3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss # 70

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 08:32 PM   #16

Angry My weight loss...:)

I didn't get to post yesterday.

I went and weighed and my total loss is 5lbs.
I went on the actual plan on June 8. I go in tomorrow again.

I feel good about the loss. They changed my plan from Gold to Red. They didn't know I do a lot of cardio so they figured out I needed to eat more. I'm glad because I was so hungry.

I also got the shakes and I love them too. I'm eating the Chocolate mint lites also. Remind me of Girl Scout Thin Mints...lol.

Kim, you've done great! That is real motivating for me.
I get encouraged when I read that there are others that have been through what I've been through too.

Diane, you can do it. You have the desire and that's the first big step. It was for me anyway.

Tab, I love reading your amazing posts. You really should be a Public speaker for weight loss. You have done so well. It's truly a great story. Thank you.

I'm looking forward to going in to weigh now. If I don't move, I'm not going to panic.

Take care everyone.

skychick
Old 06-19-2003, 08:33 AM   #17

Good morning ladies,

I decided to cut the workout short and come into the office. My knee has not been feeling the best but I've managed to get through 45 minutes of workout this morning. Anyway, one guy at the gym told me about something he's used that has really helped him (over the counter stuff), so I'm going to try that for a few days and then off to the doctors office next week.

skychick- on the weight loss! It always encourages us to do more or better when we lose. Keep it up and you'll reach your goal.

Well ladies, it's been raining in the DC area almost all week/month and I'm feeling blue. I think I need some sunshine but I'll try not to complain, God knows what he is doing so we thank Him for the rain and ask for a little sunshine in the process.

Until later, have a great morning!
Old 06-19-2003, 12:58 PM   #18

skychick congrats and thanks.
Kimbo I hear with the rain I would not mind some of that sunshine either. I have big time cabin fever.
I am having a good day so far and sticking to plan, i am trying to stay away from the frozen foods I find that do not satify me long enough, I am looking for something else an hour later.
Diane
Old 06-19-2003, 09:39 PM   #19

I know they have different plans but could y'all give me a sample of what you eat daily. I'm still debating about joining. Any helpful info. would be great. Everyone is very inspirational with their weightloss. Thanks for the help and keep up the good work!
Old 06-20-2003, 09:06 AM   #20

jacksonmom
depending on what plan you have there is usually 3-4 ser veggies, 3 fruits, skim milk 2 protein bars and 2- 2.5 ser of protein.2-3 starches. There is a detailed food list that you will recieve.
They give you the food lists after the 3-day start. Good luck
Kimbo I went to the center yesterday and they are actually going to let me do the red plan for the week and see how I do, I am kind of excited.
Diane
Old 06-20-2003, 10:46 AM   #21

Good morning to all!!!

Skychick-how was the weigh in? Looking to read your good news.

Diane-That sounds great! Yesterday evening and this morning has not been good for me eating wise. I have truely overeaten and I'm feeling miserable! I would like to go home and lay down but it's not possible right now. Hopefully, I'll feel better later on. Inspite of, I had such a great workout this morning and I've blown it already for not eating right. Well, this afternoon is a different story, I'll try to eat right the rest of the day.

Anyway, I have a lot of work to do and if I can leave early today, I will.

I'll check back a little later!
Old 06-20-2003, 01:00 PM   #22

Hey Kimbo:
I've always made that mistake just because I messed up once does not mean I have to mess up the whole day.
So how is the knee did you go to the doctor?
Is it still raining there? I want to wash my car but every time the weekend comes it rains.
Diane
Old 06-20-2003, 02:01 PM   #23

Hey Diane,

Can you believe I'm still feeling miserable! I've been hurting all day long. I've tried to go back and see just what did I eat, I believe it was the combination of food not so much what I ate but I haven't been able to eat or even do any work today. I'm just here. I'm going to try and leave soon.

It's raining cats & dogs here. It was pitch dark about 2 hrs ago. You would think it's night time and the rain was extremely heavy. Anyway, I have so much to do at work, home & church tonight but I don't know how I'm going to do anything but go home and go to bed.

I will not overeat like this again anytime soon, I'm really paying for it and it really wasn't worth it!!!!

You have a great weekend Diane and I'll write on Monday!!

Looks like it you & I on the boards lately.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:17 PM   #24

Hi Kimbo:
How was your weekend? The weather here was absolutely terrrible. But I did really well following plan this weekend first time in months that I feel good about a weekend. SO far the red plan is really working for me. I even was at a birthday party on Sunday, I just stuck with it brought my snacks with me and I did really well. No problem with the chip bowl I just avoided it totally.
Diane
Old 06-23-2003, 08:36 AM   #25

Good morning to all!

Diane-I'm glad you had a great OP weekend. Weekends are so hard for me but this weekend was an exception. After leaving work around 2:30PM, I was sick the rest of the evening and all day Saturday. I couldn't do anything but stay in the bed or lay on the couch. My DH was out of town so at least I was able to rest on Saturday, Sunday and this morning has been 2 different stories.

On Sunday, I took the car in for service and waited at my sister's house until he picked me up. That was around 8:30PM, then I needed to go home and get things straight for today. DH & I rode togther this morning. I am so tired now, I was up at 3:30AM. I called the PT and asked could we schedule another day and he said no, he'll be there at 5AM, so I worked out with the PT and then 35 minutes on my own. The sleep is coming down on me fast!

Anyway, the PT had good & bad news. He's considering going on a tour which includes training, working w/bodybuilders and travelling for the next couple of months. He will know difinately by Wed., if he goes then my sessions will end after this week and I'll have to pick another trainer. I don't know how I'm going to handle this, I'm thinking of telling them to reimburse my money for the 5 sessions and just wait until he gets back (mid Sept). I've seen most of the trainers and I'm not real happy with there work so I'm going to weigh my options.

It's so funny, because my PT was really starting to increase his number of clients and then this came up. But he must go where the opportunities lead him. He said this will give him a lot of exposure, and I'm sure it will.

Anyway, I'm happy for him and sad for me, but I know he'll do good. He's young and has a lot of time in front of him.

So that I don't fall to sleep typing, I guess I better stop now..

Check back later!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:25 PM   #26

Hello Ladies....Can you say the word HECTIC...oh my goodness....I am beginning to think this promotion was not worth it. I barely have time to eat...but that is because I always go to gym at lunch time....that is my down time...I love to get away.

Sorry for not posting but I am trying to keep up on reading the posts. And I will try and go back and respond to everyone...I will try I can't make promises.

First of all let me say that this Saturday I went on maintanence. I have 52 weeks....and the only bad part about maintanence...is that I only get one bar....I love my bars...and now they are taking one away....yikes...they told me I will not miss it....well they obvisouly have not been listening to me becasue I love my sweets. Also, I only have to weigh in one time a week...That is going to be scary...I am used to monitoring my weight...if I am up on Wednesday then I know I need to reduce by Saturday. Soooo I will let you know how I do.

Forgive me but someone asked if I was at my goal.....well actually I am 12lbs below my goal weight that I set with LAWL when I started....I didn't realize that I could get to this weight....I have been fluctuating every since I started stabilization and maintenance...actually I just lost and then I regained...but I think the regain is TOM...

I want to say Way To Go to those of you who are losing and looking at this whole diet thing in a new light...that means you have taken the step and you want the weightloss....Way to Go

Well gotta go...chat more later
Old 06-23-2003, 04:56 PM   #27

Hi Tab:
Good luck with the maintence. Post when you can, me and Kimbo are keeping it going.
Kimbo how was your day, did you fall asleep at work?
Diane
Old 06-24-2003, 08:29 AM   #28

Hello Ladies....

I decided that the first thing I was gonna do this morning was post before I start my day and it gets sooo hectic.

Kim....Keep up the good work with the PT. Just be soooo careful with that knee of yours. I hope your PT does not leave...but how long have you been working with this one....a change might not be soooo bad....you know they say your body gets used to things...so maybe if you shake things up with a new PT you will see new and different results....trying to keep a positive attitude. I know what it is like to lose the PT that you are used to. Same thing happen to me. Mine just went to a different gym....I still occasionally go and visit but I wish he was back at my gym. Just try and think of all the positive things...it will be hard...Lately, I have been trying to lift some weights. Not real heavy just trying to tone up a little. I have lost the weight now I think I need to tone my upper body. My legs get enough from all the cardio I do. I have been running alot lately. I actually seem to enjoy it. This past weekend I think I ran a total of 18 miles....not too bad...I run about 6 miles a day...and I even try to run outside...boy that is different from a treadmill...and of course everyday I do that good ole stepmill for about 30min...boy that really firms up the buttocks....*smile*

Yes...I enjoy my desserts a little too much...I need to learn control. This weekend will be hard for me....my friend is turning 30 and I am throwing her a hawaiian luau this sunday...and there will be lots of good food there...and cake, cupcakes and cookies...actually last week I was craving the peanut butter again...it seems that I crave sweets and nuts...any kind...must be becasue I have basically given up...pasta, rice, and potatoes. The only starches i consume are rice cakes, melba toast, and lite bread...I am allowed 4 startches a day...but I bet I only get in 2 or 3 a day....i just don't want them...and believe me I never thought that I would say that.

Oh my goodness the night cravings....they are horrible for me....I bought a bag of jolly ranchers and I suck on them...but what I really want is peanut butter....I try and count the days that I can go without it and I never make it past two....Why are nights soooo hard??

Diane.....Wow...you did great going to a b-day party and bringing your snacks....that is awesome...I need to get that control back again...when I know I have a party to go to I get excited because I wonder what type of sweets they will have. I can pass on the food and stuff...and I can eat sweets all day...I know I have a major problem..I just need control....so far this week I have been good...I am like you .... just because I have one bad day...I get right back on plan the next. I am on the red plan too and I love it. There really is no difference when you hit maintenance...if you are following the red plan you get one more startch and one extra fruit a day ohh yeah and more veggies (but I have always ate more veggies)....you just get different choices. But I hope I can overcome this sweet thing....I am trying sooo hard. Well keep up the good work...I will keep posting and you and kim keep posting I love to come and read and throw my two cents in...*smile*...

Skychick....5lbs...that is great....you are on the right track. Keep up the good work. Waiting to hear more....keep us posted....want to hear the good results....*smile*

Well I need to start my day of work....ick....wish I could win the lottery and stay home all day and so I can shop and workout...boy that is the life for me...this working everyday is for the birds...ohhhh I went to retirement training last week and I learned that I need to work many many more years before I can think about retirement...or I will be poor or have to work after I retire.....not a pleasant thing to think about...Ohhh the number one thing they tell you to do after you retire is to start an exercise routine....you need a healthy body if you want to enjoy your retirement....I have the healthy body...why can't I retire now....*smile*

Enjoy your day....will check inlater.....
Old 06-24-2003, 09:27 AM   #29

Good morning ladies!

Tab-It's great to here from you, Diane & I thought everyone had left us. We were caring on a 2 lady conversation everyday, just waiting on someone to jump in. Anyway, it's nice to see that you're still with us, we miss your daily post. Well, tomorrow is PT day and I'm looking forward to it and then I'm not. This is such an opportunity for him but not for me. You're right Tab, a change may be needed but he changes the routine everytime we meet. He writes down everything we do so there is difinately variety. I was asking another girl this morning about the PT she works out with, he seams to be really good but I think he keeps a lot of his clients by glazing in there eyes all the time. I'm just not with that, I'm friendly, but I'm happly married also. He cracks me up when he's working out with the ladies, but he appears to be really good, he was my next choice if the one I choose wasn't available. Anyway, I really think he's gay but it's all about the PT's down there, well we'll see.

Diane-I did almost fall asleep at my desk, I got up and walked around and even sit outside for about 45 minutes trying to wake up. My supervisor wanted me to stay late and work with her but I said no way can I do this today. I feel so much better today. I actually went to bed at 7 last night and other than getting up to use the bathroom (to much water), I stayed in that bed. I cooked dinner for me & DH and up those stairs I went. It was good because there wasno night time snacking or anything for me. Not because I didn't wake up and think about it. I only had veggies for dinner last night (broc&califlower) and I was just tired.

Until later ladies, have a great day!
Old 06-24-2003, 10:18 AM   #30

Good morning Ladies:
I have another day off, I slept in a little this morning.
I finally got to wash my car yesterday, but feeling tired today. Its too hot to fast.
I think I need to stop weighing myself so much, yesterday I was down today I am up so I am going try just weighing in a the center.
Tab maybe if you have the peanut butter instead of not trying to have it for days maybe you won't go overboard when you have it. I hope that made sence.
Kimbo I am glad you are feeling better, Are you enjoying the weather.
Diane
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.