3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/274062-weight-loss-challenge.html)

barri1970 01-23-2013 10:44 AM

Weight Loss Challenge

Lets see how much we can lose by Memorial Day!!!

I started the old Blue plan today...the one with the restricteds...

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

I want to lose 25lbs my memorial day! (hope to lose it WAY sooner but that is my goal!)

Here's to being 135lbs!

Whos in?

:carrot:

TracyC 01-23-2013 10:51 AM

I'm in. Maybe this will keep a fire lit up under me!

barri1970 01-23-2013 03:06 PM

COME ON GUYS...WE NEED SOME MORE PEOPLE TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE!!!

We need to stick together to make this happen!

Dee2 01-23-2013 09:14 PM

Count me in! I'm totally new to LAWL though so please be patient with my numerous newbie questions ;). When are you all starting? I have a dinner on Saturday at red lobster. What do I do?

TracyC 01-23-2013 11:43 PM

Dee, did your kit from Costco have a restaurant guide in it somewhere? The colored plans did back in the olden days.

(running back in with Purple book)

It looks like the Purple plan, which has fish as an 8 oz serving, considers any Red Lobster broiled fish to be a protein serving. Ditto for a broiled lobster tail. A shirimp cocktail with 6 shrimp is a half a protein serving, and a garden salad is two vegetable servings. I would think you could ask for some sort of light dressing---it has been a while since I've been to Red Lobster, so I can't remember if they have some light offerings.

This is a 2005 plan, so Red Lobster might have some more exciting choices. You might see if they have an online menu with calorie and fat counts that you consider to be sensible.

Dee2 01-24-2013 12:06 AM

Yes it does!! This is going to work! I'm just trying to plan my take off meals for tomorrow. It's been very cold here and had some family upheaval that has thrown me for a loop. I'm caught off guard and not prepared for my diet. I'm scrambling to get the appropriate things together for tomorrow.

chubbiegurl 01-24-2013 12:37 AM

My challenge for memorial day is to have definitely reached goal and have maintained. Sw 128
Gw 125 or maybe a few lbs more?

TracyC 01-24-2013 01:23 AM

I can't call you Chubbiegurl--look at those stats!

Dee, I will be interested in hearing how in-depth the plan is that came with the Costco kit. I am wondering if it lists all foods and portion sizes, like the plans from the centers used to. If so, it might be worth the extra 50 bucks to have the latest, greatest plan.

barri1970 01-24-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyC (Post 4604634)
I can't call you Chubbiegurl--look at those stats!

Dee, I will be interested in hearing how in-depth the plan is that came with the Costco kit. I am wondering if it lists all foods and portion sizes, like the plans from the centers used to. If so, it might be worth the extra 50 bucks to have the latest, greatest plan.

I dont think the latest plan is the greatest plan by far! There are too many starches...I like the old colored plans better. I think they work much better.

The new plan is 4oz of protein 3X's a day, 2 starches (one starch is approx 100 calories or 2 pieces of bread), 8oz dairy, 2 veggies and 2 fruits...2 LA Lites of course.

It is more liveable because you can eat an actual sandwich but it is not as much protein at one sitting. The colored plans were approx 6 oz protein at lunch and dinner.

I always did the Gold plan...so that is what I am comparing it to.

Plan 2 is like the gold plan, plan 1 is like the green plan.

TracyC 01-24-2013 01:32 PM

I do agree that especially when you're over 40, you can't lose as easily if you eat too much starch. I think that's why WW worked so well until I turned 40. After that, if I wanted to lose, it had to be more protein and less starch.

Weight loss after 50 seems to be more in fits and starts, rather than a steady descent. That's why I'm going to weigh every week or two, instead of more often. Silly things like being "regular" make such a difference to what the scale says.

Dee2 01-24-2013 08:43 PM

I am on plan 2. It does list all the food and portions etc. it explains the take off plan and the rapid results plan. It doesn't have any info on maintenance though. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that. (LOL. Don't get me wrong....I'm a long ways away from that.....but curious why its not outlined)

Dee2 01-24-2013 09:28 PM

@Barri; the plan I got with my costco order has 2 slices of bread as a starch but it says "light" bread and says 40-50 cals a slice.

Dee2 01-24-2013 09:38 PM

ladies, here is my plan: 3 protein (4 oz) 2 veg 2 fruit 2 starch 1 dairy 1 fat 3 extras and the 2 bars So it looks like the gold plan, I think?

TracyC 01-24-2013 11:19 PM

Dee, the bootleg colored plans that you can get on ebay have the maintenance program in them. I never got that far---I was about five pounds away when the centers closed down.

I actually just found a copy of the new program on ebay, so I bought it and will compare the two.

Dee2 01-24-2013 11:38 PM

Ok cool. What about the stabilization plan? Is that included? I'm a little concerned about that.

TracyC 01-24-2013 11:53 PM

Yeah, they have all of that stuff. It basically involves adding a serving of this or that a week until you are maintaining but not losing anymore or gaining. Then I think maintenance is just staying at that point.

I don't think it will be a problem for me. I could probably add a lettuce leaf and gain weight! O.K., I know it's not that bad to be in your 50s, but weight loss is not as easy as you get older.

barri1970 01-25-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee2 (Post 4605982)
@Barri; the plan I got with my costco order has 2 slices of bread as a starch but it says "light" bread and says 40-50 cals a slice.

That is the new numbered plans. The old colored plans only 1 slice of bread is a starch

barri1970 01-25-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee2 (Post 4605996)
ladies, here is my plan: 3 protein (4 oz) 2 veg 2 fruit 2 starch 1 dairy 1 fat 3 extras and the 2 bars So it looks like the gold plan, I think?

Its comperable to the gold plan in calories...the food is broken up differently for the gold plan.

barri1970 01-25-2013 08:40 AM

So lets take a census...who likes the new numbered plans better and who likes the old colored plans better?

TracyC 01-25-2013 09:41 AM

Hi Barri, we're all checking in early today!

I have never seen the new numbered plans, but will check them out when I get mine in the mail. I think I might like the small amount of extra starch, and it seems to be that you get three smaller portions of protein a day, instead of two larger ones, if I've followed what I've seen correctly. If I can lose weight and feel more satisfied, it might be good for me. If not, I'll stay on the purple plan.

barri1970 01-25-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyC (Post 4606426)
Hi Barri, we're all checking in early today!

I have never seen the new numbered plans, but will check them out when I get mine in the mail. I think I might like the small amount of extra starch, and it seems to be that you get three smaller portions of protein a day, instead of two larger ones, if I've followed what I've seen correctly. If I can lose weight and feel more satisfied, it might be good for me. If not, I'll stay on the purple plan.

I am kind of torn on what plan to use. I lost all my weight 7 years ago on the blue/gold/green plans. I have the new colored plans but I am not sure about the starch thing too...is it too much starch??? Yes you can have a whole sandwich on the numbered plans but that goes against EVERYTHING I learned on the colored plans...LOL...I feel like throwing my hands up and saying...WELL WHICH IS IT???...LOL

TracyC 01-25-2013 10:56 AM

I am willing to have slower weight loss if it means I'm satisfied and won't be tempted to cheat. I think I'll try out the new plan when I receive it, and change back to the colored plan if I'm not losing anything.

My biggest problem right now is getting in all of my water. With the chilly weather, that is hard to do.

Dee2 01-26-2013 12:34 AM

I've noticed some discrepancies even among the materials I've rec'd in the same pkg. for instance; in the kick off pamphlet that was enclosed it does not mention using lites at all for the 2 days and it says unlimited protein. In the diary, it says 2 lites and a spot to record what time they were eaten. And it specifies 6oz protein for the day. I went with the pamphlet. No lites and unlimited protein. Think I lost a few lbs. day 1 tomorrow!! (Or is this day 3??) hope you all are doing well.

barri1970 01-26-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee2 (Post 4607593)
I've noticed some discrepancies even among the materials I've rec'd in the same pkg. for instance; in the kick off pamphlet that was enclosed it does not mention using lites at all for the 2 days and it says unlimited protein. In the diary, it says 2 lites and a spot to record what time they were eaten. And it specifies 6oz protein for the day. I went with the pamphlet. No lites and unlimited protein. Think I lost a few lbs. day 1 tomorrow!! (Or is this day 3??) hope you all are doing well.

The first 2 days when you drink the juice it is NO LITES and unlimited protein. Then starting on day 3 you follow the diary with serving sizes and LITES.

Dee2 01-26-2013 09:12 AM

I didn't do the lites. The booklet looked more recent so I followed that. I'm happy to report I lost 4.6 lbs. I know it's water but after struggling to just maintain on WW I'm happy to see that number at least heading in the right direction! I'm off and running today (figuratively speaking LOL) my start weight for LAWL was 188.6 down to 184 Thanks for the support ladies!

Dee2 01-26-2013 09:22 AM

Ladies, in the diary, it has the Take Off included in the plan. There is a spot for it every 2 weeks. Do you take the lites and 6 oz protein when you are doing it every 2 weeks?

TracyC 01-26-2013 11:56 AM

Technically, you should. However, back when I went to the centers from 2005-2007, I was told to use the Fast Forward, now known as Kick Off, because I needed more protein to be able to work out and not be tired. I was a real gym rat back in those days. So if I needed a boost or was participating in one of their numerous contests, I would do Fast Forward instead of the Take Off plan. I think if you were going to settle in for a quiet weekend, the regular Take-Off with lites would be fine.

Good for you for finishing up the Kick Off!

By the way, Dee, since you have the latest program info, could you confirm that if I weigh 211 pounds, I should be on plan 3? I ordered the food guide and program from a seller, but the woman forgot to put in the program book and I just got the food guide. The program book will be here early next week. I thought I read on the boards once that I should be on plan 3, but I wanted to confirm that.

I do like the three smaller portions of protein. They are big enough to satisfy, but not enough to make you feel stuffed like a half pound of chicken used to make me feel.

Dee2 01-26-2013 12:08 PM

@ Barri. Yes that is correct. Plan 3

TracyC 01-26-2013 12:32 PM

Thanks, Dee.

Dee2 01-26-2013 01:41 PM

Sorry Tracy! Not sure how I mixed you two up. Old age, I guess LOL.

TracyC 01-26-2013 01:56 PM

No worries, Dee. I am grateful for the information and support. If this turns out to be a three person support group, I am perfectly all right with that. I do hope we can expand, but these boards have been dying out at the same rate as the LAWL centers.

I was hoping the Costco special might have brought more curious people to look at the LAWL board! The more the merrier.

Dee2 01-26-2013 02:10 PM

I hope that costco has more specials on it in the future

MichaelaJane 01-26-2013 02:16 PM

Alright, I'm in too. My goal is to get back to 130. I'm at 160 now. 30 pounds by May 27 WOO HOOOO!!

Oh, and how do you get one of those neat-o tickers?

TracyC 01-26-2013 02:38 PM

Welcome, MichaelaJane! Are you using one of the old colored plans, or the newer, numbered plans?

I thought the old colored plans were great, but I saw some interesting changes on the numbered plans that made me want to give it a try. I like the three smaller protein portions, instead of two big ones. I do like the little bit of extra starch, I cannot lie.

Is anyone going to buy another Costco package while they're on sale, or make do with other protein bars and juice? I can highly recommend the caramel and carmel deluxe bars from Grab1. The company actually started to try to duplicate some flavors of LAWL bars. They added a berry bar that I also tried, but I personally thought it was gross. The other two were great.

I might order one more Costco package because it is a really good deal on the juice and the bars.

barri1970 01-26-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyC (Post 4608223)
Welcome, MichaelaJane! Are you using one of the old colored plans, or the newer, numbered plans?

I thought the old colored plans were great, but I saw some interesting changes on the numbered plans that made me want to give it a try. I like the three smaller protein portions, instead of two big ones. I do like the little bit of extra starch, I cannot lie.

Is anyone going to buy another Costco package while they're on sale, or make do with other protein bars and juice? I can highly recommend the caramel and carmel deluxe bars from Grab1. The company actually started to try to duplicate some flavors of LAWL bars. They added a berry bar that I also tried, but I personally thought it was gross. The other two were great.

I might order one more Costco package because it is a really good deal on the juice and the bars.

I am going to try 2 lower carb protein shakes instead of protein bars and see how that goes...

TracyC 01-26-2013 03:13 PM

I am on the first day of the numbered plan on the Rapid Results plan. I was a little skeptical about the meal combos, but so far, they have been great. I'm full without being stuffed.

Dee2 01-27-2013 02:54 PM

I lost another .4 from yesterday. Wow. I'm a slow loser typically. Got to say I'm happy. I might have a bit of an issue tomorrow when the red lobster meal shows up. I find it takes 2 days or so for my weight to register what I eat or don't eat on any given day. Except for water retention/loss, of course. But I managed to eat lobster with just a bit of butter, 1/2 a baked potato. One small bite of those buns they hand out. And 1/2 a light beer. I'm pretty happy with my self-control :)

Dee2 01-27-2013 03:04 PM

@ Tracy, the costco deal seems to be over in Canada. Too bad. But I did order the 2 mth pkg so I'm good for a while but my hubby and daughter might join me. If they do, I might just continue using Luna bars and the sun rype fruit/ veggie combo juice they have in store at my local costco. I didn't get to check the nutritional info on the juice but I will next time. I am trying not to alter or sub too much in the beginning though if I am having success. If I am too skeptical to try the alternatives I mentioned....I'll just order the 149 monthly support pkg off the costco website. I don't want to mess with my success :). Thanks guys for joining in. It is so much easier knowing others are doing this on their own with me!!

Dee2 01-27-2013 03:08 PM

Oh and welcome Michaela! I love that name btw! I had it ready to go if my last child was a girl. ;). Glad to have some more diet buddies!!! Did you order the LA weight loss pkg from Costco online too? Or are you using alternatives? Please jump in and join the chat. Oh and you have to have a minimum # of posts to get a ticker but I'm not sure how many?

TracyC 01-27-2013 03:33 PM

Hi Dee, good for you on the weight loss, and the sensible meal you ate at Red Lobster.

I haven't weighed since the first week, since I was having the ups and downs after the Fast Forward two days with the juice. It always takes me a while to adjust to eating less starch, so I have to take fiber tablets to keep my system, er, moving. I will weigh the day before my next Take Off weekend, and then again after.

I find that if I focus on eating right and feeling great, I stick with something. If I am running to the scale every day and I'm up a few ounces, I get bummed and question my commitment.

I do like the Rapid Results menu and the meal combinations. So far, so good.

I will close with a way to get in your water and enjoy it! Try Ocean Spray Diet Cran-Grape (5 cal per cup) 1/2 and 1/2 with club soda over crushed ice. For some reason the Cran Grape tastes like real juice, whereas the other flavors taste more "diet." I find it has almost the taste of a mixed drink.