Old 11-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 189.6/164.9/145

Height: 5'5"

It is S.N.O.W.I.N.G here like crazy!!!! The ground is covered completely and the white fluffy stuff is falling at a crazy rate! It's just not stopping!!

I just looked into the weather forecast (I don't know how I didn't know this beforehand) but we're getting 15-30+ cm of snow today! Or by Sunday. OMG! There is a crazy band of arctic air blowing through and is picking up moisture from the Great Lakes and, voila.... lake effect snow! As the bands pass over, the snow fall is quite heavy and there is literally zero visibility! When the winds switch direction then there is a little bit of calm..... only until the winds switch again!
Okay... enough of the weather lesson... but this is crazy for a first snowfall!
Aaaggghhh!!!

@Nicole: Wow. Fantastic!!! 5lb loss in one week is definitely a cause for celebration!!!! Good for you.

I hope to be doing the 'happy carrot dance' soon! I've already decided that Monday is my day to get back into the groove! Hopefully nothing will come around and sabotage my efforts again... I don't foresee anything down the horizon so I should be okay to stay on track for a while.
Shy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #32  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Yeah. Weekends. My nemesis!

I want snow-we're going to the mountains for Thanksgiving-and there's no snow in the forecast. Bummer.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 189.6/164.9/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey Ladies......
I've been around but I've been busy!
We had a dumping of over 30cm of snow and some parts of the city got over 70cm of snow!!! We dug ourselves out and the roads were okay for the most part but it took longer than usual to get cleared up due to the massive amounts of snow that fell on some areas. Most of the roads and sidewalks were cleared by Tuesday but they still had more to do and finally got it done by Wednesday!
I noticed the clear roads in some areas and noticed the bad roads in others! OF course those roads are right in my backroads path to my daughter's school. I was literally driving through one foot of slushy soft dirty snow. yuck.
It was just taking longer to go and get her at the end of the day. I had to leave earlier and got back later. Somehow I'm trying to keep this house tidy and clutter free. lol... it's not working. There's just not enough time...

IF this wasn't enough, last night we were attacked again by lake effect snow! We got another 10cm overnight. Again, the west of the city got pounded all night and they have in access of 30cm!! They finally just got their roads clean yesterday...lol
We are due to have more snow this morning before it clears out.
So... this is what I've been up to. How about you guys?

Oh,,, btw, I didn't jump on the bandwagon on Monday as i had hoped! The cold, the snow.... i just wanted comforting foods. I didn't want to have a cup of black tea first thing in the morning!

I find it kind of amusing that I'm in a winter storm and you guys are celebrating Thanksgiving.... the harvest! Our harvest is long gone! lol

Best of wishes to you on Thanksgiving and I hope you have fun with your family. Also, i hope you guys achieved your goals for your turkey day challenge!!
Shy16 is offline   Reply With Quote