3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

October 2013 Friends and Losers

Old 10-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #16

S/C/G: 156.5/156.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hmm..... I have to update my ticker!
I have to figure it out... please be patient. It does, however, show that I am one pound from goal..... this was achieved and then some. It was way back in February after i came back from a vacation! I was only one pound away for weeks and weeks!

However, the end of summer finally took its toll on me. There were too many parties and gatherings where family and food mixed. There were so many gatherings that I didn't even consider what I was eating and how much. I was costantly away at a relative's house. I started to put on the weight slowly. I could feel it. My clothes were still fitting (as they were really loose to begin with) all summer long.
It's just until recently that i noticed that they are getting a little snug.
We just celebrated our Canadian thanksgiving and I was gone for the whole weekend enjoying even more foods.
Once again, I didn't care about the consequences. I knew that I was going to do something about it when I got back.

Update: I couldn't find the Knudsen's juice in three stores i visited while in the States. Are they not making it anymore?
I know that I can just start the program and do what I know how to do and WILL lose the weight. However, it would be nice to kick start this thing! I have way too much junk in me right now. lol

I have to find an alternate method of doing a take off. When I do, then I'm back in full force! I would like to find something by Sunday so that I can start the TO on Monday!

Any help would be appreciated.

Shy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

You know-I never really understood the juice thing to "detox" off carbs. It's JUICE! My advice would be to do 2 or 3 days of protein shakes (very low sugar ones-like atkins) or use protein powder and make your own with leafy green veggies and one or two servings of lean protein. So-2 or 3 shakes a day plus 2 lean protein plus unlimited green veggies. That will kick the cravings and get you ready to start the program.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #18
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

No worries, JM.....I'm not going anywhere. I have been having some technical difficulties...my laptop sceeen won't work and I don't really like to log onto fhe website from work. Wtg on the exercise. You know what I did on September 19th? I ran a 5K. I hurt my knee and it sucked a little....but I did it. I took my first walk/run tonight. It was no power work out, but I am trying to recover from this knee injury. Wtg on staying on track even afted the doughnut. FF was good for one day....but I didn't do it today. It kind of sucks. I wasn't hungry. ...but I waz bored with it. Also, I am so much mor e about healthy balance now that I said eff FF.

Welcome Shy. Just keep posting. We just vent and chat and say whatever comes to mind. You can also use oranges in place of the juice.

Official Ticker:

10/14/2013----game ON! 213
Weekly Losses with Official WI day on Mon:
Week 1 Oct 21: WI 210.4 Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Week 2 Oct 31: WI 209.4 Loss: 1.0 lbs.
Week 3 Nov 4: WI 208.8 Loss: 0.6 lbs. WW
Week 4 Nov 11: WI 208.2 Loss: 0.6 lbs.
Week 5 Nov 18: WI 203.2 Loss: 5 lbs
Week 6 Nov 25: WI
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #19
Post-Master

Hi Marz! Glad to see you and glad you are in!

P.S. This is sort of hard on my phone.

P.S. again. Kim..p.m. me your email address.

Official Ticker:

Old 10-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #20

HI girls,

Thanks for the feedback. I had also heard that oranges were used instead of the juice back in the 'old' days. lol. I might just try that method as I'm used to the juice for FF and I know what to eat with it to achieve that maximum benefits!

I wonder if you know how many oranges to have? Is is 4 oranges a day... to replace the four glasses of TO juice? It sounds right to me. I think that's what I will do unless any of you know differently!

I have decided that Monday is going to be my first day of TO. I'm invited out for dinner on Sunday.... I'm actually going to have turkey... yay... I missed it last weekend as I went to the states for our Thanksgiving
So... Monday is D-day!
I'll have to honestly look at the weight I've gained and deal with it. It is somewhere in the ten pound range.... however, I think that it might be more now
I'll fix my ticker when I officially start on Monday that way I'll be up to date!

You ladies are doing fantastic! Wow. Losing all that weight AND exercising that much! You are truly an inspiration.

I lack in the exercising department.... I tend to lose my weight purely on what I eat. Also, I want to lose the weight and get back to where I want to be before I introduce exercise!

Old 10-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
Post-Master

Shy....here's the secret about exercise. It fixes your fat girl brain. It truly fights depression which is often associated with being over weight. Just do it. Take a walk today.....15 mins. You can do it. Yes, it is 4 oranges.

I am down 3 lbs since Monday. Wooohoooo. And that is without FF.

Official Ticker:

Old 10-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #22
Let's try this again . .

WTG Nicole!

Yesterday was a typical crazy Thursday for me-I have choir rehearsal in the evening and rush around trying to leave on time. Makes exercise difficult. And I can't do it in the mornings. It just won't happen!

I already did a quick short 15 min walk today-should be able to get a longer one in too. It's a sleepover night so not sure what the girls will put me through tonight . .

Shy-i agree that getting in a little exercise now would be helpful. Really does help mood and the motivation to stay on track food-wise . . .
Old 10-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #23

It's cold. It's raining. It's gloomy...
I went to a garden center this morning with my DH and, while we were there, it started to rain on us. This centre is in a nearby town and we really didn't want to go back another day so we just tolerated it.

I'm so cold to the core! I'm having a cup of tea to warm up and thought I would say 'hi' to you guys.

I have to go shopping today. There is absolutely NO groceries in the house! I didn't get around to shopping after our long trip to the states. Yikes. I need to get all the things required for a successful TO on Monday and Tuesday! I'm so determined and focused to get back on track. I worked so hard to lose it and I don't want to want to wake up one day, again, and be right back to where I was. I need to nip this in the bud!

I'll take your advice about the exercise... but maybe after i start seeing some results on the scale!
Actually, I'll be gardening like crazy to try to get the plants in the ground. Unfortunately, it's going to rain all day and most of next week! I'll have to try and find an opening and just get those plants in. There is going to be a lot of digging and lifting etc. and that will be my exercise to get my body going in the right direction.lol

I'm off tomorrow as I'll be heading out of town....
Chat with you all on Monday..... D-day!

Old 10-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #24

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Wow, what timing! I just thought I'd see if anyone was still around and it seems we're all on the same wavelength. I'm in too!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #25
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Shy find the music that will keep you going and distracted. I have a few albums that are workout only. It works. And if all else fails go Richard Simmons.

Had a shower today and a work related dinner tomorrow night. Rest of the week is going to be starchless before a Friday night wedding. So ready for the Xmas season and my 60 hour work weeks. I'm much better at staying on plan when I bring a cooler to work.

A general FYI the Hollywood Juice Diet is pretty much identical to the old Takeoff juice. It's expensive but still cheaper than a bottle of takeoff.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #26
Let's try this again . .

Since tap dancing is now my favorite form of exercise-I decided to figure out how to do it more than just once a week at dance class. So today-I cleaned out the garage and made myself a little studio. I have some mirrored closet doors stored on one wall-so I'm able to watch myself. The drawbacks are that I share the garage with three litter boxes (so I guess I'll stay on top of cleaning them!) and the floor is concrete which after 30 minutes of working on a "stomp" time step-my knees are killing me! Oh well . . .
Old 10-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #27
Post-Master

CASSI!!! So great you popped in.

I guess October is my re eval month, cuz I often come back to LAWL in October. I think I kind of feel like summer is over and now I have plenty of time to get my act together before next summer . Idk, but I am really excited there is some activity on this forum. I am feeling very positive, even though I kind of took the day off yesterday......and not in that good take off way.

JM...what a brilliant idea....your own space to do something you love that is also healthy. I love it.

Shy....gardening is great, and it is a good way to get yourself moving while being productive. Staying active is the key to happiness, I swear. PIck yourself a date.......and on that day, work out to the point of a good sweat. I swear it clears out all of the bad thoughts in my brain if I work up a good sweat. I started back exercising last October. I lost both of my parents in 2012, my dad in April and my mom in June. I thought I would never stop sinking into the pit of despair. I tried drugs (the legal kind prescribed to me), I tried being around people I love...I tried everything I could think of. I was just a shell of a human. OUt of pure desperation, I tried exercising at our Local YMCA....and it surely didn't cure all of my ills.....it didn't make me skinny....but it did fix my brain. I am still sad every day at times...but I am becoming more whole by the day. Sweat girl....sweat.

I gained 0.4 lbs this weekend.......but I deserve that. I am not feeling down about it or worried....cuz I am going to do some serious damage this week. I started this last week at 213 and I am 210.4 today, and I am feeling very proud.

So what are everyone's battle plans this week?
Nicole

Official Ticker:

Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #28

Okay... D-Day is here and reality has set in.
It's time to get motivated and set fire to my metabolism again! I'm pumped and excited to get this unwanted weight off of me. I let it slide too much.
Actually, I didn't really get a chance to even try the Stabilization phase because my summer started with two family trips to the states right away. Then it was followed by a summer of constant guests and also going away. I kept my weight in check for most of the summer but, towards the end, I just went 'carefree'. There was too much going on to even try to be on track...

I should also add that I reached my goal just as my centre closed down back in the day and never learned how to stabilize, let alone maintain! So.... I've done it twice now and this time I'm going to learn how to stabilize and maintain. Let's hope nothing else gets in my way of learning how to do it!

So, anyways.... today is day one of my TO and I've had two cups of black coffee and one orange so far! I'll be having my breakfast soon. I'll probably have two eggs and some green peppers.
So far so good.

I'm so glad to see that there is such a supportive group that is forming here. After all, we all know what it's like to follow LAWL and we can all offer advice based upon our own experiences. Love it!!!

I hope everyone is doing great and that you are staying focused on your goals.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #29
Katie

Height: 5'1

OMG, Cassie, Nicole, JM, Kim, Kristen, new friends! We can so totally do this together! My plan arrived in the mail over the weekend. I am going to buy groceries today and get going. Yet again, activities this weekend kick my butt and really showed how out of shape and overweight I am.

It is an honor to share this journey with you all, I can't wait to see what we do together!

PS- Nicole, no worries sis, this a new week, and you are she-woman!

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #30
New mommy again :-)

Wow! I guess we are all on the same wavelength I thought I would check in and see if this board was still active and I see a lot of familiar faces/names. I'll take that as a sign that I need to get back on track.

emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.