight by my date, I didn't buy more weeks, I just really didnt see the reason,,,I can tell from what you write your center is good,, I just didn't think mine was worth giving more money..I went right to stabilization then maintainance and just continued to try and loose on my own...I could have done better, but I am holding my loss, I am 3lbs from my initial goal weight...good luck on the decision you make.

Mom...I went to a wedding in November, I got alot of compliments also on my loss, so I know how you feel, It
    felt soo good to hear it..it gives you extra added motivation...I try and keep things in perspective but boy does it feel good when someone says "you look soo good have you lost weight"!!..doesn't it just make your day...
    Good day all...talk to ya later...Di
  • Hi all -

Well I went for my P.E last night - the end of the 3 day take off and I lost 7 pds - I must have been holding on to ALOT of water! anyway, so now I don't expect to see a loss on Wed and Fri visits

Jeez, I worked for the company and I didn't know that was the policy on the lites - I only had one client who would not do them cause of the cost and my area mgr got involved with it - As for me and the lites I had 31 boxes left, and bulked for some more - when I really thought about it I know for me I do better with the extra snack- I am just so damn cheap

Lady Di thanks for the idea on the treadmill - that is funny that is exactly what I did yesterday - so technically I did walk a mile + yesterday - just not all in one shot - I will keep doing this until I can get my stamina up

Wow Terry - Korea - that must be so exciting and just think now all your clothes are much tinier and easier to pack ...lol

Robben - are u tired now that you have finished your 3 days takeoff ? or since you started program

Have a good day all
  • gain
    Ok, I went and weighed in. I gained 1 1/2 lbs the long weekend I was away at my sister's wedding. I am pleased that it wasn't more. Back to the exercise, hope to be perfect the next few days. Talk to you later.
  • I weighed and I stayed the same. I was very happy. I am going to try this juice thing. Can someone post what they are supposed to eat. What I got sounds a little different than what I have read recently.

I really think that the weight lifting helped me not gain so much in the last two weeks. I need to get to the Y this week.

I will talk to you guys later, i'm at work

Crystal
  • Hey everyone,

I weighed in on Monday and I lost 1 lb. up to 5 total now.

I have gotten tired since I started the program, I decided to buy my own vitamins and that has seemed to help today.

Over the weekend I left all my info at work but I still lost 1 lb so I am happy.

We had snow here yesterday and I am so ready for spring it is not even funny. Spring always seems to help me get more motivated!

Well good luck at your next visit everyone!

Robin
  • HI
    Afternoon everyone!

Crystal - Don't worry about that gain from your conferences. I'm sure now that you're home you'll get back on track and have that scale moving in the right direction again shortly. You can definately loose 20lbs by your reunion. It'd be so cool to go in there and show off the "new" you! I'm sure that weight lifting is definately helping you by keeping your metabolism revved up.

Mom - Glad you enjoyed the wedding. What a feeling when everyone notices all your hard work. You certainly deserve all those compliments. And you only gained 1-1/2, thats really not bad. I know you're back on the exercise and OP wagon and the scale will be moving downward again next weigh in.

Di - Time is finally starting to move again. I've got so much to do this week before my trip it isn't funny, so it should fly right by. He'll be home 23 days after I get back on May 8th. We leave for Maryland on June 6th. I'm just soooo glad this year is over and we'll get to be a real family again. Hope your day was a good one.

Bela - WOW! 7lbs on take off!! That's incredible!!! I hear this juice thing is pretty good. Where I'm maintaining and the level of my workouts I'm not trying the juice. UNLESS of course...I come back from my trip and gain more than I'd like to. You know I already said its so cool, I'm checking ONE lg. duffel bag for luggage and that's it. It helps to have small clothes now! In case you missed it, my husband is in the Army and has been stationed over in Korea since May,2000. Its a tour of duty that me and the kids aren't allowed to go to, so I'm going to visit him, mainly for a shopping spree. You can get just about anything made right to your measurements over there. And being 5' that is going to be a big plus. #1 order of business....leather pants and a leather coat. After that some dresses, lingerie and whatever else I can find!!

Well, I should go and start dinner. Kids are telling me they're "starving". YEAH RIGHT! Like I never feed them! Talk to everyone later.

Terry
  • I haven't learned everyone's name yet, but please feel welcome hear. I am glad that you all are posting. It is inspiring to read new posts.

I am doing the juice thing. I did perfectly today. I'm thinking it is a fluid thing. I don't know. You don't get a lot of calories. One thing it is helping me do is to get my focus back. Those past two weeks, I wasn't on my best behavior. Doing this is helping me come out of the fog I was in. It helps me to see that I am in control of what I am eating and can get back in control anytime I need too. I will probably revamp it for my own use when I need to refocus in the future. Although, it isn't something I would do longterm.

I just figured out that I can scroll down and see all the posts. I used to go back on my browser and look at everyones names. I hated it. Don't tell me I could have done this all along

Thanks for all the support everyone has been giving.

Terry- it sounds like you are getting ready for korea. Take plenty of pictures Just seeing your continued success is so inspiring. Thank you for all your supportive words.

Tosca- This is a great place to get support. You can do it. i have learned that exercise is the key. The next key is getting the motivation to do it After a while, you actually like it!!

Di- I have two more weeks. I think that they messed up my weeks, (in my favor) so my mouth is closed I will decide later on purchasing more or not. I am afraid to do it on my own.

Robben - you can do it. This time around, I have really been working on self dialogue. I think in the past I always told myself, "You will never do it. Why even try" I started seeing that pattern this time around as well. I started paying attention to the things I tell myself. You would be amazed if you actually listen. I am so rude to myself It has helped me , just an idea. Can you tell, I watch a lot of OPrah and Dr. Phil

Bela - I think almost all of us can say that we have been humilated with weightloss. I've lost and gained and lost and gained. But you and all of us have so much courage to try again. It is a very courageous choice to try and again. It is scary because we are thinking of failing AGAIN. You can do it, I can do it, we all can do it. Once and for all!!!

mom- it sounds like your doing great. All the compliments you will be getting at the wedding will be worth it. Big time motivation!! I hope you have a great time.

Whew, that was a lot of writing. had to have burned some calories.

This juice thing must really have gone to my head
    All those extra starches these past two weeks must have clouded my brain. I guess I will get off here now.

Talk to you later,

Crystal
  • Hello all!
    Thanks for all the kind words! Well I did return to the clinic on Monday and was up 7lbs (I was away from the program for 3 weeks)...which wasn't as bad I thought it would be! Did great on Mon. and went back on Tuesday and had gone down 4 1/4 lbs! I know it is mostly water but it was great! I'm going back today and am going to go at least 3 times a week....I really need the check in on the scale... it keeps me going....My clinic is getting in the juice program and I'm going to try it for 2 days...Probably next week!
    I want to thank all of you for your support and info....I really enjoy reading all of your successes and struggles. It really helps to know that we are not alone!
    Have a great day everyone!
    Sincerely,
    tosca
  • Hello - I weighed in last night, and was down another pound to my suprise - 8 pds in 5 days? I must have been really waterlogged We will see after tomorrow nights weigh in - I feel heavier

Tosca - congrats on your return to program - seeing the numbers go down like that must have felt wonderful!

Terry - you and I are the same height I love the leather outfit idea - have a wonderful trip!
    I checked out your website again this evening - you really are an inspiration to many!

Have a good day all!
  • Dear Bela67,
    Yes it's great to see the numbers going down! Went in again on Thurs. (just had been in on Tues.) and had stayed the same...fine with me! If I have time I will go in today or definately on Sat.....Feels good to be back on track and I must admit I do feel better when I'm on program!
    Have a great Friday!
    tosca