La Weightloss# 68

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Hello Ladies...

Just a quick post to say keep up the good work...everyone seems to be losing and doing great...me on the other hand...the damn old TOM. So when I weighed in on Wednesday I was up 3.2lbs....my usual...plus I did make some bad choices..but I am trying to get better...

I will not be back until June 2nd....everyone keep up the good work and keep the thread moving...I am gonna need it when I get back

Happy Memorial Day!!!
  • Hi All:
    How was everyones weekend? I did pretty well I did not gain anything but then I did not lose either.
    Diane
  • Hi,

Diane- I'm glad your back on track and doing well.

I lost 2.5# last week. I'm OP and plan on keeping it that way.
    How's everyone else doing?

Kathy
  • Good afternoon ladies!!!
    It's good to be back in town! I had a wonderful time away from home and the hubby (I love him dearly but sometimes I need a break).

Anyway, all has been well since the last time I wrote. I've been OP for the most part, but I've had a slip here and there but nothing that I couldn't work off in the gym. Even though I was out of town I was determine to stick with my routine so I found a gym near my uncle's house and paid for 2 days. Going to the gym really helps me to stay focus, it's real hard for me to put time into something and not be able to see good results. I haven't lost a lot more weight, only 4lbs, but training with the PT has changed the form of my body, it's incredible! I'm really enjoying the workouts but he is killing me in a good way. At least I'm not hurting as bad anymore.

It's good to see everyone doing well, while I was in Ohio I did a little shoping and it felt so good to drop down 4 sizes. I was to proud of myself. Anyway, I've asked a friend if she's giving away clothes, I just can't afford to out and buy a new clothes after every 25-30lbs, we'll go broke and I have to many other responsibilities.

Work has been hard. I didn't write yesterday because the moment I walked in the door there were meetings and deadlines, so by the time I left (after 6PM), I had a headache that was so bad I could barely see to get home. I had a salad for dinner and took a couple of pills and went to bed.

Today, I'm determine to have a good workday and that's what I'm doing, it's still extremely busy but I'm not going to let it get me down.

I hope all is well and I did think about you ladies while I was gone. Until later--Have a great day!!!!

• Good morning everyone!!
    Where is everybody????

I was last to post yesterday and the first this morning. I decided to drop some things off into the office before going to the gym this morning. This is my PT day and I'm not feeling it but that doesn't matter, I don't think I ever have, I just do it anyway.

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday and I'll write when I get back into the office.
  • Hi Kimbo:
    Its been very quite this week.
    Nothing is wrong with 4 pounds, I think its pretty good.
    I have been up and down following plan some days are good and others are a problem. But I feel more focused so I guess that good.
    Gina you have been very quite. How are you doing?
    Diane
  • Hey Diane,

Good to see someone posting today!! Returning from vacation always makes the few days you do come into work really long.

On Wednesday morning the trainer did some type of fitness tests and of course I failed. My fitness level was POOR but I did expect that. My girlfriend who is 5'10, 160lbs of muscles test came in at POOR so I know I had no other choice, but I'm OK with it. He also gave me a menu and how to follow a meal plan and a grocery list for 7 days (I guess this is a part of the package (24 sessions)), I also got pocket size food guides and a CD to make changes in my program. It was a nice little package but of course there is a lot of work involved but that seams to be the norm as far as I can tell.

I had a really good work out this morning with the PT. My biggest problem is not eating enough food during the day to keep my body burning fat. I need to eat every 2 hrs but it's so hard here because I'm so busy I don't have time, I've done a lot better today so we'll see how it goes. My DH told me on Tues. that he could really see the weight lost in my neck & face area. It was a good compliment but of course I want him to see it in the butt, hips & stomach area.

Diane-I feel the same way, about being more focused on my goals. I haven't felt this way in a while. Even when I mess up I don't let it get me down anymore. I'm realizing that it's a lifestyle that I'm trying to develop and not a diet plan. So girl, we're on the right track. to us!!

Gina-how are things going for you?

Kitkat-You seam to doing well and staying focus. That's a good thing.

Until later, have a great and healthy day!!
  • Ladies,
    Where are you!!!!

Tab will be back and we haven't really posted to keep her and ourselves motivated. I miss reading everyone's writing. I guess with summer and all kicking in it's sometimes hard to write. Anyway, it's going to be a beautiful day today, some what windy but we'll take the sunshine anyday.

Friday was a rough day with the trainer and today was even harder. He was really making me push myself today but I just couldn't do everything he wanted. My knee was hurting from a fall I had about a week ago. He said as long as it wasn't a sharp pain I was OK, I just needed to apply some ice for about 15 minutes so the swelling would go down. But of course I can't do that until tonight.

Anyway, I hope all had a great & health weekend and I hope to write again later.
  • Hi Kimbo:
    Are you feeling desserted? I had a pretty good weekend for a change. I think you inspired me to change my eating. I was so hooked on keeping my starches down that I was driving myself nuts and then binging because I could not do it.
    It must be a time for minor injuries, yesterday doing a step tape I must have did something wrong my hip It was really bothering me today but I worked out anyway and I feel better tonight. Lets see how tomarrow goes.
    It was really nice starting a week without gaining on the weekend.
    Diane
  • Hello Ladies....I am back..*smile* Glad to see there were a few post. Where is everyone????

Boy was this a hard off-site not only my eating but the work..We worked from 9am till about 9pm at night. The food as usual was awesome we have our own personnel chef each time we visit this site and he is just amamzing I made good food choices but I totally blew it with the desserts. You know me I love those sweets. One night I had fresh homemade strawberry shortcake with fresh homemade whipped cream...mmmm mmm good. Then one night we had a bon fire and we made smores...and boy was that tasty and then the other night we had and ice cream sundae bar with all the toppings.

We had a good group of people with us and they were all very active...we all walked before and after dinner and then I got up early one morning and went for a run. It was a beautiful run we were in the Shenadoah mountains and I saw all types of wildlife at 6:30am in the morning. The good thing is I weighed on Tuesday before I left and then again on Saturday when I got home and to be honest I lost 1.2lbs how that happened I will never know....but I am not complaining. I am supposed to be maintaining and so far so good. I am ranging between 132 and 135 which I am very happy with.

But my eating habits were horrible this weekend...I had a baby shower to attend on Saturday and a 3 yr old b-day party on Sunday at Chuckie Cheese...and all I ate was cake, cake and more cake I even passed on the pizza so I could have another piece of cake. I need something to control these sweet cravings. I will pass on the food and go straight to the sweets.

I don't know if I mentioned but I am on my 4th week of stabilization and so far I have got to add different food choices and I got to add an extra piece of fruit and an extra startch. I am so excited I can have a real sandwich now with 2 pieces of bread. This past saturday I was given the 4th week phase and it was just adding different protein choices....like bacon and sasuage...I don't really care for pork so not really a big change in the 4th week. This Saturday I will get the 5th week phase and I will let you know what that consists of.

Kim....Sounds like you are doing great. 4 sizes...You Go Girl...you must have been feeling great trying on clothes. I have a question did you still take the bigger sizes in the dressing room? I know I wear a size 6 but I still take larger sizes in the dressing room just in case. I will always start with the 10s and work my way to the 6. Don't know why....but I just do it. I was wondering if you did the same thing. I know what you mean about buying clothes....I have spent sooo much money in the last month...I have been replacing the basics in my closet. The navy, black, and tan skirts and a few shirts...I find myself slurging on stuff to wear on the weekend...I have been hitting the juniors section of Kohls and I am in my 30's it just feels good to be able to fit in a junios size 7. I was thinking about having some of my clothes taken in but I am afraid....I am afraid that I might put some weight back on and then what am I too do. My clothes will be too small. So I have been trying to buy something new with each pay check....so I have been living on the edge. Hope your knee is doing OK. What does he mean if it is a sharp pain then you are OK? I have where my one knee will ache from time to time or if I turn just turn the wrong way it will be sore. I just think about my poors knees and all that I have put them through. Please be careful you would hate to have an injury that would keep you from working out. That is my worst fear.

Diane....I have the same thing about startches. I think that is why I crave the sweets and then I binge. I just need to find a good balance. Nothing wrong with staying the same. No gain is a good gain...*smile*

Kitkat......2.5lbs in a week that is awesome. Glad to hear that you are staying OP. It is sooo hard specially with the summer coming. Keep up the good work and you will see the results you want.

OK...now that I have wrote a book...but I wanted to write because I need to catch up on some things at work and then there is a job that I would love to apply for and I need to work on the good ole resume....haven't done one of those in a couple of years. The job is in my office so I am definately gonna apply for it. I basically do it now....keep your fingers crossed. Gotta get stuff done and turned into personneld by Thursday. Like the way they post the job when I am away on travel...*smile*

Everyone have a great day...will check back in later!
  • Good morning to all!

Hey Diane, good to see someone around. I've had a good week also but it seams like it takes forever to get this weight off. I see my progress but I'm still not happy. I've always wondered why, we as women are never happy with our self image, it seams to start as a child.

Hopefully, Tab is back, there's not a lot to read but we've tried.

I'm going back to LAWL this weekend, it will be my first time back since April. I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks so I'll be just as surprised as they are. I'm still not going to follow there plan to the letter but I have incorporated it into my diet plan now and it's working just fine for me. I'm not sure how much weight I've lost but I've difinately lost inches, my clothes are hanging off of me and I'm now wearing my blouses on the inside of my pants and skirts, something I've never done but it's a good feeling. Even though I really don't like my clothes hanging off of me, I feel like a bum most days.

Today, I'm leaving work early to ride to New Jersey to pick-up our car. My DH got stranded on Memorial day and the car was towed to the nearest dealer which happened to be in NJ. I'm not looking forward to that ride but the car has been there for almost 2 weeks now and it's costing us a small fortune, which I'm not happy about since it could have been avoided if my DH would have taken notice to the warning signs instead of thinking it would just go away (is that a typical man or is it just my husband?) Anyway......

Kitkat & Gina - how are you ladies? I haven't read anything from you in a while. I hope all is well.

Until later, have a great day!
  • Hi Kimbo and Tab:
    Tab I am glad you are back. I have not binged for a while so I guess I am doing something right.
    Kimbo how many weeks do you have left at LAWL? I have 9 weeks I think I just going to finish them up and not get anymore.
    I am still going to work towards my goal just not so much trying to stick to LAWL. How is your knee today?
    Diane
  • Oh, you all show such progress! Is there room for me, too?

I have all my items and am starting this thing tomorrow. I have a lot to lose and would like to be a part of the "team," if you're taking new members...
  • Welcome aboard Waterbaby!

Newcomers are always welcomed. We're all in this fight together and words of encouragement has helped us all on one day or another, so just join in and let us know your ups & downs. But most inportant, stay connected to the boards, they have really helped me.

Tab-We were writing at the same time on yesterday. It was good to read a post from you. We did miss you! The PT said as long as I didn't have a sharp pain then I just needed to apply ice because of fluid build-up, excuse me, my error. Tab, if I was you I would get rid of all that stuff, keep only a few pieces as a reminder of where you come from but send the rest to good will or give it away. Only the pieces I really like am I going to keep and have them taken in but the rest I'm giving away. I've always liked to dress nice no matter what my size, so inspite of some them being 3X or 22's they are to nice and to expensive to give away. But I'll wait until I'm at least a 14 before considering doing that. Tab, maybe when I reach my goal weight/size I'll start getting a bigger size until I can move down to a smaller one but for now, I'm trying to squeeze these big old thighs in the smallest size I can get and then some.

Diane-I put my membership on hold twice since I've been there so I believe I have about 7 months left not including stabilization & maintenance. Since I've been doing so well on the eating plan and exercise, I believe I'll show a lost every week so weighing every Saturday morning will be my time. One thing about morning weekend weigh-in's, they keep me focused for the rest of the weekend. I do very well during the weekdays, it's the weekends that hurt the most. The knee is doing good, thanks for asking. I iced it down the other night and that really helped.

Well ladies, today is PT day, so I'm going in early to do my own cardio. I've had a slice of toast and a small banana because Monday, I could barely get through the workout and he told me I need to eat something because it's not going to get easier but more challenging.

I'll write when I get back into the office.
  • Hi All:
    Welcome Waterbaby we have a great group here.
    Kimbo glad you are doing well, enjoy the workout, I am taking the day off I have not done that for a while.
    Diane