3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #71

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 07:38 AM   #46

Hello Kimbo and Marcie:
Did you miss me yesterday? I was thinking of you both, but just did not get the chance to get one the computer.
Marcie I forgot to ask are you finished with school? Marcie a wedding dress will keep you motivated.
Kimbo how is your father-in- law doing?
My eating if I could just stay patient with myself I think I will be just fine, I just get to tempted with quick fixes sometimes. My body just like the slow and steady route.
Kimbo what kind of cardio are you doing? I got the book, can you have milk on that plan? I liked it so far but I don't want to get myself into a restrictive plan again.
Diane
Old 07-16-2003, 07:57 AM   #47

Good morning ladies!

Diane-you're up early this morning and yes we did miss you! Patience is the hardest part to changing your eating patterns and waiting on the weight to leave your body. But you can't look at it in the short-term, we must remember this is going to be a way of life for us so it doesn't matter if it takes a little longer than we want it to. I hear me saying this with my mouth and I know it's the truth but I feel the same way you do, it just seams like the right thing to say. I'm sure your can have milk, I believe it's skim milk so I guess it all depends on your taste. I can't tolerate milk, not even the lactose stuff after a few days. My father in law is doing well, I think his main problem is smoking, he's coughing so bad and the doctors told him a several years ago that a portion of his lungs were black and that me needed to stop. But of course that lasted for about a week. It's really gotten bad know, it's really concerning my husband. All we can do is keep him in prayer and pray that he'll get the message before it's to late.

Marcie-How was yesterday? I'm so interested in your plan. It really seams strick but if you can stick with it, I know you'll see results very fast. You've got to feel lighter already? Anyway, do keep us posted.

Until later on, have a great morning!
Old 07-16-2003, 08:57 AM   #48

Diane-
Of course we missed you! I am still in school...just a couple weeks away from finishing up summer session. After this session I have 4 more classes until I am DONE! I am only taking one class per semester, so it is taking forever to do 10 classes. I just do not have the time for more than that.

Kimbo-
All is well with my plan. We grilled pork loin and veggies last night. It was oh so yummy! I am eating every 3-4 hours from the time I get up until I go to bed, so I usually do not get hungry. The hardest part is just staying away from temptations. Yesterday we had a big meeting with lots of bagels and pastries....then in the afternoon there was a HUGE cake by the coffee pot. I must have walked by that stupid thing a million times. I didnt even have a bite!

I just keep thinking about that $600 wedding dress that I can not fit into yet!!!

I am trying not to step on the scales until Saturday. We will see if I can make it until then. I really want to wait a full 7 days to see the results.

Have a great on plan day all!!
Old 07-16-2003, 09:59 AM   #49

Marcie,

I do understand! Do you feel lighter, the same or what? I know sometimes when you first start it's hard to tell but with that little bit of food, you should feel it right away.

That wedding dress is motivation enough. Everytime you think of eating off just think about it and it should keep you on course.

I'm going on a cruise in Nov for our anniversary and I'm feeling the stress already of getting at least 40lbs off by then. I'll be close to my goal at that time, so I do no how you feel.

Keep up the good work!
Old 07-16-2003, 11:06 AM   #50

I think my pants are fitting a little better....so I think I have lost some. I am hoping for a big loss on Saturday, so we will see. There is always that big water weight loss the first week! I know it isnt a real loss, but it makes you feel good all the same. : )
Old 07-16-2003, 03:44 PM   #51

Marcie:
I think you got us so curious about your plan, plus we know you definately will lose on it. Do you have to pay for it or is it covered by insurance? Even though its water its not water sitting on your body.
Kimbo I was not feeling up to exercise this morning so I decided to go on the computer, then I went and did some yoga and ab work anyway. I was asking about the milk because he mentioned having oatmeal and I could not see having it plain. So do you get your husband a cake for his birthday or do you make it do with out. My husband woke me up brite and early with a happy Birthday, I am like you could have let me sleep a little longer.
Diane
Old 07-16-2003, 04:25 PM   #52

Diane-
I have to buy all the food....from either www.medifast.net or another site that I forget the name of. My insurance covers my Dr. appts/blood work/etc.

A lot of people do the program without medical guidance, but I am not sure how safe that is. Medifast suggests going through a dr. or clinic. I guess it is no different than doing slimfast? But they only get 2 shakes and one meal. I get 4-5 and a meal! : )
Old 07-16-2003, 04:26 PM   #53

The other website is www.takeshapeforlife.com.

The supplements are actually made by a pharmaceutical company...which makes me feel good!
Old 07-16-2003, 08:07 PM   #54

Thanks Marcie:
I have head of medifast before, I think I have an advertisement on one of my exercise tapes.
Well I decided to have a treat for my birthday and I asked my husband to get me a napoleon and what does he do, he brings home cake and a napoleon, so guess who is feeling overstuffed tonight.
Diane
Old 07-16-2003, 08:09 PM   #55

Marcie:
By the way its good having you back.
Diane
Old 07-16-2003, 09:51 PM   #56

Hehehehe
Sounds like something my fiance would do!!! Glad you enjoyed it....but stay away from the leftovers! LOL

and thanks....it is great to be back!
Old 07-17-2003, 09:13 AM   #57

Good morning Ladies:
Marcie while your pants are getting looser mine feel pretty tight today. I saved a piece for my son and niece and they gave the rest to my mother-in-law.
Kimbo how are you doing today?
Diane
Old 07-17-2003, 09:21 AM   #58

Out of sight out of mind! Good for you Diane. : )

I just finished my apple cinnamon oatmeal...mmmm...yummy.

Not much to report this morning...all is well! Anyone have any big plans this weekend? any challenges? : )
Old 07-17-2003, 11:24 AM   #59

Marcie:
Nothing is up with much with me either, just trying to get over
my sugar hang over from yesterday.
Every day seems like a challenge for me lately.
Diane
Old 07-17-2003, 11:53 AM   #60

So....I am doing Medifast, Kimbo is doing Body for Life, and Diane...what are you doing again now?

Are there any LAWL folks here? LOL
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.