3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   January 2014 LAWL (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/291150-january-2014-lawl.html)

Shy16 01-02-2014 11:30 AM

January 2014 LAWL

Happy New Year's everyone!

I suspect that many people will find their way back to this thread now that the new year has descended upon us!
It's time to evaluate and re-evaluate our lifestyles!

Shy16 01-02-2014 11:35 AM

January 2....
It's TOM for me so I know my weight is not correct... I hope... lol
I've got new batteries in my scale and I don't like the number staring back at me! I'm going to have to ride out TOM and then post my new weight.

Unfortunately, I still can't jump into my new lifestyle plan.... DH made plans for us to to to the States for the weekend. Great. More family and more food.
Hopefully all the walking in the shopping malls will help keep the weight in control!
lol

How is everyone else doing? Have you started your journey yet or are you still waiting?

ButterflyQueen 01-03-2014 03:18 PM

I'm sure you've all seen this question before. Can someone send me the pdf of everything for the Purple Plan, I think? I'm 5'2" and weight 190lbs.

I've figured out what to use in place of the Take Off juice and Lite bars. I just need how many of each thing I need to eat and portion sizes.

THANKS SO MUCH!

angeee 01-03-2014 06:50 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am happy to have found your topic! I successfully participated in LAWL in 2003-2004. At the time I went from 170 to 150, and settled in at 155. Now I only wish I could be back there. Of course it has been 10 years now, my weight has fluctuated primarily due to stress (marriage, divorce, vacation in iraq) and sharing food duties at times which took away my food control. I think I look good at this weight, even a little more, but I FEEL my best at or below 160. That also puts me just at a 25 BMI, which I think is best for my overall health.

So I am digging out my books and hoping I can get back on track. I don't remember it being difficult for me, although I did become a little obsessed, which I don't think is too healthy. Hoping for a balanced route this time around.

Today I am starting my greens and protein, halfway through the day, hating it!! I was a blue plan person before, and I am missing my carbs!!

Hope to share updates with you all. :)

Angela

angeee 01-04-2014 07:25 PM

Day 2.. omg

I went on a 3.5 hour hike :carrot:.. by accident. I wouldn't have planned on being so active on a strict diet day! I cooked 2 eggs and bacon, and took a couple slices of bacon on the hike along w an orange. I ate some chicken when I got home and am still starrrvving. I will have a salad and then head out for dinner (teriyaki chicken and veggies). I was down 1 lb this morning, yayy! I always feel envious of the people who do the two day start and end up dropping 5 lbs.. that has never happened for me! I was going to try to extend this just one more day, but I really need my carbs! I will look for my little food journals and the portions/exchanges. Still looking for my books :)

Shy16 01-06-2014 12:46 PM

Hello Ladies!
I'm glad there is some action on this thread!

I finally came back into town (Canada actually) yesterday late afternoon. I tried to get in before a huge snow storm was supposed to hit. Unfortunately, the roads were bad and were getting worse when I got closer and closer. I ended up having to shovel at least one foot of snow before I could get the car into the driveway and unpack. It was crazy!!!
It kept snowing all night and this morning the busses and schools were cancelled! Yay! The kids were still exhausted from our revolving door two-week holiday and they could use a day of sleeping in and getting settled!
Well.... they got it!

I still have to go out and shovel yet another foot of snow! I should do it soon as there seems to be a lull in the snow falling right now. Also, the temperature is supposed to plummet to record breaking frigid temp. I don't want to be out there then!!!

Okay, enough of the weather forecast. lol

@Angeee: Wow. Good for you! You've already lost one pound.... I do hope you lose more on your TO. I wish I were doing a TO right now but I don't have groceries in the house to do it.... and it doesn't look like I'll be going out in this storm either!
I, too, am envious of people who lose so much weight on a TO! I don't think I ever did.
I can't believe that you went out for a 3.5 hr hike! That's crazy. That's fantastic!
I hope you saw better results on your TO as a result of it!!!
I hope you've found your books!

Sadly, I have gained weight. Yup. I knew I did. I ended up not gaining too much but more than I had hoped!
I have to fix my ticker and let reality set in!

Shy16 01-06-2014 03:33 PM

okay..... I'm back in from shovelling...

The reality is that I have gained 13.5 lbs overall. I now need to lose this weight to get back to my goal weight.

Shy16 01-07-2014 10:50 AM

Can anyone say C-O-L-D?????
It is freezing around here! There is unprecedented cold mixed in with the wind chill that makes it unbearable!!!!
So.... school is cancelled for another day!
It will be 2 1/2 weeks of holidays before my kids get back into the groove. I actually think they want to go back badly!!!

Weight is still the same....

Shy16 01-09-2014 10:10 AM

Well the kids are back in school and it looks like we are going to thaw soon! It has been crazy cold....

How is everyone doing?
@Angeee: How did you do with your TO??? I hope you got great results. Please post your results so that the rest of us can be encouraged.

I hope to do a TO next week. I'm finally going to go out and buy some food!!! I've been making do with what I have around the house..... pasta etc.

My weight seems to have gone up slightly... it must be all those carbs I've been eating for the last few days. Mind you, they were warm and comforting with this cold.

LoveYaYa 01-09-2014 12:21 PM

Hi ladies,

I just got my package today (silver plan)and will be trying this for the first time ever. My aunt has used this diet and had incredible results. I will be starting on the 12th I'm 5'5 and 190 pounds smh. I'm happier at 135-140. In May I will be turning 30 and I would love to be a lot healthier and thinner than I am now.

Those of you with experience, what would you say is a realistic goal lost for 5 months?

Thanx in advance

Also I got a free bottle of Maxatrim anyone use it before?

Shy16 01-11-2014 09:56 AM

Hi @LoveYaYa! Welcome....
I guess you'll be starting your TO tomorrow right? Good luck with that.... I hope you lose lots of weight!

I would say that you could easily lose 25-30 lbs within 5 months! And that's taking into consideration the odd party and get-together you might attend. These events can halt your weightloss or cause you to gain slightly.
Anyways... that's how much I lost in that time frame and I had Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years etc to deal with at the time!
You will probably lose more than 30 lbs....

okay.... so I decided to start watching what I'm eating and measuring my food so that I don't overdo it. I couldn't handle the weight I saw yesterday and just made the conscience effort.
The result?...... I dropped 2.5 lbs overnight!!!!!!!
Yippee... I can't believe it! I'm so excited and super-pumped to keep going after this fantastic result.

Now I'm just 0.5 lbs over what my ticker shows.... Hopefully I will be where the ticker indicates and I can continue this journey.

Shy16 01-12-2014 09:27 AM

Yay!!!!! I dropped another pound overnight!

I've fixed my ticker and my profile to show my true weight and now there's no turning back. I've admitted to myself that I've actually gained more weight towards the end of the winter holidays. I've accepted reality and now, for the last two days, I'm doing something about it..... I refuse to let the scale go up slowly to a number I don't want to see again.

I'm not even really trying..... imagine if I were.....

How's everyone else doing???

Shy16 01-13-2014 11:05 AM

My weight is the same today....thanks to the pizza binge! It didn't help but it didn't hurt either!
I knew I was having it for dinner so I made all the necessary adjustments for it throughout the day. I guess it helped.

How are you ladies doing?
@Angeee and @Loveyaya; how were your take-offs? What results did you achieve? Please come back and post your results so that others can be motivated!

Shy16 01-14-2014 08:17 AM

Yipee.....
I dropped 1.5 lbs overnight!!!!
The pizza binge is behind me now...

Where is everyone? I thought that this thread would be active now with all the new years resolutions underway. There are two of you who have done the TO recently and have not come back to post your results and also to post daily. You should be losing weight like crazy right now.
Let us know how you're doing.

Shy16 01-15-2014 08:08 AM

My weight's the same today and I'm okay with that. I totally indulged in my dinner last night... and I know what I did wrong!
I was totally fine all day and then I made my favourite for dinner and just couldn't stop! I kept taking 'just a couple more bites'. lol

I'm just glad that the scale shows the same weight. ;)
IF it were more, I'd be crushed.... all that work all day long and then.....

How's everyone doing?