Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 04:52 PM   #16  

Babysteps,

When I first started, the center told me to not look at the calories. So I don't. I do know it varies with each plan.

Most of the meals are the same.
Protein, starch, fruit, veg.
You eat a dairy and then you have your bars.

It's really hard to tell you as there are several different plans out there. If you could go to a center, I don't think you will have to pay to have a consultation with them.

Diane...
I have spoken with another successful LAWL lady. She said when you get out of your plan, it's not a bad idea to start it again. She advised me to look at it as if I were doing it from the start.

It should give me a jump again.
She also gave me great advice on the relationship that exercise the foods we eat have with each other.

I'm doing it with my T.O. and eating the protien again.
Then I'm back on the Gold Plan. If I get hungry, I'll add some protein.

We can do it!!

Have a good weekend girls!!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:26 AM   #17  

Height: 5'10"

Hello all!
Haven't posted for quite some time, but do frequently read your posts and they have been helpful. I am now on my 5th week of LA Weightloss, and I have lost 10.8 pounds. I am writing to see if anyone has any great recipes for preparing vegetables, where you don't really "taste" them...I know that is asking for a lot, but thought I would try my luck. I have never liked veggies, and I knew that I would HAVE to eat them to be successful on this plan, so I have just decided to eat them. And I usually just chew, swallow, and wash down with water. (Which sounds very childish I know...but for some reason I just don't like them...I wish I did) So any recipes or tips any of you could offer would be great. I did end up purchasing the LA Weightloss Cookbook...and it has helped with a few things, but thought I would see what you all have come up with as well. I am now on the Gold Plan (as of yesterday) and get one less veggie (which works for me! ) I would love to lose 10 more pounds this month, as I am supposed to meet up with some old, old friends mid October...and am really working to do just that.

Thanks for all your posts they help motivate me!
God Bless
ad4now
Old 09-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #18  

Hello All!

Sorry I haven't written in such a while but it's been hectic at work and home. It's been a rough couple of weeks work wise and personally but I'm getting through it.

It seams like when death or sickness hits, it doesn't just come in 1 or 2 persons but it seams to be a lot of people. I hate to always talk about sad things when I write but right now that's all that has been happening in my life.

I have lost weight, I don't know if its the stress or what but I've been more focus on taking care of myself. I'm considering going back to LAWL myself, not so much for the plan but the accountability. I have the eating down to a size and the exercise to but accountability is the key for me and I don't want to waste my money.

Anyway, I might not write that much but I will check in weekly. My girlfriend had surgery on her brain after falling out this week and now she's fighting for her life. She's 35 with 3 small children. Please say a prayer for her. Thanks!

Until next week, have a great weekend!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 12:28 AM   #19  

Kim.

My prayers with your friend and her family.

I know you need support and prayers too. God Bless you both!

When it's the darkest, that's when God is the Brightest.

Hang in there.

Skychick.

Ad, about the veggies...

Can you give me an idea of what kinds are the easiest for you?
I have an LAWL cook book. I'll look some up for you.

Good luck!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:04 AM   #20  

Hey Diane...thanks! I never even noticed! LOL

Silly me
Old 09-08-2003, 09:32 AM   #21  

Hello Ladies....

Happy Monday!! I had one bad weekend. It is that TOM again and I just felt fat and icky...so how did I deal with it....I went to the gym and just beat myself. No...not a good way to deal with it but...it got me out of the house and I was not eating. Actually my hubby was off this weekend and it was such a beautiful weekend that we went bike riding on Saturday and Sunday. And you would have thought that biking would have been enough exerices for a normal person...but not for me. I went to the gym before or after our rides. So to be honest...I am kinda exhausted today. Gonna take it easy with the gym this week. I say that now but I wont listen to myself. I didn't do to great with eating...I either didn't eat but then when I did I went into binge mode...so at this TOM I need to find a happy medium. Ohhhh and of course I went in weighed in on Saturday after 2 weeks of not weighing in and I was up 3lbs...that didn't help me any. Fingers are crossed that it is water weigh...but....who knows. I am planning to stay on track this whole week because I leave for the beach with the girls this friday and I know I will not be eating or exercising right this coming weekend.

Kim...You and your friend are in my prayers. Keep up your strength. Please feel free to talk or type about what is happening in your life. Sometimes when you can get it out you feel better. At least that is how I feel. I feel that you guys get sick of me always whinning about something but it helps when I get it out. So post away....hopefully it will help you deal with all the stress in your life. I know just having you guys here it helps me. And I too don't post all that is happening in my life because I don't want to bore anyone...but I am still having issues with my friends over my weightloss. I have one friend who doesn't want to see me. We get along great on phone....but when I try to make plans to see her and her kids...something always comes up. And she totally refuses to go to the beach with us girls. But anyhow..that is some of the drama in my life.

Ad4now....I put Ms. Dash's seasoning on my veggies. I am not a big veggie eater soooo I usually eat more of my veggies raw. And if I do have them with dinner it is in a salad. I sometimes have broccoli or green beans...not often....so I know how it is about veggies.....can't wait to see other ideas

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in later!!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #22  

Yeah...am having the WORST time with veggies...Probably you guys won't believe this...but before I joined LA Weightloss, I had not eaten any vegetables (except for corn...which doesn't really count) for about 3 years. The ladies at LAWL were even shocked that I had not gotten sick by not eating any veggies...but I have just always REALLY disliked them.

Skychick....I too have the LAWL cookbook. Have you found any that were just really great? I am willing to try anything once, and know that I have to eat them. I am just looking for something that doesn't make me feel like I am eating "weeds and grass" each day.

I can tolerate so few veggies...I was thinking of getting a juicer and just drinking them fast. But haven't gone that drastic just yet. I have been eating lettuce, brocoli, and celery....for the past 5 weeks. And let me tell ya...if someone would invent a pill with equal content...I would GLADLY kiss them til the end of time!

Also, thought of asking if anyone has come up with a tasty way to cook turkey breast so it's not SO dry? (Perhaps I am telling on myself here, with my cooking skills...but I really didn't have a need to cook such things before now... )

I am also feeling a little discouraged because my best friend is doing LAWL, and she's been doing it for about 10 weeks and she has lost 50 lbs! (and not that I am not thrilled for her, cause I am...But I too would like such results too) I feel like I am doing everything right...and I am still losing just maybe a few ounces each time. Does the fact that she is wanting to lose 120 lbs, and I want to lose 52 lbs, have anything to do with how quickly hers is coming off? I have been told my a couple ppl, that the more you want to lose, the faster it will come off at first...but wondered if that was really true.

Thanks so much guys!
ad4now
Old 09-09-2003, 09:03 AM   #23  

Hello Everyone! Well I am happy to report that I was OP all day yesterday no cheats. I am soooo very proud of myself. I guess that is because I was bad this weekend. I need to get my butt in gear. I was acutally just really tired yesterday. I guess from all the cardio that I did over the weekend that my body was just plum wore out. I didn't even make it through spinning class I left 15 minutes early. And the 45 minutes I was in class I was struggling. But I tried. I hope today is a better day for cardio. And I hope that I can keep up my good eating. In the back of my mind I keep thinking that I am going to beach this weekend...junk food heaven....*smile*

Kim...Hope all is well with you...Miss not reading your posts. I know what you mean about the accoutability. I think that is why I stay with LAWL because I know I have to be weighed every Saturday. And it kinda keeps me on track. Just think your cruise is right around the corner...I am soooo excited for you.

AD...I thought I was bad with veggies. But 3 years with out them. Wow...that is amazing. I can only imagine what a hard time you must be having. I thought I was bad only eating brocolli and green beans...but I have broaden my horizons now and I eat cabbage, brussel sprouts, peppers and onions, sugar snap peas, and spinanch...only spinanch if I mix with my scrambled eggs.
So I am trying...the brussel sprouts are hard for me sometimes...but I get them down. As for cooking turkey breast I buy a fresh turkey breast and then put in the roaster and let it cook slow...It is good the first day but then it does start getting dry...so I don't think it is your cooking I just think that is the way turkey is. Also, you can try those cooking bags..that seems to keep the juice in and make the turkey juicy. Please don't get discouraged because you are not losing as fast as your friend. You have to remember no two people are alike. Yes, she has more weight to lose than you so she will lose just a tad bit faster but...just remember slow and steady wins the race. As long as you are losing each visit you should be sooo proud of yourself. I remember at the beginning feeling depressed with only losing 2oz but hey 2oz is 2oz and they build up to a pound. You are doing great just keep up the good work.

Well time to get to work...hope everyone is doing great and staying on top of the eating. I will try and check back in later...have a wonderful day...the weather is beautiful here in the DC area....enjoy!!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:48 PM   #24  

Thanks for the encouragement Tab...I need all the help I can get. I will try that out on the Turkey. Also, my card for the Gold Plan doesn't list brussel sprouts....are we allowed to have those? Cause for some strange reason, I actually like those...but they aren't listed..(just my luck huh?)

Can I ask where everyone is...in their weightloss plans? Since I just recently joined...I am not sure where everyone is. (For example, if everyone is still losing, on maintenance, just starting, etc.)

Have a great day Everyone!!
ad4now
Old 09-10-2003, 09:59 AM   #25  

Happy Hump Day.....Hello Everyone....Where are you??? It is just me and Ad4now and we are getting lonely...*smile* But we are keeping the board alive

Well I did really good again yesterday..except for a few pieces of hard candy...couldn't help my self..they were butterscotch...mmm mmm good but other than that I was OP. I had grilled chicken strips with peppers and onions for dinner...it was sooo good. I am weighing in on Friday morning before I leave for beach...so I hope I have good results I have been very good these last few days

Ad4now....I am on maintenance. You know what...I am on Red Plan and I don't see brussel sprouts on my list either....but I do see cabbage and isn't that close to a brussel sprout....I don't know I have been eating them and counting them as a veggie.

Well gots some work to do...trying to get out of here early today and be off on Thurs, Friday and monday for the beach....I will try and check in later.

Have a good day!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:08 AM   #26  

I think everyone got busy...and left us here...

When you are on maintenance how does it work? Do you still follow the same plan you were on before? And do you still weigh in every week?

Tab...he he...yeah...I do think brussel sprouts are very close to cabbage. Maybe I will try that too! Have fun at the beach!! I will be stuck inside...but at least the weather here has gotten a bit cooler...we were stuck with a 105 heat index for the longest time.

I go in to weigh today around 12:30....so I am keeping my fingers crossed for some weight loss...would LOVE for it to be more than a few ounces...but anything will be great.

Take care and have a great day!
ad4now
Old 09-10-2003, 04:12 PM   #27  

Hello Ladies....Well I am beach bound...Lets hope I don't party too much and gain too much weight. I do plan to indulge and enjoy myself. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and I will check back in on Tuesday. Yes....I am off until Tuesday...I am sooo excited.

And I am excited because I just booked me and hubby's one year anniversary to Las Vegas...We leave on October 16th. Soooo looking forward to that mini vacation.

Ad4now...yes maintenance is kinda the same. You get different food choices and more fruits and startches....and you are only required to weigh in one time a week. That weighing in one time a week keeps me honest. Keeps me on my toes. I hope you weigh in goes well. I am sure it will. You have been on plan and eating your veggies.....*smile* Well have a great weekend and I will check in on Tuesday. Hopefully we will have more posts from the other ladies...I miss them.

OK...everyone stay on Plan and keep up the good work.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:35 AM   #28  

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm in the process of moving from one office to another. This is the 4th time this year, I sure hope this time is permanent, I'm tired of packing and unpacking.

This morning I took a spin class and loved it! The ladies had been asking me to do so for a while now but I just didn't think I could but I managed to make it through the entire 45 minutes. We started out with 8 and an instructor and ended with only 2. I wish they offered this class more than once a week in the morning time but it's a change from the rountine. Maybe I'll be able to get these hips and butt down now. My butt hurts so bad during and now after the class, is there anything I can do for that?

Tomorrow I weigh myself, so far, I'm down 47 pounds and I'm hoping to hit the big 50, I don't really think so but I'm hopeful.

Until next week, ladies, have a great end of the week and weekend and I'll write next week.

Also, welcome ad4now, I wish you luck on your weigh in.

Hi Tab, Diane, Jibbelle & skychick. I hope all is well with you ladies.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:21 PM   #29  

Thanks guys! Well, I have weighed in twice since I posted...and have lost 12.4 lbs now in 6 weeks. With 39.6 more lbs to go.

Am feeling like it's going SOOO slow...

Hope you are all doing well.
ttyl....
ad4now
Old 09-16-2003, 09:20 AM   #30  

Good morning ladies,

I see the board has been moving a little slow. Anyway, I hope all had a good weekend.

Ad4now-congrats on your lose! 12.4 lbs in 6 weeks is about what you should be losing. It's a slow process and each individual is different so don't compare yourself with your friend. There are so many things to take under consideration when losing weight. It looks like you're right on schedule.

Tab-I know you had a great time at the beach this past weekend. Tell us all the great foods you ate. You are truly enjoying life, I like that about you! I'm trying to start and not be so down on myself about weight. I have allowed it to alter a lot of things I use to do. I've become so consumed with weight lost and other things going on in my life, I just want this to be over so I can move on to things that should really matter, but will it ever be over Who knows, but I still need to enjoy life no matter what.

Well, I got on the scale last week and I was only down 2 more pounds. A little disappointing but it's that time of the month for me so maybe that's why. I'm just thankful for not seeing a gain. I would like to lose 41 more pounds but it's just not coming off in the right places. If I could lose 25lbs in the but, hips & thigh area I would settle and probably go no further but it doesn't happen that way.

Anyway, I will check in later on....Have a great day!

By the way, my girlfriend is doing better, she's still in ICU and has no use of her legs and can't speak but we're still praying for a miracle. It's a blessing she's still alive, God is faithful even when we're not!
Closed Thread